OtakuBoards

Dragging the OB logo??

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Okay, I find this strange. You see, recently my brother got a Mac (OSX Tiger I think) and I've been using it instead of my mom's XP-equipped system lately.

On said Mac, I find that if I click on the OB banner/logo thing (you know, with the volcano and the treebranch... just scroll up a little) It produces a little transparent image of it that I can drag around. If I drag it down, it moves the page down. If I drag it to my favorites bar, it asks if I want to add it to my favorites. If I move it to my dock, it becomes my new homepage.

It's really quite nifty, actually. My question is, did yall do this, or am I just dumb and I can do this anywhere?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, I tried it out elsewhere and it worked. Looks like I posted to soon, lol. Still cool, though.[/COLOR]

[color=blue]Not a feature of the browser but a feature of Mac OS in general. Dragging images from the browser lets you do some things with them. For instance, dragging that little transparent logo (or any other image for that matter) to your desktop will give you a local copy of it.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Under Windows 2000 I can drag images out of the browser to save local copies, or drag them to my Bookmarks to bookmark the image itself. I just don't get a little transparent version of it while dragging. It won't bookmark the page that the image is on, however -- but perhaps that isn't what he meant in the first place and I was misunderstanding.[/color]