OtakuBoards

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Lady Asphyxia

I don't have much of an opinion, I guess. I didn't download it because I figured I wouldn't be able to resist reading it if I did. If anything, this is the most benign form of piracy possible--it's obviously not going to cut into sales, after all. I'm just annoyed that it gives people more opportunities to maliciously spread spoilers ahead of time.

~Dagger~

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Is it out already ? Weird, I'd have expected more advertising giving it's being almost heralded as the end of a literary era. I suppose I ought to reread the series again to get in the mood/remember what the hell was going on. Not going to bother downloading it either, BitTorrent was never really co-operative and I'd much rather have the physical book in my hands.

[[b]Edit[/b]] Ah so it's being released tomorrow, and I just happen to be going to a great book store to get a few Star Wars novels. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Weird, I'd have expected more advertising giving it's being almost heralded as the end of a literary era.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Dude, you think Harry Potter needs [i]advertising[/i]? :p (Or is that another joke? :animeswea I daresay our senses of humor are dangerously incompatible. I shall have to tread carefully.)

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']Dude, you think Harry Potter needs [i]advertising[/i]? :p (Or is that another joke? :animeswea I daresay our senses of humor are dangerously incompatible. I shall have to tread carefully.)

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]No joke this time Dagger :p, I genuinely did assume there'd be a lot of advertising over this. But maybe that's because I'm not the Potter addict I used to be, seeing as they killed off my favourite character in the last book.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]No joke this time Dagger :p, I genuinely did assume there'd be a lot of advertising over this. But maybe that's because I'm not the Potter addict I used to be, seeing as they killed off my favourite character in the last book.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] But wouldn't it be weird if [spoiler]Dumbledore hadn't died?[/spoiler][/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] But wouldn't it be weird if [spoiler]Dumbledore hadn't died?[/spoiler][/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]You don't know how much I hope that's true, [spoiler]but after the whole funeral thing, I can't imagine him making a resurrection, it'd be too Gandalf-ish.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]You don't know how much I hope that's true, [spoiler]but after the whole funeral thing, I can't imagine him making a resurrection, it'd be too Gandalf-ish.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"]Lol, I think you misunderstood me. I'm quite certain that [spoiler]Dumbledore really is dead. I was just commenting on how it would be odd if Dumbledore hadn't died and the HP series ends with Harry still taking advice from Dumbledore. All mentors die one way or the other, so it'd be off if Dumbledore hadn't.[/spoiler][/font]

[COLOR=#5d0b08][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Eh, maybe its just me but the spoilers in this one just aren't as epic as the one from Half-Blood prince was. [spoiler]{probably because you can't just jab it in a conversation quickly like a dagger (lol). Instead you have to probably say a couple of them.[/spoiler] At least I am proud enough to say that I'll be one of those odd people who will sit outside a bookstore stalking and waiting until !2:00 AM for this book. God I really need a life.

I though you guys knew though[spoiler], In Soviet Russia, Dumbledore kill Snape![/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

All done! Final time: 4 1/2 hours. Not too shabby.

[B][COLOR="Red"]MAJOR SPOILERS[/COLOR][/B], of course.

I absolutely loved every aspect of the book up until it became clear that [spoiler]Harry was not going to die.[/spoiler] After that it went a bit downhill for me. Nothing too disappointing, since it was right near the end anyway, but it's depressing to come away from a story I enjoyed so massively without totally digging the final act.

The best parts were [spoiler]Snape's past[/spoiler] and [spoiler]Dobby's death.[/spoiler]

I'd say more, but I'm a bit burned out at the moment. :animeswea

~Dagger~

...Wow, 4 1/2 hours and you're done? It's been... two hours since I got the book, and I haven't even started. Although the mignight event was long (We came to Barnes & Nobles around 6PM), my friends and I added a little Haruhiism into the event, and it turned out to be really fun.

[font="trebuchet ms"][size=4][COLOR=RED][b]SPOILER WARNING[/b][/COLOR][/size]

This post is going to be [i]huge[/i] and [i]rambling[/i] because I'm so incredibly emotional now that the series is over.[/font]
[quote name='Dagger']All done! Final time: 4 1/2 hours. Not too shabby.

[B][COLOR="Red"]MAJOR SPOILERS[/COLOR][/B], of course.

I absolutely loved every aspect of the book up until it became clear that [spoiler]Harry was not going to die.[/spoiler] After that it went a bit downhill for me. Nothing too disappointing, since it was right near the end anyway, but it's depressing to come away from a story I enjoyed so massively without totally digging the final act.

The best parts were [spoiler]Snape's past[/spoiler] and [spoiler]Dobby's death.[/spoiler]

I'd say more, but I'm a bit burned out at the moment. :animeswea

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"]

I'd have to disagree.

[spoiler]The entire series of Harry Potter revolves around the growth and maturity of the main character. It's rare that a modern epic goes on for this long- (7 full-length novels!), so wouldn't it be such a downer for him to die?

When I first picked up the HP series and had read up to Half-Blood Prince, I didn't like Harry much as a character and I expected him to die as well. For two years I didn't touch the books, but when DH was announced, I reread the series to get familiar. For some reason I had a change of heart and Harry become, hands down, my favorite character of the series. At this point I didn't understand why people desired for Harry to die. Maybe it was the sense of completion and the fact that the door would be shut and his future wouldn't ruin our image of him.

I wanted the exact opposite, because I loved him too much as a character and I wanted to see him haul through that last transformation and come back an amazing person that was still grounded in the world. I think JK Rowling performed it [i]beautifully[/i], and I've possibly become more fascinated by her writing than ever before. My sister said, before DH came out, that Rowling didn't have the balls to kill Harry. Contrary, I think Rowling had the balls to let Harry live.

When Harry was walking towards Voldemort to face his death, I didn't have the slightest inclination that I would cry- I was too focused on what would happen to actually let what was happening sink in. But when Harry was surrounded by his parents and Remus and Sirius and he started talking with them, everything just sort of hit me and I had to stop a while to silent sob it out. The entire front of my shirt is wet and snotty because I was wiping my eyes and nose while trying to read on.

But when Harry died I just immediately knew he was not really dead. I couldn't believe Rowling would take on a this huge journey, portray Dumbledore is such a cold manner, and then leave Harry to die. It would have to been pointless, because then death would still remain to everyone in the book the last journey, as something to be feared.

<3

And on all other notes, I loved this book. Clearly my favorite out of the entire series. JK Rowling, being the genius that she is, managed to finish the series (awesomely) and deliver everything in a believing manner.

I AM SO GLAD SIRIUS DIDN'T COME BACK. I think people just failed to understand that the death of Sirius and Dumbledore was completely necessary to Harry's character development. What would Sirius do if he did come back? Nothing really, except make Harry happier and dependent upon someone.

Snape's past was wonderful and everything I had ever hoped for. I [i]knew[/i] he was good, dammit! :D It would have completely driven Dumbledore's passing lesson to Harry to moot if Snape were evil. And his last words, [i]man[/i]. So fitting and emotional and heart-breaking. Snape is probably one of my favorite characters as well.

Things that were iffy, but I don't really care about because I love the book too much:

- The sudden introduction of the Deathly Hallows, and the Horcruxes as well. It just felt odd that this quest to destroy the Horcruxes was introduced so late in the books, but JK Rowling pulled it off so well I really shouldn't be complaining.

- The Malfoy family. I think it's awesome how they just wanted to be a family, but it was rather sudden. Still loved it, though. lol

- The fact that in the end/epilogue, there wasn't more information on the relationship between wizards and house elves/golbins/etc. Rowling always added in tidbits of how Wizard treatment of other creatures, and how it mirrored the treatment of Death Eaters to mudbloods, so I was curious as to why she didn't continue it.

- I really can think of nothing. Even Remus/Tonks was great to me. Rowling has seriously taken over my mind.

My mind is now sufficiently dead.[/spoiler][/font]

[B][COLOR=Red]SPOILERS, DUH!

[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black][spoiler]
[SIZE=1] I LOVED IT! I thought everything was put together so well. This is now one of my favourite books in the series and J.K. did an awesome job.

Most of it went off the way I wanted it to, which is awesome. There were only a few things that sort of stuck in a bad way for me; the death of Remus and Tonks cut bad...they had a little baby and I didn't like it. It felt almost like a senseless death -- why them? Why [I]both[/I] of them? I would have dearly loved for at least [I]one[/I] Marauder to survive, and that he didn't really upset me.

The other thing I didn't like was the end. I was completely with it up until the end of the second last chapter. I turned to the 19 years later chapter, read it, and went 'I feel short-changed!" There are things I wanted to know, things that [I]needed[/I] to be in that book, but they weren't there!

What happened to George? How did he survive, how did he cope with the loss of his [I]twin[/I], the boy he'd seen every day since he was born? And what about Luna? What happened to her? Did something happen with Dean and Luna? Did they get together? And who became the new Headmaster at Hogwarts? What about Lavender? Is she okay? Did she survive that fall and the war?

How did they rebuild the wizarding world after the factioning between muggleborns and wizards? Okay, we know Kingsley got acting Minister, but what about after that? What are the issues they faced?

What I needed as a reader was a close to the world that was in turmoil. While I appreciated the 19 years later, it wasn't what I needed. I wanted to know about people slowly moving on, not about 19 years later when everything was okay and we learnt nothing about who these people where now. I'm glad they had kids, but I mean; What did they [Harry, Hermione, Ginny and Ron] end up doing? Who was it that Draco married? What did George end up doing, did he continue the business without Fred? What about the dead? Was there a war memorial made in the Ministry of Magic? Who survived? What did they do?

It just made me really sad that this amazing story that's been with me for, what, 8 years, ended so spectatularly, but then these characters that I love where just abandoned and I never found out what happened to them.

It bummed me out, to put it simply.

But, on the other hand, I love the rest of the book. The cute little add-ons about Ron and Hermione, and everything else were great. I just wish there was an extra chapter in there...but there isn't and I guess I'll have to accept that, unless J.K. makes a statement about what happened to everyone afterwards [which would be AWESOME!].

So, yes, the conclusion was well worth it. [/SIZE] ^_^[/spoiler]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Just finished the book, total read time was somewhere in the region of five and a half hours including breaks. It wasn't my favourite book, and honestly I felt that it was at the start far too slow paced, almost trudging even and then about a hundred or so pages before the end really sped up to an almost uncomfortable pace. [spoiler]Maybe it's the fact that they weren't in school[/spoiler] and it couldn't really have a set pace because of that.

I really agree with most of the things Lady A disliked, [b][COLOR="Red"]MAJOR SPOILERS[/COLOR][/b] but I'm going to add [spoiler]Snape's death to it as well. Primarily because I liked him as a character and was happy that he at least got his redemption and a little more character development, though his death did suck majorly.[/spoiler] I was kind of hoping [spoiler]that he'd stay on as headmaster in a more favourable light.[/spoiler]

Also [spoiler]Percy's reintroduction was pointless. He returned too late in the book to do anything but cause me to wonder WTF ?[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]The fourth book is still my favorite. That aside...

[spoiler] It seemed to be a lot more interesting than the 6th book. It was an improvement, but not quite. I felt like I had to breathe deep and hold my breath the entire end of the book. There was not enough time to cope for the deaths like for Sirius or Dumbledore. I do put in account how Harry was on a time schedule. However, it sucked that Lupin, Tonks, and Fred died.

I did like the final stand off with Harry and Voldemort.

It sucked how she did not go into detail about the after. I want to know the after!

Ginny and Harry kissing was my other favorite part in the book.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

Yay, I can use the Internet again!

I liked it a lot - probably moreso because I went back and read [i]OotP[/i] and [i]HBP[/i] and found that I enjoyed those two much more than the first time I read them.

You know, I found [i]Deathly Hallows[/i] to have much more actiony than any other book in the series... I don't know whether that's because it actually [i]does[/i] have more action or [spoiler]because Harry, Ron and Hermione travel so much[/spoiler], but the book really started moving like crazy once [spoiler]the Death Eaters invaded Bill and Fleur's wedding.[/spoiler]

Anyway, some parts I really loved...

- NEVILLE NEVILLE NEVILLE [spoiler]Neville was [i]so[/i] awesome. SO freaking proud of my boy for taking charge at Hogwarts, smarting off to Carrow, standing up to Voldemort, and cutting off Nagini's head. Neville = total badass.[/spoiler]

- [spoiler]Snape's memories. There's really nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said elsewhere. Incredibly powerful and emotional send off for Snape.[/spoiler]

- [spoiler]Mrs. Weasley going utterly batshit on Bellatrix Lestrange. lol @ Bella. Kind of weird how many members of the Order of the Phoenix were using Unforgivable Curses, though, haha.[/spoiler]

- [spoiler]Harry morphing into Dumbledore during his fight with Voldemort and taunting ol' Voldy. So perfect for Harry to call him "Riddle."[/spoiler]

- [spoiler]Harry's death/resurrection and his talk with Dumbledore. Pretty shocking to learn all that terrible stuff about Dumbledore throughout the book, but I guess it shows even the greatest people have their flaws.[/spoiler]

- [spoiler]Kreacher leading the house elves during the final battle. Redemption everywhere, yay![/spoiler]

- [spoiler]Crabbe randomly becoming intelligent and usurping Malfoy, if only because I think it's funny to imagine that he's been waiting seven years to do that.[/spoiler]

That's enough good stuff for now; I'll let other people have their fanboy/fangirl moments. :p

Just a couple of things I was iffy on, though...

- [spoiler]Fred's death, if only because I love the Weasley twins so very much (I would say they're actually my favorite characters in the entire series), and getting hit by a blown-up wall is a lame way to go out. It seemed like he died just for the shock value of it, frankly, and it seemed a bit unnecessary to me.[/spoiler]

- [spoiler]The disappointing lack of redemption for Malfoy. Yeah, he was really disturbed by what Voldemort was doing, he tried to avoid IDing Harry and his friends, and he tried to keep Crabbe and Goyle from killing Harry (maybe using Voldemort's wishes to mask his own desire to keep Harry alive), but I don't think any one thing totally redeemed Draco. Oh well, at least everyone can imagine him with a receding hairline, haha.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru']Just a couple of things I was iffy on, though...

- [spoiler]Fred's death, if only because I love the Weasley twins so very much (I would say they're actually my favorite characters in the entire series), and getting hit by a blown-up wall is a lame way to go out. It seemed like he died just for the shock value of it, frankly, and it seemed a bit unnecessary to me.[/spoiler]

- [spoiler]The disappointing lack of redemption for Malfoy. Yeah, he was really disturbed by what Voldemort was doing, he tried to avoid IDing Harry and his friends, and he tried to keep Crabbe and Goyle from killing Harry (maybe using Voldemort's wishes to mask his own desire to keep Harry alive), but I don't think any one thing totally redeemed Draco. Oh well, at least everyone can imagine him with a receding hairline, haha.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Agreed and agreed. On the first point [spoiler]I thought I'd read it wrong the first time, I was like WTF ?! It seemed to have been done for shock value, like Tonks and Lupin dying and creating another poor orphan boy. Hell most of the damn Tonks family died in that book.[/spoiler]

On the second point [spoiler], I wasn't really expecting a big redemption from Malfoy, it just didn't seem his style after Half Blood, but that said, him fighting a few of his dad's old friends wouldn't have gone amiss. And what was with his son's name, Scorpius ? Come on, how lame is his family with names. I imagine it might have been Pansy Parkinson's idea.[/spoiler] [/SIZE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] My afterthoughts on Deathly Hallows, when the glow weared off.

[spoiler]Snape: I was giddy and stuff about him being 'good', but it's still debatable. I re-read the chapter of Snape's memories, and it's clear that if it weren't for Lily, he'd be another Death Eater. Even Rowling's writing makes him seem innocent but sinister at the same time, like how he watched Lily with an unmistakable greed. In the end, the only reason he works for Dumbledore is because he still loves Lily, and he cannot care for Harry because he's James's son. The question is whether or not that love allows him to be good, or if he acts only because of it. I suppose taking into consideration the theme of love conquering all, Rowling wanted to present Snape as a redeemed character because he loved, but it's nice that his character has depth.

I still love him, though. His last words are usually the first things I remember when I think about Deathly Hallows.

Fred dying is just heart-breaking. It means George will have to manage the shop alone, or perhaps with Lee Jordan, and that the brother he's lived by for all his life is gone. ;_; The description of George kneeling by Fred after he died and Mrs. Weasely across his chest is painful.

The epilogue is still good but sort of eh to me. I was expecting something different, for sure, like an explanation of what the Trio went on to do career-wise, and what happened to the MOM and all the other character, but what Rowling gave us also fits. It's nice that Harry finally gets what I always missed out on, a family, and that life continued after the war.

Stuff that Really Did Irritate Me:

1) Remus Lupin. Seriously, in the 3rd book he was amazing and my favorite character ever. But then he slowly becomes more and more off-putting with each book, and now I really just don't care that much for him. I still like him, sure, but the most we ever really got about him was "Lupin looked shabbier" or " '__________' said Lupin wearily".

2) Everyone in Slytherin is evil and there is no redemption, except for Slughorn (who is awesome lol). I just didn't get why everyone in Slytherin has to be a supporter of Voldemort. Ok, yes, it is Canon that everyone in Slytherin is pure-blood:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

For instance, Slytherin
Took only pure-blood wizards
Of great cunning, just like him...

But it was lame that ALL of them left for Voldemort during the battle. Seriously, what was all this stuff about the Houses coming together and defending Hogwarts, and then not a single Slythering defends Hogwarts? And I think CUNNING implies that at least some of them were INTELLIGENT, and if they were AMBITIOUS, they would be AMBITIOUS to SAVE THEIR LIVES and not want to end of in a spiky cage being interrogated by the MOM and then sent to Azkaban. It's weird that Rowling likes to give everyone dimension...except the Slytherins.[/spoiler][/font]

[quote name='Dagger']All done! Final time: 4 1/2 hours. Not too shabby. [/QUOTE]

That's insane. I just finished the book yesterday. It took me about 3 days (not total).

I loved this book the most because every chapter had some sort of action that was life-threatening to Harry, Ron, and Hermoine.

Let's see... the most disappointing point in the book for me was learning of [spoiler]Remus and Tonks' deaths. I had a feeling that JKR might kill off Remus. Then that idea started to vanish only because I didn't think he would die soon after Tonks had their baby.

Fred dying was just sad. And the way he died? Almost as pitiful as falling through a veil.

As for Snape's death, I seriously thought that he was going to throw himself into harm's way to save Harry. *shrugs* Oh well.

Mrs. Weasly going ballistic on Bellatrix is, hands-down, my favorite part of the book. That's one scene that I will be looking forward to in the movie. Next to that would be Neville's transformation into a complete badass. XD[/spoiler]

About [spoiler]Lupin and Tonks dying, I knew it was coming when Lupin made Harry the godfather of his child. The clear lesson here is you should never make anyone the godfather of your child(ren), nor should you ever become a godfather yourself. Harry only made it because he's The Boy Who Lived.[/spoiler]

So, now that a good amount of people are finished with the series, how do you rank the individual installments of the series? Here's my list:

1) [i]Deathly Hallows[/i]
2) [i]Prisoner of Azkaban[/i]
3) [i]Half-Blood Prince[/i]
4) [i]Order of the Phoenix[/i]
5) [i]Goblet of Fire[/i]
6) [i]Chamber of Secrets[/i]
7) [i]Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone[/i]

[i]Prisoner of Azkaban[/i] was my favorite for the longest time (it was the first book in the series I read, and the story as a whole connects wonderfully and ends on such an exciting note), but [i]Deathly Hallows[/i] is too good an ending for the series for me not to put it in first.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Well, at least I get some clarification. There's an article out [see it [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/"]here[/URL]], which tells us some of the things I, at least, wanted to know.

[spoiler]Harry and Ron end up working at the Auror Department at the Ministry of Magic, and after so many years, Harry is the head of department.

Meanwhile, Hermione is in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and is "pretty high up".

Luna is a "wizarding naturalist" who is discovering lots of things, and there may be some sort of "thing" between Neville and Luna.

Harry apparently "pops up" to Hogwarts every now and then to give a talk to the DADA classes. [/spoiler]

Also, she's planning on writing an Encyclopedia of the Harry Potter world, just for people like me![/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Lady Asphyxia'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Also, she's planning on writing an Encyclopedia of the Harry Potter world, just for people like me![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote=J.K. Rowling][I]?I?m dealing with a level of obsession in some of my fans that will not rest until they know the middle names of Harry?s great-great-grandparents,? she said. Not that she?s discouraging the Potter devotion!

?I love it,? she said. ?I?m all for that.? [/I][/quote]

[SIZE="1"]That is just a tad on the obsessive side isn't it ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Shinmaru']

So, now that a good amount of people are finished with the series, how do you rank the individual installments of the series? Here's my list:

1) [i]Deathly Hallows[/i]
2) [i]Prisoner of Azkaban[/i]
3) [i]Half-Blood Prince[/i]
4) [i]Order of the Phoenix[/i]
5) [i]Goblet of Fire[/i]
6) [i]Chamber of Secrets[/i]
7) [i]Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone[/i]

[i]Prisoner of Azkaban[/i] was my favorite for the longest time (it was the first book in the series I read, and the story as a whole connects wonderfully and ends on such an exciting note), but [i]Deathly Hallows[/i] is too good an ending for the series for me not to put it in first.[/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] PoA used to be my favorite as well, but after a year of not touching the Harry Potter fandom, I re-read the series and this was how I ranked it:

1) Deathly Hallows
2) Half-Blood Prince
3) Order of the Phoenix
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Prisoner of Azkaban
6) Sorcerer's Stone
7) Chamber of Secrets

That's not to say I dislike any of them! They're all great books.

And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the encyclopedia as well. It would be awesome to learn more about characters like Neville, Luna, etc. [/font]

[color=#606060]I just finished this book tonight.

Deathly Hallows is the first Potter book I've ever bought on launch day - probably purely for the fact that it's the last book in the overall series.

I remember that I began with this series as a way of reading to my younger siblings, actually. We read the first two novels together and then about half of the third. They stopped and I continued reading the series.

I was never a really hardcore Potter fan but I only recently read Half-Blood Prince and I quite enjoyed it, so I thought it'd be well worth finishing the series.

So much happened so it's hard to organise my thoughts into something more distinct, but a few things do come to mind:

[spoiler]I really liked the way Snape was handled. The fact that Snape killed Dumbledore was, in my view, one of the greater plot twists/shocks of the series. And to then have that very concept twisted [i]again[/i] with such emotion and beauty was quite remarkable - it definitely demonstrated that you can never be entirely sure of your Potter theories until you read the final product.

I wasn't sure if Harry was going to really die or not but I think I will always have that image of him walking through the forest with his parents in tow. When James told him that he was "almost there" and when his mother said that she was so proud of him...that was just so emotional. I can understand why J.K. Rowling cried after writing that; it was absolutely beautiful.

One thing that really interested me was what happened when Harry "died". There was this sense of an afterlife...that his parents were never [i]really[/i] gone. Something about his interaction with Dumbledore at the station was incredbly satisfying, both due to the way the afterlife was portrayed (the non-finality of death) as well as the fact that Dumbledore was finally revealed to be a less-than-flawless individual.

I liked - maybe most of all - that Dumbledore's honesty about his past caused Harry to love him even more. No, Dumbledore wasn't perfect. But he learned from his mistakes and he grew to become a great and wise man. I just thought that Harry's conversation with Dumbledore was wonderful.

And as Shin said...when Mrs. Weasley went nuts at Lestrange...that was incredibly cool, haha. She'd always been so calm and sweet during the entire series, it was so [i]satisfying[/i] to see her go crazy on Lestrange. Great stuff.[/spoiler]

All in all I'm happy with it. The final chapter probably did leave something to be desired (if only due to a lack of detail) but I understand J.K. Rowling's intentions there. And she's right.

Hopefully she will indeed produce an encyclopedia for Harry Potter. I think that would be a nice way to wrap everything up for the hardcore fans.

I hope she illustrates it, too. She is a wonderful artist.

Edit: I wonder if the ending of the Harry Potter series will inspire any RPGs...[/color]

[quote name='James'][color=#606060][spoiler]And as Shin said...when Mrs. Weasley went nuts at Lestrange...that was incredibly cool, haha. She'd always been so calm and sweet during the entire series, it was so [i]satisfying[/i] to see her go crazy on Lestrange. Great stuff.[/spoiler][/color][/QUOTE]

[spoiler][size=1]Calm and sweet ?! The Death Eaters were just lucky Mrs Weasley didn't lose her temper earlier in the series, just look at how often she went mental at Ron and the Twins.[/spoiler][/size]

[quote name='James'][color=#606060]Edit: I wonder if the ending of the Harry Potter series will inspire any RPGs...[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Shy/Josh reckons we're looking at a four day window since yesterday evening. My gut says maybe a week or two.

[[b]Edit[/b]] Well, seems it took only a week after the release for an RPG to appear, curiously the last few Hogwarts RPGs have all had the same title.[/SIZE]

In my opinion, [spoiler]the whole plot twist with Snape was genius, but I think I was expecting it; before the book came out there was posters around everywhere saying "Snape, friend or foe?" which would be stupid to ask if he killed Dumbledore, and makes you think that there would be an explanation.

The whole Mrs. Weasly/Lestrange was awesome and makes you think and find out that all of the characters in the book were very strong, especially since they all fought an army of literall Death Eaters.[/spoiler]

I really do hope she writes an encyclopedia explaining what happened to all the characters afterwards. (How did Harry, Ron, and Hermione finish school if they skipped a whole year?? What happened to [spoiler]Xenophilius Lovegood?? Did Kreacher end up in Hogwarts or with Harry??[/spoiler]) Besides, more money wouldn't hurt JKR.

[COLOR=Red][size=1]Please note that if you're writing about spoilers in your post, then you need to include a spoiler tag, in case someone who has not read the book stumbles across the thread. -- Lady Asphyxia[/size][/COLOR]