OtakuBoards

Bad Days. Tell me about them.

pooperson

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]This is your oppurtunity to share with the OB world one of your really crappy days. That's self-explanatory, isn't it?

I'll start.

Today. Was the crappiest day of my life.
I woke up when my parents left for Edinburgh, a crazy strip mall with a thousand billion stores. At about 1(ish?) and got online to make plans. I shouldn't have because my dad told me last night I wasn't allowed to drive today. [B]So I called my mom and asked her if I could go out today.[/B] She said yes.
Then I drove out to Pendleton, where I have never been - let alone driven to - before [B]and got lost[/B]. That wasn't so bad, but it was hella annoying.
So then I finally figure out where I'm going, and I met [B]Mr. Maul[/B] at his house. We then leave to go to wherever we were going to go to. I don't remember.
On the way, we stopped to look at something, which is when [B]I drove right into a parked car[/B]. Oops. So we're waiting for the owner to walk out, when we realized that we had intruded upon a luncheon for the MCDC, which wouldn't have been bad if it hadn't stood for the [B]Madison County Deaf Club[/B]. Hah. Oops.
So we're there for more or less 20 minutes getting insurance information, taking pictures, trying to figure out what they're saying, etc.
Then we leave, and [B]I don't call my parents[/B]. Problem. We went to Wendy's, and I definitely didn't end up eating because I was nervous. Then we went to where we were going, and everything was good until the 'rents called, and I told them what had happened.
Mom freaks out because I had a passenger in the car and because she didn't know where I was.
So the entire walk back to my car was him rationalizing what happened and me thinking about ways that my parents were going to kill me. Because they would.
So then I got home and - surprisingly - didn't get in any trouble... but my 90 days for my license weren't up. I didn't think that was a problem until [B]I figured out just now that my passenger is supposed to be 21 or older, NOT 18.[/B]
So, right now, I'm not allowed to drive, and there is a possible chance I won't be driving for about 6 months.
On the plus side, Mr. Maul is pretty tight, and the band that we saw was really good! Plus, he tells awesome stories! :D

Please. Share your stories. [SIZE="2"]Make me feel better.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=deeppink]The crappiest day of my life was when I discovered I had been left out of the meeting of Indiana OBers.

If I were to pick a second, it would have to be the time I got mauled by a dog. It was my mother's boyfriend's dog, at that. Or... at least I think they were dating at the time, I don't remember.

I was roughly 7 or 8, and we were all supposed to go somewhere. I don't remember what, probably the zoo or the pool. My mom was getting ready and I walked next door to where my mom's boyfriend lived, and his dog was out there.

Now, it had been raised as a guard dog, and it didn't like me being there. I, very foolishly, tried to pet it, and it basically just ruined my ****. I don't remember anything immidiately after in lunged at me, but somehow I had managed to crawl across the yard back to my house, where my mom proceeded to freak out and drive me to the hospital.

It had torn a huge wound in my shoulder (the bone was clearly visible) and made a gash a little lower down on the arm. Oddly, neither of those bothered me; rather, this tiny little scratch on my back that my mom didn't notice hurt like a mofo. I ended up getting approximately one hundred billion stitches.

It sucked.[/color]

The worst day for me was most likely the day where I found out I forgot to take an online midterm for my Political Science course. Because of that, the highest grade I could get a B, and that's why I freaked out [i]a lot[/i]. My GPA is probably one of my most important priorities, so I ended up choosing to drop the class for a W.

Although I did learn my lesson. I promised myself I will maintain my 4.0 GPA and will never get another W.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]The worst day of my life started today at about 3 o'clock this afternoon. My girlfriend, whom I have been with for eight months, and I broke up this afternoon. And I won't lie, eventho I didn't disagree, I cried like a baby. Although we're still friends, I still love her, but I keep her if I tried, she's not my property. But I still love her, and I'm still crying like a blobbering fool. And for the record, if any of you have any coping advice, I desperatly need some.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Out of sheer curiousity, why do you want to know all about our worst days? Perhaps to cheer yourself after yours? Just wondering...

I've had a lot of "worst" days in my life, but the first thing that came to mind was this:

Two winter vacations ago, my father had been fighting with my sister & I all day, until it got rougher than usual, and my sister decided to run to the owner's house (we lived in a very small trailer park then). I, of course, being rather unwilling to stay by myself, decided to follow. The park's owner's wife very readily helped us escape to another city about thirty miles away, where we ended up staying the night at a friend's. That same night, shortly after arriving at the friend's home, my sister called our godparents & found out that our godmother had died, & our godfather had been trying to contact us for some time. And of course we were very worried our father would call the police and tell them we were runaways. It was a very stressful day.

I've had worse though, & I've learned they don't stay so terrible. Something always occurs to brighten things up. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I've had plenty of 'bad' days, but only one do I truly consider bad. The others were just frustrating, nothing more. Though perhaps if I hadn't experienced the bad day, they would have been my worst day instead of just an annoyance. Who knows?

Anyway my bad day was the day my brother died. It was unexpected, sudden and turned my life upside down. It happened when my brother and I were walking home from getting a soda at the local gas station. Both of us got caught in the crossfire of a drive by gang shooting. The person doing the shooting wasn?t really aiming at my brother, or me but at a rival gang member that lived in the home we were walking in front of. Naturally my brother and I tried to avoid the gunfire when the person in the car started shooting. I was unharmed, but my brother was killed by the crossfire.

Realizing that he had died instantly was one of the worst moments/days in my entire life. I've never had a day before or after that day that ever came close to being as horrible as that day was. If anything it makes other days that are frustrating easier to deal with. [/COLOR]

Well indifference pretty much massacred the thread making everyone elses bad days seem like nothing. I am very sorry for your loss indifference.

My cousin died suddenly in his sleep which shocked everyone because he was perfectly healthy especially before he went to bed. His funeral and wake were all pretty difficult days. Even though I didn't like my cousin I felt horrible survivors guilt and even worse that I couldn't feel worse about the situation. From there I had a lot of horrible days and have done things I regret terribly. Which I won't go into. but yeah everything after that death started a huge chain of bad days.

[size=1]I don't think the worse day of my life was too bad... but it was a bit... horrible.

Long story short. I got jumped by some people, most of them I knew who left school the year before, and they pretty much laid into me like a punching bag. I couldn't even defend myself because I was on the floor too many times. At some point I couldn't move my leg properly - think it was the knee they hurt - and one of the twats knew I was afraid of the dark. It was late, but not dark.

He may have been a ****, but he was smart. It was by the riverside, so I ended up being handcuffed to rails all night long.

I obviously didn't sleep, haha, and I was freezing to death all night long. Not to mention various bruises and whatnot.

Luckily a bunch of my friends who hang around down there came by and after I convinced them I didn't want to phone the police or the hospital, they spent an hour trying to break these handcuffs with a bottle opener. Good job they weren't proepr handcuffs.

I think I spent a good two months inside after that... I really am terrified of the dark =/.[/SIZE]

I've had two really rotten days that I can think of. One shortly after I started college when my cello was destroyed. It was in the trunk of my parents car. They were helping me move into my apartment and got in a car wreck. Luckily they were not hurt other than some whiplash and a few bruises, but my poor cello was smashed along with some other things in the trunk where the truck rear ended them.

The other bad day was last year when I was in a car accident. I was not driving, but the car that hit the one I was in, did so with enough force to break my right leg. Something that led to several surgeries and months of rehabilitation, which left me unable to play for a while. >_< That was the worst part. Not being able to sit up and practice.

I've had other rotten days, but so far those two were the worse.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Kenshin DX']Well indifference pretty much massacred the thread making everyone elses bad days seem like nothing. I am very sorry for your loss indifference. [/QUOTE]Well, it wasn't my intent to massacre the thread, and I do appreciate the sentiment. I just haven't had any days worse that that one. And I certainly hope I never do. Just as I hope no one else does either. It took me the longest time just to be able to even talk about it. And I still have the occasional nightmare from it.

But if we want to get to the other type of frustrating days. I did have one during the winter. I was heading for school on one of those semi warming up days so it was cold but not too bad since it was just warm enough for snow to melt. Anyway, about halfway to the light rail stop I use to head for school I slipped on some ice and landed on my rear in a nice huge puddle of ice water.

I ended up missing class since I had to turn around and head back to my apartment to change. I was pretty soaked, along with some of my papers since my backpack fell into the water as well. [/COLOR]

My worst day definately wasn't as bad as the people who already posted here, but it was still depressing to me. About 2 days ago, i was over at my friends house looking at the bike she got for her birthday, so i set my cell phone and my wallet on the back bumper of their car while we were looking at it, and of course i forgot to pick it back up. So her brother drove the car the next day, and I think someone picked up my phone and wallet, which had my debit card in it, after it fell off somewhere so I was freaking out about that. I had to order a new phone today, and apparently I didn't have insurance on it, so the new one costed $230, which is not the way I wanted to spend half of my paycheck. Oh well, **** like that happens.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]Bad days huh? >_< I've had a few, even though the one affected wasn't quite me and yet it could have been really bad for me. A few of them have related to my mom. Her disability is much better since they finally found the treatments that work best for her, but at first until they got it under control there were some times when she was in the hospital and they didn't know if she was going to live or not. So yeah, those days were pretty bad.

I've had others were I get teased for being a nerd at school, but I've sort of gotten use to that. And even though it wasn't a life threatening issue, I was beyond depressed when my dog lost some teeth last year since our previous vet ignored my concern that something was wrong. She's domesticated so in the end those missing teeth won't matter, but the day she had her surgery I was pretty upset the entire day.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Bad days, I've certainly had plenty of them and I still do. Naturally there are some that stick out more than others, getting raped obviously was one, just as the day I found out my brother had died was as well. And all the other stuff I dealt with when I was a kid/teenager/young adult. Up until I attempted to kill myself. I lost count of the bad and rotten days that I had in that time frame.

But to be fair, in spite of the negative slant put on people who want to die, that moved me into having more normal bad days instead of catastrophic ones that were beyond painful. I'm still here and I've no desire to ever try doing myself in again. It's just not going to happen since I like living. ^_~ And by no means does that make someone else's bad day seem like nothing. Far from it. Depending on where you are and what's happened in your life, those bad days are every bit as annoying and frustrating as ones that seem more dramatic and painful. Even if they are.

I know breaking up from a relationship would suck, getting attacked by a dog, beaten up as well as all the other things mentioned here would really annoy me. But out of everything, probably the one that would get me the most out of sheer annoyance factor would be falling into icy water. Brrr! I hate being cold! lol [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I've had my share of bad days, some worse than others same as everyone else. The one that stands out most wasn't such a bad day in and of itself, but lead to a pretty ****** period in my life. To keep a long story short, it was November about four years ago and I was in playing football in high school P.E. and took a shot to the head from close range, it trapped my spinal cord between two vertebrae which lead to migraines that eventually caused me to leave school. Four years later and I've finally gotten over what happened.

My great-grandmother dying was a fairly bad day too, same goes for her son whom I was particularly close to as we were very alike.

Man this thread is good for bringing up bad memories...[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Meh... there's a very dark period in my life that I've mostly forgotten about where most days were pretty godawful and thinking about them makes me feel less than human. If I picked out any of the worst, I'd only make myself mad.

Instead, I'll talk about a day that actually happaned during that period, though this particular day wasn't about emotional trauma as much as just being strange. You see, at the time, i was living in a rather bad neighboorhood and went to a pretty crappy school. It sucked for me being one of about 5 white kids in the building cuz next to no one ever talked to me and stuff. About 3 weeks before we moved away from there was a particular incident that was memorably zany.

At my school, there was this one guy who was like the hall monitor guy or otherwise disciplinary officer of the school - he was pretty useless, but he would get you in trouble for stupid **** (you had to keep your shirt tucked in at all times, for example, though we only did so when he was around.) The guy was basically a freak cuz he didn't seem to have a brain or any sense whatsoever, and he abused his so-called power like crazy. On this day, that guy as well as the officers who worked at our school came into the classroom because they were going to do a backpack check. They lined all the students up against the walls and started going through all the desks and backpacks in the room!

So the crazy man goes into my backback and pulls out my scissors. I was using one of those big pairs of scissors, and this maniac pulls them out and starts going 'who's is this? Who's backpack is this?' and ****. Me being honest raised my hand timidly and was called forth.

'What ere you doing with these?!' what should I say? 'um... it's a pair of scissors' 'but what were you doing with them?!' what the ****? He's never used scissors before? Are you serious? So this guy starts telling me that I can be prosecuted for this, that I might be expelled and promises me that I'm going to get in trouble. He puts the things in a manilla envelope and everything and hands it to an officer! Needless to say I was freaking out for the rest of the day. Thank god i never heard about that again... I guess he really was all talk...

------

EDIT: Actually, i completely forgot about one from when I was in 3rd grade that I usually qualify as my worst day ever and the one that has had the biggest negative impact on my life.

You see, when I was in first and second grade I always had excellent grades in school and stuff and everyone always said how smart I was and I decent friends and such. In third grade, I went to a 'gifted school' instead of my regular school because I was so smart or whatever. Unfortuanetally I probably wasn't ready for it, because I started getting Cs. Now, these days, if I get a C I think I was lucky, because these days I honestly don't give a rats *** about my grades,and this is part of the reason why.

But back then, my mom would always get really angry at me for getting bad grades, so I thought it was some kind of horrible thing to do bad in school. I also thought that if I got a D I would get kicked out of school or something. I wasn't at all ready for that pressure, though. I'm not that hard a worker at all, and I remmber days where my mom would tell me to do my homework when I got home and i would end up doing it up to four hours simply because I could never bring myself to get it right. I've always had this problem with homework and in the past 2 years I've practically not done any of the homework I've been assigned.

Also at the time, I was always picked on because I had long hair and wore glasses and I was the only kid who still liked okemon and wore t-shorts of it every dya. I was also short and weak. Kids would do lots of mean things to me (and did till like 8th grade) and one day I finally couldn't take it any more. I was only like 8 years old and I remember going into my baby brother's room where there were all these beenie babies hung up on these flat white clothespins. Some of the bigger beanies were in a pile at the bottom of the line, so I sat in the pile crying my eyes out. I took two of the clothespins and clamped one over my nose and one of my lips in an attempt to suffocate myself. It was a dumb way to try and do so, but I was only 8 so i guess I didn't know better, but the things hurt too much to keep them on long enough.

I attribute all of my many future suicide attempts to that first incident driving me over the edge. Just hinking about it makes me sick to my stomach - no 8 year old should ever be driven to make that kind of desicion, and thank god I was so misguided about how to do it.[/COLOR]