OtakuBoards

Strange Pets

Akieen Cloud

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well this is something that we all seem to have sometime in ouor lives one time or another.
I have like 20 something rats and one that thinks that she's a dog. I'll let her out of her tank and she'll go running through the house, I'll call her name and whistle and she'll come back. I also have a cat that thinks she's a dog, she drinks from the toilet and sink and eats any kind of meat she can get to, includeing beef jerky. She hisses at other cats and when we take her to get groomed she has to be put with the dogs...
So here's the question, do others out there have a pet like this, that's strange or a story about a pet where it did something funny or strange?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=midnightblue] I once had a pet goat. Strange because we lived in an urban environment, with close proximity to our neighbours. When I first saw the goat, I thought it was a lamb. It blew me away to have such an exotic pet, lol!

The final straw for the goat came when the neighbours got sick of it's bleating (at the time, we had to wean it from milk) and complained to the city council. Before they went ahead with proceedings, we gave up the goat out of good will.

George Bush may have read about My Pet Goat, but I had one!
[/color][/size]

I had a black pet goat as well, his name was Kenny.

One of his legs was longer than the other since he got stuck when he was born, so his knee was his right foot. He didn't care though, he was born that way so he was used to it.

But maybe the oddest thing is that since we had not other goats he started emulating the dogs.

He would eat dog food, chase cars and sit with them.

He tried head butting them but they quickly learned the game was too rough so i would just clap my hands and he would head butt my palms.

He sure was great fun when was around though, he had a habit of jumping on top of cars though, people don't like sharp hooves scraping paint away.

We lived out in the country so luckily there weren't too many cars, man do i miss my goat.

Eventually one day he wandered off in search of a female, i found him but he acted like he didn't know me. He spent one month in a corral full of chicks and forgot his family!

He lived in splendor for awhile until he was bitten by a rattlesnake. Poor guy.

I just have a cat, called Frankie, who's 20 years old and has one eye. His eye had to be removed after a car hit him (he survived it).

I just think it's strange to have a cat [i]that[/i] old.

EDIT: And who has one eye.

[color=darkred]It's not very strange, but my pet cat simply can not stop eating. When I get up from wherever it is I'm sitting, he'll follow me thinking that I'm going to put food in his bowl. If I'm sitting down, he'll miaow constantly and jump all over me. If I'm eating something, he'll want it, whether it's a biscuit, a satsuma, chewing gum, whatever. My other cat is a saint compared to him... he's just the devill.[/color]

I have a really acrobatic, daredevil dog. Her name is Kacee (Pronounced K.C.) and she can climb to amazing heights. We have a Kennel for her outside and we bought her a doghouse for when it gets wet in her Kennel and we aren't there. We though she would get in it. No way. She climbs on top of it and lays down like Snoopy did (but not on her back). We also bought her a Tarp to cover her Kennel and keep the rain out. One day my mom went outside and found her on top of her tarp lying down!

She also tends to try and backflip whenever we throw her ball around. She actually pulled one of once. I overthrew her and she hopped up and backflipped and got the ball and landed on her feet. She's a crazy dog....but I love my puppy!

My mom's friend has a zoo in her house. She has two dogs, two cats, a ferret, an aquarium of full of fish and a turtle, a box turtle, she even had a hamster at one point. I though about getting her a snake, but both she and my mom are deathly afraid of snakes. I once had to catch a garter snake because she wouldn't get near it. I love her house though because if you get bored, you can interact with a plethora of animals.

[SIZE=1] I have four dogs. one that is very shy of people [on the account that my brother-in-law gave her a beer] another whose fur reminds me of a cow, one who reminds me of corona [the beer] cos his parents were name after a spainsh beer and a cockaroach, respectively.

then there's Loki, my mommy's doggie, she kinda acts human, she [B][U][I] actually knows[/B][/U][/I] when 04July occurs, and she hides under my father's bed or in his closet, she also knows how to open the screen door with her paws and she also starts barking at the tv when I lose in a video game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I've no strange pets myself, well I suppose there is something strange about having fifteen or so cats but living in the countryside I suppose that's pretty much inescapable.

A friend of mine when I was a kid was really into snakes, had all kinds of them littered in glass tanks in his room, feeding time was apparently something to behold. Biggest one he had was about six feet long and had to be put in a special container in their garage, this same guy is training to be a vet today, so I guess he really fulfilled his childhood passion. [/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Well she's not my pet, but I can't help but laugh at some of the quirks of Aaryanna's dog. I've had lots of cats and different dogs while I was growing up, but none of them would bark like mad at the sound of the doorbell from a tv program, or go nuts when they hear the silly commercial for Lucky Star on youtube. It's so tempting to play it again and again just to see that little fur ball get all worked up.

Oh and she's figured out what the word bath means. The moment she hears that word she takes off and hides. Especially if I'm the one who says it since I'm the one who grooms her. lol[/COLOR]

Yeah I have two pretty weird cats. When I first got my cat Joey he hopped sideways. He would also run and flip. Like just do a frontflip roll thing. It was extremely funny. His one and only love to is paper balls. Crumple up piece of paper and he comes running. And if you throw it he runs and goes gets it oputs it in his mouth and brings it back. A cat playing fetch? He also drinks from the toilet.
And for some reason he seemed to stick to my golden retriever like his brother. When my other dog would fight with him Joey would get on his hind legs and attack him. What kind of cat defends a dog?

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]Wel,l I had this goldfish one time that tended to eat too much...and, it steadily continued to grow in size day by day. I didn't really think much of it at the time, but....one day I went to feed him again, and it seemed that he had died from overeating. And since then I have not had another goldfish.....:animedepr.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I have three cats and one bird. One of my cats is afraid to go outside and although he looks like a orange tabby, one of his whiskers is black, while every other whisker is white. I think it's very cute and unique though. Also, my cats are usually very friendly. When I had my hamster, it'd sometimes escape and approach the cats. However, they wouldn't harm it.

As for the bird, I think it's weird because of all of the strange noises it makes, but I guess that's natural.