OtakuBoards

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Lady Asphyxia

[size=1][color=DarkGreen][b][size=2][color=Red]WARNING: This thread is a world Post-Half Blood Prince. If you haven't read the sixth book, and you don't want to know about it, don't read this thread! [/color][/size][/b]

So, the 7th Harry Potter book has been announced;

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Obviously we know nothing more about the book, not even release dates [although sometime 2007 is predicted].

I thought this thread could tide us over until it comes out.

So,

[b]What theories about Book 7 do you have? [/b][i][Obviously there's lots of things about the series that have unanswered questions. Feel free to post your pet theories on, well, anything!]

[/i]I have to say that I'm a huge fan of the redeemed!Draco and Snape theory. I still firmly believe that Snape is [i]not evil[/i] and that Draco will turn good [if still snarky!] because that's the way I like him most! [/fangirl]
[b]
Who would you be most upset about dying?
[/b]Ginny. She my favourite character [/color][/size][size=1][color=DarkGreen][i][b]evah [/b][/i]and if she died I don't think I could bear to pick up the HP books again. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=DarkGreen][b]
What's the big question you want answered? [/b]
I want to know the significance of Harry having Lily's eyes. JK has said that it is important and there is a reason for it that we'll find out in the 7th book. Some other forums I've read keep harping on the 'eyes are the windows to the soul and it's signifying that Harry does have some of Lily's personality traits like compassion and kindness' -- but I think it's a more literal thing than that.

And reading one of those theories brought me to another question: the reason Lily's sacrifice protected Harry was because, according to JK, she [i]chose[/i] to die when she didn't necessarily have to. Voldemort gave her the [i]choice[/i] to step aside. Which makes me wonder: Voldemort was used to killing, he certainly had no qualms about it -- [i]Why did he give her that choice? [/i]

I'd love to get some input and have some geeky brainstorming about predictions for Book 7. ^_^
[/color][/size]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Sweet. first post. =D[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]1) What theories about Book 7 do you have?[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]My theory about Book 7 is that Harry Potter will find and destroy the remaining 4 Horcruxes, together with [the mysterious] R.A.B., Hermione, Ron, The Order of the Phoenix, and the D.A. During the Horcrux search, people close to Harry will die, thus, testing Harry's resolve and love before he faces off against Voldemort, the seventh soul, himself.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080]I also believe that Harry will retrieve the [i]Advanced Potions Making[/i] book and destroy that transporting closet [from Knockturn to Hogwarts] from inside the 7th floor room (Can't remember the name of the room right off the top of my head.). Harry'll then study the book in-depth to use against He-who-must-not-be-named.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]2) Who would you be most upset about dying?[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Hermione Granger. I love that girl to death and if it wasn't for her, Harry and Ron would've flunked [u]long[/u] ago. She's been so much of a lifesaver and friend that if she were to die, I don't think Harry, Ron, or myself could go on.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]though I was close - very close - to crying when Dumbledore died from Snape's killing curse, I think i'll really cry if Hermione dies.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]3) What's the big question you want answered?[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]I have 3 big questions and I don't care which order the 7th book gives them to me:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b][i]- Is Snape on Dumbledore's side or Voldemort's?[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Just when you think he's helping Dumbledore, despite his evilness towards Harry, he goes and makes an Unbreakable Vow with Malfoy's mother. Ugh. I was even more shocked when Snape killed a wandless Dumbledore... wandless! All I want is that question answered and then Harry can have his revenge on the foul S.O.B., Snape, innocent or guilty, I don't care.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b][i]- Who, in God's name, is R.A.B.?[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]We know that he/she is a good guy and that the taking of the Horcrux was awesome stuff indeed, but who is this person? I know that Harry will most likely team up with R.A.B. to defeat Voldemort but... yeah, I repeat my previous question.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b][i]- Will Ron and Hermione... you know?[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]We'll say, to keep it PG-13 at least, 'get together'. But will Ron have the guts to sweep Hermione off her feet before (And I seriously pray against it) one or both of them die? Or will they both live alongside Harry and get married at the end?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]That's all from me for now.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Lady Asphyxia]
[size=1][color=DarkGreen][b]What theories about Book 7 do you have? [/b]

I have to say that I'm a huge fan of the redeemed!Draco and Snape theory. I still firmly believe that Snape is [i]not evil[/i] and that Draco will turn good [if still snarky!] because that's the way I like him most! [/fangirl] [/color][/size][/quote]
Word, word, word. Actually, canon Draco has basically turned out to be a completely wasted character, and JKR has so much to do in Book 7 that I can't really see her making him useful and/or interesting. Lots of love for fanon Draco, but I have trouble caring about what she does with him in the last book--since chances are strong that it won't be anything I'm inclined to like. At least Snape still seems salvageable...

[quote=Lady Asphyxia][size=1][color=DarkGreen][b]
Who would you be most upset about dying?
[/b][/color][/size][/quote]
Lupin, I guess. That would just be the death blow (har, har) for me after what happened in OOtP. On the other hand, my objection to his hypothetical death is more a matter of principle (keep one of the old-schoolers alive!) than anything else. I don't think I'd cry over any of the current characters unless the situation of their deaths was particularly moving or tragic.

I'm curious about how she'll approach the ending, because it seems that there's no way to work in a truly unexpected twist. It's predictable for Harry to defeat the big V and live, but it's just as predictable for him to defeat the big V and [i]die[/i]. The only ending that (for me) would be completely unpredictable is Harry getting rid of Voldemort, losing everyone he cares about and becoming old, bitter and miserable. JKR obviously can't do that, so the big twists are going to have to be on the road to the end.

(I am hoping for Harry to die, however. She could definitely kill him and still have a "good," if not joyous, ending. But in that case, Ron and Hermione would probably have to survive.)

~Dagger~

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]My pet theory is, and has been since reading [i]Half-Blood Prince,[/i] that "R.A.B." is Regulus Black. If I remember right, he's a member of Sirius' family - his brother, was it? I don't remember. (I haven't read the books in a while but I remember having evidence to back this up soon after finishing [i]HBP[/i]...) Anyway, I'm pretty sure that like all the Black family he was pretty cosy with Voldemort, but was eventually killed by the Dark Lord. The killing suggests a betrayal, and if I've remembered right he was in quite a convenient position to go around pinching Horcruxes. Not to mention his initials match... Can anyone straighten out my facts for me?

In every book since [i]Order of the Phoenix[/i] JKR's announced the death of a main character, and every time I've predicted that it'll be Hagrid, so I guess I'll predict that it's him again - the odds get shorter every time I'm wrong after all! Then again, I thought he might be the eponymous Half-Blood Prince as well, being half giant and all. So my track record isn't looking good for my being right this time.

I also predict that, unlike what a lot of Potter fans are theorising, Harry is [i]not[/i] a Horcrux himself.[/FONT]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Raiyuu, you know what? I think that you may be right about R.A.B. being Regulus Black. But, there's one problem with that theory (not that i'm saying that it's wrong): When Sirius left his will, entitling everything of his to Harry's, Dumbledore said that the blood-family tree and his will would cause conflict with who the owner of the home would be; Dumbledore wanted Harry to summon Kreacher and give him an order as a test of the will binding contract which Harry passed by telling Kreacher to shut up.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]On the contrary, If Regulus was still alive, he'd be the next owner of the Black home but Dumbledore said that Sirius had done 'something' with the will that made Harry the owner of everything instead of Bellatrix Lestrange, the next descendant of Black. *Shruggs* It's something that i'll definitely keep an eye out for. Thanks for the tip.[/color][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

While it makes me feel immensely immature, I have to admit I am looking forward to finally reaching the ending of the Harry Potter "Saga" for the lack of a better word. It's a wonder really given how many admitted HP fans we have on OtakuBoards that there was never a serious attempt at an RPG made. Anyway on to the questions.

[B]What theories about Book 7 do you have?[/B]
Like Dagger and Lady A, I definitely believe that Severus will eventually be revealed as an already redeemed characters. To clear that up a bit, what I mean by it is that [spoiler]when Snape killed Dumbledore it was under Dumbledore's own orders rather than Snape re-defecting back to the Voldemort's side.[/spoiler]

As for Draco, personally I don't care what happens to him, he's shown the potential to become less-evil, I won't say good as it's a bit of a stretch. However like Snape I believe he'll eventually be redeemed, though Dagger makes a good point when she says it may not happen due to lack of space.

R.A.B. is almost certainly Regulus Black, either that or it's going to be a character who's name we've never seen as it was given to them at birth. Though I'd say Regulus is probably the right answer.

[b]Who would you be most upset about dying?[/b]
Hmm, I don't think I'd use the word upset, but I'd be disappointed if Remus Lupin met his end. We've already seen Sirius killed off, I'd prefer it if the werewolf managed to stay alive and serve as some kind of conduit between mankind and the Lycan community. Chances are however that evil werewolf who's name I can't recall at the moment, will kill him.

[b]What's the big question you want answered?[/b]
Definitely the "eyes" question that everyone else is curious about.

Also however I wonder what will become of Harry after he's completed his quest and defeated Voldemort, I don't really see him settling down in a normal role. More likely he'll either become an Auror or become a staff member at Hogwarts, probably the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Tekkaman']If Regulus was still alive, he'd be the next owner of the Black home but Dumbledore said that Sirius had done 'something' with the will that made Harry the owner of everything instead of Bellatrix Lestrange, the next descendant of Black.[/quote][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Oh, I'm not suggesting Regulus is still alive. All evidence suggests Voldemort killed him stone dead. I'm suggesting that Horcrux in the zombie lake had been gone a fairly long time - that Regulus stole/hid/destroyed it, and possibly some of the others, and was killed for doing so. Obviously if I'm right then Regulus won't be giving Harry any help in person, but he might have left pointers as to the locations of the other Horcruxes.[/FONT]

[quote name='Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS']Oh, I'm not suggesting Regulus is still alive. All evidence suggests Voldemort killed him stone dead. I'm suggesting that Horcrux in the zombie lake had been gone a fairly long time - that Regulus stole/hid/destroyed it, and possibly some of the others, and was killed for doing so. Obviously if I'm right then Regulus won't be giving Harry any help in person, but he might have left pointers as to the locations of the other Horcruxes.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Good point, that's something I hadn't actually considered. Though it does raise that actual question as to what could have occurred to make an apparently loyal Death Eater [officially the worst villain group name ever] turn on his master and destroy the keys to his immortality.

Also, I wonder if we'll ever get to the point in HP where spells don't even need to be said, as opposed to firstly spoken aloud and then whispered/mouthed.[/SIZE]

[size=1][QUOTE=Gavin] [/size]
[size=1]Also, I wonder if we'll ever get to the point in HP where spells don't even need to be said, as opposed to firstly spoken aloud and then whispered/mouthed.[/QUOTE] [/size][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkorchid]Well Hermione has already mastered Non-verbal spells so it'll only be a matter of time (Depending on how long Hermione bores it into Ron) before Harry and Ron get it too. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][QUOTE=Raiyuu]
[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2]Oh, I'm not suggesting Regulus is still alive. All evidence suggests Voldemort killed him stone dead. I'm suggesting that Horcrux in the zombie lake had been gone a fairly long time - that Regulus stole/hid/destroyed it, and possibly some of the others, and was killed for doing so. Obviously if I'm right then Regulus won't be giving Harry any help in person, but he might have left pointers as to the locations of the other Horcruxes.[/size][/font][/QUOTE] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkorchid]Noted. I'll still check out that R.A.B. theory in the seventh book, though.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][QUOTE=Gavin]
[size=1]Also however I wonder what will become of Harry after he's completed his quest and defeated Voldemort, I don't really see him settling down in a normal role. More likely he'll either become an Auror or become a staff member at Hogwarts, probably the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. [/size][/QUOTE] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkorchid]I think that Harry and Ginny'll get back together, get married, and then Harry'll problably teach Defense Against the Dark Arts.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkorchid]On another note, does anyone think that maybe - just maybe - Dumbledore turned that [fake] locket that R.A.B. left for Voldemort into a Horcrux for himself? I've been thinking of this theory for a while and I don't want to believe that Dumbledore's dead, thus, thinking of my conclusion. But the more I think about the theory, the more it makes sense to me because Harry [u]did[/u] pull the locket from Dumbledore's pocket. Plus...[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][quote name='Gavin][size=1] [color=#000000]when Snape killed Dumbledore [color=red]it was under Dumbledore's own orders[/color] rather than Snape re-defecting back to the Voldemort's side.[/color'][/size][/quote] [/size][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkorchid]If this bit of information is true, then it only strengthens my resolve that R.A.B.'s locket is indeed Dumbledore's Horcrux.[/color][/size][/font]

[/size][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkorchid][strike]Thoughts?[/strike][/color][/size][/font]

[/size][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#9932cc][b]EDIT:[/b] Aw crap, that's right. Dumbledore [as with any wizard/witch] had to murder someone before he could create a Horcrux for himself and if you ask me, murder is beneath Dumbledore's standards. Though, I just can't believe that Dumbledore's really dead.[/color][/size][/font]

[/font][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#9932cc]I hope Snape gets what coming to him for that, guilty or not.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote][font=Trebuchet MS]My pet theory is, and has been since reading [i]Half-Blood Prince,[/i] that "R.A.B." is Regulus Black. If I remember right, he's a member of Sirius' family - his brother, was it? I don't remember. (I haven't read the books in a while but I remember having evidence to back this up soon after finishing [i]HBP[/i]...) Anyway, I'm pretty sure that like all the Black family he was pretty cosy with Voldemort, but was eventually killed by the Dark Lord. The killing suggests a betrayal, and if I've remembered right he was in quite a convenient position to go around pinching Horcruxes. Not to mention his initials match... Can anyone straighten out my facts for me?[/quote] [font=Verdana][size=1][color=DarkGreen]
I think this is pretty much the same conclusion a lot of the fandom has come to. I would agree with you.

R.A.B. being Regulus Black is for most people a 'fanon fact', I think. The thing is, Regulus was a Death Eater -- which we know from, OotP(?) I think.

[quote][i]Gavin[/i]
[/color][/size][/font][/font]
[size=1]Good point, that's something I hadn't actually considered. Though it does raise that actual question as to what could have occurred to make an apparently loyal Death Eater [officially the worst villain group name ever] turn on his master and destroy the keys to his immortality.
[/quote]
If you read closely, in OotP, Sirius says something along the lines of "Haven't you figured out what type of family mine was," ([i]So[/i] not exact quote)? And mentioned that Regulus was a Death Eater. Then he goes on to say that [b][i]Regulus got in too deep -- he didn't like what the Death Eaters were doing[/i][/b] [again, not exact quote]. I don't know the page number, but I'm rereading the books, so I'll edit it soon.

Then, also at some point in OotP, I believe, Harry [or one of the others] stumbled across a locket when they were all cleaning -- one they couldn't open.

Then in HBP, R.A.B comes to light, and then we have a missing Horcrux on our hands.

Coincidence? I think not. My pet theory [also my friend's, lol] is that R.A.B. was killed by Voldemort because he didn't agree with Voldie's plans and methods and was trying to get out. What Voldie didn't know was that he was betraying him by removing his Horcruxes to where voldemort couldn't get them. Then he hid it in his own house. Who would think to look there?

Poor Bellatrix will be so upset when she finds out. Voldemort's soul in her own family's house -- and she couldn't even get her hands on it. XD
[/size]

There's a lot of great theories in here. It makes me happy people enjoy discussing this as much as I do. ^_^

I definitely agree with the R. A. B. theory, as well as the "Snape is good guy (if not a good person entirely)" one. I don't think Draco is important enough to warrant that much of J. K. Rowling's attention and so I have to lean with Dagger on that one. At most he just seems a little too foolish to me to merit any kind of triumphant return to the light - he's more or less just a pawn. But hopefully he'll have been smacked around enough now to realize how bad Voldemort really is. Dumbledore's death should have something to do with if he does end up redeeming himself.

I don't remember enough about the Horcruxes to make any comments there, but if we're going to talk about who's going to die in the next book, I'm almost positive that a Weasley is going to bite the dust. Let's face it, the odds are just against them. And out of the Weasleys, I see Arthur as the one to go simply because he has proved himself to be such a good, dependable guy from book one to book six. He's also constantly butting heads with Lucius and if Lucius could take out anybody from the ministry, especially somebody whose death would heavily affect Harry, it would be Arthur. If it does come down to a battle between the two, though, and Arthur has to die, I'd like to see him take Lucius down with him.

Out of the other Weasleys, I feel like Percy would be next. He could either remain an idiot and total disgrace to the family and become a casualty, or he could redeem himself and align himself with the Order of the Pheonix and the rest of those loyal to Dumbledore and than die a reformed man. I would like to see him change but he may be too thick-headed to even be capable of that.

As far as Harry living or dying in book seven, I whole-heartedly agree with Dagger on this one. It's clear enough that one of them has to die. But the books have also shown how connected they are beyond the line in the prophesy and I wonder if the victor wouldn't be able to do the job without seriously hurting himself in the process. And as Ms. Asphy has mentioned, I think Harry's family is going to play a big part of this as well. I can't wait to find out why Lily and James were hiding from Voldemort in the first place - why were they so important, besides having a baby at a specific time?

Neville solidly remains one of my favorite characters, as well, and I can't wait to see what book seven holds in store for him. If he dies, I will be incredibly upset. I don't think he will though - I think he's going to finally prove himself his parent's son and totally kick ass. I don't think Lupin will die, although Tonks might, and I think that despite Sirius being 'past the point of no return' he's certainly not going to be completely absent from the play of things.

• 3 months later...
[color=dimgray] I'm a bit surprised that there wasn't already a thread for this. Because everyone knows it will the best book ever.

I'm so excited for the release, but at the same time sad that the series will be ending. Whenever I finish an epic series, be it movies or books or whatever, I get that nostalgic feeling that makes me want to cry. :/ But I have no plans on prolonging the reading, I expect to finish the book as quickly as I normally do.

I've never been into predicting what will happen, but the giant "will Harry die?" questions gets me thinking. A lot of people are so sure that he will, but I'm on the fence. The argument that JK Rowling has to do it so nobody will make sequels or continuations of the book are sort of moot. There are a bunch of play-offs of Pride and Prejudice, but it never tarnished the actual novel.

Any thoughts?[/color]

As the boyfriend of the webmaster of the biggest Harry Potter fansite in Finland, I've become quite well-informed in everything related to the series. Deathly Hallows will be a [I]huge[/I] issue, not just for dedicated fans but as a global phenomenon. I'm expecting to see children get trampled to death by each other at the day of the release!

...Ehm, anyway... I'm actually somewhat irritated about this "who's gonna die?" -issue, since it seems to be the only point of interest for many of those expecting the book. I think it was simply a commercial trick for Rowling to reveal that she's killing off three major characters and letting two characters that she was going to kill live instead. That'll surely peak the world's interest...

I'm more interested to see how Rowling is going to handle the end of the series she's been writing for decades. Is she going with the traditional "ten years later him and her are married with two children..." or is it just going to be a bittersweet goodbye after the final battle against the Dark Lord, with the future left to the imagination of the readers.

I have to say, for a "kids' story" Harry Potter is one helluva grand series of books. Even Lord of the Rings feels dusty and archaic compared to it.

[quote name='Sandy']Deathly Hallows will be a huge issue, not just for dedicated fans but as a global phenomenon. I'm expecting to see children get trampled to death by each other at the day of the release![/quote]

[color=dimgray]Yeah, I'm definitely going to my local B&N for the midnight release! (And for the movie, of course.) I'm probably going to pull an all-nighter to read the book, lol. I did that last time and rushed through Half-Blood Prince and I fully enjoyed it.

I'm really looking forward to more character development, especially with Ron and Remus, for some reason. The epilogue, from what I've heard, will just summarize where all the characters are after the end. I'm shooting for one that will cap things up but won't finalize everything, and bittersweet endings are always my favorite! :)

And with the whole "kid's story"... The Harry Potter series has surpassed any boundaries put on it. It's genuinely a great set of books that is actually inventive and original, and I'm sure it'll go down in history as the next Lord of the Rings. Just as Tolkien revolutionized the fantasy genre, JK Rowling has done the same. I'm just glad I was around for its arrival. [/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray]
And with the whole "kid's story"...[/color][/QUOTE]

Hence the quotation marks. ;D Despite what everybody who has actually read the books say, there are still people who brush the series off as children's literature.

And then some who think it's from Satan, but that's a whole different issue. XP

[QUOTE=Sandy]Hence the quotation marks. ;D Despite what everybody who has actually read the books say, there are still people who brush the series off as children's literature.

And then some who think it's from Satan, but that's a whole different issue. XP[/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] Sorry if I came off as misunderstanding your post, I just wanted elaborate. And as for people who refuse to read it just because they think it's a kids' series, it's their loss. :rolleyes:

Oh, Laura Mallory. She hasn't even [i]read the books[/i]. It's ridiculous.[/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray'] I'm a bit surprised that there wasn't already a thread for this. [/color][/quote]
*coughs* ;)

I'll probably pull another all-nighter reading DH. I'm a bit leery of going to the bookstore in person, after seeing all those videos of people in line being spoiled for HBP, but doubtless I shall find some minion to do it for me.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]I'll probably only read the book to find out what's happened and who does eventually bite it. Like Dagger I'm pretty sure it's going to be an all-nigher as I'm just that way with books and I'll have to either pull the "Gift for younger sibling" line or get a minion to purchase it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]So I was browsing about randomly today when I stumbled upon [I][URL=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070514/ap_en_ot/books_rowling]this[/URL] [/I] and found it kind of interesting.

[spoiler]It wasn't as much for her wanting people to avoid telling spoilers. But, more on the fact that in the next novel two major characters would die. Now I only wonder just who they could be -shock-[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE]

[size=1]Ah man, I'm so excited for this book I'm about to pee myself, haha. :P

Anyway. I was discussing this with one of my friends one day: I believe that Harry is one of Voldemort's Horcuxes. I know that that theory has been thrown around a lot among Potter fans, but really, it makes sense. Since Voldemort needs to put a part of himself into another object or being to make them a Horcrux, this part is already done, because of the scar and transferred powers. Therefore, this would result in Harry needing to die in order to destroy Voldemort.
Then again, this whole action would be very illogical on Voldemort's side of the playing field, because he WANTS Harry dead. And if he kills Harry, then Voldemort is only leading himself closer to his own demise.
You also have to take into consideration that Voldemort is somewhat cocky, and he might disregard the fact that Harry is his Horcrux and still kill him. Yet, I don't know. I think it would also have been very stupid of him to make Harry a Horcrux in the first place, if he just wanted to kill the kid later on.
So, this just leads us back to Harry living an accident on Voldemort's part, and Harry isn't a Horcrux after all. Haha!

I just said absolutely nothing at all. Ah well.

I think I would be most disappointed if either Draco or Ron died. They are two of my favorite characters. I do think, though, that either Ron or Hermione will die. It's just a feeling I have.
I really, really don't want to see Harry and Ginny together again. I hate them together, haha. Ginny is such a... she just annoys me.

As for my plans on getting this book... I'm not going to bother going to the midnight release. I'm just going to wake up nice and early on the morning of the release, and go to K-Mart as soon as they open, and grab one of the books from their freshly delivered pile. :)[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
Check out the deluxe cover art [url=http://www.scholastic.com/harrypotter/books/covers/art7deluxe.htm][u]here[/u][/url]. It's pretty great stuff. Almost makes me wish they would come out with collector's editions for Books 1 through 5.

~Dagger~

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Well everyone! It's that day~~~~~ Friday! I've only got another 2 hours until I can pick up my copy and I cannot sit still.

Is everyone hyped and ready and stuff?
[/FONT]

I probably won't get my copy until at least 1 am EST. *shakes fist*

I'm planning to hunker down on the couch with a couple of bottled Frappuccinos and assorted snack food. No Internet for me between when I get home from work and when I finish the book (although by then I'll be on an eight-hour trip to North Carolina, so it's kind of a moot point).

~Dagger~

[font="trebuchet ms"] How does everyone feel about the whole bittorrent issue?

I've already downloaded it, but I have no plans to spoil it. Considering I've only read about three pages, there's nothing I really could spoil, anyway.

I usually don't think about the illegality of it. Just because it's Harry Potter doesn't mean it's worse than downloading torrents of movies still in theatres or music, and my iTunes is pretty much 2/3 downloaded music. Of course I'm totally against spoiling, and I don't understand why people feel the need to do it.

But I plan on going to the midnight release, because nothing beats holding the book in your hands and curling up with it. :)[/font]