OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Mercenaries [E]

Sandy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now I'm depressed... we lost. :( Sandy did have a good point though. We didnt' even think about what we'd do if a new person came along. I assume that since Aaryanna has it saved and it's editable... All she has to do is go and rehost the new flag with the changed name. But then, we still won't be able to change the flag we have at the top of our thread. I thought the names was an excellent idea because everyone from just about every season of survivor put their names on their flag once they merged. I guess the only difference is that they were actually on survivor and we're not... :( Once again I regret having to vote this early, (especially since I feel like the odd man out) but no hard feelings right?

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Darren']Well, now I'm depressed... we lost. :( Sandy did have a good point though. We didnt' even think about what we'd do if a new person came along. I assume that since Aaryanna has it saved and it's editable... All she has to do is go and rehost the new flag with the changed name. But then, we still won't be able to change the flag we have at the top of our thread. I thought the names was an excellent idea because everyone from just about every season of survivor put their names on their flag once they merged. I guess the only difference is that they were actually on survivor and we're not... :( Once again I regret having to vote this early, (especially since I feel like the odd man out) but no hard feelings right?[/quote]That's an assumption since I saved it in PSD format. I figured that for our banners I could strike out the name of the person who had been voted off or simply replace it with the one who took their place. >_< So I did think about that. I even kept the avatar in PSD so I could easily give a new person a matching avatar.

I thought I was clear with the fact that I was saving the flag so it was easy to edit.
:animesigh And now I have to vote someone out and I don't know who to pick. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I guess the part about the flag wasn't clear enough, unforchantely. And in the end I think our lack of getting to know eachother is what really hurt us in the end. More than the flag did. So though I hate to do so I have sent my vote and if I'm sitll around for the next challenge I intend to give my all so that it is the other teams who will face a vote the next time around. ;)[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I think the strike idea is probably the best one, it seems to fit our "mercenary" persona better that way.

I've already sent off my vote, so I guess all I can do is wish everyone luck. As Crystia said, if I'm still here for the next round, the gloves are so definitely off in regard to the other teams.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]I think the strike idea is probably the best one, it seems to fit our "mercenary" persona better that way.

I've already sent off my vote, so I guess all I can do is wish everyone luck. As Crystia said, if I'm still here for the next round, the gloves are so definitely off in regard to the other teams.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]qft, guys.
Too bad we didn't make the strike out or some idea around that clear enough, but all the same, our avatars and banner rock and I wouldn't change them for anything. Best of luck, team. Hope to see you next round.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Ah well, we?ll do better in the next round. I feel bad that we had to vote someone off so early when we didn't need to. I think our idea just wasn't clear enough... I also think that we have the most diverse team and we were hurt by how slow we bonded. So in an effort to improve this matter... MORE QUESTIONS!

[B]What?s your favorite memory ever? (Just a sweet moment in your life)[/B]
My dad gets free passes to an amusement park called Frontier City every summer. Since my uncle gets them as well, it?s always been a big family tradition to go and have a lot of fun. One year, we found out that my Uncle?s family couldn?t go and my mom didn?t want to go so we had four extra tickets. (Since my dad, brother, and I went) So my dad let me and my brother invite two friends each and we all carpooled down there. The amusement park itself wasn?t my favorite memory. Rather, it?s the trip there and back. There were lots of music, rough-housing, and of course food and farting jokes. After the trip, a lot of inside jokes carried over to school and people caught on to them. (even though they didn?t know what the jokes meant, haha) It was the one time in my life where I felt nothing but happiness! And even now, three years later, people are still doing our inside joke without knowing what it means. They don?t even know who started, but the six of us that went that weekend will always know.

[COLOR=DarkRed]It seems like the next challenge is up so like the other teams I?m going to assign people to check certain pages for the symbol.

Alexa pages 1-24
Darren pages 25-49
Aaryanna 50 ?74

I have already gone through pages 74 ?96. If for any reason one of you doesn?t have time tell me and later today when I get back from school and work I?ll pick up what you didn?t have time for. Or if someone else has time please lend a hand. ;)

Out of my pages these are what I found:

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=2781]yet another attempt for a digimon rpg...[/URL] I forgot to write the page down
[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=7713]The Fallen Angels [/URL] page 78
[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=9193]Final Fantasy X: Aftermath(play) [/URL] page 77

So lets get to work and show them what we?re made of! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I checked my pages and found two answers.

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=25671]Yu-gi-oh: Virtual Simulator [/URL]
[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=601]I'm startin a war! [/URL]

I hope I didin't miss anything since I have two tests tomorrow and I had planned on reviewing for them tonight. So I'll try to get back on and help some more once I'm done doing that later today. [/COLOR]

Dang! You guys checked these really early! I was in bed and at school! OMG, I'll get right on it! SORRY!

EDIT:
Okay I'm back. I only found two:

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38497]Numb, Thieves Trail [this may get a little bloddy ^^][/URL]

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=35742]Instraments of Car'e[/URL]

And I don't want last place... So I'm going to finish up Alexa's pages and hopefully solve the puzzle before the other team. Be right back again.

EDIT AGAIN:
Here's the last three...

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52750]Fighting with Shadows [/URL]

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46685]The Thousand Hells [M-SLV][/URL]

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=43058]Final Fantasy VIII: Seed I [M-VSL][/URL]

EDIT # 3:
I'm sorry guys, I tired my best to get all of them in time. It looks like the LOLs beat us by 24 minutes!!!

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Darren]Dang! You guys checked these really early! I was in bed and at school! OMG, I'll get right on it! SORRY!

I'm sorry guys, I tired my best to get all of them in time. It looks like the LOLs beat us by 24 minutes!!![/QUOTE]No need to apologize. >_< It's a good thing Sandy said that not all of the challenges would be time based, or I'd be really, really annoyed. Because what my mom said in the main thread is true. This challenge, though fun, totally sucked. :animesigh

I'm sorry that you're going to be evicted indifference, especially after you stayed up late to make sure you could do your part.

And excellent work on your part too Darren, you almost beat out the other team.

Anyway, I still have two tests to prepare for so I'm off. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Darren]EDIT # 3:
I'm sorry guys, I tired my best to get all of them in time. It looks like the LOLs beat us by 24 minutes!!![/QUOTE]No need to apologize, this round was anything but fair and since Aaryanna_Mom addressed that in the main thread I?ll leave it be. Great work you two on finishing it up. You did great. :) And unless by some miracle the LOL?s got it wrong it seems that my time here is up. So best of luck. ;)[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]-___- regardless of whether or not an apology is necessary, I'll give one. I'm so sorry I didn't check it earlier, I expected the challenge to be another week long thing (clearly already addressed the time issue) but I had an exam this morning and spent the entire day out of the house after.. Bah D: Good work everyone else, you rock my socks, and the best of luck to you.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well, it seems that we managed to boot the two oldest members from our team... What an odd predicament we've gotten ourselves into. It's a good thing that the other challenges won't be time based since we all have school. In any case, I guess it's time to get a new captain. And while it may seem a bit early to be diving back into the game, I nominate Aaryanna simply because you've put forth the most effort. (what with the banners and avatars as well as you part in the last round)

Goodbye Crystia, I feel it was far too early for you to have left the game, but since fairness has been addressed. :animestun

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]it sucks. I can't believe we are down to three o_o It really was too early to not only lose one teammate, but then our captain too, right out of the gate. I have faith though, you guys! I second the nomination of Aaryanna, because she has done nothing but impeccable work so far.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well even though being chosen to be captain has me feeling like this:

[IMG]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4977/tgsightrw0.png[/IMG]

I accept. And in honor of what indifference has in her sig I present this:

[IMG]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7189/sandytargetho9.png[/IMG]

So consider yourself warned Sandy! :p And I've made our new flag as you can see here:

[IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7505/themercenaries04hf1.png[/IMG]

Our last challenge handed us defeat due to each of us being in school while the others used that to their advantage. By no means does it mean we are out of the game. So I say we do our best to kick butt in the next challange. ^_^[/COLOR]

AWESOME!!!
I love this new challenge! I write screenplays all the time for my drama class, haha! And thrillers are my favorite kind of movies. I know I'm not the captain or anything but I definately think that we have a lot of ground to make up with this challenge. With Alexa being strong in music, Aaryanna being strong in graphics, an myself in writing, I think we're sure to take one of those first places!

In my opinion, we should come up with our plot here. (to show teamwork!) and then we can sort of just compile it together from there. Since Aaryanna's El Captain, I'll wait your input before I go rushing into this... But I await it eagerly!

~Darren

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Sandy][FONT=Century Gothic]
[COLOR=DarkRed]The Mercenaries[/COLOR]: Dark Thriller
For other roles, you can use other contestants from this game or other members of OtakuBoards ([B]myself included[/B]), if you want.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh my! Hehehe! All the lovely thoughts that come to mind. XD Good lord! I guess the question here is just what type of a dark thriller we wish to use. Psychological, horror, suspense or something else. Do we want our roles to be that of mercenaries or something else? What do you two think? We could all come up with a brief story idea and then work on merging them together based on what we like and didn?t like. ^_^

[B]EDIT:[/B] :animeblus I've already started working on an outline for a story. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, but mine...Oh dear! LOL! :animeblus [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkRed]Oh my! Hehehe! All the lovely thoughts that come to mind. XD Good lord! I guess the question here is just what type of a dark thriller we wish to use. Psychological, horror, suspense or something else. Do we want our roles to be that of mercenaries or something else? What do you two think? We could all come up with a brief story idea and then work on merging them together based on what we like and didn?t like. ^_^

[B]EDIT:[/B] :animeblus I've already started working on an outline for a story. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, but mine...Oh dear! LOL! :animeblus [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm excited as well, and I already had the idea to make a bit of each and combine them based on what we like and don't like. Personally, I think the thriller could go two ways. While the description Sandy gave us was "Dark" thriller, I don't think it's necessarily meaning dark aka, HORROR! So here's my two ideas.

1) to represent our name better, we could do something that involves spys or mercenaries; a [B]SPY THRILLER[/B]!
2) to represent our ages better, we could do something similar (but not so similar to make it seem unoriginal) to movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre; [B]HORROR THRILLER[/B]. I also feel that horror addresses the "Darkness" better.

I vote for Horror. This is simply because Horror gives us so much more to wright.
Example: In a horror movie, it would be perfectly acceptable to end with a cliffhanger (like the Saw movies) whereas, in an action thriller, it would not. Also, I'm not completely familiar with fighting or weapons (which could not be avoided if we were to choose a spy thriller) And while a spy thriller better suits our name, it wasn't part of the objective to fit our team name. Plus, if we did a horror thriller, we'd be able to put more of our personality into it. (Since none of us are actually mercenaries but all of us are in school) So that's my opinion, but someone give me feedback so I can get to writing.

Also here's a link that should help with everything: [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_%28genre%29#Film]Thrillers[/URL]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I like Horror as well and with that in mind?

The basic premise of my idea is that all of us are high school students with [B]Gavin[/B] being a student assistant from a nearby college and [B]Crystia[/B] being one of the teachers.

The basic plot is that there is a psychotic killer preying on the school, with the first murder being [B]Gavin[/B]. We could have a horrible scene where his body is found in bloody pieces in the gym and when we run to get help from the teacher [B]Crystia[/B] it is only to find her dead as well.

Then part of the descriptions would be of a High School in a troubled neighborhood so the windows would have bars and we would find that we had been locked in with the killer. Only the three of us remain since it would be after hours, we could be there for lots of different reasons, from being members of the school play and that we were suppose to meet[B] Gavin[/B] to work on it.

That would be the beginning, the climax would could be all sorts of different things but we could have one along the lines of after being hunted we find and put an end to the killer. Who by the way would be none other than[B] Sandy![/B] A bright cheerful teacher by day, but driven by an insane desire to kill! XD

Naturally the conclusion would be that the few remaining students who survived finally escape. All of this would occur on a dark and stormy night of course. ^_~

[runs and hides before Sandy and her teammates clobber her.][/COLOR] :animeblus

Well, I like it except maybe we could make it a class trip or something. Naturally, there would be a teacher to sponsor the trip (thus, taking care of Crystia's role) and then, the student assistant to Crystia would be Gavin. I propose the class trip simply because most horror thrillers take place in a foreign environment. This adds to the suspense and horror of a movie because the characters are unfamiliar with their environment. Maybe it could be at a neighboring school, and we could add a bit of mystery/sci-fi by the school being abandoned... Of course, mystery is never a large part of thrillers but they definately share some elements. Since this was supposed to be a school trip, our characters could be trying to unravel the mystery and discover something far more sinister...

As far as Sandy goes. We don't necessarily have to have him as a teacher at our own school so to speak. Maybe he could be a teacher from the abandoned school so we won't have to have rhyme or reason as to why he's killing the students. (that would be provided in the back story and such.)

I have a lot of ideas. I'm going to get started, and you can start yours. I guess we're just waiting on Alexa's opinion in everything... We can merge everything when it is all set in stone, but I'm going to use several students in the story (about 10 or 11) and they'll all be from OB. This is gonna rock!!!

[COLOR=DarkRed]That would work, a class trip would be more fun, we could have them doing like you suggested and visiting an old historic school before it is demolished, thus explaining why it is abandoned. The field trip would be about how important it is to preserve history and taking the students to see a place that will be torn down would fit. [I think]

But then the dark part is that the killer who is from another school has been using the abandoned one for when he kidnaps an unsuspecting victim and then slowly kills them. And having us there and finding one of the kills while he disables the bus trapping us there. The school would be in an older abandoned town and would have no services like a phone or other things.

I like using other students since that would give Sandy plenty of targets to kill. XD

Hehe, I?m glad we have more time on this so Alexa will have time to tell us what she thinks. ^_^ This is going to be so much fun!
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I love these ideas! I am totally loving this challenge, as I am secretly (not anymore xD) a giant writing geek. 8D Class trip is a go, but I think that maybe going on a school camping trip or something, and then having the bus break down might be more fun.. Crystia of course, will go for help, she won't come back.. So Gavin takes charge and we go to look for her -- only to find her body! Somehow we get separated, find Gavin's body.. then we're each slowly picked off. The three of us, are of course, the survival savvy ones, and perhaps we use our slighly 'mercenary' type skills to catch the killer![/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh my! Hehe! I love it! ^_^ Turning it into a school camping trip just opens it up for even more fun and it would make it easier for the students to have things to defend themselves since they would have stuff like flashlights and camping gear and such to work with to help us not only stay alive but to eventually catch the killer!

I guess the question now that I need to ask Sandy, is if we have to put all the dialogue out in the open or if a certain amount of that along with the graphics and such can be hidden or not. Because I have some ideas on presenting the story that I would rather be a surprise as it relates to the actual presentation.

Plus I think the story would have more of an impact if the specifics or actual complete story was not known until it was ready. [/COLOR]