OtakuBoards

Best School Subject

Aberinkula

[font=Book Antiqua]1. One would think, that being in a German school, where English is a foreign language...that I would be best in English...but see, you have to translate from English to German....and yeah...needless to say, my German's noooot that perfect...so yeah, English is not my strongsuit.

I'm going to go out on a limb and be reeeal original here. My favorite/best subject is in fact....[b]Chemistry[/b]! Oh, hydrocloric acid, how I love thee~ And all those other acids we use in class, to which I know no English names.

Maths are fun too. Here, we get all maths thrown together, so they start Geometry in the 6th grade. ((Guess who didn't start getting Math until the 8th grade?)) So I'm behind in Geometry, but Algebra I can handle.

2. Worst class? Well...grade-wise...it'd be a tie between German, Art and PE...but see, I'll be brave and say PE and Art, because German, there's not a whole lot I can do for grade and I like the class so...

Art and PE. Two of the most pointless and useless classes that have ever existed EVAR. Both classes are either, A) You can do it or B) You can't and I seem to fall into the B catagory both times... I just can't seem to draw lines...that are straight...with a ruler.

Nor can I run a mile and a half in 12 minutes.

Or 100 m in 13.1 seconds...

Or throw the 200g ball 60 m...

And so on. I never learned, never trained...but hey, a D isn't bad, right? [/font]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1]Math was my favorite subject when we did algebra. I took calculus last year and it wasn't too bad but my favorite math is algebra. I like figuring things out. I despise geometry.

1. Uhhhhhh considering I got all A's on my report card >_> I don't really know what I'm the best at. I'm going to say English or History. But I did very well in calculus. I enjoyed English class because she's a great teacher and I had a lot of fun.

2. I HATED CHEMISTRY. I thought that we were going to be cool and have all these awesome labs and blow things up.
NOPE.
BORING. :|
The teacher was nice but the pace was slow. I work at fast pace so when I start getting bored with a given subject I start hating it. There were 2 idiots in the class that slowed it down. :([/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b']"Bonus points" are just as valid when they're acquired after class and don't interfere with other people's learning.[/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]>_< No one in my class was learning anything. And anyway, it wasn't about special points, it was about me being bored and trying to derail the class into meaningless conversation because I don't give a damn >_> ever (tis why I did nothing the 4th quarter lol)[/COLOR]

[B]1. what subject in school are you best at?[/B]
Music. Once I discovered Orchestra and playing an instrument I could have cared less about my other classes. The further I got into 'classical' music, though honestly there's far more than just the classical, though that seems to be the thing, lumping all that older stuff into the same category/title. Anyway, once I got into that, it was obvious to me what I wanted to do.

Though science was always fun as well as psychology. Though other than to take the basics I never went any further. It was at least interesting.

[B]2. What subject at school are you the least best at?[/B]
English, I wouldn't say that I'm the least best at it, but it does bore me. I enjoy reading and doing a tiny bit of writing, but for the most part it annoys me. I've never had an interest in spending a semester or two studying what would have influenced an author to write a book. In the end only the author knows what they were thinking after all. No matter how much my silly teacher tried to say otherwise.

I never cared for biology either. It was okay I guess, but for the most part it bored me.

[quote name='Darren']Why, yes. Yes I did. :cool:[/quote]

It?s sad. I?ve read my 1AC so much, I?ve memorized it. xD
What type of case did you run? I ran a Draft Aff. Basically, no post-high school schools ( college, universities, trade schools etc) could accept students unless they had a term or two served in the military. I?m pretty sure you ran across the card about PFC Steven Green and how he organized the rape and murder of a Iraqi girl and her family.

I seem to notice a lot of people don?t like math. I wonder why. Honestly, is it that bad or something? I?m just a words person.

[QUOTE=JJ][font=Book Antiqua] 2. Worst class? Well...grade-wise...it'd be a tie between German, Art and PE...but see, I'll be brave and say PE and Art, because German, there's not a whole lot I can do for grade and I like the class so...

Art and PE. Two of the most pointless and useless classes that have ever existed EVAR. Both classes are either, A) You can do it or B) You can't and I seem to fall into the B catagory both times... I just can't seem to draw lines...that are straight...with a ruler.

Nor can I run a mile and a half in 12 minutes. Or 100 m in 13.1 seconds...Or throw the 200g ball 60 m...And so on. I never learned, never trained...but hey, a D isn't bad, right? [/font][/QUOTE]

You?re just weird. How [i]can?t[/i] you like PE? I agree about the art thing, because I can?t draw. Worth crap. That?s why I took Photography.

just kidding.

Yay, a Debate nerd! I have found my soul mate. Nah, actually, I don't really like debate... It's boring and CX is just too strict with rules... In any case, we ran a Learn and Serve Aff. over service learing... It was pretty funny, because most didn't have any Neg. evidence over it and the one's that did really only hit topicality and then we just talked about T not being a voting issue... My partner's the big debate buff, however we work as a team. She knows all the technical stuff and knows which cases are good and how to attack them. I just have excellent speaking skills and I know how to improv and make it sound good. Plus, I'm much more organized than she is so I know what evidence is where when she asks for it... :p We ended up getting third at State. How we managed to do that, I'll never know.

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='Curse']I seem to notice a lot of people don?t like math. I wonder why. Honestly, is it that bad or something? I?m just a words person. [/quote]I have no idea. I love math!

Math is my best subject. ^_^ I love algebra. And I love getting good grades in it too. My next best subject is science. I adore learning about how things work. It's very fascinating to me and I've yet to get tired of it.

My worst is English. Oh I get good grades and all, that's not the problem...It's when we get into what I consider more old styled writing or poetry. That stuff bores me to tears. >_< I hate Tolkien and Shakespeare. That stuff just puts me to sleep! And grammar and spelling is tedious.

But on the other hand I love fantasy and science fiction novels. Lately I've totally been into the novels written for the older Star Trek universe with Captain Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Fun stuff! :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[quote name='Darren']Yay, a Debate nerd! I have found my soul mate. Nah, actually, I don't really like debate... It's boring and CX is just too strict with rules... In any case, we ran a Learn and Serve Aff. over service learing... It was pretty funny, because most didn't have any Neg. evidence over it and the one's that did really only hit topicality and then we just talked about T not being a voting issue... My partner's the big debate buff, however we work as a team. She knows all the technical stuff and knows which cases are good and how to attack them. I just have excellent speaking skills and I know how to improv and make it sound good. Plus, I'm much more organized than she is so I know what evidence is where when she asks for it... :p We ended up getting third at State. How we managed to do that, I'll never know.[/quote]

Zomfg. Marry me. Now. xD

My partner was a second year debater and this was my first. We were both military brats. He wasn?t a good speaker, so when we got partnered up he told me I was the 1AC. I didn?t know that until the next day that 1AC speaks first. I don?t like speaking in public. Period. I got alot of judges saying that they liked my eye contact during the 1AC. I loved CX because you could make people look like total fools. It was funny, we were neg one round and I just used my 1AC as evidence against a DADT case. I [i][b]hated[/b][/i] DADT Aff?s.

I am like you, I think of things on a spare of a dime. While noting during their 1NC (I can?t flow. It?s sad), I thought of something: The draft isn?t unconstitutional unless the Supreme Court rules that it is. I brought that up in the 1AR. We won that round. XD The team we were debating against mistook the judge for a timekeeper.

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=goldenrod]I have no idea. I love math!

Math is my best subject. ^_^ I love algebra. And I love getting good grades in it too. My next best subject is science. I adore learning about how things work. It's very fascinating to me and I've yet to get tired of it.

My worst is English. Oh I get good grades and all, that's not the problem...It's when we get into what I consider more old styled writing or poetry. That stuff bores me to tears. >_< I hate Tolkien and Shakespeare. That stuff just puts me to sleep! And grammar and spelling is tedious.

But on the other hand I love fantasy and science fiction novels. Lately I've totally been into the novels written for the older Star Trek universe with Captain Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Fun stuff! :catgirl: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I?m going to pretend not to know you. Srlsy. xD Just playing.

I can see why a lot of people don?t like English; but LOTR? How could you [b]not[/b] like LOTR? Or even Shakespeare?s Julius Caesar? I can answer that question my simply saying this: You just don?t know the classics. I understand though that people have different genres of books that they like.

Fantasy/Science Fiction is okay. My favorite book style depends on my mood. Honestly, I love [u]Memoirs of a Geisha[/u] and [u]Stray[/u] by Kathe Kujo. [u]War and Peace[/u] and [u]Anna Karenina[/u] are good reads. I?ve yet to read [u]Mein Kampf[/u]. I want to though.

[quote name='Curse]I [i][b]hated[/b][/i'] DADT Aff?s.[/quote]
AMEN!!! In our tournaments, we like to travel to as many other districts as possible to scope out competition and find out what we'll be going against at state. Basically, we knew everyone's cases before we even got to state, so even if they changed cases, we had the evidence. We had Three DADT cases, and each of them were slightly different than the last. One of them actually managed to beat us at a tournament, but we took 'em out early at state... Our biggest competition actually dropped out at state, so that's probably why we did so good. (They thought that they weren't ready for state. They placed 1st at regionals. We placed 4th. We were the only team from our region to place in the top 3 at state) I remember, there was this one team in Semi-finals who actually had evidence (in the form of a newspaper) from that morning! (Their Aff. was a draft case) And so, in my 1NR, I used her newspaper to completely dissect her arguments by pointing out that she ignored most of the fine print the article stated.
And actually, this was my first year as a debater as well. I had only done it once before (at only one tournament) and I made a fool out of myself so I stopped doing it... Then a couple years later, after I got over the public speaking fear, I gave it another shot. And it didn't hurt that my partner was in her 3rd year of debating...

[quote name='Curse] Honestly, I love [u]Memoirs of a Geisha[/u] and [u]Stray[/u'] by Kathe Kujo.[/quote]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Georgia]You should try out [u]Geisha, A Life[/u] by Mineko Iwasaki. That's who Arthur Golden leeched off of. She was a legendary geisha. That is a true memoir. I did love the movie but there were so many LIES about geisha's... that I read more into it. I tend to be a little biased about Arthur Golden now. Since he was suppose to keep her name confidential (since you aren't suppose to talk about this tradition amongst others) and he disobeyed that. And none the less ... geisha's aren't prostitutes.

Okay I'm done ranting. But really you should read about Mineko Iwasaki. :) Her story is beautiful.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Curse]I can see why a lot of people don?t like English; but LOTR? How could you [b]not[/b] like LOTR? Or even Shakespeare?s Julius Caesar? I can answer that question my simply saying this: You just don?t know the classics. I understand though that people have different genres of books that they like.

Fantasy/Science Fiction is okay. My favorite book style depends on my mood. Honestly, I love [u]Memoirs of a Geisha[/u] and [u]Stray[/u] by Kathe Kujo. [u]War and Peace[/u] and [u]Anna Karenina[/u] are good reads. I?ve yet to read [u]Mein Kampf[/u]. I want to though.[/QUOTE]Well this wasn't in response to my question but still, I have to say it... LOTR? How can you actually[B] like[/B] it? And better yet how can you think Fantasy/Science Fiction is only okay? ^_~ It's just too funny in my mind since the moment people find out that LOTR bores me to tears they just can't believe I don't like it. And the feeling is mutual. There are so many fantastic fantasy authors out there as well as science fiction ones. So it blows my mind that people don't like them.

In the end it doesn't matter how epic or how well written someone thinks a story is. Or even if it is. If it's not your thing, it's just not your thing. And yeah, Shakespeare bores me as well. So I completely understand why Aaryanna doesn't like them. I don't either. Heh, If it makes you feel any better I do like watching movies made from these books, just don't ever expect me to want to actually read them. I'll take Isaac Asimov, Timothy Zahn and a number of other authors over Tolkien or Shakespere any day. lol I'm not saying they're better, only that I[I] like [/I]them better. ^_~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]My favorite Subject is Math! I love Trigonometry, it's the best. This year my Average Math grade was a 95% :D My worst Subject is Chemistry :mad: can't stand that subject, it's too confusing and boring. My overall grade in that Subject is a 89% :animeangr :animecry: I wanted an A.[/COLOR]