2010DigitalBoy Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 [COLOR=DarkOrange]Welcome, all! This is the Video Game Sub-title Game! What is this you ask? Simple! One person puts out a game subtitle... [B]EX[/B]: Twilight Princess As well as 2 hints... [B]EX[/B]: 1. Released for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube 2. Number 14 in a running series created by Shigero Miyamoto And the next person answers with the full title! [B]EX[/B]: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess! Then that person puts up a subtitle and the game goes on! Hopefully we can do this correctly and the thread will thrive. If the moderators have any suggestions to modify this thread's concept without having to close it, I would happily take it. [B]NOTES[/B]: If a game's title is something like [B]'Guitar Hero 2' [/B] the '2' does not count as a subtitle. On the other hand, a game like [B]'Starfox Assualt' [/B] can be counted as 'Assault' is not part of the series title. In game titles like 'Sonic [B]Adventure 2 Battle' [/B] do not include the '2'. It is reccommended that you use subtitles with more than one word or uncommon ones so as not to create confusion. [B]NOTES CONT[/B].: Looking up the titles online defeats the point of the game, so I can only ask you not to do so, but please make sure you know the game the title goes to and don't post if you aren't sure. I'll start with an easy one... [B]Sub-title[/B]: Eternal Wings And The Lost Ocean [B]1[/B]. Released in 2004 for the Nintendo Gamecube and a sequel was made in 2006 [B]2[/B]. Advanced battle system combined RPG elements with card-battle strategy creating something unique and addicting.[/COLOR]
Ellerby Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 [COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Sub-title[/B]: Eternal Wings And The Lost Ocean [B]1[/B]. Released in 2004 for the Nintendo Gamecube and a sequel was made in 2006 [B]2[/B]. Advanced battle system combined RPG elements with card-battle strategy creating something unique and addicting.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] You know what? This is a really neat idea but it has a flaw. If the subtitle is long enough just about anyone can cut and paste it into google and find the game on their first try. I guess we could just say try not to be really specific? Anyway, the game is Baten Kaitos. Here's mine: [b]Sub-title:[/b] Racers [b]1.[/b] Released in 1994 for the SNES. [b]2.[/b] The Racers is the second part to the only word in the game title. It's one long word. :) [b]Bonus Hint![/b] Probably one of the most overlooked SNES games.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Treble Posted December 31, 2006 Posted December 31, 2006 [QUOTE=White][color=dimgray][font=Tahoma] [b]Sub-title:[/b] Racers [b]1.[/b] Released in 1994 for the SNES. [b]2.[/b] The Racers is the second part to the only word in the game title. It's one long word. :) [b]Bonus Hint![/b] Probably one of the most overlooked SNES games.[/font][/color][/QUOTE] [size=2]Hmmm I'm guessing it's [b]Uniracers[/b], if so, I never had the chance to play the game, but I always wanted to.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]As for my game:[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][b]Sub-title: [/b]Seven Stars[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][b]1.[/b] Released in 1996 near the end of the SNES time.[/size] [size=2][b]2.[/b] One of the first games to introduce timed-hits in a rpg battle system that allows the player to de[/size][size=2]al more damage to an enemy.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][/size]
TheResplendent Posted December 31, 2006 Posted December 31, 2006 [QUOTE=Treble][size=2]Hmmm I'm guessing it's [b]Uniracers[/b], if so, I never had the chance to play the game, but I always wanted to.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2]As for my game:[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][b]Sub-title: [/b]Seven Stars[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][b]1.[/b] Released in 1996 near the end of the SNES time.[/size] [size=2][b]2.[/b] One of the first games to introduce timed-hits in a rpg battle system that allows the player to de[/size][size=2]al more damage to an enemy.[/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][/size] [size=2][/size][/QUOTE] [font=tahoma]Super Mario RPG =). Sub-Title: A [i]complete story[/i] 1) Released originally in 1996 for a system by a company without a next-gen console. 2) Involved carefully detailed anime cutscenes and gave you the option of collecting provocative pictures of the game's heroines.[/font]
Sakura Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 [QUOTE=BKstyles][font=tahoma]Super Mario RPG =). Sub-Title: A [i]complete story[/i] 1) Released originally in 1996 for a system by a company without a next-gen console. 2) Involved carefully detailed anime cutscenes and gave you the option of collecting provocative pictures of the game's heroines.[/font][/QUOTE] [COLOR=Navy]Woot, browsing and saw this, even though I don't really know much about subtitles and stuff... I'm quite sure the answer to this one is [B]Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete[/B]. I personally haven't played this one because I can't get a hold of one, but I love the sequel. Hmmmm... [B]Sub-title:[/B] A Musical Adventure [B]1)[/B] Released in 2000 for the Playstation [B]2)[/B] Co-created by the makers of [I]Disgaea[/I][/COLOR]
Sandy Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 [QUOTE=Sakura][COLOR=Navy] [B]Sub-title:[/B] A Musical Adventure [B]1)[/B] Released in 2000 for the Playstation [B]2)[/B] Co-created by the makers of [I]Disgaea[/I][/COLOR][/QUOTE] This has to be [B]Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure[/B]. ***** Here's mine (hope this type of riddle is allowed): [B]S??? ?????? ???s??: ??v?? S??????? - ?????? ???????? vs ??? S?????ss ????[/B] So there's the game's title with all of it's subtitles, done in a Hangman style with 'S' and 'V' added. This should be a bit more challenging... ;D
TheResplendent Posted January 1, 2007 Posted January 1, 2007 [QUOTE=Sandy]This has to be [B]Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure[/B]. ***** Here's mine (hope this type of riddle is allowed): [B]S??? ?????? ???s??: ??v?? S??????? - ?????? ???????? vs ??? S?????ss ????[/B] So there's the game's title with all of it's subtitles, done in a Hangman style with 'S' and 'V' added. This should be a bit more challenging... ;D[/QUOTE] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Souless Army. Heh, Shin Megami Tensei was actually the first thing that went through my mind when i saw the first 3 words. Sub-Title: An extravagent gathering of those bound by a common purpose. 1) Only here will you see rabid animals, 8 legged insects, and heroes of justice working together. 2) Released within the last four months, now out for multiple systems.
The Spectacular Professor Posted January 4, 2007 Posted January 4, 2007 [QUOTE=BKstyles]Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Souless Army. Heh, Shin Megami Tensei was actually the first thing that went through my mind when i saw the first 3 words. Sub-Title: An extravagent gathering of those bound by a common purpose. 1) Only here will you see rabid animals, 8 legged insects, and heroes of justice working together. 2) Released within the last four months, now out for multiple systems.[/QUOTE] Okay, took me a while, but I'm guessing Rayman: Raving Rabbids (say it three times fast.) My turn: Summoner's Lineage Hint 1: Part of a long-standing popular series with installments on SNES, PS1, PS2, and GCN among many other systems, this installment never made it to the states. Hint 2: A spinoff of a game released on three different systems (at different times,) but released only once on one system in America.
TheResplendent Posted January 4, 2007 Posted January 4, 2007 [QUOTE=Aceburner]Okay, took me a while, but I'm guessing Rayman: Raving Rabbids (say it three times fast.) My turn: Summoner's Lineage Hint 1: Part of a long-standing popular series with installments on SNES, PS1, PS2, and GCN among many other systems, this installment never made it to the states. Hint 2: A spinoff of a game released on three different systems (at different times,) but released only once on one system in America.[/QUOTE] [b][font=tahoma]Tis actually Marvel: Ultimate Alliance =P. I actually thought it was too easy when I started looking over it.[/b][/font]
PWNED Posted January 4, 2007 Posted January 4, 2007 [QUOTE=Aceburner]Okay, took me a while, but I'm guessing Rayman: Raving Rabbids (say it three times fast.) My turn: Summoner's Lineage Hint 1: Part of a long-standing popular series with installments on SNES, PS1, PS2, and GCN among many other systems, this installment never made it to the states. Hint 2: A spinoff of a game released on three different systems (at different times,) but released only once on one system in America.[/QUOTE] Your game is [U]Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage[/U] which was released on the GBA. Now Mine is....... Be The Fighter Hint 1: Part of a long running series of fighting games that has only jumped to 3D in the last couple of years. Hint 2: A lot of characters in the first installment of the series were not original characters.
desertphoenix Posted January 4, 2007 Posted January 4, 2007 [QUOTE=PWNED]Your game is [U]Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage[/U] which was released on the GBA. Now Mine is....... Be The Fighter Hint 1: Part of a long running series of fighting games that has only jumped to 3D in the last couple of years. Hint 2: A lot of characters in the first installment of the series were not original characters.[/QUOTE] I know for sure it's King of fighters. I'm a long time Iori fan. My turn i guess .......: the sun is in your hands hint1: it was a game that insisted you go outside for sunlight. hint2: old school metal gear solid gameplay
Gavin Posted January 4, 2007 Posted January 4, 2007 [SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.[/SIZE] [QUOTE=desertphoenix]I know for sure it's King of fighters. I'm a long time Iori fan. My turn i guess .......: the sun is in your hands hint1: it was a game that insisted you go outside for sunlight. hint2: old school metal gear solid gameplay[/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][B]Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand[/B] "[I]Choose Your Path[/I]" [B]Hint 1:[/B] 2003 Game of the Year [B]Hint 2:[/B] First great use of the licence in years.[/SIZE]
Dodeca Posted January 4, 2007 Posted January 4, 2007 [QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]"[I]Choose Your Path[/I]" [B]Hint 1:[/B] 2003 Game of the Year [B]Hint 2:[/B] First great use of the licence in years.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][i]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic[/i]. I haven't played the first one myself, but it was the first thing to come to mind with the subtitle and your hints. Behold; [b]"The surrealistic adventure that will become your world."[/b] Hint 1: The big daddy of all confusing puzzle-based adventure games. Hint 2: Released in 1993, with a fair few sequels released since then. Probably [i]wa-a-ay[/i] too easy, but hey.[/SIZE]
The Spectacular Professor Posted January 6, 2007 Posted January 6, 2007 [quote name='BKstyles][b][font=tahoma]Tis actually Marvel: Ultimate Alliance =P. I actually thought it was too easy when I started looking over it.[/b'][/font][/quote] "I don't see a price on the fat guy in the bubble, how much is he?" "That's you." "Oop, EM-barassing." Sorry, I was thinking of riding spiders and fighting off rabbits of doom AS an action hero. Also I wasn't sure anyone would get mine. PWNED just PWNS at this! (Hey, PWNED, could you tell me which VGCatz it is when they have the Dub Robot ripping Luffy's guts out? Sojiro needs to see that.) Anyway, sorry for the delay and let the game continue.
PWNED Posted January 6, 2007 Posted January 6, 2007 [QUOTE=Dodeca][SIZE=1][i]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic[/i]. I haven't played the first one myself, but it was the first thing to come to mind with the subtitle and your hints. Behold; [b]"The surrealistic adventure that will become your world."[/b] Hint 1: The big daddy of all confusing puzzle-based adventure games. Hint 2: Released in 1993, with a fair few sequels released since then. Probably [i]wa-a-ay[/i] too easy, but hey.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] That really evil game eh? [U][B]Myst 1[/B][/U], released on the PC in 1993 and has made me feel like destroying all mankind at times. He is a relativly tough one for you guys; "[U]Get it![/U]" Hint 1: Released in 1998 alongside another game that was from the same company. Hint 2: It's game engine was later rehashed for two games by a now defunct wrestling company.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now