OtakuBoards

The Generator Game [Image Heavy]

Ezekiel

[SIZE=1]In the spirit of bringing the Art Studio back to life, I propose a new art game!

I'm sure many of you have heard of [URL=http://www.seventhsanctum.com]Seventh Sanctum[/URL], the site holding many and various wonderful generators for characters, plots, weapons etc.

I took part in a competition on deviantART, where participants used the Bishotron generator to come up with a description of a pretty boy, and then set to the task of drawing him.

I thought this was a neat idea, and given the huge amount of talent we have available I thought we could do the same thing.

[CENTER][B]RULES:[/B][/CENTER]

?Each week, I'll post with a new generator for everyone to use. There is no limit to people taking part, no winners or losers, just a chance to try and improve our art.

?There will be a week (or more, if anyone objects to this?) deadline, in which you can post the description you'll be using and edit in your character.

?At the end of the week, I'll compile a list of all characters illustrated by each participant, and have this starting post as an index.

To show what I mean, the description generated for the competition was this:
"This gentleman has round rose-red eyes. He has short, sand-colored hair with a ponytail. His physical form is noteably elegant. You find it all to easy to compare him to a sensitive artist. He has a pointed chin."

And my entry was this; [URL=http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/312/f/d/Isaac__Bishotron_by_Imi_Kagami.jpg][I]Isaac[/I][/URL].

If anyone has any questions, or would just like to indicate that they'll want to take part, post in this thread. After that I can post the first generator and we can hopefully get going.

[B]Viva la Studio~[/B][/SIZE]

HI THERE

it definitelly does sound interesting... I'm up for it.

I actually had a similar idea, but actually to do with with a real person description and then we would porst the persons actual photograph so see if we were any close.. I'm still discussing that with retribution though.

Once again, I would really love take part on your event.

[SIZE=1]Well, there doesn't seem to be any questions and I'm pleased with the response so far. I think that's enough to get this kicked off~

We'll start off easily, with the [URL=http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=generalperson][B]General Person Generator [link][/B][/URL].

Find a description you're comfortable with and have at it. The deadline for finishing characters will be next [B]Monday, the 4th of June[/B].

The description I'm choosing is;

[I]"This generous woman has droopy red eyes that are like two drops of wine. Her silky, wavy, yellow hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a lion's mane. She has an amazonian build. Her skin is white. She has a small nose. Her wardrobe is flattering."[/I]

Also, han ki-tae, your idea sounds really excellent. I'd love to see that started here and would certainly take part.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Very lovely and interesting idea, Jamie.

I remember that @ DevArt, and everyone's entries were amazing.

I'm in. I'd love to do this to kill the time.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Random Forum Intrusion!
[quote name='jigglyness']What exactly does it mean by "flattering"??[/quote]
Something along the lines of "goes well with her figure", though I usually take it as doing so in a somewhat modest sense.

...unless by "exactly" you meant "precisely; word for word", in which case I won't be any help at all.

[I]*exits hastily*[/I][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Allamorph is right about what it means in this context. But you shouldn't have to worry about that, as you find your [B]own[/B] description using the generator I provided a link to. That's just the description I'm going to use for myself when I draw a character.

I hope I made that clear enough. :animedepr [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Hmmm. Well I would love to join, but I'm not great at inking things on the computer via PS. I'll still try, but if it doesn't work, I'll have to resort to the old fashioned way. It will be good anyway since I just bought some inking pens and brushes that I've been wanting to use.

But the link you provided isn't working for me. I don't know if it's my computer, your link, or the site itself. It says it can't find the server so I'm assuming the site. I'll come back to it in the morning when I get the chance. I may even just hold out until the next generator comes up...

[B]Edit:[/B]Well, I still don't know how I found the site because I didn't use your link (because it couldn't find the server) and I've never been to that site before, but I just clicked around and I think I got to the right spot. Anyway, here's my description:

[B]"This confused girl has slitted gray eyes that are like two pools of mercury. Her silky, straight, sand-colored hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a pair of wings. She has a graceful build. Her skin is ruddy. She has a pointed chin. Her wardrobe is professional, with a lot of black."[/B]

Now all I have to do is figure out what ruddy skin looks like, haha...

[B]EDIT X 2:[/B] Well, I did it.... Eh, like I said, I'm new to coloring in Photoshop, so for me, I think it's pretty darn good for my first try... But compared to a bunch of other people I've seen, it sucks big time... *sigh* Anyway, the edges are rough, the shading is strange (first time) the hair doesn't look too great, the eyes were penciled in so much that when I colored it, it didn't show through the charcoal gray color, and yes, I realize that the light source looks like it's coming from a million different places. *sigh agian* Oh well, here it is:

[IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6784/sandyzr5.jpg[/IMG]

On a topic completely serperate, I found out that Ruddy means slighly red or pinkish... I always just thought it was british slang... Naturally when I looked it up, it had both definitions, haha![/SIZE]

I found the same problem with darren, with the link. I can start off by drawing the same as you are, but will check later to see if the problem with the link has been resolved.

And Thanks, Ezekiel, I'll give it some thought first as far as the rules go and post it up.

Be back later...

[B][I]This girl reminds you of a lost baby bird. She has large green eyes that are like two emeralds. Her silky, straight, rose-red hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a lion's mane. She is very short and has an angular build. Her skin is pale. She has an upturned nose and thin eyebrows. Her wardrobe is weird, with a lot of gray and purple. [/I] [/B]

Hi again, this will be my character.

be back in a bit.

[SIZE=1]For the generator to use, go to [url]www.seventhsanctum.com[/url] and click on [B]General Person Generator[/B], in the side bar. I don't know why the link won't work, sorry about that everyone.

Due to the slight amounts of confusion from my lack of information providing skillz, I'm bumping the deadline forward to Wednesday. That'll give everyone more time to get their bearings, and maybe have others join in too.

For now, here be mine:

[I]"This generous woman has droopy red eyes that are like two drops of wine. Her silky, wavy, yellow hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a lion's mane. She has an amazonian build. Her skin is white. She has a small nose. Her wardrobe is flattering."[/I]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/generator_1.jpg][[B]link[/B]][/URL]

Also, I encourage feedback between participants (and even others just looking in). Afterall, this thread is about improving our art, so tell people how they managed to work within the boundaries of their description etc.

Darren, I'm really impressed with your CG for a self-professed PS novice. There are many artists I've seen who are far worse when they've been using the program for a long time. (Myself, I could never figure out how to even work it so I gave up).

I absolutely adore her expression and the only thing I can honestly see 'wrong' (it's not really, maybe I'm just nit-picky) with your shading is that she doesn't have any highlights. Even then, the lack of highlight doesn't detract from the picture.[/SIZE]

Oh, dang, I knew highlights would kill me... I thought about that right after I finished the picture and flattened the image, and uploaded to the net and I was so tired at the time I just thought, "whatever." But I do know what you're talking about; It alwasy gives pictures more...

And I didn't mean to say that I was a PS novice... I just can't create crap without an tutorial... I had an entire semester class covering PS usage, but I had never actually drawn a picture and inked it on PS so it took me several hours just to find the right tutorial and since I had never tried inking before, it took several more hours just to finish that... :animesigh Next time, I may just color it by hand and upload it. It depends on how I'm feeling. Oh, I also noticed that I can't draw hands worth crap! I need to work on that one. :animeangr

Anyway, I love your character too! The hair is amazing and it really does remind me of a lion's mane, plus the way her arms are raised like that emphasises her hair and makes it looke even more poofy! :D The colors are great and go very well together, as well as the shading. (and highlights, haha) Excellent job!

BTW: what program do you use, Zeke?

[SIZE=1]Ah, I see. It's always frustrating when that happens and you just can't bear to look at a screen anymore, haha.

I use Corel Painter Essentials 2, which was a freebie I got with my Wacom Tablet. 'Tis an excellent program for CG but can't be used for anything else, sadly.[/SIZE]

I will be posting my character now just for the sake of keeping the deadline - it is not done though hehehe.

I love your character ezekiel, the inking and coloring on Corel really looks amazing... for someone who knows how to do it like you. I completelly suck at it. I have to try and do it by hand so it looks at least presentable...

I love how u and darren did match your characters perfectly to the description. I myself had a hard time... I cannot draw someone with a angular body... I'm not even sure how an angular body looks like hehhe... anyways. I'll be back later, probably tomorrow, with the update. I have to fix the lightning on the clothes.

Hm. well I guess mine could be considered late. I didn't have much time to finish it but I DID manage to at least finish the head of my character. Here's the description:

[b]This arrogant guy has deep-set gray eyes. His thick, straight, black hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a fluttering flag. He's got five o-clock shadow. He has a lean build. His skin is tanned. He has hollow cheeks. His wardrobe is revealing, and is mostly brown.[/b]

Like I said, I'm not finished with him. I only managed to finish his head....Kind of.