OtakuBoards

Best School Subject

Aberinkula

[COLOR=Navy][b]Well what's your best subject in school? Pretty basic question.

1. what subject in school are you best at?
2. What subject at school are youthe least best at?

For me I'm best in scoial. Nothing like learning about your country. In sixth grade we acted like we lived in mid-evil times. It was a fun year. We had to act like Chinease studetns. When we answered or asked a question we had to stand up. Same with reading. i was really nervous. In seventh grade it was broing. Except when we played bingo for toosie rolls. I won like 7 that year.

My worst subject is enlgish. Something about boring books just got to me. But I di like Edgar Allen Poe's poem about that guy who murdered an old man, then hid him under the floor board. Really Creepy![/b][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Premonition][COLOR=Navy][b]Well what's your best subject in school? Pretty basic question.

1. what subject in school are you best at?
2. What subject at school are youthe least best at?
[/b][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]1. Band! Of course! Music is the freaking best! But when it comes to "real" subjects, I LOVE History! Learning about the past is one of the most fascinating things in the world, especially when it comes down to people's motives. That's what I learned the most this school year with U.S. History... pretty spiffy!

2. I love Physics, but I suck at learning it. Actually, I suck with Science in general. Simply don't understand it, and I don't care to learn it anyway because, honestly, I'm never going to use it in real life. However, I am fascinated with the fact that everything falls at a rate of 9.80 meters per second squared... amazing.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1]I would say I'm best at the social sciences (psychology, history, government, current events). I enjoy learning about the past and how it influences the modern day, and I find human interactions interesting (both at the personal and political levels). My skill is in my ability to link the information with theory and modern context in a pretty good paper. This sort of bleeds over into English, but I'm not that great about picking apart literary themes and analyzing them.

My worst subject is certainly math. Physics was the hardest class I've ever taken, and although I did decently in it, it was a constant uphill struggle. Calculus was a straight up mindf***, but it was heavily conceptual which helped.[/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]I would say I'm best at the social sciences (psychology, history, government, current events). I enjoy learning about the past and how it influences the modern day, and I find human interactions interesting (both at the personal and political levels). My skill is in my ability to link the information with theory and modern context in a pretty good paper. This sort of bleeds over into English, but I'm not that great about picking apart literary themes and analyzing them.

[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]I just had my finals last week. For the socia essay I had to do the cotton gin. I wrote how the Cotton gin helped influence the future of clothing. During that test I turned my head around and tried te check my shirt, to see if it was made of cotton. It was embarresing![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]The subject that I'm best at is math yet I despise it. I really like history about other countries. It's good to learn about your very own but I really don't get the concept of that. History was always something that I loved but not when it came to American Histroy which I learned in the 8th grade. I could be an archeologist if I could. ^^
I'm really bad at English. I don't like it. There's something about it that makes me bored and tired. But there was a time where the book reports were fun. Like we had to do a project about the book instead of writing a summary about the whole book and why we would recommend it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]1[/B]. English. On my 3rd quarter report card I had a 99% A! (on my 4th I had a 53% E (yes we have E instead of F) cuz I did none of the work >_>). everyone in my class always looked to me for answers on everything and seemed to think I was some kind of genius. It helped that the class was full of idiots and 3/4 or so either failed or just barely skimmed by. My felloe students sometimes complained that I made things more complicated because sometimes my teacher and I would end up in a sort of conversation that no one else could understand, lol. Like once we started on about the relativity of the concept of time and everyone else was falling asleep XD

I don't really try at all to excel in English. As you can all see here on Otakuboards, when I get a topic I can go on and on about it for damn near eternity, so naturally I always had big long papers even when unnecessary. It was funy, too, because a lot of times I purposefully changed the subject in my writing simply because I knew I could do whatever I wanted in that class and pass with flying colors. I never took notes or anything - I'd just go to sleep when it was time to. I slept through my last 4 English classes, lol.

[B]2[/B]. Geometry or snything math. It's funny, when I was in 7th grade I took pre-algebra and excelled, but when i got into 8th grade I sucked so bad at algebra they dropped me back into pre. In 9th grade I passed algebra with all ds. This year I took Geometry - the minimum grade for pasing here is a 70 and I passed with a 70.5 for the year :animeswea VERY CLOSE!!!! I also suck pretty bad at japanese...[/COLOR]

[size=1][list=1][*]My favourite class has always been drama class. It's great to entertain a crowd from a stage. Definatelly one of the greatest experiences in the world. Plus, I was very good at it. Though I wasn't too good at keeping by the official drama rules and all, so even if I got the crowd to laugh for 8 minutes straight, I would still get a seven out of ten score. Meh. After drama class I enjoyed history and English most. English mainly because I never had to learn for it and still got the best grades in class. History is just an awesome school subject.
[*]What wasn't I good at? Let's see... German, French, Physics, Biology, Economics, Society and Chemics. Luckily I could scrap German, Biology, Physics and Chemics for the last two years of school. The latter three subjects were combined in a "general naturesciences" (rather direct translation) class. Economics and French gave me a hard time when I did my exams, last year, but I managed it anyway.
[/list]The past year I followed the study Digital Communication for half a year, but it was horrid (hence the reason why I left after half a year). My favourite class was Webtechnologies 1, as I actually learned something useful there (building websites). The rest of the classes were my least favourite and I was bad at them too. [i]Project skills, business-ology or something, User Interfaces, communication...[/i] Classes that no one told me about when I started the study.
[/size]

[color=dimgray] I'm best at Literature and History, and generally any other humanities. For senior year I was planning to take Psychology, but I chose Government/Politics over it, seeing as the Psych exam seems to be a complete pushover from what I hear.

But Physics and Calculus AB were hard for me this year.

I'm just not very good with logical mathematics and science, so while learning Physics concepts was always easy, answering the AP-style questions by knowledge of combining various equations was not. It also didn't help that our physics teacher was pregnant and left for half the year due to complications, leaving us with no teacher and an AP exam we all did miserably on.

Calculus was different, because while our entire class did brilliantly on the AP exam, our teacher was tough. We finished the entire curriculum in half the time and reviewed for several months, so it was just a incredibly tough class. Every quiz required at least two hours of studying for me, and if you didn't study adequately for a test you were guaranteed lower than a 50. [/color]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy']I never study or take notes. I find that they are useless. And if you study for a big test you usually bomb because your nervous. I've never ever ever studied, yet I'm on the honor roll almost every marking period.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]This is somewhat true for me, but not entirely. I find that with a subject like Japanese it is important to study, and in a math class you need to make sure you know the formulas and stuff (obviously why these are my two worst classes, lol) as well as in science it probably wouldn't help to make sure you know the terms and stuff. I never study period, which is more dangerous than not, but oh well. I find it hilarious when I get a spelling test full of words I haven't even seen yet and still pass :p [/COLOR]

Guest Copycatalyst
My Hoboism 101 class was good. Advanced Hoboism was kind of rough, though. For this one project we had to live out on the street for our whole lives while politicians wouldn't demilitarize their military and use those resources to keep more peace, and ascertain that all humans were treated equally as the forefathers apparently tried to insinuate but which no one follows any more.

That aside, I enjoy creative writing, philosophy, psychology, chemistry, mathematics, public speaking. I guess you can all me an [I]areteian[/I]. Biochemistry is especially nice, especially those aspects of it which are more Erosian and pheromonic.

[COLOR=Green][FONT=Garamond]Well my favorite subject or the one I was most good at was always gym. I was always tomboyish and my father made me play baseball since I was 5yrs old so I was always a natural at any types of sports or athletics and even if I'm not too good at it I always try them or give it my all.

As for my least favorite or the one I was the worst in was hands down anything having to do with math. I hated that subject like it were the plague. I always had horrible teachers and none of them could teach math very good. For some odd reason though when I had to take the basic math courses in college I did really well in them and got A's in the classes. I think it just proves that if you have the right teacher teaching that subject than everyone could probably get it.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange'] This year I took Geometry - the minimum grade for pasing here is a 70 and I passed with a 70.5 for the year :animeswea VERY CLOSE!!!! I also suck pretty bad at japanese...[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]i took Geometry this year too. It was really hard for me to pass and the I had to pass with the same a 70. I struggled with having many of my Geometry teachers leaving and such. I had at least 4 different Geometry teachers this year. But I passed the class which was good for me. :animesmil [/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy']I never study or take notes. I find that they are useless. And if you study for a big test you usually bomb because your nervous. I've never ever ever studied, yet I'm on the honor roll almost every marking period.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=dimgray] I eagerly await the day you step into a class you'll have to work for. :p[/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]1. Well my best subject would be Global History. I personally like the class because for some reason, my teacher makes it very interesting. Like how he once said while we started the medieval Europe section, "The history of medieval Europe is basically white men fighting each other". Lol, that made me laugh alot in class. Anyways, Global Hisotry is alot like storying telling with wars and treaties and stuff. It keeps me from sleeping, what I always do in other classes.

2. My worst subject would be biology. I loathe Bio, too many diagrams and pictures to memorize and study. I made the mistake of choosing this instead of physics, which is much easier.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]1. I don't really have a favorite subject but a subject that I'm good in would have to be American History. I loathed it though because my teacher was such a talkative person and would never STFU about her damn personal life. I could hardly focus when it came to tests and she kept rambling on and on. But I did well and passed the class.

I also did well in Art. My teacher said that I had a nack for it. I always drew whatever I wanted and gave it to her since all we had to do for extra credit was to turn in a picture of some sort but I just did my own thing and gave it to her.

2. My worst subject would have to be English. I despise all those adverbs and adjectives and what not. All you do is learn them over and over again but they get harder to learn with each passing year. I did like one thing about it, I got to write a short story on anything I wanted. It was very fun since I like writing stories. I have a story that I'm working on now that's called [U]Escape[/U]. It's a very interesting story but I'll put it up in the Anothology once I get far enough in the story.[/COLOR]

1) Ha, that's easy. Speech/Debate & Drama/Theatre. (They're basically the same thing, but the first one focuses on competitions while the second works on stage combat and set lighting and all that fun stuff)

Being that I'm the "top dog," at my school for acting, and there's no real grading system, (meaning that the more medals you win, plays you act in or go to, participate in fund raisers, the better your grade) I have no problem scoring a 100% each semester in both classes.

2) Worst subject: Math... I can do basic stuff (which is why Accounting was easy this past year) and even a bit of Algebra, but once you get to Algebra 2 and Geometry and Trigonometry, it all goes over my head. Luckily, I finished my math credits up early and I didn't have to take any more this past year or next year.

[COLOR=goldenrod]Heh, it seems that our best and worst subjects DB are the exact opposite.

My best subject was Math. I loved taking it since it was the one class I always got a good grade in and I loved figuring out the bonus questions my teacher would throw in there just for fun. Most of the time I'd get them right too.

My worst subject was English. Reading wasn't too bad since I love to read and always have, but getting all the grammar and spelling correct was a royal pain in the rear. To this day I still don't have all the terms down straight as to nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. And on some level, I really don't care. It's a subject that always irritated me. Poetry and literature was even worse. Meh.

Subjects that I took for fun was physics and various science classes. And just like Math I loved taking them. I also enjoyed programming classes, however, I only took a few so who knows if the more complicated stuff would have been fun. Maybe one of these days I'll go back to college, get another degree and find out. Though I'll probably see if I can weasel my way out of any and all English classes required. Once was enough thank you. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]
My best subject was Math. I loved taking it since it was the one class I always got a good grade in and I loved figuring out the bonus questions my teacher would throw in there just for fun. Most of the time I'd get them right too.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]...Weirdo >.>

[spoiler]Kidding :p...well...no, i'm not. But you're still cool. Hehe[/spoiler]

I've always hated Math, though it seems while I was in elementary school I was a wiz at it. I guess I just lost it when i went into JHS, or was simply introduced to a plethora of more interesting subjects. Both i'm sure are pivotal contributing factors. Not to mention theres a sound difference between simple math, and the crap you gotta learn when you're in HS/college. Why, the moment I got into college and found out that science and math were clumped together to represent a single category for required classes to graduate, I took all science classes and not a single math class, heh.

My best subjects in high school were easily anything english based. I excelled at writing, reading, and made class discussions seem rather easy. Though I actually only read about 3-4 books completely from beggining to end throughout all of my high school years, all the rest i just skimmed through or didn't bother...mostly it was unessential to actually read the books to pass the tests. All you had to do was pay attention in class, and let the answer to everyone's questions make up your mental notes, heh. As an elective in english, my senior year I took a creative writing class which was by far my favorite class I've ever taken. Not only was my teacher a hot grad student, but I really did some of my best writing then, whether it was poetry, short stories, or scripts. It was fun.

I also did very well in almost every gym class I took (mostly weight training and handball, but all students were required to take two team sports gyms at some point), most sciences (I did mediocre in chemistry), and history. There were no real acting or theater classes during high school, but i took part in quite a few productions. Met most of my friends that way, and it was always fun because I was always an important part ;).

In college, my best classes were always psychology, english, and philosophy clases. Anything involving critical and creative thinking, writing, and discussions/debates were pretty much my strong points. [/font]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy][b]But I di like Edgar Allen Poe's poem about that guy who murdered an old man, then hid him under the floor board. Really Creepy![/b'][/COLOR][/quote][color=#b0000b]That's a short story. One of most famous ones ever written.

I was good at everything, and I had a passion for everything except math and handwriting. Those were more frustrating, because they required patience, and I have very little patience for tedium. Even those, though, once I settled into the right mindsight, were soothing in a way.

My favorite subjects tend to be the art and literature-related ones.

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy']I never study or take notes. I find that they are useless. And if you study for a big test you usually bomb because your nervous. I've never ever ever studied, yet I'm on the honor roll almost every marking period.[/COLOR][/quote]You probably oughtn't boast about your lack of studying until you can spell "medieval," are aware of the difference between a poem and a short story, and use the correct form of "you're" when appropriate. Just saying. :whoops:[/color]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]1[/B]. English. On my 3rd quarter report card I had a 99% A! (on my 4th I had a 53% E (yes we have E instead of F) cuz I did none of the work >_>). everyone in my class always looked to me for answers on everything and seemed to think I was some kind of genius. It helped that the class was full of idiots and 3/4 or so either failed or just barely skimmed by. My felloe students sometimes complained that I made things more complicated because sometimes my teacher and I would end up in a sort of conversation that no one else could understand, lol. Like once we started on about the relativity of the concept of time and everyone else was falling asleep XD
I don't really try at all to excel in English. As you can all see here on Otakuboards, when I get a topic I can go on and on about it for damn near eternity, so naturally I always had big long papers even when unnecessary. It was funy, too, because a lot of times I purposefully changed the subject in my writing simply because I knew I could do whatever I wanted in that class and pass with flying colors. I never took notes or anything - I'd just go to sleep when it was time to. I slept through my last 4 English classes, lol.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE].

Ha! I know that feeling. My freshman year I passed English with a 103%. Sophomore year, my second semester was crap, and I passed with a D. Junior year, I failed both semesters of Honors? English 11. I?m in summer school right now, making up half a English credit. The other half is going to be during my senior year. English is my strong suit, but the reason why I failed is because the teacher can?t teach. Let me explain something before I?m jumped on. YES, I know it?s MY FAULT that I failed. It?s just all the difference was between the Honors? class and the regular class is that we just had more work. The stuff was too easy, and everything we?d read that year, I?d read before. Plus, she couldn?t teach for crackers in a damn barrel. Long story short, when I get bored and I?m not interested in anything that we do or I already know what we?re doing, I don?t work.

I?ve had the kids complain about me asking in their opinion ?stupid? questions to the teacher or me and the teacher talking about things. I?m the loud mouth who will correct the teacher mid-class. I just tell them that I?m distracting the teacher, so stop complaining. I also go on and on about certain subjects in papers. My American History teacher asked us to write a paragraph comparing FDR and Hitler. Mine was a page and a half long.

Anyways, back on track.

[b]what subject in school are you best at?[/b]
I don?t really know. I don?t have a favorite. I enjoyed my Debate and Forensics class. The teacher loved me, but she was a crappy coach. I got away with murder in that class.
[QUOTE=Darren]
1) Ha, that's easy. Speech/Debate & Drama/Theatre. (They're basically the same thing, but the first one focuses on competitions while the second works on stage combat and set lighting and all that fun stuff)
[/QUOTE]
Darren, did you debate this year? Technically last year, but you know what I mean.

I liked American History because History is a strong suit of mine. The teacher and I got along, mainly because I was one of the only ones who actually studied and did their work. Only time we came into turbulence was when we started studying WWII. It?s a touchy subject to me, because of the whole humanitarian view on the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. There was this one question that he?d asked. I think it was something like ?What was different about the Americans? reaction to Pearl Harbor than what the Japanese expected it to be?? I told him that the difference was it was the 1940?s 9-11 and it rallied Americans together and they were angry. I also slid in the fact that Japanese were being sent to interment camps, that being something the Japanese didn?t expect. He tried saying that I was wrong for the second half of my answer. He also pronounced Nisei as nessie.

I liked Psychology because I had had the teacher the year before, and him and I got along very well. I enjoyed studying of Schizophrenia and the personality disorders.

Gym. I?ve loved every gym class I?ve ever been in. I?m a very active person and I love to compete. We have a class geared toward athletes called PSQ (power, speed, and quickness) taught by the Head football coach here at my highschool. It focuses on running and weightlifting. I took that my freshman year and my sophomore year too. I loved it.

[b]2. What subject at school are you the least best at?.[/b]

MATH.MATH.MATH.MATH.MATH.

I?m a words girl. I hate numbers. Unless they deal with baseball or horse racing. xD I loved my Algebra teacher this year though, Mrs. Kuipers. We got along very well, her son and I both wrestled. His best friend fractured my collar bone in a match. We?re both Starbucks-holics.

She made it tolerable.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']My felloe students sometimes complained that I made things more complicated because sometimes my teacher and I would end up in a sort of conversation that no one else could understand, lol. Like once we started on about the relativity of the concept of time and everyone else was falling asleep XD[/COLOR][/quote][color=#b0000b]Oh, dear. You're [i]that[/i] kid.

Don't be that kid.[/color]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']If you couldn't care less about incurring the wrath of your fellow students, it's a great way to get bonus points with the teacher.[/size][/quote][color=#b0000b]"Bonus points" are just as valid when they're acquired after class and don't interfere with other people's learning.[/color]