OtakuBoards

The Anime Feud

The Mask

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the anime industry seems to be dominated by the male sex, it will be interesting to see who scored well on the previous game. So, let's see who did:
----------
GAME# 16
I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: Name an anime series whose main character is a female.
I am looking for the TOP FOUR answers.

RESULTS:
[B][I]1) Fruits Basket - 15 (10.5%)
2) Sailor Moon - 14 (9.8%)
3) Card Captor Sakura - 11 (7.7%)
4) Ghost in the Shell - 6 (4.2%)[/I][/B]

I noticed no one guessed GITS. I guess a lot of you only thought about the pretty, girly side of anime. Then again, I wouldn't have guessed it myself too, since I'm no GITS fan.

WINNERS:
We have 5 winners today. Congratulations!

[B][I]xmystic_silverx - 40
Kasuke - 40
Tallgeese- - 40
Hitsuzen - 40
Aaryanna - 40[/I][/B]
Konata - 29
Meggido - 29
Shinmaru - 29
joshdude89 - 29
Reminisce - 29
Sazumechan - 29
Momo - 29
XxXLolitaGothXxX - 26
Revolver - 25
miss april - 25
Raiyuu - 15
P014K - 14
ChibiHorsewoman - 14
2007DigitalBoy - 0
----------
GAME # 17 (Note: This will be the second-to-the-last game!):
[B]I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: Name an anime series that doesn't take place in Japan (The setting of the story is not in Japan.).[/B]
[I]I am looking for the TOP FIVE answers.[/I]

DEADLINE: September 20, 2007 (Thursday)

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Five anime that don't take place in Japan

1.) Kaleidostar- The first half takes place in California and the second half takes place in New York City

2.) Pokemon- Takes place in somewhere I have no idea where

3.) Naruto- Hidden Leaf village and various other places.

4.) Fushigi Yugi - Although Miaka and Yui are from Japan the setting of the story is in ancient China.

5.) Trigun- It almost looks like a post apocolyptic western setting rather than even earth.[/color][/font]

1. Cowboy Bebop. Set on Mars, the Moon, and various other places in space.
2. Fullmetal Alchemist. Set in Amestris.
3. Trigun. Set on the planet Gunsmoke.
4. Kino's Journey. Set in various small, fictional countries.
5. Hellsing. Set in England (woo patriotism).

I always figured Naruto to be set in some kind of parallel universe equivalent of feudal Japan, but I guess that still counts as 'not Japan'.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Raiyuu: Feudal Japan with refrigerators?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hey, even back then Japan's technological prowess was far beyond the rest of the world.

EDIT: Now to remain on topic. :P

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Trigun
3. Hellsing
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
5. .hack//Sign (maybe?)

I'll probably end up changing one or two of these multiple times before the deadline...

[quote name='Tallgeese-']How cute everyone basically has the same answer, haha. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]It's pissing me off, too, lol. I had just looked to my manga collection for ideas but I swear some people copied my ideas :o I'm chaniging mine up, my answers seem a little too normal.

REVISED

1. Zero no Tsukaima
2. Gankutsuou
3. Gunslinger Girl
4. Kino's Journey
5. Haibane Renmei

WAAAAY better. [/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] What about Magic Knight Rayearth? Yes, the storyline starts out in Tokyo Tower and off and on the girls are in Tokyo. But for most of the story everything is happening in Cephiro.

I could probably make a new list as well- or at least half a list

1.) Rayearth- For reasons already stated

2.) Mobile Suit Gundam Wing- Most of it was in space, or on colonies. Yeah so Hiiro was from 'Tokyo' the show sure didn't take place there.

3.) Clover- I don't know if it ended up as an anime or not... dang it!

I can't think of anymore by myself. Can we just combine these? [/color][/font]

First of all, would like to apologize for the very late update. I had some school stuff to do last Friday and Saturday, and so I didn't get the time to surf the Net. Anyway, let's see who did well in the previous game.
----------
GAME # 17:
I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: Name an anime series that doesn't take place in Japan (The setting of the story is not in Japan.).
I am looking for the TOP FIVE answers.

RESULTS:
[B][I]1) Fullmetal Alchemist - 21 (14.7%)
2 - 3) Hellsing - 8 (5.6%)
2 - 3) Naruto - 8 (5.6%)
4 - 5) Chrno Crusade - 5 (3.5%)
4 - 5) Pokemon - 5 (3.5%)[/I][/B]

WINNERS:
We have one winner today. Congratulations, Kasuke!

[B][I]Kasuke - 42[/I][/B]
XxXLolitaGothXxX - 39
Meggido - 39
miss april - 34
P014K - 34
Tallgeese- - 34
Hitsuzen - 31
Raiyuu - 29
Shinmaru - 29
Sazumechan - 29
ChibiHorsewoman - 13
2007DigitalBoy - 0

By the way, xmystic_silverx did submit an answer also, but since she submitted it on September 21 (Friday), I decided not to accept it. I did mention before that the deadline was on September 20 (Thursday). Even though I was a bit late in publishing the results, I don't think that was a good reason to submit an answer late as well. Also, if I did accept xmystic_silverx's answer, it might cause problems later.

So, I'm sorry xmystic_silverx. I hope you understand.

----------
Well, it's now time. The final game of THE ANIME FEUD. And not only will this be the last game, but it will also be the game that will show either your respect or your disgust for an anime character.

GAME # 18 (The Final Game):
[B]I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: QUESTION: Name an anime character that must never be/should have never been converted into a hentai character.[/B]
[I]I am looking for the TOP SEVEN answers.[/I]

DEADLINE: September 28, 2007 (Friday)

I never expected the turnout of this game to be quite low. In fact, I expected it to have a lot of answers because of the question. It must have probably been too hard for you guys. Anyway, here's the final episode of THE ANIME FEUD.
----------
GAME # 18:
I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: QUESTION: Name an anime character that must never be/should have never been converted into a hentai character.

I am looking for the TOP SEVEN answers.

RESULTS:
[B][I]1) Hinata (Naruto) - 5 (3.5%)
2 - 3) Chiyo (Azumanga Daioh) - 4 (2.8%)
2 - 3) Sakura (Naruto) - 4 (2.8%)
4 - 7) Sakura (Card Captor Sakura) - 3 (2.1%)
4 - 7) Gaara (Naruto) - 3 (2.1%)
4 - 7) Naruto (Naruto) - 3 (2.1%)
4 - 7) Shippo (Inuyasha) 3 (2.1%)[/I][/B]

WINNERS:
No one won this contest.

desertphoenix - 0
2007DigitalBoy - 0

----------
[B]AND NOW, THE OVER-ALL WINNERS![/B]
I've decided to have two categories for the over-all winners. One is for Top Pointer (for the contestant with the most number of points accumulated from Games 1-18) and Big Winner (for the contestant with the most number of wins from Games 1-18)

[B][U]TOP POINTER[/U][/B]
With only seven points ahead from her closest rival, Sazumechan is The Anime Feud's Top Pointer. Congratulations!
[B][I]1) Sazumechan - 728[/I][/B]
2) xmystic_silverx - 721
3) Kasuke - 717
4) Hitsuzen - 639
5) Meggido - 565
6) XxXLolitaGothXxX - 539
7) miss april - 522
8) Tallgeese- - 494
9) 2007DigitalBoy/Nonentity - 420
10) strwpoptart - 399

[B][U]BIG WINNER[/U][/B]
For winning 8 of the 18 games in The Anime Feud, Kasuke is our Big Winner! Congratulations!
[I][B]1) Kasuke - 8[/B][/I]
2) Sazumechan - 6
3 - 5) 2007DigitalBoy/Nonentity - 3
3 - 5) strwpoptart - 3
3 - 5) Dagger - 3
6 - 7) xmystic_silverx - 2
6 - 7)Tallgeese- - 2

And in case you're curious about how you scored, here's the full results:
[IMG]http://h1.ripway.com/The%20Mask/scoretally.gif[/IMG]

And that's it for THE ANIME FEUD. Thanks a lot for your support! I hope we can do this next time, probably even moving to a new home *looks at theOtaku.com*. But then again, I have another thing in mind. Just watch out what crazy idea I'll come up next time.