Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Gaming Thps 3!


Outlaw
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just go Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and it is just about as good a game as they come. The graphics and tricks of the game has been increased, along with the speed. The feel has become a little more difficult however. And best of all, the locations of things like the SKATE letters changes with each character, so your not just playing the same thing over and over again. You can also play on the 3 tourny levels of THPS 1 and get some cool special chars like Darth Maul, Wolvurene(sp), and a pro surfer. Levels have become much more complex and imaginative, thus harder for those used to the simplisity of 1&2. I would recomend anyone with a PS2 to buy this game, and anyone without PS2, BUY ONE! Than get THPS 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is it that most topics about a game being cool end up sounding like an ad or review? Is there any possible way to avoid it?

Anyways, back to the game. I actually found the levels to be easier than the first 2 games. But that's just me
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh, your right, i does sound like an add. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!

*beats himself in the head*

Anyways, If you want hard try out Shaun Palmers Pro Snowboarder. Its alot of fun, but its insanly difficult, especially since if you miss something, you basiclly ned to start over, cause you cant go back unless you find a lift or snowmoble or truck.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I've heard that some levels from the original Tony Hawk, such as The Warehouse are hidden. Once, I get off my lazy bum, I'll have to unlock these goodies. [/B][/QUOTE]
I love the warehouse. I had a towering high-score on that one, and did one of those reverse hand-plants hanging off the roof above the half-pipe..... Hehehe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got the game for christmas and I agree that it is one of the best games that I have. The levels are longer and more extensive with great detail. More characters. Harder, and all that good stuff. I can't go a day without playing it. Even the music is cool (i m buring that junk!). It is much better and harder than the first, but i cannot vouge for the second cause i hav nevr played it and havn't heard any reviews. Yes, u can get it for any system now, that plays cds. PSX, PS2, Game Cube, and, oh wait, xbox doesn't hav it cause that systems suks!!!! Please don't hurt me....Out of those 3, the ps2 is the best one anyway. The psx does not hav as good grafics, and the Game Cube controls are awful. Its so hard to preform even the simplist moves. I deffinitly reccomend getting it if you hav ps2. If you don't, don't bother. BTW, what is this AirBlade you speak of?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]I got the game for christmas and I agree that it is one of the best games that I have. The levels are longer and more extensive with great detail. More characters. Harder, and all that good stuff. I can't go a day without playing it. Even the music is cool (i m buring that junk!). It is much better and harder than the first, but i cannot vouge for the second cause i hav nevr played it and havn't heard any reviews. Yes, u can get it for any system now, that plays cds. PSX, PS2, Game Cube, and, oh wait, xbox doesn't hav it cause that systems suks!!!! Please don't hurt me....Out of those 3, the ps2 is the best one anyway. The psx does not hav as good grafics, and the Game Cube controls are awful. Its so hard to preform even the simplist moves. I deffinitly reccomend getting it if you hav ps2. If you don't, don't bother. BTW, what is this AirBlade you speak of? [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually Xbox is getting THPS3 in March. A lot of the comments you made were totally subjective. Many people like the controls of Pro Skater on the GameCube, as the revert takes better timing.(It's not as cheap) Also Game Cube does not play cds, it plays mini-cds. Also, none of the next generation systems "suck." All of them have specific strengths. Xbox has tremendous power, Playstation 2 has unequaled thrid party support and Gamecube has the best first party titles out there.

That being said, I also love the Warehouse level. There are some great grinds an easy gap. My favorite level of all time though...is the Bull Ring from Tony Hawk 2. You wouldn't believe how much fun my friends and I had trying to blow each others scores away there.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I agree that anyone who hasn't got it, get it. But you can get it on PSX, and PSI now. It just doesn't have as good graphics as the one for the PS2 system. [/B][/QUOTE]

and that THPS 3 fpr PS1 got a horrible 4/10 and for PS2 got a 10/10... the PS1 release scored so low because it wasnt made by Neversoft cuz they decided to just stick to the PS2...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Da_Heavyarmz [/i]
[B]

and that THPS 3 fpr PS1 got a horrible 4/10 and for PS2 got a 10/10... the PS1 release scored so low because it wasnt made by Neversoft cuz they decided to just stick to the PS2... [/B][/QUOTE]

Neversoft made the Gamecube version too. :cool:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Da_Heavyarmz [/i]
[B]

and that THPS 3 fpr PS1 got a horrible 4/10 and for PS2 got a 10/10... the PS1 release scored so low because it wasnt made by Neversoft cuz they decided to just stick to the PS2... [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually Shaba Games is made up of quite the talented group of programmers. They, arguably created the most respectable alternative to the Ton Hawk series in Grind Session. Furthermore, it didn't necessarily get rated badly. Gamespot rated it a 9.0(superb).
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Actually Xbox is getting THPS3 in March. A lot of the comments you made were totally subjective. Many people like the controls of Pro Skater on the GameCube, as the revert takes better timing.(It's not as cheap) Also Game Cube does not play cds, it plays mini-cds. Also, none of the next generation systems "suck." All of them have specific strengths. Xbox has tremendous power, Playstation 2 has unequaled thrid party support and Gamecube has the best first party titles out there.

That being said, I also love the Warehouse level. There are some great grinds an easy gap. My favorite level of all time though...is the Bull Ring from Tony Hawk 2. You wouldn't believe how much fun my friends and I had trying to blow each others scores away there. [/B][/QUOTE]
:blush: :worried: Xbox is just ganna probably make it all that much better than ps2. *sits in a corner with ps2*

As for the gamecube controls, i don't c how u can get used to them for tony hawk. I mean, the bottons are all different shapes and put into more or less different places. Besides, the bottons for ps2 out-do the gc ones with pressure sensitivity. With the cd's, i should hav just said dvd's, cause that is what they are. Except the cd's for psx. I kno that xbox probably does not suck, but i prefer ps2, and i was just making a joke about it.



BTW, [SIZE=1]ps2 is better :naughty: [/SIZE]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]just to clear up a few things...
A.) THE x-box does SUCK... it is on recall... i have NEVER seen that on a gaming system in my life... typical microsoft thou, they are on recall for some major bug that they planned on letting you download a patch to get (oh yea you have to d/l the patch that lets you d/l things :wigout: )
B.) you are going to like it on whichever system you are used to because that is what you are used to. So if you play it on PS2 u wont like the GCN and visa versa.
C.) i dont like THPS series so i really dont care just thought i would read it since i am the mod and havent read it yet ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]just to clear up a few things...
A.) THE x-box does SUCK... it is on recall... i have NEVER seen that on a gaming system in my life... typical microsoft thou, they are on recall for some major bug that they planned on letting you download a patch to get (oh yea you have to d/l the patch that lets you d/l things :wigout: )
B.) you are going to like it on whichever system you are used to because that is what you are used to. So if you play it on PS2 u wont like the GCN and visa versa.
C.) i dont like THPS series so i really dont care just thought i would read it since i am the mod and havent read it yet ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, part A doesn't really clear things up. The Xbox does not "suck." Its power compares favorably to the other next gen consoles. As a matter of fact, it is marginally more powerful. In a situation where the power behind the machines is so even, it is the people behind the consoles that will determine their success. If you just flat out say that "X box sucks," you may as well say that Gamecube and PS2 "suck" also....

Anyway, we weren't even really debating which console was better in terms of online capability, so oh well.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i didnt flat out say the x-box sucks... i gave reasoning... it is on recall... which means people who bought it have to give it back... now if that doesnt just suck i dont know what does[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i didnt flat out say the x-box sucks... i gave reasoning... it is on recall... which means people who bought it have to give it back... now if that doesnt just suck i dont know what does[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yea, that's what happened to a friend in my school. I just laughed and continued to explain how much better ps2 was in comparison. Kuja, u work in a store right? So this is how u kno this?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yep i work at target :), and i have always know a little about systems... as soon as i heard microsoft had a system i knew it would be recalled or need to d/l patches[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...