OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Mercenaries [E]

Sandy

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]I think we should be able to relay it around through PMs like we did with the banners.. we should ask though. Also, seeing as it's a screenplay, are we writing it like

[description of scene here]
Alexa: blah blah
[something happens here]
or can it be an actual story format?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Edit: quick question - Darren, you mentioned I had a strength in music, and this is true.. I didn't really think it could come into play here, but what do you guys think - should I pick out some accompanying music? Or atleast make an attempt to?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's a screenplay so I assume we're supposed to write it in screenplay format. Here's an example: (although it's rough because I can't use exact deminsions on here)

[FONT=Courier New] INT: OTAKUBOARDS SURVIVOR MERCENARY CAMP -- DAY
(As DARREN enters the room)

[CENTER]ALEXA[/CENTER]
[CENTER]What's up?[/CENTER]

[CENTER]DARREN[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Not much, where's Aaryanna?[/CENTER]

[CENTER]AARYANNA[/CENTER]
[CENTER](Appearing in a cloud of smoke)[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Here I am. These smoke bombs work great![/CENTER][/FONT]

EDIT: And yes Alexa, Sandy said that we can come up with some accompanying music for the script if we'd like. I'm just not sure exacltly how we'd get it to play (in the right spot) for the script. Or maybe we could just kinda say this is the song by so-and-so and it starts here/ends here

[QUOTE=Darren]Well, it's a screenplay so I assume we're supposed to write it in screenplay format. Here's an example: (although it's rough because I can't use exact deminsions on here)

[FONT=Courier New] INT: OTAKUBOARDS SURVIVOR MERCENARY CAMP -- DAY
(As DARREN enters the room)

[CENTER]ALEXA[/CENTER]
[CENTER]What's up?[/CENTER]

[CENTER]DARREN[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Not much, where's Aaryanna?[/CENTER]

[CENTER]AARYANNA[/CENTER]
[CENTER](Appearing in a cloud of smoke)[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Here I am. These smoke bombs work great![/CENTER][/FONT]

EDIT: And yes Alexa, Sandy said that we can come up with some accompanying music for the script if we'd like. I'm just not sure exacltly how we'd get it to play (in the right spot) for the script. Or maybe we could just kinda say this is the song by so-and-so and it starts here/ends here[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]oh! Okay, that's great, it helps me alot ^^; I've written 'scripts' before, but never in true screenplay format.. Maybe I can atleast start tonight. How much are you two writing? Your entire ideas out, or maybe just an intro section?

Edit: alright! I'm excited for the music part, I pride myself on great taste in choosing fitting music... But this is something that I think we should do very last, once the story is tweaked, so I can decide on the exact tone. But it'll be fun! I know codes for a music player, and have a place to host.. but I'm not sure exactly how we'd get it into the screen play itself.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Haha, school got snowed out for me so I've had awhile to work on our screenplay. (FINALLY SOME SNOW!!!) I've only written out the intro (which I'll be sending both of you through PMs) but I would just like to point out a few changes I've made through the overall plot.

The killings still take place at a foreign school, but this foreign school was for "troubled children" (thus explaining the barred windows and locked doors) and after a major outbreak several years ago, (which caused several murders) they closed the school down.

Our characters aren't going to the school. They're going on a trip to history museum, but they break down just in front of the school. There's a bit more that I want to explain, but I don't want to ruin it for anybody who actually comes on here and reads this (we gotta keep this a secret from the other teams just in case someone decides to make a spoof off of it. And I did see it mentioned by the LOLs) So here's just a few quick notes:

1) The name of the troubled school needs to stay. I think it provides irony.

2) All the lines can be changed, no problem. I was only trying to set up personality within each of our characters. But obviously, you know more about yourselves than I do, so feel free to change some lines if you don't like it.

3) All the other towns can be changed. E.G: Berryville, Dallas, ect. I couldn't come up with any names so I started picking some random ones that I've visited. The only one I want to keep is the name of the "troubled school" and it's town.

The rest of it, should be self-explanitory in the screenplay I'll be sending. If not, you can ask me some questions and I'll try to take care of it. The first part is to build suspense, but it really has only moderate purpose in the movie... You'll see; my brain is functioning full-speed, so I'm kinda rambling right now. Don't worry, I've got the plot planned out up until they break down. I'm trying to configure a back-story to give our villain motive. (I'm also considering Sandy playing someone other than a teacher, but he'd still be our villian)

[B]EDIT:[/B] I just sent them to you in a private message because I'm having trouble finding a way to upload them as a web file. :( Since I sent it through PM, none of the margins or all of that stuff is correct; I just had to use center, right, or left so it's not exaclty good. If either of you know a site for me to upload a web file or something that would be great. Also, I don't have a title for the movie yet so any ideas on that would be much appreciated. THANKS

[COLOR=DarkRed]I loved the intro! ^_~ I've been working on possible dialouge and how things are happening from the standpoint of when they have been stranded. I'll try to get it finished tonight if not, I'll definately have something ready to send to you two tomorrow. ^_^

As for Sandy, he doesn't have to be a teacher, but I definately want to keep him as the villian. Also for the additional students I was thinking it would be more fun if each of us choose three to four people from OtakuBoards. Since each of us know different people that would make the overall cast more diverse if we all pick people. Besides the main characters of Alexa, Darren myself, Gavin, Crystia and the villian Sandy. What do you two think? [/COLOR]

I would definately vote in some people from the other teams... It would help me release some anger about us losing two in a row. :( But other than that, I'm happy with whatever. I've actually added to that intro I sent both of you and I'm not as pleased, but do not worry; I'm sure it will turn out better in the long run.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I didn?t mind the first time we lost, but the second? Being students and in school did us in. Especially since the challenge was posted at midnight my time giving others in different coutries a head start due to the time zone differences. [and yes I?m still peeved about that] :animeangr

As for our progress I was working on my idea of the graphic presentation and I had written up some dialogue when the damn power went out for a couple of minutes. It corrupted my files and I?ve had to start over. >_< But no worries. I was frustated so I went ahead and did all my homework instead so now I?ll have plenty of time to work on it tomorrow. ^_^[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]Can't wait to see what you've got, Aaryanna! I'll send you what I've got for an intro later on, maybe even tonight... And I also like the idea of all of us picking 3-4 people we know from OB. I'll also send along a list, then, of the people I choose =3[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well, I've just changed my mind. I agree with Anomaly about the introduction. I never really got Aaryanna's view on the matter, but Alexa said she didn't like the idea of it being a dream. Now that I've written up to Gavin's death, I don't think I like the idea very much either... However, I do like the fact that we start it out in Aaryanna's room just after the the intro because it identifies her as the final girl. (And rightfully so since she's the captain) Anyway, I wanted her to come across the same shed in the dream, when all the girls snuck off the bus... However, now that we're down on the dream aspect, what would her motivation for entering the shed be??? It has to be a darn good reason too, so we don't make it like those other thrillers where they're running up the stairs when they should be heading out the front door... So, send me some ideas. And definately send me a couple of ways for the characters to die, because I'm low on them.
Thanks,
D!

[COLOR=DarkRed]All right. ^_^ I sent both of you a revision on what you did Darren. And I'm working on ideas for how to off more people. I hope you like the change since I think the intro would would work well so long as it's not a dream. ^_~

My character can still be upset and rattled by the article just the same. I'm working on the angle that the mysterious killer is some sort of paranoid mental freak convinced that the world is out to get them. And as soon as they kill Gavin they sneak around to the other side of the bus to plant some dynamite next to the fuel.

I would imagine having Crystia the driver and four students still on the bus when it's blown up would certainly stir things up. Or you could have the girls or the boys discover Gavin's body and at that point they hear the explosion and run back to see the bus in flames.[/COLOR]

I've just written up to crystia's death. Only 5 more to go. muahahaha!!!! I'm going to work on it some more tomorrow, but I'm done for tonight because I could tell it was turning into crap. When I do things for too long my brain loses focus and it just goes downhill. There are a lot of things that I know will need to be changed, so when either of you writes to that point, let me know and I'll send you what I have so we can combine them.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]I think I just might write all over the place, sort of disjointed, just on whatever I have ideas about. I'll probably stick to death scenes, or go back to places where we were running low on feasible ideas or i know we can improve on something.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I sent you guys a bunch of information. I'm going to start working on the final graphics on the assumption that most of what I've sent you will be used. I'll save it in PSD format so it won't be that hard to change it if we need to. But I at least want to get the main format started since the deadline is creeping up on us. ^_~[/COLOR]

I'll do my best to take what you've written and make it to the end. I've already placed the characters names in there. (Assuming we use them all) And from tehre, we'll be able to beat the other teams because this is going to rock. I actually had the idea of killing Crystia with something sharp piercing the back of her skull and going all the way out her forhead... Now that I think about it, that it sort of Paris Hilton in "House of Wax," my bad. Like I said, I'll do my best to finish it. But like Alexa, I might just have to write all over the place to keep my attention. Even if none of us write a full script, we'll be able to pool all the ideas together to make a full script. GO TEAM!

D!

---------------------

Hey guys, I'm sorry about me not sending that stuff to you last night. Sandy said we have all Day Saturday to post them... (hopefully he means our time and not UK time) I was without access last night so I couldn't work on it. Plus homework is swamping me like crazy, but since it's Friday, I should be able to get it to you tonight!!! And I'm thinking that we shoudl go ahead and take Aaryanna's plan and just have the 4 come across the other 4 dead... Or at least a couple of them... But also, I just wanted to point out that our villain doesn't have to actually kill them. Maybe he could just chase them into a trap that he's built up and they die in there... It seems a lot easier. I'll try to finish it up using Aaryanna format, send it to you tonight, and then we can go over it and turn it in tomoorow...

How's that sound?
D!
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Next time you want to post when yours is the last post, to avoid double posting just delete your last post and then repost it along with the new information. ;) ~Crystia[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Darren]Hey guys, I'm sorry about me not sending that stuff to you last night. Sandy said we have all Day Saturday to post them... (hopefully he means our time and not UK time) I was without access last night so I couldn't work on it. Plus homework is swamping me like crazy, but since it's Friday, I should be able to get it to you tonight!!! And I'm thinking that we shoudl go ahead and take Aaryanna's plan and just have the 4 come across the other 4 dead... Or at least a couple of them... But also, I just wanted to point out that our villain doesn't have to actually kill them. Maybe he could just chase them into a trap that he's built up and they die in there... It seems a lot easier. I'll try to finish it up using Aaryanna format, send it to you tonight, and then we can go over it and turn it in tomoorow...

How's that sound?
D![/QUOTE]Well now that we know we can turn it in tomorrow evening, that makes it easier to include more deaths. The format I sent was based on the thought that we had to have everything in tonight so I was presenting it since it would have been easier to finish up in time. ^_^

Still if you two can get to me what you've done later tonight, I can try combining them and then weave them into the original story for a finish that you guys can check tomorrow before we hand it in. ^_^

[CENTER]------------[/CENTER]

Whee! I?ve sent you guys the final graphic! Even though we ended up leaving a lot out due to time constraints and such you guys did such an awesome job with all the ideas and script you sent me. I?ll be back in a bit to check on your responses before I post anything in the final thread. Go Team! :catgirl:
[/COLOR]

YOU GUYS WE KICKED SO MUCH BUTT I'M SO EXCITED!!! I just checked the main thread, and we won by a mile, so be proud of what we created... I'm just so excited to come from last place (and voting out) in the last to challenges up to 1st!!! This is so great. good work team... Now, I think our biggest challenge is The Titans.

[COLOR=DarkRed] :catgirl: You guys did awesome! I know Sandy was surprised by what we did, but then he didn't see how many pm's we were sending each other left and right. Between what I got from you guys and what I sent you I must have over 100 new pms that were just for this challenge. Even if we couldn't include everything we wanted it was great! That was so much fun! :catgirl: [/COLOR]