OtakuBoards

I don't have an error, but is there a way to save my font/color?

PieFlavoredPie

[QUOTE=PieFlavoredPie]You're right, it's not.

But i'm lazy, so i was wondering if it could be done. >_>[/QUOTE]

As the frequent user of the Quick Reply function, I too would love such an option. ;D

Well, there's always a possibility that the next version will have it...

[color=#db2007]Nope, not here. There have been questions about this before, though?I'm not sure how those threads were resolved. There may be a possiblity that something like that could be added to the next version of the site. But I'm really not the one who knows those things.[/color]

There is a plug-in that handles that, but to beat a dead horse: if anything happens with it it won't be until the next version. OB currently runs on a rather old version of vBulletin that doesn't see any support from plug-in makers any longer. There's not even a section for this version on vBulletin's site any longer.

I imagine a lot of nice changes will come to this site simply through vB being updated, so that's something to look forward to.

[color=#4B0082]Once you get good at it, typing out the color tags is actually faster than highlighting and using the menu. It takes me about two or three seconds to type [[i][/i]color=#4B0082[i][/i]], and another one to type out the closing tag at the end of the post. It only gets really annoying when you start using a different color [i]and[/i] font.

I would like to install the plug-in for this once we upgrade, though. Just a matter of time before the next version of OB is done and we can switch over. *dangles booze and cigarettes in front of Alan* Faster, boy![/color]

[quote name='James'][color=#606060]I actually think we might be upgrading our vB before the new version launches. I've been talking to Alan about that recently - I'll have to see where we are with it.[/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]It's on the latest version now, but apparently support for vBulletin is non****ingexistant so I'm having trouble getting the template kinks worked out. I'll get back to you on it. Worst case scenario is we have to roll back to 3.0.3 and lose a week of posts, which I'm trying to avoid.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim'][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]It's on the latest version now, but apparently support for vBulletin is non****ingexistant so I'm having trouble getting the template kinks worked out. I'll get back to you on it. Worst case scenario is we have to roll back to 3.0.3 and lose a week of posts, which I'm trying to avoid.[/font][/color][/size][/QUOTE]Well that explains why everything looks so screwy right now. Along with things not working right in many areas. I certainly hope you're able to avoid that worst case scenario.

[color=#606060]I'm sorry for the errors people are experiencing right now.

Unfortunately due to the highly-customised nature of OB, the latest edition of vB is causing some problems with some of our data. At the moment it's no threat to any content on OB but it's causing style/template errors in a few places.

Alan and Desbreko are working to fix this so that everything works properly. Hopefully that'll be finalized soon, but I am more interested in it being correct than rushing either of 'em.

At this stage I think OB is still useable enough not to have to close the site, so I'm going to leave it open for the time being. Just make sure to check the announcements for any further updates.[/color]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Heh, the one thing that was the most annoying was for a while I couldn't highlight and select text for anything like bolding or color. But that seems to have been resolved.

Besides, that's just cause I'm lazy and don't want to type in the tags. lol :catgirl:[/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"]Heh, the one thing that was the most annoying was for a while I couldn't highlight and select text for anything like bolding or color. But that seems to have been resolved.

Besides, that's just cause I'm lazy and don't want to type in the tags. lol :catgirl:[/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#db2007]The tags are sensitive about those things and don't want you to type them.[/color] ;)