OtakuBoards

Favorite Time Of Year

Aaryanna_Mom

Just for fun, what is your favorite time of year or rather season and why? For myself it is definitely spring. I love it when winter ends and everything begins to turn green. I love it when the flowers start to come up and the trees bloom as well.

But most of all I love it when it finally warms up enough for me to head outside and start gardening. Even if I don?t do a lot, I still love it. I always have a bunch of new flowers that I plant along with different vegetables, as there?s nothing I love more than fresh veggies that I?ve grown myself.

Now on the other side, if I were to name the season I like the least, it would be winter. I grew up in East Texas and compared to Utah, the winters though cold were quite short. And I definitely miss some of the trees and flowers that just don?t do well in the harsher climate here in Utah. Still I do love the beautiful look of snow-covered mountains so I guess it?s not too bad. I still wish the winter was shorter though.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]it would be fruitless of me to say Winter. Why? Because in Virginia, winter doesn't exist anymore as of this past year.

My whole life it's been that it gets coldest in December, lasts through the end of February, and then it warms up in March.

NOT anymore! This year, it didn't even get really cold until late January and parts of February. Then what? All through march it was insane. It would go from 80 to 40 literally overnight and it was like that all march. Then April starts off and for a few days it was warm. Then, around saturday, it got all cold and.. what the hell? 3 days ago it SNOWED in April! The Imaginator is rolling over in it's grave!!! (5 points to whoever gets that reference)

Anywho, as for my favorite season, I don't have one. No matter the temperature, I can never stand it. I will tell you one thing though, it isn't summer, even with the break. I hate summer. It gets all humid, and I can't deal with it. When it gets humid I start to freak out. Worse, though, is that the bugs come out. I have the biggest phobia of roaches ever.

There were two events last summer where it was humid and I saw a roach and i went into a state of blind rage and paranoia from which I thought I would die. Not good.

Fall is kinda cool. I think I'll pick that. Spring is alright, but I'm not a fan of bright colors like I am of the colors of falling leaves. Fall is real pretty, has a good temperature, and the bugs start to leave town.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]My preference of seasons goes in reverse order.

Winter is my favorite: I love the cold (as much of that as we get in Florida, anyway) and it's generally a lot more pleasant. Sometimes it rains during the winter, and wet weather mixed with cold air is the most inspiring thing to me. I look forward to winter pretty much all year long, not only for the cooler temperatures but for the general traditions everyone seems to have. Christmas songs come on the radio, we get a few weeks off from school (although our break is being shortened to a couple of days this year), and then Christmas itself arrives.

Fall comes second to me, and that's only because it gets a little cooler outside. There's basically no such thing as autumn otherwise--our leaves don't change color or even fall off the trees. Of course, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so it makes up for the lack of natural attractiveness.

Summer is okay because of the long break off from school, my birthday, and the occasional hurricane. Otherwise I can't stand the heat. Spring pretty much just sucks.[/FONT]

I love summer. Just coz I like warm and even hot weather. Cold wind during winter makes me unhappy. The only nice thing in winter is snow ^^ -bright shiny and beautiful.
Anyway, spring is the second for me, it's at last getting sunny and warm :D
days becomes longer so I can do more instead of sleeping (I love sleeping though).
Fall is ok, but not special for me, wet and dark, unlike spring and summer :D

[size=1][b]Spring:[/b] This is probably the worst season of all. Sure, the weather starts to warm up, but it screws around too. In the morning it can be 40, and at 1 pm it'll be 75. And the next day, the high could be 50. Furthermore, everything becomes muddy and nasty outside.

[b]Summer:[/b] Quite obviously the best. You have a 3 month break and the weather is stellar. Let's be honest, folks -- nothing like walking out of 100 degrees into an AC'd house.

[b]Fall:[/b] It'd be a cool season if 1) I didn't have to rake ridiculous amounts of leaves biweekly and 2) it didn't denote the start of a new school year.

[b]Winter:[/b] Eh, it's alright I guess. Christmas and New Years are there, but on the other hand it's crazy cold and [i]I hate the cold[/i].

ERGO summer is the best season.[/size]

I'm starting to favour Spring, despite the winter-esque temperatures taking place. Fall through winter are nice changes, but lots of heartbreak and bad memories and just plain bad things happened then, and Spring was when things would always start to pull together. For a little more than just the weather reasons, I choose Spring.

[FONT=Century Gothic]For me, my favorite time of year is Autumn/Fall (depending on what you call it). The summer is just ended, so you've gotten a good dose of sun, heat and fun - hopefully - and the cooler weather comes in. It's still sunny for most of the day, and the rain doesn't really set in for another few months (at least, in California) so while it's a good idea to break out the long sleeves and hoodies, it's not COLD.[/FONT]

[font=Book Antiqua]My favorite season would have to be Fall because it's cooling down (Heat wave and all) and for a couple of days (weeks), the weather is perfect. I used to live in Seattle, WA and the fall season up there is great. I wish I could go back.[/font]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]My favorite time of year has always been fall. I just love the autumn colors and I usually spend as much time as possible going out and visiting the mountains to take pictures and do some hiking. I have always loved Halloween and the Thanksgiving holiday as well.

Perhaps it has something to do with my birthday being in the month of October as I grew up having fall and Halloween themed birthday parties. Even once all the leaves have fallen and the once green grasses turned brown up in the mountains, fall still seems to hold the charm of an enchanted place waiting for the right moment to come alive again.

I also love how the fallen leaves seem to dance across the land in the wind as if they are celebrating being free to roam the earth. Windy days in the fall are my favorite type of days. As well as misty rainy ones, I love curling up in a blanket with some hot chocolate to watch the rain coming down outside.

My least favorite season is winter. Primarily because I really hate snow, it?s pretty, but I find it highly annoying. First of all I have arthritis and when I get to cold it?s really quite painful. It?s not just a matter of dressing warmly either. I have a hard time keeping warm; even in the summer I use an electric blanket to get warm when I go to bed. The only difference between summer and winter is in the summer I don?t leave the blanket on all night.

My second favorite season is spring, I love watching everything become green again and I love seeing all the flowers start to bloom.

As for summer? Well I suppose I would enjoy it more if I didn't sunburn in less than three seconds. ^_~[/COLOR]

My favorite season is DEFINATELY winter. I love the cold and watching the little snowflakes fall to the ground. I live futher north of the US but we got a little snow... I think it's due to global warming. I was in fits when it didn't snow in January or February, but snowed in MARCH. I mean... it's supposed to be WARMER in March...

I hate summer... mostly because I hate warm temperature. I wish the temperature isn't that temerate...

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#663300]My choice would definately have to be Summer/Winter. Wierd combination, but I love it when its really cold, and love it when it's hot. When it's hot, there is nothing better then going to a neighbor or friend's house to go swimming or going out to the lake and diving off of a boat. I'm a cancer (water sign), so what do you expect?

Also, I love sipping hot chocolate and also can love the rain (when it's not TOO bad). The only bad part about winter, is when it does ran, your hair gets all dried out and frizzy. Same for summer is that, your hair seems to feel heavy if you have longer hair, and it looks a bit too shiny. Not pleasant. But oh well.

I'm not too fond of Spring or Autumn because my alergies seem to start acting up, and ironically in Spring I usually get sick unlike in winter when most people do. I also did like Easter, so that's the only part that I look forward too in Spring. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]My favorites actually go in the order they are. Spring, then summer, then fall(autumn), then winter. However, winter is [i]way[/i] down there on that list. I can't stand cold weather.

I love spring because the weather is perfect(or course where I live the weather sucks, so this doesn't necissarily apply), I love the when everything blooms, and the grass becomes green, I love all the smells, and the sounds. I love nature.

Summer is awesome too. You can go swimming, wear shorts and other apperal that you couldn't(shouldn't)wear in winter; here. Lol. The birds are always active and everything is so alive. The sun is always shinning.

I'm an Arizona girl, so sunshine and warm weather are my forte'. I will move back when I get the chance.

Fall/autumn, I lovet he colors of the trees and the smell of the leaves. Indian summers are the best.

Winter, er, its close to Christmas. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, so thats cool. I hate driving in snow, and I absolutely despise cold weather![/SIZE]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]When it gets to be late summer/early fall, I literally walk around every day thinking [b]God, I love this season.[/b] Some days cool, some days hot. Stormy. Windy. Colorful. Crisp. Leaves on the sidewalk. Cold in the air. Sunlight on your back. Blue skies that go on forever.

Yes, please.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]The only time of the year I dislike is Winter. Even though the snow is pretty and such I positively hate being cold. I'm always glad when spring comes and it warms up enough that I can wait for the tracks for school without freezing. I do dress warmly, but in the winter we get these cold morning breezes from the canyons and sometimes they just cut right through you. Brrr!

Now I do like spring since the cold is leaving but at the same time with everything turning green it means allergy season for me. As well as summer and the fall. Though it's usually the worst in the spring.

If I was to pick a favorite, it would be the end of fall. Not to cold yet, but every thing's dead enough that I have little to no allergy issues. That time of year always goes by far too quickly. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]When it gets to be late summer/early fall, I literally walk around every day thinking [b]God, I love this season.[/b] Some days cool, some days hot. Stormy. Windy. Colorful. Crisp. Leaves on the sidewalk. Cold in the air. Sunlight on your back. Blue skies that go on forever.

Yes, please.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
So very true! I love fall when all the leaves on the trees begin to change and the mornings are brisk. Afternoons are warm. Evening are cool. It's not too cold or too hot. When you step outside in the morning and take a deep breath in you feel completely alive and refreshed. I got married in the fall since I absolutely love that time of year so much. I love late summer/early fall.

[COLOR=DarkRed]My favorite has to be Winter. That is because I love to snowboard. I also love the snow and cold. Christmas is during that time and that has to be my most favorite holiday. It also gives me a chance to wear jeans and hoodies everyday, my ideal outfit. I also get to wear my leather jacket over my hoodie as well.

Fall has to be my second favorite. Things start to cool off. The leaves change colour and start to fall. There are a lot of thunderstorms and rainy weather. I sleep best when I hear thunder and rain.

When I used to live in Illinois, I also liked Spring and Summer a lot. Reason being is because there were several severe thunderstorms, flash floods, and tornado warnings. Yeah it is weird but I like to think of it in a way where I get to see God's glory.

Tornadoes make the sky turn sometimes purple. To see the funnel clouds in the sky and hear the hail stones thrash against the concrete and rooftops. Those two seasons also meant warm rain. I used to love to go out in the warm rain and let it soak me through to the bone. Sometimes with the warm rain, there were rainbows afterwards. It was also neat to see tree branches all over the ground. I just love mother nature. [/COLOR]