OtakuBoards

Embarrassing & Yet Fun Things That You Do

Rachmaninoff

[quote name='SunfallE'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]Oh good lord! I adore that song! :catgirl: As well as Life and Rock My Heart by Haddaway. Now I'm going to have to go and pull that CD out and listen to it! lol As well as watch Night At The Roxbury again since I haven't seen that since it was out in the theaters. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I've been meaning to try and get the DVD of Night at the Roxbury, but I'm afraid that without Jim Carrey in it, I won't find it as funny. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Retribution][FONT=Arial]I'd probably list [B]visiting Otakuboards[/B'] as an embarrasing yet fun thing to do.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Ditto.

Also, I enjoy paying attention to [B]fashion[/B], though apparently that's not the stereotypical male thing to do.

Good ol' gender roles.

[/SIZE]

[color=#606060]It's funny people mention OB...pretty much everyone around me in real life knows about OB and nobody cares. Maybe it's a cultural difference. Either that or it's because I'm an adult and not in high school anymore, lol.

I suppose the most embarassing thing I can think of is voice acting. I have always been really good at accents and mimmicking other people's voices - so much so that many people over the years have suggested that I either go for a career in radio or full-time voice acting.

But I'm usually too embarassed to demonstrate it to people I don't know - although my family has heard the full range, lol. This embarassment is probably what's actually kept me from pursuing a career in that field, actually.

A good friend of mine is a voice actor but for him it comes very naturally because he's a pretty outgoing person in real life anyway. So I suppose it isn't much of a leap for him to perform a voice - especially when he's been on stage and in front of a film camera before.[/color]

Well besides being a 31 year old woman who is obsessed with anime, goes to conventions in cosplay and loves video games? Most of my other things I do are pretty lame. lol

There are lots of things I do that are pretty embarrassing. I love 80's music, especially hair bands and have to sing along. I should note that I am not a singer. For this very reason I love karaoke. I also love to sing while I play Guitar Hero. The newest 80's Guitar Hero has made me happy. Now I can be the true 80's rock god I was intended to be.

I can't wait til Rock Band comes out. I need to recruit some band members...

[color=darkred]I'm insecure about admitting my embarrasing secrets to anyone because when I use to mention things to my brothers they'd seriously take the piss out of me for it. It's fun for a while, but when they start telling everyone I know and just mention it freely then that's annoying. I wouldn't do it to them. Holes of arses.

So yeah, they die with me.[/color]

When I am sparring with my friends on in the dojo, I usually, for some weird reason, mimic the sound effect of a punch or a sword without even noticing it depending of if I am doing Karate or Ken-jutsu lessons, all of that makes my opponent tease me for a while after the lessons. I can't quite get rid of this habit.

[quote name='IHZ']When I am sparring with my friends on in the dojo, I usually, for some weird reason, mimic the sound effect of a punch or a sword without even noticing it depending of if I am doing Karate or Ken-jutsu lessons, all of that makes my opponent tease me for a while after the lessons. I can't quite get rid of this habit.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Actually I wouldn't worry about that... I'm not sure, but when I used to go to Tae Kwon-Do lessons, we were told to make umm... noises... =/. Sorry, I have no better way to describe it, haha, I'm not sure [i]why[/i] we were told to make noises when punching or kicking, either.

Unless you mean the 'pow!' noises like in comic books - then I really can't defend your habit ;). Hehe, sorry.

One of the most embarrassing things I do is taken from a friend of mine. He's a big damn [nice] punk and his life revolves entirely around music. We have one thing in common, that we both like the Manic Street Preachers and a few other old bands. Randomly, he blurts out lyrics in this odd British accent, a real punky vocalist. I picked up the habit of doing that when people are playing some songs I know... it's bad. Very bad.

[strike]Does smoking count?[/strike]

To my friends, going to Waterstones and reading most of the books (without buying) is embarrassing. It makes me a geek, apparently, haha. But hey, it's free education. Although it is rather embarrassing that I can't afford Waterstones...

Oh, and when I get angry it's embarrassing. Both 'pretend' angry and real angry, if you get me. But both are fun... except when people are filming it. Twats.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Georgia"]I've taken up dancing at work when it's really slow. I pick a horrible song with a great beat, turn it up really loud, and just dance. I'm pretty sure it scares away customers, but at the same time it's really funny to see people's reactions. My store is in the middle of two escalators and people on the top level can see down into the store. I've had one or two people stop up there to watch me, and tons of people stop mid sentence going up or down the escalators to stare. I'm gonna become mall-famous :cool:[/FONT]

[quote name='Panda']Well besides being a 31 year old woman who is obsessed with anime, goes to conventions in cosplay and loves video games?[/QUOTE]Personally I think that's pretty cool. Especially the cosplay bit. However, since I'll be going to my first anime convention next month [[SIZE="1"]I'm not brave enough to cosplay though[/SIZE]] my roommates and friends are already twitting me about it. Since they've been trying to get me to go to rock concerts. XP So the whole thing is a '[I]You'll got to something related to anime but not music?[/I]' Feh! Rock is all right, but it's just not the same.

Well the most embarrassing thing I did is when I tend to win at something I suck at, I dance like a chicken for about a good minute. Yet I love observing my friends or my siblings faces once Im done, practically hilarious.

Singing in a different voice is also something I do, I sound like a runt singing some heavy metal lyrics. Yet, I have a blast getting my brush and pretend it?s the microphone. Including air guitar when I don?t know how the chords are even play at a very well made solo.

Cosplay! I never dressed up for Halloween nor cosplayed in a convention. Now next year?s anime expo I will be attending and I will be thrilled to dress up something Im not for the first time in my life.

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"]I like to call animals in a stupidly crazy voice. Y'know the one I'm talking about where you repeat the same phrase over and over again and you eventually stop enunciating at all and your voice becomes really really high pictched. I wouldn't do it in front of others, but I enjoy to do it because of the mad love I have for my dog. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Sadly, whenever its really quiet, I break the silence by proclaiming the moment a "gay baby moment"
Everytime theres an akward silence a gay baby is born *would doesn't really phase me but a lot of homophobes take it offensively* And I say random perverted words alot to get people laughing, meh, I guess you have to be a retard to actually laugh at meh xD