OtakuBoards

Tea Time with Sara

Sara

[SIZE="1"]I love both tea and coffee.

I've been in Japan for two weeks so I haven't had any coffee since I left. I have had atleast 3 cups today so far, lol. I had plenty of tea over there of course.

Normally I don't drink coffee during the week unless my mom is coming over. Thats just how it works out, its not intentional. I'll make up for it on sunday though when I go to church. They seem to have the best coffee there. If I do go out I do like Starbucks, but I have only had it twice. There is also good coffee at Borders, the book store.

As for tea, I do enjoy the basic Lipton tea(which I don't remember the actual name of), green tea, or iced tea. In the winter I make a few cups of decaff tea a day just to warm me up. Usually when I make tea I don't put anything in it because I'm lazy. If I do its cream and sugar, simple. Cream and sugar in coffee is a must, but I don't use much sugar.

I've been drinking coffee most of my life actually. I got hooked on it when I was little and my mom would give me some when she drank it. Heh.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Barry's Tea (Irish Brand) in a large cup or average sized mug, three sugars and plenty of milk, preferably with something to eat, or if it's on it's own two sugars and plenty of milk.

I drink Earl Grey occasionally on it's own as it's not really a tea you'd have with something, too distinct a flavour. Coffee I abhor the taste of, despite finding it to have one of the most pleasant aromas I know.

Major props to Nerdsy for that line.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"] Coffee I abhor the taste of, despite finding it to have one of the most pleasant aromas I know.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I'm the same way. It's almost a betrayal that something can smell so good and yet taste so horrible. My friends keep saying oh it's because this one is better or this one and I've yet to run into one that didn't taste terrible. I just don't like Coffee.

As for tea. I've never been a big tea drinker either. I've always preferred something like lemonade or juice. Though I do like to have a type of herbal raspberry tea from time to time. Not very often though or I get tired of it rather quickly.

But the one thing I love is sugar free hot chocolate. Can't stand the regular stuff. But in the winter I usually have some of that every day. [/COLOR]

[quote name='r2vq'][color=#007520]I can't drink tea in any form.
I've tried [color=black]Black[/color], [color=green]Green[/color], [color=red]Red[/color], [color=brown]Iced[/color], or even [color=purple]Bu[color=black]b[/color]b[color=black]l[/color]e [color=black]T[/color]ea[/color] are all disgusting. I don't know why I don't like them, most of my friends drink the stuff like it's water...

-r2[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]You really must come South and try our variant. No one can say no to sugar. :p (For the record, no Southern state makes sweet tea quite like good ole' SC.)

I haven't really started drinking hot coffee yet, so I can't really say much about the taste or what-have-you. I [I]do[/I] enjoy it iced, though, with milk/cream and a little sugar. It's a fairly nice summer morning treat.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I've only had sweet tea in North Carolina; it can't be too different. I know I like it, but it's been a while since I had it. Every restaurant there seems to serve and there are a lot of restaurants there. I think McDonald's even sells it. Not that impressive though, since you can get alcohol at McDonald's in other countries.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"]I'm the same way. It's almost a betrayal that something can smell so good and yet taste so horrible. My friends keep saying oh it's because this one is better or this one and I've yet to run into one that didn't taste terrible. I just don't like Coffee.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I know, and it's really awful when you get that great smell early in the morning and can't stand the taste, I've tried a bucket of different types in different ways and like with you, they all taste awful. It's just God damn wrong to make something that smells so great taste so horrid.

On a side note, I'm enjoying a cup of Earl Grey at the moment. Has anyone had Chai tea ? I saw it the whole time in Australia and never tasted it.[/SIZE]

[color=darkred]I only drink tea. Home tea -- my own tea -- not from any cafe. Not just for refreshment, but when I'm thirsty too. I can't drink it on a empty stomach otherwise I won't enjoy it, so I'll only have it in the morning if I'm having breakfast, which is rare for me... but after any meal is the best time for it. I also like Early Gray, but again, it's rare for me to drink that since we only have regular tea bags at home.[/color]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I know, and it's really awful when you get that great smell early in the morning and can't stand the taste, I've tried a bucket of different types in different ways and like with you, they all taste awful. It's just God damn wrong to make something that smells so great taste so horrid.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][color=#db2007]QFT

Chai tea is good. I make it in hot milk and add a bit of sugar and a bit of nutmeg or cinnamon, and it tastes just like pumpkin pie.

You know, without the pumpkin.[/color]

[quote name='AJeh'][size=1]
As an Englishman, I have only this to say: tea sucks.[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Pssht, you have no idea what you're talking about. Tea gives you orgasms, duh... jeez. >_>

Peach tea and Earl Grey ftw~! :D

I myself, as a born and raised Hawaiian girl, really adore fruity teas and whatnot. They always smell really good and have great flavors that vary with different fruits. I particularly am really fond of Peach tea and Mango Chai, but I have more favorites in my cabinet. =3 Earl Grey is pretty swell, as well.

I don't drink coffee and I probably never will. I just don't like the taste or the fact that most people are addicted to it just because it's good or everyone else drinks it. I do want to try some souped up Cappuccino, though, because they sound pretty good.

As for what to eat with my teas, I just eat the usual snacks they serve here in English Tea rooms. They're always so fancy, I must say.

I really, really adore [URL="http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/images/strawberryscones/strawberrysconesimagecopyrighted7.jpg"]Strawberry Scones[/URL] and [URL="http://www.epicurean.com/articles/images/tea-cakes.gif"]Tea cakes[/URL], no matter what kind or who makes them. They just make everything that much better. :D

Check me out, my tea obsession grew more ever since I came here to jolly ol' England. Hope I don't acquire a British accent anytime soon (no offense to Jamie or anyone else.) or anything. I just love tea more than coffee, I guess. >_> [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sara'][color=#db2007]QFT

Chai tea is good. I make it in hot milk and add a bit of sugar and a bit of nutmeg or cinnamon, and it tastes just like pumpkin pie.

You know, without the pumpkin.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I guess I'll just have to try it some time, though I've never actually had pumpkin pie and I despise cinnamon. Still though, life is all about trying new things.

Oh, I'm going to add another tea I got hooked on a few years ago. [B]Turkish Apple Tea[/b], warm to hot with two sugars has a very pleasant taste. Anyone else had it ?[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#004a6f"]I am a tea enthusiast, but I have not had the chance to try many kinds of tea.

We usually drink Tetley's Orange Pekoe at my house, because my mom doesn't really like other teas, except for green tea ocassionally. We also like to add mint leaves to the pot (but they must be fresh leaves, so we grow mint in the front yard). In the winter, we use dried sage leaves. So our winter tea is distinctly different from our summer tea. My mom doesn't always like sage, so sometimes she has plain tea in the winter. I love sage though. It has a very nice aroma and adds a mild sweetness to the tea (even though I already add plenty of sugar to my cup).

Anyway, here's my family's "recipe" for Orange Pekoe tea. We have this 20 year old stainless steel tea pot that fits 2 cups (500 mL). I use two tea bags and add about two tablespoons of sugar to the pot. I then add a handful of washed mint leaves (in the winter, a few dried sage leaves). Then I fill the pot to the top with boiling water and stir it for about ten seconds. I like my tea weak, so I pour my cup right away, and leave the rest of the tea in the pot for a bit longer before I pour everyone else's tea. I also like my tea sweet, so in addition to the sugar that I have already added to the whole pot (which isn't very much), I add another teaspoon or two to my cup.

I am the main person who makes tea in my family, because my tea tastes very good. I told everyone they just have to stick to the recipe to make it taste good, but as they tell me, my hands are apparently "blessed" (yeah right, they're just too lazy to go make it themselves).

Anyway, I also like Earl Grey, Ceylon, and Oolong tea.

Oh, and you should try Jasime Green tea. It's really good, and it's the only form of green tea I like.

I've never had Chai tea, but I'd lime to try it.

As for coffee, I'm okay with it, but only with lots of sugar, but I prefer tea. The only coffee I buy outside is Timhorton's French Vanilla or English Toffee cuppucinos though, because they're nice an sweet.[/COLOR]