OtakuBoards

The OtaKuties- Critiques/Betting Thread [E]

Dragon Warrior

[quote name='The Boss']The grain on the photo was actually an effect I was trying to get. Like an old Kung-Fu movie.[/quote]Now you've told me that your entry is twice as awesome. Old kung fu movies rock out hard.

Desbreko and The Boss are pretty much equal first in my view now - but I still want Des to win because otherwise I'm OtakuBroke :animeswea

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#9933ff]White: Billie Jean! *hugs you* OMG!@!! *laughs hysterically* The only reason I have to be laughing hysterically is because of a damn FANFIC where this Japanese guy who, like most Japanese, can't actually speak English, is trying to sing Billy Jean to cheer up his boyfriend. And naturally, the point is to make himself look like such an idiot that his boyfriend cheers up. Can you imagine THIS guy: http://siberian18.fateback.com/images/wk10.jpg ([b]first from left[/b]) and here: http://www.geocities.com/weissflowergirl/weissbluecool.gif ([b]third from left[/b]) dancing to Billie Jean, and how FUNNY it would be? XD ...and the b/f is the redhead.

That fanfic seriously scarred the way I look at the song. *__*

Er... yeah. going away now.... >_>[/color]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B][quote name='Sandy][B]Revelation:[/B'] Isn't it creepy being outside in the dark on a fence? ;P Good call on the racist police, too! >;D[/quote]

As strange as this may seem but...not really. I'm used to walking around that park. I've heard people tell me all sorts of crazy things about the park but, I don't know. I'm just not affected by it.

[quote name='Sandy']Anyway, the picture is thrilling indeed. You would defs make a better leader that G.W.B., but I think the same could be said from all of the contestants. Even Clurr, who would turn the country into one gigantic sushibar. XP[/quote]

By no means do I mean this rudely but...George W. Bush is a dickhead. I know that was very immature and unlady-like of me but it's true. He doesn't have a single clue as to how to run this country the correct way. Bill Clinton did a much better job and less people hate him.

I don't necessarily despise him [because I haven't caught up on World News as of late]; however, the things he does is simply...stupid [for a lack of better words.] He is a simple-minded, good-for-nothing, poor-excuse-of-a-man and leader.

But then again, that's just my opinion. Oh and to comment back on what you said about my picture: I saw the fence and I simply HAD to climb it...and have my friend take a picture of me doing it. I wanted to climb the baseball fence but she thought that since I was smaller, it'd look a bit more dramatic and funny. Sort of a simple irony, if you might. [Although, I'm not sure where that irony would fit. XP][/size][/color]

[quote name='Sandy][SIZE=1][B]Desbreko:[/B'] Your facial expression and posture does it all, it really looks like the monkey is giving you the ride of a lifetime. ;D Still insisting on the goatee, huh? Your "spaker" is truly an abomination I wouldn't want to encounter. I think you'd make just as good a ruler to your country as you do here. ;D[/SIZE][/quote][color=#4B0082]It's there purely out of laziness, of which I posses a rather large amount. Though I've actually shaved it off since then, and have been trying to get myself to do so more regularly.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I just hope I don't end up breaking the bank of everyone who's bet on me this round. >_>;[/color]

[size=1]Okay, everyone. The results are in! The three judges have all gathered their ideas together and made a top five. Sadly, some of you who seemed like excellent choices for top five did not completely meet the requirements, so we couldn't select you. Remember, everyone, to keep to the requirements. Otherwise, you winning would be unfair. So here are Round Two's Top 5...
[list][*][b]First Place:[/b] Desbreko. It appears the majority of the crowd loved Des' picture, not because he's a site administrator, but because of the sheer creativity behind it. The picture itself is amusing, especially his facial expression. Comedy and cuteness can go a long way and Des is a shining example of this. Taking fifth last round, he sure jumped up a bit to take first this time. The amusement he brings to everyone is what gets him places. He knows how to use what he's got.
[*][b]Second Place:[/b] The Boss. This man has really shown that you can use your uniqueness to go far. Being a martial artist, The Boss has taken his talents and skills he's obtained and turned the simple idea of "an action shot" into "an action film." The effects are quite the nifty effect and his answers (particularly about the animals) also got him favored by the public and judges. This is what OtaKuties is all about--using your unique traits and personality characteristics and showing how great of a person you really are.
[*][b]Third Place:[/b] Darren. For a mistake, the picture turned out great. It's not the best quality, but sometimes quality in the photo isn't everything. The idea that your dog pushed you in is amusing enough to steal third. Your answers to the questions also were interesting enough and we praise you for it. Luckily you weren't injured, but it goes to show how daredevilish you really are. What a trooper!
[*][b]Fourth Place:[/b] White. Nice moves! Though you weren't the only dancer in this round, yours was quite amusing enough. It was more or less your answers to the questions that captured your personality the most, however. You are really beginning to show your true characteristics, White. Keep it up and you may have a shot at being OtaKutie of 2007. Oh, and Michael Jackson is the man... music-wise.
[*][b]Fifth Place:[/b] MistressRoxie. Some would argue hers is not action. In a sense, it is. The shot was taken while in movement of putting on the flipper, but that's not what I mean. The action is from the people around her. The movement of the others enjoying vacation. That's actually true action. The idea of the postcard was also very creative, therefore she received a spot in the top five. Her answers lacked at some points, but others made up for it. I like the idea of a Pengaby. I have now stolen it. ;)[/list]

That's it, folks. I have calculated all the bets and everything. Some may have lost money, some may have gained it. It's not always a guarantee, as some may say. However, Round Three has just begun, so maybe a change of fate will come! Thank you, and goodnight![/size]

[center][size=4][b]Betting Is Now Open.[/b][/size][/center]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]It seems like Boo's the favored here; however instead of betting on who takes first I'm going to bet on who places [B]second[/B]. I think I'm going to go with my pal, [B]Vicky[/B]. Just to be on the safe side, I'm laying down [B]75[/B]. Hopefully my calculations were right and she does place second. *crosses fingers*

I like bold too, Raiyuu. I like bold too.[/size][/color]

[b]+ Clurr[/b]'s used a nice dynamic angle, if one that's a little overused in rock photography. But then, I choose to see it as taking the photo that suits the subject matter, rather than any kind of lack of originality. I just hope her music career takes off - it's hard to make the big time.

[b]+ Boo[/b] just keeps making me laugh - or at least go "whuh?". The birthday cake disguise almost trumps the moose binoculars from round one - [i]almost.[/i] Though there's one downside to the inventive 'job' he's chosen to photograph: without the caption, it's nigh impossible to tell what he's meant to be doing. The price of creativity...?

[b]+ sakurasuka:[/b] I don't know whether the soft focus is a result of taking it on a phone camera, but it works well with the extreme close-up. (I'm assuming it's a phone pic because the logo on the hat is flipped...?) She pulls off that coy expression really well, too. Not to mention, she works at Chik-Fil-A, and 'Army' by Ben Folds Five literally [i]just[/i] rotated on my shuffling iTunes, and it mentions the place ... weird or what?

[b]+ Vicky is [i]holding a sword[/i].[/b]

[b]- Desbreko[/b] captioned his photo 'Angry Tech Support Guy', but I don't think he looks angry. Maybe it's because the mike is hiding his mouth, maybe it's because he's leaning his elbow casually on the desk, maybe it's because I associate that hand gesture with triumph and not with anger. I don't know. It's just not doing it for me.

[quote name='Raiyuu']The price of creativity...?[/quote][size=1]... or is he just very good at his job? The mystery is left unsolved while Dr. Boo leaves the crime scene, glancing back at the cold body of a cake thief. This was not going to be the end of this story, he was sure of that.[/size]