OtakuBoards

Update E-mails

Lady Asphyxia

[font=Arial][size=2]I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I'm no longer getting update e-mails from OB. Now this is bad for two reasons: 1. I never know if there's a thread that I need to reply to, and 2. Otakuboards is often the only e-mails I get, and so without them I feel unloved. :p

At first I thought it was only the forum update e-mails, since I'm subscribed to those, but it's also PM e-mails and threads that I've posted in that have been updated.

Is there a reason for this that I've missed?
[/size][/font]

[COLOR=Navy]I know what you're saying. I've had this problem for about 2 weeks and counting. I have received email notifications for anything concerning OB; subscribed threads and PMs. It does bug me because it made it easier just to know if something has happened that I should note instead of searching through everything. Haha, and I only get emails from OB too, so I get what you're saying XD

I did ask Desbreko about this about a week ago asking him about it. At first I waited to see if it was just a temporary problem, but when it lasted about a week I thought to bring it up, and since no one else had brought this topic up I just PMed him instead of making a topic. Though now that there is one I thought I'd post, sharing the same problem.

Des' reply to my PM was that everything looks normal but he'd do some investigation and get back to me when/if he found something. Well he never did reply but I'm guessing because he couldn't find anything. It's weird though because in my time at OB I've never had a problem with getting email notifications.[/COLOR]

[font=arial]We are currently experiencing a problem whereby OtakuBoards won't send out any emails at all. I've discussed this with Desbreko and it seems to be a server-side issue rather than something specifically related to the vB software itself.

We are in contact with Adam to try to get the situation resolved. Hopefully it won't be much longer.[/font]

[quote name='James][font=arial']We are currently experiencing a problem whereby OtakuBoards won't send out any emails at all. I've discussed this with Desbreko and it seems to be a server-side issue rather than something specifically related to the vB software itself.[/font][/quote]

[SIZE=1]That explains why when I changed my email address a few days ago I didn't get the confirmation email. Thanks to Ozy and whoever helped her for sorting that out and getting me back on OB.[/SIZE]

I was about to ask the question as to why this place was on the quiet side, (since the past month has been very slow) even though I'm sure you all get asked that question every year, and I can imagine the response to be along the lines of different things or a lost of interest, etc.

But if the e-mails are still not working then I guess that means any new person signing up is stuck as well since they aren't getting their email with the activation link for their new account. Unless I'm mistaken. And if that's the case, it would certainly explain part of why things are so quiet around here. So I guess I don't need to ask after all. ;)

[font=arial]Yep, the email system is critical to the site's growth. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon, I think it will really require Adam's involvement. I will try to get in touch with him about it as well.[/font]

Just to make sure I'll light a fire under Adam as well. I know tonight he is working on network stuff so hopefully this is on the "to do" list. I haven't been getting any emails about PMs from the OB so it would be nice to have that back. :catgirl: