OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Mercenaries [E]

Sandy

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and choosing me to be a member of your team. I'll certainly do my best to be part of what is obviously a very strong team. I've been watching things from the outside since my time was up with the previous team I was on so when the reward came up I have to admit it surprised me that I was chosen. And at the same time I'm excited to be back in the game again.

My real name is Darren, but since you had a Darren on your team at one point if you all wish to simply use the abbreviation Aaryanna put on the flag that works just fine for me. I don't mind being called Rach. ;)

Anyway, this ought to be fun, Sandy's tiny teaser as to what the next challenge will be has me excited to get started!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Anyway, this ought to be fun, Sandy's tiny teaser as to what the next challenge will be has me excited to get started![/quote]Well it's official, we are writing a team song to an already existing melody! ^_^ And though I'm not too worried about being able to come up with a song, I haven't a clue how to do the music part, though Sandy did say a link was acceptable so as long as we provided a link to the melody we finally choose, it should be okay. Do you Alexa or you Rachmaninoff know how to host music? Me and my mom do not. >_< But like I said since links are allowed if we find the song we choose on a place like YouTube I would image that would work just fine. I'd have to ask Sandy on that one though.

So any ideas? The first one that I thought of was the theme from Mission Impossible, you know the one where it says this tape will self destruct in ten seconds. It just makes me think of how we took such horrible losses at first and then turned around to win twice in a row, showing we could do what might have been considered, the impossible. ^_~

Any other ideas? I don't really listen to a lot of songs so I don't know how well lyrics would adapt to the movie soundtracks I've been listening too lately. Vader theme anyone? :p [/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]well I have a music hoster on my myO site, so it can be done.. I'll just see if I can figure out how to tweak it to get it onto here. I have a few places I can look to for help though if I need it =3

Lets get to brain storming! Should we move it to PMs, do you think?

I'll let you all know right now that I won't be on during this weekend coming up -- I have soccer provincials, and then I have tryouts for the outdoor season when I get back. But, assuming we have two weeks, that should be fine ^^ You guys can probably get a lot done without me.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well so long as Sandy doesn't mind a link like Aaryanna suggested we should be fine since I don't know how to host music either.

And I agree with keeping most of it in PMs, though we probably ought to put some of it here so Sandy can see that all of us are working on it. Once we decide on a melody it will be easier to work on the lyrics I'm thinking.

As for the weekend, yeah, since we have time I don't think it will be an issue. And since spring break is next week for me I'll have plenty of time to help. ;)

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Anybody had any ideas yet? I've been going through my itunes looking for really popular stuff and I don't have that much xD But I had a few thoughts. White already stole my idea about the fresh prince of belair theme D< but we could do like.. a backstreet boys song, or a spice girls song. You know, all that horrendously popular bubblegum pop from 90's and the early 2000's. I can still remember most of the words to alot of their songs haha.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I've only heard a few songs by the spice girls but Backstreet Boys? I think I even have one of their albums since I enjoy their music. What song did you have in mind? Because most of my music knowledge is classical and not rock. I've been pulling out what I do have and listening to it to see if there's a catchy one that would be fun to use for our theme song.

[COLOR=DarkRed]If we haven't decided on the song yet, we might also want to consider using some of the stuff by Huey Lewis and the News. They've got some really fun songs that would be easy to work with like 'Heart of Rock and Roll' or 'Couple Days off'

Any thoughts? I've been listening to them and I was thinking they might be fun to use. And the music would be easy so long as Sandy didn't mind a link to a YouTube clip of the music video. ^_~ [that's a hint Sandy please let us know if that's alright]

I think we need to decide pretty soon so we can start on the lyrics. Whether we go with the Back Street Boys, the Spice Girls, Huey Lewis or what ever we finally decide on.

I'm not too picky so I say we pick a song and we get cracking! ^_^[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]Now that I've been lurking around youtube, I think that maybe an N Sync song would be fun, and relatively easy because they have easy tempo/rhythm and patterns to follow. But it's totally a team decision. N Sync gets my vote, and I think that Bye Bye Bye is a viable option. What does everyone else think?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Anomaly][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]Now that I've been lurking around youtube, I think that maybe an N Sync song would be fun, and relatively easy because they have easy tempo/rhythm and patterns to follow. But it's totally a team decision. N Sync gets my vote, and I think that Bye Bye Bye is a viable option. What does everyone else think?[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]Oh my! Hehe! I love that song! ^_^ We could even have fun and make pokes at Sandy the puppet master of the Survivor deal! Like in the video I watched here with the song. [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNO6vp4V8L4]Song[/URL] He never said we couldn't do something like that for our song. ^_~

So unless anyone objects I'm all for that song. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

Works for me, it's even a rock song that I've actually heard! lol I found the lyrics for the song here: [URL=http://www.lyrics007.com/N%20Sync%20Lyrics/Bye%20Bye%20Bye%20Lyrics.html][B]Lyrics[/B][/URL] so that should help. And I like the idea Aaryanna had at poking fun at Sandy, especially after watching that video. lol

I've even gotten some ideas on how to convert the song to have a message along the lines of we are going to win so our song is telling everyone else in the competition bye bye. Like they are leaving or something. ;) Along with us adding our names in there though I was thinking it might be easier to use Alexa, Bethany (Aaryanna) Kathy and either my name Darren or Rach for short.

So now all we need is the vote of our Team Captain Aaryanna_Mom and we are set!

Oh and as for the graphics, I've been learning how to do stuff, it's simple, but I can help you if you want Aaryanna.

Well I certainly have no problem with the song and I like your suggestion Rachmaninoff to make a play on the words in regards to Sandy and our team winning. ;)

And since it seems we are all agreed on what song to use I think its time to start working on the lyrics and move that to pm's at this point. We could all work on ideas we have and then combine them together for a finished product.

Also if you are doing most of the graphics Aaryanna with Rachmanioff's help, any ideas on how to present it? We could have something rather nifty with the new lyrics on it though I'm not sure what we would use.

Anyway, it should be fun. :catgirl:

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well I don't know about the rest of you, but my graphics program froze and I lost everything I was working on. >_< I'll have to redo it tomorrow since I was too frustrated to work on it again. :animesigh

I'll also send all of you what I've done with the lyrics so far tomorrow as well. That was at least a little easier. Anyway. I'm off since I have to go to bed. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I just sent you guys the two different graphics. ^_~ I'm sure you will have no trouble telling which is mine and which is my mom's idea. LOL!

And the way the lyrics were done? Hehehe! Goodness I just died laughing! :catgirl: I love how you guys did it. Anyway, I hope you like the graphics, especially since my program is still corrupted so I'm having to use an older adobe program. >_< Even with installing the program again. :animesigh So I don't know when that will be fixed.

Anyway, once we decide I'll add the lyrics running down the middle. Also if there is something you don't like I still have them in PSD format so I can tweak them if needed.[/COLOR]

Looks like it's going to be the second graphics after all. And I agree, it does fit our team better than my idea. As for the music, I pestered my other daughter who has a copy of the instrumental Nsync bye bye bye. Which she brought over to me today. I've copied it onto the computer and I'm working on figuring out how to use Window's Movie Maker so I can upload the instrumental to a place like YouTube.

I've already figured out how to at least put the plain song into a movie video. Though I have not tried uploading it to YouTube as I want to play with it to see if I can add the lyrics as they are suppose to occur. Our lyrics of course. Though seeing that I've never done this before, it is turning out to be a very frustrating trial and error process.

However, if the upload to YouTube works, we at least will have the instrumental version like Sandy wanted even if I'm not able to add the lyrics to the video. There are a few spots of static since the CD is worn, but for the most part it plays beautifully. All in all, great work team! :catgirl:

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]That's excellent! I tried to find an instrumental version on limewire, but alas! No luck. Now I'm not worried at all. Good luck in figuring out the sort of subtitling thing you're doing to get it on youtube. Can't wait to see the finished project, team![/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well my Mom didn't get the lyrics put in like she wanted. It is possible, but it's just a matter of learning how to use the program. lol Still later tonight I'm going to finish adding the lyrics to the graphics and she will try to upload the basic video to YouTube. And at that point we will be finished!

I was thinking it would be a good idea to provide a link to the video so Sandy could listen to it if it's been a while since he's heard the song, and then also provide a link to the instrumental for when he sees how the lyrics go with it.

I'm off to do some homework and then once I've done that I'll be back to send everyone the finished graphic. :catgirl:

[B]EDIT:[/B] I just sent both of you the link to the YouTube video with the instrumental version of Bye Bye Bye. Hehe! I think you?ll like what my Mom did. Once you guys have had a chance to take a look my Mom will post everything in the main thread. [/COLOR]

Congratulations indeed! All of you did such a fantastic job! From the lyrics to the graphics and even our [I]disaster[/I] video! *pokes Sandy* :p

It will be nice to take a break while the other teams vote, but at the same time I know that I am looking forward to what the next challenge is. :catgirl:

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Great work guys! I was very confident in our entry, and rightly so =3 I was impressed with the other teams entries, but I wasn't surprised to see we had won, haha. We are definitely on a winning streak here, guys! I know we can keep it up.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yay! Yet another win for The Mercenaries! :catgirl: I know it's repetitive, but everyone did such a good job! And in my opinion that's what resulted in us winning. That just makes me even more determined to win the next one too! Especially since the other two entries were really good so it ought to be fun to see what they come up with next! [/COLOR]

I definitely think this challenge should be fun. And creating profiles seems like the way to go. On some level to make us seem more like a team, having information on the other characters would, at least for me, make it much easier for writing posts to fit the storyline.[QUOTE=Sandy][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DarkGreen][CENTER][size=3]Theme One: [B]High Fantasy[/B][/size]

The magnificent [B]Phoenix Heart[/B] had been the treasure of the [B]Aria Kingdom[/B] for centuries, but now the evil [B]Sorceress Morgwyn[/B] has stolen it to restore her youth. It is up to brave bands of heroes to start a quest to Morgwyn's castle and retrieve the royal jewel.[/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]And since the starting story is a quest to recover a royal jewel, I'm thinking we could be a band of mercenaries who have gone after it to get the reward for recovering it. One would think that a precious treasure such as that would have a reward offered for who ever recovered it. And thus keeping us with our team theme as well. At least until Sandy changes it on us. ;)

I do wonder about one thing though, if Sandy is going to change the themes on us I wonder if we are going to need to create new profiles or rather make alterations to the existing ones.

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]I definitely think this challenge should be fun. And creating profiles seems like the way to go. On some level to make us seem more like a team, having information on the other characters would, at least for me, make it much easier for writing posts to fit the storyline.And since the starting story is a quest to recover a royal jewel, I'm thinking we could be a band of mercenaries who have gone after it to get the reward for recovering it. One would think that a precious treasure such as that would have a reward offered for who ever recovered it. And thus keeping us with our team theme as well. At least until Sandy changes it on us. ;)

I do wonder about one thing though, if Sandy is going to change the themes on us I wonder if we are going to need to create new profiles or rather make alterations to the existing ones.[/QUOTE]

hmm.. I dunno. Something to pose in the main thread, I guess? And do you want to pick a sort of "theme" that our team will have? Serious/funny? Do you have a preference?