Raiyuu Posted August 26, 2007 Posted August 26, 2007 I'm curious how Trigun keeps coming up. That show definitely had supernatural abilities. 1. Cowboy Bebop 2. Samurai Champloo 3. Prince of Tennis 4. Eyeshield 21 5. Black Lagoon 6. Ouran High School Host Club This is hard. I don't tend to watch shows without some kind of superpower or other, so some of those choices are complete guesses.
Kasuke Posted August 26, 2007 Posted August 26, 2007 1. Samurai Champloo 2. Rurouni Kenshin 3. Fruits Basket 4. Pokemon 5. Case Closed 6. Kodocha 7. Cowboy Bebop
Tallgeese- Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 1. OHHC 2. Trigun 3. Gundam Wing 4. Prince of Tennis 5. Case Closed 6. Rurouni Kenshin 7. Lupin the 3rd How is Pokemon not superpowers? How often do you see yellow rats shooting electricity? Naruto no super powers...............HA!!!!!!!!!!!! If you consider controlling sand martial arts or a little chakra you haven't seen much Naruto. RASENGAN!!!
Konata Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 God this is hard. >_> It's so difficult to determine what popular series does have extraordinary super powers, and what doesn't. What makes it even more arduous is the fact that most shounen anime, the kind that I like, has that kind of stuff. 1. Azumanga Daioh 2. Cowboy Bebop 3. Black Lagoon 4. Genshiken 5. Ouran High School Host Club 6. Hana Yori Dango 7. Lucky Star, just for the heck of it.
Meggido Posted August 27, 2007 Posted August 27, 2007 [quote name='Tallgeese-'] How is Pokemon not superpowers? How often do you see yellow rats shooting electricity? [/QUOTE] Mainly super powers are associated with people rather than creatures. I'd say the main reason people (or at least myself) consider pokemon as not having super powers is that you don't see say Ash doing something impossible...i.e. flying without the aid of something.
Tallgeese- Posted August 29, 2007 Posted August 29, 2007 Point taken, very well said. But Naruto no powers? Come on.
P014K Posted August 29, 2007 Posted August 29, 2007 One of the animes that uses the most superpowers is Naruto IMO. Chakra and hand motions to active powers within. Definitely not part of the ninja arsenal.
Xerxes Posted August 30, 2007 Posted August 30, 2007 [COLOR="Purple"]Actually Naruto has no super powers. If you know well enough and seen enough then you'll know what I mean. Chakra and hand motions are all things incorrperated with a ninja's ablitity. It is not magical or supernatural. Just plan ninja skills using the physical and spiritual powers.[/COLOR]
2010DigitalBoy Posted August 30, 2007 Posted August 30, 2007 [quote name='XxXLolitaGothXxX'][COLOR="Purple"]Actually Naruto has no super powers. If you know well enough and seen enough then you'll know what I mean. Chakra and hand motions are all things incorrperated with a ninja's ablitity. It is not magical or supernatural. Just plan ninja skills using the physical and spiritual powers.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Hah. I'd like to see any human pull that crap off - I'm calling 'supernatural' on that crap. Any sort of power that cannot be used in the real world should be considered 'supernatural'[/COLOR]
The Mask Posted August 31, 2007 Author Posted August 31, 2007 Hmm... GAME # 14 seemed to have gotten pretty interesting. Not just on the answers, but also on the debate on whether Naruto has superpowers or not. Anyway, let's see who were victorious in this game. ---------- GAME # 14: I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: Name an anime series that doesn't involve any extraordinary super-powers. I am looking for the TOP SEVEN answers. RESULTS: [B][I]1) Azumanga Daioh - 13 (9.1%) 2) Prince of Tennis - 8 (5.6%) 3) Chobits - 7 (4.9%) 4 - 7) Case Closed/Detective Conan - 5 (3.5%) 4 - 7) Fruits Basket - 5 (3.5%) 4 - 7) Gravitation - 5 (3.5%) 4 - 7) Love Hina - 5 (3.5%)[/I][/B] Here's my observation: Nobody mentioned Chobits, Gravitation, and Love Hina. This really was a tough game for you guys, wasn't it? Guess I should have stuck with my original plan of letting you guess only the TOP THREE. I was thinking of giving you guys a chance for getting bigger points, but I guess I should have considered the difficulty of the game. In case you guys were wondering, here's how some of the popular answers fared in the survey: [B][I]8 - 9) Ouran High School Host Club - 4 (2.8%)[/I][/B] - Yup, it was so damn close! [B][I]10 - 12) Pokemon - 3 (2.1%)[/I][/B] - Yup, some did think it has no superpowers. [B][I]23 - 66) Naruto - 1 (0.7%)[/I][/B] - Well, I guess many did think Naruto had superpowers. This was based in a survey, after all. WINNERS: Only one survived this game. Congratulations Shinmaru! [B][I]Shinmaru - 26[/I][/B] Sazumechan - 13 Hitsuzen - 13 XxXLolitaGothXxX - 13 Tallgeese- - 13 Konata - 13 Kasuke - 10 Raiyuu - 8 strwpoptart - 5 xmystic_silverx - 5 desertphoenix - 5 Meggido - 0 2007DigitalBoy - 0 ChibiHorsewoman - 0 Dbzman26 - 0 ---------- [B]GAME # 15 (I hope this will be a bit easy for you guys.):[/B] [B]I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: Name something associated with "Fullmetal Alchemist".[/B] [I]I am looking for the TOP FIVE answers.[/I] DEADLINE: September 6, 2007 (Thursday)
Raiyuu Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 1. Automail 2. The Philosopher's Stone 3. Silver pocketwatch 4. Human transmutation 5. Alchemy Wasn't sure whether to interpret 'something' as meaning objects, or concepts, or what. Suppose it all depends how the survey participants interpreted it in the first place...
P014K Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 1. The Philosopher's Stone 2. Alchemy 3. Automail 4. Transmutation 5. Homunculi (pl. of Homunculus)
Meggido Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 lmao...from top score to 0. anyway: 1. The Philosopher's stone 2. Alchemy 3. Automail 4. Homunculus 5. transmutation circle
Kasuke Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 1. Alchemy 2. Homonculus 3. Philosopher's Stone 4. Automail 5. Transmutation
2010DigitalBoy Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [COLOR="DarkOrange"]won't be easy [B]1[/B]. Red Trenchcoats [B]2[/B]. Vic Magnogna [B]3.[/B] Long Ponytails [B]4[/B]. Shota Hentai (damn you all) [B]5[/B]. Screaming Fangirls[/COLOR]
P014K Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 For the record, FMA, best anime? I think so, anyone else agree?
2010DigitalBoy Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='P014K']For the record, FMA, best anime? I think so, anyone else agree?[/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]What's the total number of anime you've seen? Enough to compare it to to really decide it's your favorite? I like FMA, but it has it's up and downs. Probably the best dub ever though.[/COLOR]
Horendithas Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='P014K']For the record, FMA, best anime? I think so, anyone else agree?[/QUOTE]For the record, your comment is completely and totally off topic. If you want to discuss that, take it to the thread for that show here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=39111"][U]FMA[/U][/URL] Also, while you're at it, you need to do something about your post quality. Saying a show is the best and asking if others agree... without bothering to explain[I] why[/I] you think it's the best is spam. Just like your post here that had nothing to do with the topic is also spam. Further posts like that will simply be deleted.[/COLOR]
Persona Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1. Alchemy 2. The Philosopher's Stone 3. Equivalent Exchange 4. Homunculi 5. Automail There were so many to choose from.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Funny Girl Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [COLOR="Magenta"]1.Alchemy 2. Cow licks. (They are everywhere) 3. Equivilent Exchange 4. Philosopher's Stone 5.Transmutations[/COLOR]
Xerxes Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [COLOR="Purple"][B]1.[/B] Alchemy [B]2.[/B] Transmutations [B]3.[/B] Homonculi [B]4. [/B]Cow Licks (They're on almost every character! They're [U]EVERYWHERE[/U]!!!) [B]5.[/B]Equivalent Exchange [/COLOR]
Aberinkula Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]1. Alchemy 2. Philosopher's Stone 3. Equivilent Exchange 4.Transmutations 5. Female humunculi make great hentai[/COLOR]
Ikillion Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]1. Brother 2. Ed's short 3. Screw the rules, I have Alchemy 4. Epic Politics 5. Lust is hot.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Tallgeese- Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 1. The Philosopher's Stone 2. Alchemy 3. Automail 4. Transmutation 5. Homunculi Wouldn't say the best anime but very good.
xmystic_silverx Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 [quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] 3. Screw the rules, I have Alchemy [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [COLOR="Sienna"]Lmao! XD [b]1.[/b] Brothers [b]2.[/b] Equivalent Exchange [b]3.[/b] Homunculi [b]4.[/b] Alchemy [b]5.[/b] "Roy Mustang is dead sexy... [i]in a [b]mini-skirt"[/i][/b] I'm pretty sure the last one will cost me some points.... oh well XD[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now