OtakuBoards

Dream Experiences

Claire

[FONT="Arial"]From my Livejournal:

[quote]I DID IT. I HAD A LUCID DREAM.

Two, in fact, though they were very short.

The first one I dream that I was trying to lucid dream, which is pretty cool. So I finally opened my eyes (I think you have to use your imagination for that one, but once you get them open everything feels real). I was in my old house and I was walking around just for the feel of it. I opened the laundry room door and stepped in and looked around. Then I walked back out and decided to fly, so I took off and flew THROUGH A WINDOW. However I was already starting to lose control then so flying didn't really feel so real. It was too dark to actually see how high I was, anyway.

Then I drifted into another dream that I was backstage (my schools backstage) during a production of Beauty and the Beast, which was at my church (but still backstage at my school) for some reason. Now that I think about it, it was a pretty long regular dream. I just don't remember any specific events...except that they had an extra part to fill and the first time my friend Dani ran out and did it, and the second time she made another friend, Lexi, do it.

I felt kind of like I woke up, but I was having that sleep paralysis feeling again (I don't think I was actually immobilized, though), and eventually I ended up in a car with my mom and sisters, driving around near my grandma's house. I was bored of riding so I opened the door and jumped out in an attempt to fly. (I tried imagining I had wings but that didn't quite work). I fell on the ground, laughing, and then I got up and started walking again. I tried to fly, but it stopped working. The dream ended when I somehow made it to the baseball field at a local park.

So, despite having extremely dull situations, I am very pleased. It kind of makes me want to go back to sleep, hah.[/quote]

I had a LOT of dreams last night, including a false awakening (right before I woke up for real). It's very strange that I'm remembering most of the events in them, too, since I usually can't even recall one dream I have. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I've been having a whole ton of extremely strange dreams lately. There was another school one that I can't remember, but mostly there's been a whole lot of really odd ones, such as one where my brother and I were in a car and i accidentaly pressed a button to call the police and we were sitting there, in the driveway of one of my older houses, at night, hoping we wouldn't get in trouble. Last night I fell asleep after listening to my new [B]dredg [/B]CD, and I faintly remember dreaming that I had just bought one of their other albums and was listening to it.

The most vivid and utterly weird dream I had recently, though, was a [B]1984 [/B]esque crazy and mysterious tale.

It started with me in my room, which was perfectly square. I left my room into an endless purple corridor with a short ceiling and rather narrow corridor. i remember that every wall floor and ceiling in this world was [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]this shade [/COLOR]of purple. Anyway, the corridor went on endlessly it seemed and there were other corridors branching off of it. The whole thing wwas very claustrophobic, which is good for me because I love closed spaces.

Anyway, I was apparently a man in, like, my twenties who was apparently important in some way. I go a few doors down this hall and enter another door to a meeting that was somehow important. I remember that it was a mid-sized room shaped like a recangle with a long semicircular white desk that curved across the room at a few feet wide. There were 3 other.... things attending the meeting with me. I can't remember if they were machines or something - in my mind they were 3D Kite shapes that were silver. In any case, on the other side of the long desk there was a massive screen covering the whole wall.

All I remember is that suddenly the thought came into my head that none of this was real. For some reason, I thought that there was some oppresive ruler governing this place, and that I was under his control; and that these thoughts were new to me. Around that time a group of police in blue uniform stormed into the room (they looked like characters from [B]Astro Boy [/B]or some other old anime). So they take me out into the corridor and drag me down the hall and around the corner to another room. This one is a lot larger than the last, and there's a gate of iron bars separating half of the room - indicating that it is a jail house.

So I am thrown in jail, and I have this whole 'government bringing me down' mentality. For some reason, the entire floor of the jail cell was now covered in several inches of broken glass. Depressed, i lay in it face first and think of sad stuff.

If it wasn't weird enough, this is the weirdest part. Suddenly there is another guy in the cell doing the same as me, and apparently I know that he is innocent and he is apparently like my lawyer or something. Anyway, at this time I suddenly am him. I sit up from the glass, looking at the guy I used to be, and I think for a second I knew I'd changed bodies. Right about then, the guard says 'there's someone here to see you.'

That's when this increadibly beautiful, short, dark-skinned girl shows up and tells my old self that she is in love with him, and the guards let him out to go with her. Right afterward, her sister, who is slightly taller but otherwise kind of the same look, comes to the cell and says that she is in love with [i]me[/i], which she found out, like, seeing me in the hallway or something. Anyway, am released to go with her.

We leave down the hall, heading back the way I came to get here. I see the former me and the other girl walking into the room where the dream started, and my room is across the hall. My room is almost all taken up by a massive bed.

I can't tell you about the rest, because it involves gratuitous sex. >_> In any event, it was a strange but cool dream... a lot of my recent ones have been, though some of them have been a bit frightening.[/COLOR]

Hm, most of my dreams include:
1. Being chased
2. Killing
3. Being killed
4. Running/Jumping, but very slowly, almost like in water
5. Ghosts, spirits
6. Failing in school D:
7. Random Internet browsing

1. Probably one of the more common things I dream of. Usually it's being chased by a ghost, killer, or monster. Well, actually there's only been one case of being chased by a monster. Like, I was running from the monsters from Silent Hill 4, such as that two-headed baby giant thing. But when I'd try to escape, another monster would appear~ (ex. going into the elevator = monster inside one of the walls) I hadn't even played Silent Hill 4 yet lol.
2. Killing... Yeah, enough said. >_> Either 2 or 3 happens in almost all of my dreams.
3. Being killed. Enough said here too, I guess.
4. Self-explanatory, sometimes happens during the chased dreams.
5. These almost always appear. Whether it's a headless Ring/Ju-on looking spirit or some distorted figure thing, yeah.
6. I hate these. So much. I'll have dreams of me waking up late and not being able to finish an important assignment in time. And during vacation, I'll have dreams of me having to go back to school in the middle of vacation, only to forget an assignment that I was supposed to do.
7. Happens way too often now. It's just me getting a PM, or browsing YouTube, IMing people, etc. Sad, isn't it? D:

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I love dreaming because it gives you excellent ideas. I keep a pen and notepad next to my bed and if I had a really awesome dream I would write it down. Some of my most brilliant work comes from dream experiences.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I had a couple wierd dreams last night. One of them involved me going to this large indoor concert hall - not unlike the kind you would go to to see a play on broadway or whatever - to see the band [B]Dredg[/B], who is my current band obsession. Near the end there was this weird part where I felll from my balcony seat onto a seat in the lower section and was teleported out of the building O_o

As of last night, it is a reccurring dream, since I've seen the bands [B]Ayreon [/B]and [B]Opeth [/B](touring together) in that same concert hall XD

I also had a much longer dream about being at an anime convention. Or something like that. It was spread all throughout this huge town and there was all kinds of weird-*** crap... I mean, if I were to fully dscribe the magnitude and utter freakish wierdness of this dream I would require a visual medium and the best skill in explanation ever.

This was also a recurring theme, because I've been lost in a similar convention before. Both of these tie into a dream I've been meaning to talk about - my recurring 'lost in the mall dream'.

I've had a good deal of dreams that involve me being in this rediculously large mall and just wandering around, often lost or just not knowing where anyone is. In quite a few of them, I'll actually go into a strange-looking [B]Gamestop [/B]or [B]Suncoast [/B]or something, but i've never bought anything in any of these dreams. I think the game [B]Dead Rising [/B]was the first inspiration for one of these dreams, since the malls are always massive and designed in a fashion that kind of resembles the game.

In one of these dreams I actually encountered some friends of mine. One of them was helping me apparently trying desperately to find an appropriate hairbrush to buy O.o

Sometimes the mall dream is just a small segment of another dream. For instance, there is a nother series of dreams i have called 'charging suburbia' which I will get into in my next post, but in one of these dreams I entered this strange mall that was essentially one long corridor that really wasn't even all that long, though there was apparently a load screen in the middle of it. Anyway, in this place all the walls were blue and there were zombies, though I managed to escape rather easily. from the outside this mall looked much, much bigger FWR.

The longest of my mall dreams was in one that was so insanely huge it was rediculous. At one part I actually found one of the exits, but outside the mall was nothing but an endless green field. Just grass, stretching off in all directions. I remember that apparently I had like 10 bucks that I was supposed to use to go see a movie and apparently my mom would be mad at me if i didn't go see it or something (this dream was a good 8 months ago...)

Anyway, I made my way around the outside of the mall looking for another way in, and I found a secret door on the ground of the ield and went in down a short flight of stairs into this small metal room. There were like 5 people in here and all were doing heroin or crack or simply smoking things I identified as illegal. I think there was also someone getting stabbed O_o either way, I wen into the theater and watched the movie and then ended up back in the mall afterward.

I think I can safely conclude that I hate all my dreams. They are always horrifying. Either way, I have 2 more memorable recurring dreams that I will bring up next time, assuming I don't have a crazy dream again tonight...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]//

blah blah blah, bunch of .... things .....[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Dude. Everytime you post here, I find new limits for the heights my eyebrows can hit. :animestun

Seems like we haven't spent too much time on the nightmare aspect. It makes me curious. As far as I can recall, I've only had one definite nightmare ... no, make that two. I had one last semester that had me wigged out for a week.

I doubt that most people would call the first one I had an actual nightmare unless their mental disposition is remarkably similar to my own. You know those police video shows, where they show people being arrested with those digitalized blurry square things over their faces? In this dream, I was on the other side of that thing. That was all I could see: digital, blurry squares, everywhere. It lasted for about a minute, or maybe thirty (perceptually speaking), and I got so worked up that I woke up [I]in the process[/I] of sitting up, and my sweat was cold.

In the second one, my mind basically took all of my memories from about the time I was eight, shoved them into a box, and made up eleven years worth of completely new ones based around the idea that the big interstate move our family went through had never happened. The dream itself lasted for about a day in dream-time, with me at the same relative age I am now, and when I woke up I literally had no idea who I was. It was about six seconds before my original memories 'rebooted', so to speak; during that time, all I could do was stare dumbly at my wall and wonder what had just happened ? I [I]think[/I] I might have accidentally sworn, but I can't quite remember anymore. (Shut up.:p)

That dream caused me to almost fail two quizzes.[/FONT]

I don't have nightmares. Weird dreams, violent dreams, stuff that should be horribly scary--sure, I get all of that. But I can't remember ever being terrified or disturbed by what happened in a dream, either while dreaming or after waking up. My dream-self/character/whatever tends not to have emotions; I feel like there are tasks I have to fulfill, some more urgent than others, but that's it.

I don't have a sense of smell, taste or touch in my dreams. Hearing plays a limited role. The plots are complicated and often involve people I haven't seen or thought about in ages. It pisses me off when I wake up without being able to see the ending, haha.

~Dagger~

Today I had a dream that I was at a Comiket-like convention, during the last day of it. I was assigned to spend loads of money by going to a certain area inside the con and buying whatever doujins and other stuff I could find. It was for a friend of course, and she gave me the money, although I planned to use up around $50 of my own for my own doujin or something. But some people were saying the con already closed D: Makes sense, since it's the last day and all. But it was just that a lot of the entrances to the Exhibit Hall were closed. But right when I found the right, open entrance... I woke up -_-

Guest EvaBlood
Lucid Dreaming Is What You Really Want The Dreams That You Can D What Ever You Want And It Happens Its Very Hard To do You have To Train Your Self And Take Melatonin Its A Pill That Makes You Relax But Don't Take To Many And Just Train Your Mind To Think Of What You Really Want This Could Take Months But Just Look In To It.

[QUOTE] Lucid Dreaming Is What You Really Want The Dreams That You Can D What Ever You Want And It Happens Its Very Hard To do You have To Train Your Self And Take Melatonin Its A Pill That Makes You Relax But Don't Take To Many And Just Train Your Mind To Think Of What You Really Want This Could Take Months But Just Look In To It. [/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ummm, I am not taking any pills if that's what my typing is going to look like afterward. :p

As for nightmares, I do the same thing that Dagger does. When the going gets tough, I become somebody different, and though sometimes I do feel scared when I am being pursued, what I usually feel that manages it is grim determination to win. I had a crazy one where aliens/monsters had infiltrated an office (pretending to be the higher ups) that was hidden in a junkyard and were luring the people there out alone to eat them. I was one of those people, and I knew that they wanted to eat me alive, so I impaled myself (?!), somehow knowing someone would be here soon and be able to save me.

I also used to have a re-occuring nightmare when I was little. In our house, we had an old fashioned scale to measure our weight ( I think it used water somehow, but you just stood on it like another scale). In real life, my parents had told me not to jump on it or mistreat it, and in the dream it translated into "DON"T TOUCH ON PAIN OF DEATH!!" . In the deam, we owned a black cat (never would happen, my mother hated cats and still does). Every time I stood on the scale, the cat would turn into a panther and try and devour myself and my little brohter. I wasn't very long, but it haunted my dreams for a year, I think. I finally told my father about it one morning, and ever since, I've never dreamed about it. (Not that I know of, anyway). I always thought it was pretty wierd that you could sometimes be rid of a nightmare just by telling it to someone else.[/FONT]

I seem to just dream about every day type of stuff. Other than things jumping around as dreams do, they aren't much different from when I'm awake. With one exception. There are people in my dream that of course are not in real life. It's a bit odd since I'll run into the same people in my dream time and time again, just like you would for real. Some of them keep popping up over the years.

Though I do have that occasional dream of I missed an important test, date, appointment, etc. I'm always glad to wake up and find out it really was just a dream.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Dude. Everytime you post here, I find new limits for the heights my eyebrows can hit. :animestun[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure what that means ^^;; Either way, I haven't dreamt in the past days, so here's my recurring ones (or one of them, depending how long this takes)

The first one I'd like to talk about is the crazy theater dream which ties directly into another one called the best buy dream.

The first [B]'crazy theater' [/B]dream was one where I was in a movie theater - or so it seemed. The room was shaped like a movie theater that went back a rather large amount of rows, and rather than having a screen, there was a stage where bands were playing. On either side of the seats, the aisles went up into these strange balcony-like cliffs and throughout the dream my brother and I kept going to these and then back to our seats, paying no attention to the band.

The first of the [B]'best buy' [/B]dreams was especially cool and weird. It starts off with my brother and I in a massive best-buy/barnes and noble style store - please note that at the time of this dream, i had not been shopping in nearly 6 months and I had nearly lost interest in anime and games entirely. It should also be noted that the lighting in the store was the orange of a setting sun and made everything look pretty.

Now, while I was there, I was looking at the manga section and seeing all these things I wanted to buy, though some of them were rather obscure. There were 19 volumes of [B]Trigun [/B]and a [B]Tenchi Muyo [/B]manga I wanted to buy, and I was looking at [B]Ranma [/B]as well as a bunch of other random titles.

Stuff started to get really weird, though, when my brother and I left the doors through the back of the store... into an arena from[B] Unreal Championship 2[/B]. In fact, the entire place had the graphical quality of a first-person shooter and I had been turned into a very cool-looking robot as well as several other people who were apparently people I knew. Anywho, we had a huge battle in a cool ruins-esque place, then returned to the store and continued looking around and repeated the process again. It was... REALLY strange.

The reason I talked about the first of each beforehand is because the next one had combine elements of both as well as something entirely different.

The dream began with me in the same movie-theter setting thing, only this time I was with a friend I'd had several houses beforehand. The significance of this was probably that said friend and I had once gone to see [B]Hero [/B]together, but that's not important now. This time, the concert apparently had [B]Linkin Park [/B]in it, which I was excited about, but something went wrong and then the place had a screen that had this purple creepy-looking background and I had a remote to operate it. On the screen there were these tabs with song titles on them (think [B]Donkey Konga[/B]) that I was cycling through. After a while of this, we left in my friend's mom's van.

Aftetr a while of driving around it became dark and we were passing through this neighboor hood and as we were driving along, somehow we ended up outside of the van, and what would come charging down the road but a giant mechanical spider? The thing was bigger than a house, had four legs, and it had the sleek white frame like the robots from [B]i-Robot[/B]. This thing comes walking down the street crushing cars and stuff and naturally I go into panic. Firstly, my friend and his mom managed to escape, which I was glad for, but I was running from this behemoth. I was hiding behind cars and darting along cautiously, but the thing was shooting green lasers and missles at me ([B]Mechwarrior [/B]influence, probably).

Eventually there was a part where I was running a downhill slope and I managed to climb into the seat of this blue robotic mechanism that was basically just two long legs with a thing in the middle to sit in and pilot it. I got in and... well this part things get really weird for a moment. The thing takes off into the air, and I'm in the sci far above the world, looking down on it.

Evidentally, the city we live in is shaped like a map from a dungeon-crawler game with multiple layers that make it look almost like a building compound. At that moment, i remember that there was some kind of random sci-fi storyline behind the whole thing that I don't remember any details of. I flew around above the apparently-futuristic city for a while and finally decided to drop... into what I immediately identified as the same best-buy thing from the other dream.

This time. i was looking at manga again, but this time there were these three young girls that were there. I remember being really shy toward them or something and that one of them was flirting with me - right around when i finally worked up the courage to talk to her I woke up.

That's probably my favorite dream ever just for the epic-ness of the whole spider part. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]For the most part I don't really remember my dreams, sure I do when I first wake up, but later in the day I've forgotten and moved on. And only occasionally do I even remember what the dream was about. Of the ones that I do remember, there is one that I keep having every so often and that is me finding a hidden room in the home I grew up in.

Every so often I have that dream and find the same room. The only problem is that where the room is in the dream is outside of where the house ends, in order for it to be real at all, my parents house would have to have another section added on to it. And for whatever reason I always find the funniest stuff in that hidden room in my dream as well as the same furniture and such. And the location of this hidden room is always in the same spot in each dream. [/COLOR]