OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Mercenaries [E]

Sandy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Anomaly][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Well hey - all the teams had to send somebody, so it can't be that bad, right? xD[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]I don't know about that. This is certainly ironic since I was predicting Sandy was going to switch teams around on us. I can guarantee you that I'll certainly do my best as your new team captain and as soon as my daughter gets home I'll ask her to make me a matching avatar and I'll use the banner once she modifies it as well.

Goodness I'm not sure where to start though, lets see...obviously my daughter knows me already so I'll repost my introduction from when this first started:
[INDENT]Now on to the introduction: Though I currently live in Utah I?m from a very small town east of Dallas Texas known as Mt. Pleasant Texas. I moved to Utah shortly after I got married since my husband took a job offer here when he graduated from college.

I?m a great fan of music having studied and played both the Piano and the Organ since I was a little girl and it?s something I still do as I teach both Piano and Organ to a number of children in my Church Ward.

I love nature in that any chance to go on a drive and visit different areas such as lakes, waterfalls, national parks, etc. I take. I never get tired of seeing God?s creations. Which brings up another aspect of who I am. Even though I am very religious I believe that all religions have some form of truth in them and I love getting to know people of different faiths and walks of life.

The things I like to do are sewing, crafts, scrap booking, reading and spending time with my friends.

And lastly, though far from being the least, I love being a Mom, my older children may have moved on, but I love having my youngest one Aaryanna still at home. Words can?t even begin to describe how much I love my daughter. Oh and I love being a grandmother as one of my oldest has two children. My only regret is that they don?t live close so I have to make due with pictures of those cute little kids.
[/INDENT]
Now as for our current challenge. To be honest I tend to be more against abortion instead of for it. I don't know what your stand on it is Anomaly but if you are against it as well then Aaryanna would make a good choice to represent us this round as I know my daughter is very much pro-choice and would argue it well. So what are your thoughts on this change and new challenge?

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Sandy][B]Announcement[/B]:
[B]Darren[/B] has moved to the LOLs, and [B]Kathy/Aaryanna_Mom[/B] is your new captain now. Cheers![/QUOTE]o_O Well looks like you were right Mom when you told your previous team that you suspected that Sandy would switch team members on us. Hehe, I love how you spanked him. I didn't expect the Captain bit though and I really don't mind. :catgirl: Seeing that you are my boss in real life anyway. :p

But all things aside, I say that in spite of the changes we kick butt just the same. It will feel weird since Darren was our team member though.

Anyway I am definitely pro-choice so if you agree with my mom Alexa then I'm all for arguing my point in regards to abortion. ^_^

Oh and here's our new banner reflecting the changes. I used your regular name Mom since I figured having two Aaryanna's on the banner would look a bit weird.

[IMG]http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/330/themercenaries05iq4.png[/IMG]

I did the same for your avatar too, though since we share the same computer I didn't bother to host it.

Anyway, the new banner is for your benefit too Sandy so you can edit things. :p [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I'm very pro-choice, and so I'd debate this too if you wanted. But you're ready to go already so you can definitely have this round =3 We should probably PM some argument ideas back and forth - do you want to do that or do you need help?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Anomaly][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I'm very pro-choice, and so I'd debate this too if you wanted. But you're ready to go already so you can definitely have this round =3 We should probably PM some argument ideas back and forth - do you want to do that or do you need help?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Actually since Sandy has stated that the rules of the debate only allow one player to participate, unless I am mistaken, working together on it would not be allowed. So for this round I chose you Anomaly to represent the Mercenaries. ;) We'll be cheering for you from the sidelines.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Actually since Sandy has stated that the rules of the debate only allow one player to participate, unless I am mistaken, working together on it would not be allowed. [/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic]
Hmm, I don't mind the other team members helping, but the one the captains choose should do the most work for their round. Depending too heavily on others could cause the player to lose the round, I'd say. But I don't mind if you, Kathy, and Aaryanna give some pointers to Alexa for the debate.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Ahaha. I don't know if picking me is such a good idea for this round - I won't be on much during the weekend. but if you'd like, I can try and pound out some sort of argument. Aaryanna, what do you think? If you have more time, I'll gladly give this round to you - I'd hate for us to lose a round because I of not knowing how much time I'll be online.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Anomaly][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Ahaha. I don't know if picking me is such a good idea for this round - I won't be on much during the weekend. but if you'd like, I can try and pound out some sort of argument. Aaryanna, what do you think? If you have more time, I'll gladly give this round to you - I'd hate for us to lose a round because I of not knowing how much time I'll be online.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]If time is going to be an issue for this round then if the two of you decide to switch who will take this debate I am fine with that decision. If time is an issue for both of you due to things like homework and such I'll take care of it even though its a side I don't agree with except in a few cases where abortion is a sad necessity.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]Unfortunately, yeah, I'll likely have homework, I have to go pick up my Mom from the airport on Sunday which is like a 3 hour ordeal, and I'll be out on Saturday, possibly with some job hunting going on somewhere in there. I'm sure I could find time to write up my argument but I don't want us to suffer in the first time because of time constraints D: Kathy, I don't want you to have to argue something that goes against what you believe in, so if it's not possible for Aaryanna, I'll find a way to do it, no worries ^^[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well I can't even drive and since I just know my Mom would point out that I can always find time to argue or rather debate something...I'm pretty sure I would have time this weekend.

It's late right now and I do have to do homework before I call it a night, so once I get home from school tomorrow I'll present my opening argument to the main thread. If either one of you have ideas or pointers, just post them here or send me a pm. ^_^[/COLOR]

I must say that I'm impressed with both debaters in how they have addressed the issue and have been very polite about it. Right now I'm not sure who Sandy will choose since both of them have been convincing with their statements and arguments. I'm looking forward to the closing statement since I already know that Aaryanna's been working hard on it. :catgirl: She's even making me think twice about my own stance of being against abortion. Though I actually do not think it shouldn't be llegal. I just think that from a religious standpoint it's murder.

[COLOR=DarkRed]All right! I put up my closing statement. That took me close to three hours to do. It was fun, but it was more like doing homework! LOL! Now we just have to sit back and see how the competition does. I had thought about waiting to see what they were going to say but then I realized I already have a firm belief in supporting the right to have an abortion so I went ahead and posted. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]oh jeez, bahah. Sorry for saying this so late xD but great job, Aaryanna! Great closing, I was blown away. You have a knack for debates, I think =3

So I think we should keep our team thread alive! Because you know, it could be awhile till we're challenged again. So I'll use the inspiration I got in another team thread to ask you..

What's your favourite type of music? Band? Song of the moment?

For me, I love so many types of music! I love alternative, acoustic, some pop, some jrock and jpop, and rap. I also listen to alot of instrumentals/orchestrals.

My favourite band of the moment would probably be Abandoned Pools.. My favourite solo artist would be Lily Allen.

My favourite song would be Soon Come - Asheru and Blue Black. Catchy old style rap is pertty neat =3[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Anomaly][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]What's your favourite type of music? Band? Song of the moment?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Well my favorite music is classical piano and organ.

As far as bands go I've always loved Huey Lewis, Chicago (when Peter Cetera was part of the group) and even some of Van Halen's music. I was always partial to the song Jump by them. And I love the song Power of Love by Huey Lewis. And the You're the inspiration by Chicago was always one of my favorites as well.

I couldn't say about more current stuff since I don't listen to the radio very often. But I do like pulling out the stuff I have on DVD's to listen to on occasion. :catgirl:

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Anomaly][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]oh jeez, bahah. Sorry for saying this so late xD but great job, Aaryanna! Great closing, I was blown away. You have a knack for debates, I think =3[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Thanks! I worked really hard on it. :catgirl: My only regret is that now I?m pretty much out of the game until this part is finished. [QUOTE=Anomaly][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]So I think we should keep our team thread alive! Because you know, it could be awhile till we're challenged again. So I'll use the inspiration I got in another team thread to ask you..

What's your favourite type of music? Band? Song of the moment?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I agree, since otherwise it?s going to feel like I?m not even a part of this with all the downtime between debates. It really is a shame that only one happens at a time since I think it would have been pretty easy to keep track of two different debates at the same time.

Anyway?As for the question, lately I?ve been into soundtracks to movies instead of bands. Anything by John Williams has been grabbing my attention. Especially the soundtracks he wrote for the Star Wars movies. Lately I just love listening to them, my favorite being the one for The Empire Strikes Back. I just adore Vader?s theme.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Sandy][font=Century Gothic][B]Question to all team members in all teams:[/B] What are [I]you[/I'] expecting from the future of OtakuBoards Survivor 4?[/font][/quote]You don't fool me Sandy! It's a trick question! I just know it! A [I]what are you expecting[/I] so he can go mwahahaha and yank the rug out from under your feet by doing something else! :shifty:

Anyway... other than to hope the next challenges aren't dragged out so much I don't know what to expect. It could even be a [spoiler]Haha! Made you look Sandy! =P There's no way I'm going to give you any evil ideas here. ^_~[/spoiler]

I guess in the end I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't lost interest, but at the moment it may as well not even exist as I have nothing to do for a while here. >_< So as you would say Sandy, lets do two debates at the same time so we can get things going and...GAME ON! [/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy][font=Century Gothic][B]Question to all team members in all teams:[/B] What are [I]you[/I'] expecting from the future of OtakuBoards Survivor 4?[/font][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]THIS QUESTION IS TOO AMBIGUOUS, I DON'T LIKE IT!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean xD In terms of challenges? I have no idea, because this is the first OB I've ever paid attention to, much less participated in. I've really enjoyed all of the things you've thrown at us thus far, so I just can't wait for the next round.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I've no idea what to expect either. I am glad things are going to be moving along soon and at the same time I wish I had gotten the chance to debate. But since things were cut abruptly and the losing teams won't be punished I suppose it's fair. Especially since they were being denied the next two chances to earn points that depending on how the others did could have put them in the lead.

In the end I hope it is something that's not only fun and requires more teamwork but has a good pace. Not too quick but yet not as long as the debates turned out to be.

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Sandy][FONT=Century Gothic']The people you choose can be any of the seven players that have left the game, from any of the four teams.[/FONT][/quote]Looks like it?s time for our reward. ^_^ Hehe! The question, since Sandy posted the result at 12:46am and the other team posted their response at 2:36am while the rest of us were asleep. >_< I really hate these time zone things. Anyway, the question is which of the remaining six do we want to invite to our team? We?ve got some good choices here:

[INDENT][B]Gavin[/B]
19 years old male from Ireland
Strengths: RPGs, Discussion/Debates
Weaknesses: Anime/Manga, Music

[B]indifference/Crystia[/B]
26 years old female from USA
Strengths: Discussion/Debates
Weaknesses: Computers, Art/Graphics

[b]kalon[/b]
16 years old female from USA
Strengths: Creative Writing, RPGs
Weaknesses: Social Interaction, Art/Graphics

[B]JJ[/B]
17 years old male from USA/Somewhere in Europe
Strengths: RPGs, Creative Writing
Weaknesses: Art/Graphics, Discussion/Debates

[B]Peanut/Pumpkin[/B]
19 years old female from USA
Strengths: Videogames/Computers, RPGs
Weaknesses: Art/Graphics, Creative Writing

[B]Rachmaninoff/Darren[/B]
26 years old male from USA
Strengths: Discussion/Debates
Weaknesses: Everything Else[/INDENT]
We could always invite one of our former teammates back or someone from a different team. Personally I think either indifference or Rachmaninoff would do a good job. What do you think Alexa? And what do you think Mom? Either way having our team grow is a good thing. Having now won two challenges in a row I think we?ve definitely shown we?re a team to be reckoned with. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Actually Aaryanna, I'm with you 100% on your choices. Those two were the ones that stood out for me on the list as well. I know they'd both contribute alot to our team, and Crystia already demonstrated to us that she's a great teammate. THIS IS SO DIFFICULT! I guess We'll wait for your Mom's input then, and see where that leaves us.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Both indifference or Rachmaninoff sound like a good choice to add to our team, so with that in mind I will use a not so secret method of deciding who to ask...several minutes later...My choice will be to ask Rachmaninoff to join the Mercenaries. And I shall go and post to that effect in the main thread. ;)

[COLOR=DarkRed]*pokes Sandy* Of course we'll be nice to Rachmaninoff. ^_~ And welcome aboard to the Mercenaries as well Rachmaninoff! Having our team grow just makes us even stronger.

I've sent you your avatar, but for the new flag I had to shorten your name. Even though your name is Darren, I thought putting the shortened version Rach would be more unique. Especially since using your whole name makes the print really small and look funny compared to the rest.

Anyway here it is:

[IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4419/themercenaries06fr1.png[/IMG]

Also just to let everyone know, should I end up off the team, I'll make a special flag with code names and matching avatars to make things easier. In fact if I had thought of it at the beginning I would have suggested it. Since code names aren't affected by the team switching around.

But I didn't so I'm sticking with what we have been doing. ^_^ As for the next challenge, I'm very, very curious as to what Sandy has in mind. What about the rest of you?[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]Welcome to the crew, Rachmaninoff! Nice to become a more 'normal' sized team *laughs* If we were strong with three, we'll do even better with four!

I have NO idea what to expect but I'm really anticipating it - Sandy said lyrical, so it implies writing and/or music, and writing the Mercenaries have already proved to be adept at 8D. I can only hope that I interpreted right xD[/COLOR][/FONT]