OtakuBoards

Electrical Appliances ..........Blowing Up!

Fall

Have you ever had an electrical item in your house that has blown up, and caused a real lot of damage? I've had my T.V blow up before. My brother was playing his VirtualBoy, and he pressed the "start" button, and BOOM! The back of the T.V flew off, into the wall, and imprinted itself into our nice white wall. :( There were sparks flying out the front of it, the screen was black (burnt I think :confused: ), and the VCR was on fire. Now we don't have any television in our room no more. :bawl:

And our kettle has over boiled, melting the cord, and short-circuiting the circuit board inside, so we had no power for a few days. :(

But anyway, anyone else here had the same experience, because I'm starting to think that my whole family is ..........accident prone. :laugh: :( :bawl:

[SIZE=1]I am mixed emotions with that, it's quite funny and sad...

Never happened to my family before... nope... do ones in science labs count? We were making an electromagnet in a group and we put the voltage from the power box thingy too high :whoops: and the wire got super hot and nearly burnt my fingers, then the plastic around it started to melt and smoke was coming from the volt box! Then my friend made a dive for the power button and switched it off, we didn't get told off either!

Moral: Don't turn the voltage too high on a thing voltage machine ever [i]EVER[/i] :D[/SIZE]

ShadowGohan I know how that goes. At school I did that too. It was all right though. I wasn't the one holding the wire. I was holding the "device".

And one time at my house i have some 9volt batteries hooked up to a really small light (the buble was about 1 cm wide). When I hooked the positive and negative together............. The glass cover on the light went flying into my wall as the light blew up. The little glass bulb is still in my wall.

don't worry... i've blown more things up...

9 windows
2 tvs
3 science projects
12 lamps
1 stereo(i haven't broken another one because i'm not allowed near them)
4 clocks
2 toasters
1 refridgerator
4 generators
one car moter
and 3 boat moters...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I had my old PSx explode on me when I brought it over to play in asia...it seems that they have 220v in their sockets...smoke, then a loud clap, off came the left side of the thing... [/B][/QUOTE]

rofl :laugh:

Sorry, I just find that unlucky

"Woohoo, PSX!" Blammo! "Nuts"

Nothing that springs to mind has blown up on me before.... bathroom fan did when I was in the shower...scared me...

We will have to see what I do when I put a new PSU in my PC...BLAMMO!

:nervous: :worried:

[SIZE=1]:drunk: Well now... they didn't really blow up but they fried like a chicken :wow: Ya, I've neer seen that many sparks in my life. Then one time lightning struck a tree out in my neibors back yard and a brach(still attached to the tree) fell into your yard and blew out one of our televisions and gave everyone a tingly feeling :excited:[/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I suppose my stuff is too timid to blow up. . everything I own that comes to the end of it's life simply stops. Not to say that all of my stuff is old, just that it is too scared to blow up I think :D

I have had a few things just 'stop' on me. A TV, a VCR, a Gameboy. . nothing much, but it just. . . dies =P ROFL
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

oh my god, stormwing, that's a lot of blown up stuff.

well, yes, we've had quite a bit of stuff blow up at the macaiodh house. it usually involves some sort of bomb from the anarchist cookbook made by my brothers (i am not joking).

but my family reunions are the worst. there are a lot of little kids who can't control their powers yet & several old people who are a bit senile & do it for fun. this year, my 3-year-old cousin jessica blew up her bowl of peas b/c she didn't want to eat them. the peas flew all over my aunt susan. it was hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's what she gets for making jessica eat her peas.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]well, yes, we've had quite a bit of stuff blow up at the macaiodh house. it usually involves some sort of bomb from the anarchist cookbook made by my brothers (i am not joking).

but my family reunions are the worst. there are a lot of little kids who can't control their powers yet & several old people who are a bit senile & do it for fun. this year, my 3-year-old cousin jessica blew up her bowl of peas b/c she didn't want to eat them. the peas flew all over my aunt susan. it was hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's what she gets for making jessica eat her peas.[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Hehe, I've seen millions of versions of the Anarchist Cookbook, but I've never really acted upon any of the recipes... yet :demon:

:rotflmao: Your family reunions sound kinda humorous, I think it'd be interesting to see one :p[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]um.. .. ....... i shocked my tonge with a 9v battery.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, I've done that, and I couldn't eat for a week. ....My tongue had 5 blisters on it........ damn tongue!! I hate it..... :flaming: