OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm currently playing [B]In the Groove[/B] for the PS2 . It's an awesome game and much harder than DDR. It's a great way to improve your DDR game in the process, since the patterns are more difficult and some of the steps are way beyond the level of the more challenging DDR songs.

Meh, I guess I just like to step on arrows. :animesigh[/FONT]

I'm a bit of a classic game player - not really into Xbox 360/ Playstation 3.
I tend to go for the older systems (Hey, $3-5 for a game; can't beat that!).

For what I'm currently playing:
Sega Dreamcast = Tennis 2K2, Just finished Grandia II
Super NES = Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Well, I just bought [B]Final Fantasy IX[/B], so I have been playing alot of that lately. I have just reached Gizmalauke's Grotto, and my characters are maxed out at the moment. Zidane and Freya are at Level 16, Quina is at 14, and poor Vivi is only at level 11.

Right now, I am enjoying it immensely. The story is entertaining and humorous, and the gameplay is loads of fun. Of course, when I was grinding Zidane before the Festival of Beasts, the number of times I was forced to restart thanks to those monsters that would cast sleep on me was more than frustrating.

On my Wii, I'm playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Mario Kart Wii.

Fire Emblem, I just got this a couple of weeks ago and I'm a little more than half-way done. Although I could use some advice for Chapter 22 if anyone's willing to help me out.

Mario Kart Wii, someone give me their friend code, I need some friends on there since none of my local friends have the game yet. I absolutely love this game. Got it tuesday. So very much fun. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good racing game.

[SIZE=1] finished the campaign of [B][U] Call Of Duty IV[/B][/U] about two months ago which had some tough sections, even on standard difficulty, playing the game I learned: that a man shouldnt go in with his machine gun just going off, [B][U] YOU WILL GET SHOT.[/B][/U] it's taught me how to utlize the enviroment around me, and that teamwork does pay off [while playing live at a friends house]

now I'm at another dilemma, purchase [B][U] Grand Theft Auto IV[/B][/U] or get live for [B][U] Rock Band[/B][/U]?[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I was playing [b]Kingdom Hearts 2[/b] for a couple of days. (Tales of the Abyss was sold out by the time I came to a decision) Beat it yesterday. It only took about 4 days or so.... I'm thinking about replaying it on proud mode or whatever it's called. I like to start things off on easy and then work my way up. The cutscenes are great, and I like the button mashing and whatnot, but Sora, Donald and Goofy really got on my nerves. Ranging from stupidity to being naive (as usual), it's tedious. Not as bad as the first KH though.

Anyway, now I've went back to playing [b]The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time[/b]. (Got the missing cord and center piece) I've forgotten how annoying some of the puzzles and dungeons/temples are. Well, not the puzzles, but you get my drift. Having to go back and forth from room to room searching for keys can get tiring as well.

And I know I'm in for a pickle once I hit the water temple. That's my most hated temple outside of the shadow temple. Having me going around in circles only to find out that I missed/needed to do something simple can sort of crush ones spirit ^^. I recently finished the forest temple though. Disappointed that I got hit by the boss in our tennis match, but I'm still getting used to everything. Coming back to an unfinished game after several months (almost a year I think) has passed is sort of hard to recover from XD.

In any case, I also have [b]Devil May Cry 3[/b] (beaten already) that I'm going to probably play again. Feels really good to play games that don't have anything to do with turn base.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
---------===========
EDIT:

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Putting Zelda aside for a moment. (Beat the fire temple.) Can't remember where I'm suppose to take this saw. (Carpenter's Saw, I believe it's called.)

Let's see. Yesterday was a good day. (Being accepted to U.T.I. and whatnot.) Got my hands on a brand new computer.. (good stuff) a 42" flat screen tv. And then the games..

[b]Genji: Dawn of the Samurai[/b] arrived in the mail yesterday. I've been killing time with that. I do like it and all. Has the same feeling as Onimusha 3. However, I like Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams over Genji and Onimusha 3.

What I don't like about Genji is the fact that the voices are in japanese with english subtitles. And there's no option to do a switch over. Now, it makes sense and all seeing that it's a samurai game. But I still prefer english. Another thing I don't like is that there is no block button. I suppose Capcom decided not to add a block because you can jump in it.

The graphics are great. (This is Capcom, I shouldn't expect anything less lol) While walking on the roads the water is pretty to look at.

This Kamui (slow time down) takes a bit of getting used to. You have to be picture perfect to get the timing down. It's no Shenmue or God of War, but it is pretty decent.

[b]Rogue Galaxy[/b] was also purchased yesterday as well. I had it once before, but I trade it in due to a lack of interest in games (in general) and wanting a Xbox. The first time I tried playing, it was only about a good 10 minutes worth, so I thought I'd give it another go.

And finally, [b]Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King (?)[/b] should be arriving soon. Like Rogue Galaxy, I had this before and traded it due to a lack of interest. (I blame Chrono Cross)

And then my mom bought the DS for herself along with this brain teasing game. So I may purchase a few games for that some day. Mainly the Castlevania games. And perhaps try out them Phoenix Wright games.

Edit 2:

Update on Genji. Turns out there is a block button in it. I just never took the time to read the manual :).[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I was playing [B]GTAIV[/B](for 360), but after completing the missions it started to get a little dull. I've always enjoyed roaming around GTA environments, but I'll be doing far less of that because there are so many other good games to play.

More recently I'm playing [B]Call of Duty 4[/B] and [B]Rainbow Six Vegas 2[/B] (also both for 360). I've had both of these games for months, but I'm still obsessed with the multiplayer, particularly ranking up and gaining equipment.

[B]Team Fortress 2[/B] (PC) still takes up some game time on the weekends, but I really have to be in a mood to play it. My computer chair isn't very comfortable.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I am still playing GTAIV, which I'm loving. It just keeps getting more interesting. But I'm playing it nice and slowly - I don't want to finish it too fast!

Also I re-bought Final Fantasy XII (which one of my siblings had originally borrowed and lost).

I had no save file so I've started again. In the original copy I was up to the first bout with the Judges... so I'm having to get back to where I was. Shouldn't take too long.

In any case, it's been enjoyable. This is one Final Fantasy that I really didn't want to miss out on.[/font]

[size=1][color=#4863A0]I am currently still playing Mario Kart: Wii as well as Counter-Strike Source for the PC. I wish I could run it on my Mac however I don't have Bootcamp or any of that good stuff installed.

MK:W I am working on the 150 CC races while playing in the WFC alot too. I don't really want to finish the whole game yet due to the fact that I like the anticipation of not knowing whats going to be unlocked next. Come to find out that winning WFC races also unlocks stuff, which to me is very cool.

CS:S on the other hand is very repetitive. I am currently on a CAL team and am working at becoming one of the top 5 spots so no matter what I'll be able to scrim unless I am not playing at the time. It seems like I don't really concentrate on this too much anymore because MK:W is just so much more fun.[/size][/color]

[color=#4B0082]I've been splitting my time between SSB Brawl and Guitar Hero II lately.

For Brawl I've been playing online against Treble. (What's with all these people being on my friends list but no one else ever being online, by the way? I have, like, eighteen registered friends.) It's been really fun and we've had some awesome 1v1 matches. We both hate fighting each other's main characters though; his Kirby always floating away after every hit pisses me off and my Marth's counters piss him off. :catgirl:

I started learning to play as Snake tonight. He's really hard to use?he's not intuitive [i]at all[/i]?but I saw him totally kicking *** in some videos on YouTube and decided I wanted a piece of that action. It's so awesome to use all his explosives to corner your opponent and then blow them away.

In Guitar Hero II I play the songs that I enjoy on hard and have stopped caring about moving up to expert difficulty. I just don't play often enough to get good on expert. But at least I've five-starred most of the main tracks on hard.[/color]

Man, it?s been a while since I posted in this thread, haha.

As Desbreko pointed out, we?ve been spending a lot of time playing against each other in Brawl. He?s a freaking beast with all the characters he plays with. I can barely put up a fight against him most of the time. We?ve had some close matches where I thought I had him, but he ends surprising me with all of his unpredictable moves. Nevertheless, fun, fun times indeed. ;)

But yes, I concur with Desbreko in that we need more people to play with online. Hopefully, most school finals should be done by now, and more people will have more free time to start playing again. Perhaps we could even start having some team matches. Eh? Eh? That would be nice.

As for other games, I?m still enjoying Mario Kart Wii. I?ve already obtained all of the gold medals for all of the Grand Prix mode, and I pretty much unlocked most of the things I wanted to unlock. Nowadays, I?m just building up my rank online against random people. Online races is the only thing that keeps me coming back to this game.

And then there?s all of the WiiWare games, which I?ve been struggling to find space for. I?ve only had a few Virtual Console games and I still had to send them to my 2 GB SD card in order to free up some space. Despite the storage issue, Lost Winds, Dr. Mario, and Toki-Tori are all enjoyable games. However, I think I?m going to save my impressions for next time whenever I?m not feeling too lazy.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I recently borrowed my friends [b]PS3[/b] and a couple games. So I've been playing a lot of [b]Half-Life 2[/b], which is amazing so far. I like the little puzzles mixed with great action and intriguing story. I also played a little [b]Uncharted[/b], which was pretty fun. It's very Indiana Jones-inspired, but with a twist.

My favourite of all, though, is [b]Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction[/b]. It's my first Ratchet game and I love it. It's a little bit childish but the game play is really fun (so many weapon choices) and the story is quite funny. The graphics are pretty amazing, too.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I beat Genji a couple of days ago, and turned my attention to [b]Rogue Galaxy[/b]. I'm currently on the second chapter and fought 2 treasure chest type monsters/enemies. It's a pretty interesting game.

Party members calling out suggestions and stuff can get a tad bit annoying, especially when near death because they call out suggestions too much, and then other stuff pops up on the screen, and trying to read it is a chore because it don't stay on the screen too long. (I think tips pop up on enemies weaknesses and whatnot. Can't confirm it.)

It can get pretty intense. I've died twice so far. I call myself trying to be reservative in using items, but it seems that the game forces you to rely on items since the enemies can do quite a bit of damage in 2-3 hits. I think I may try to use Zegram over Jaster for a bit. Just to see how he is.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Currently occupying my time is the game Grid while I wait for Metal Gear Solid 4. It's a very capable arcade racing game with an emphasis on different disciplines of racing. The main arch types being; American, European touring, and Japanese drift.

Though, you can make it as real as you want it to be but I think the makers wanted it to feel arcadey. I'd say check it out if you have any interest in racing games cause it sure tops my list of current favorite racing games.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I've been playing the Nights game for the Wii lately. It's really chidlish, but it passes the time. Also I went to a friend's house to play Guitar Hero for the first time. After about four hours I can get an average of 75% on the difficult level for most songs. I must be a Guitar Hero prodigy or something.

Also I went to the mall a week ago and totally busted my moves at DDR: Supernova. As always I rock, getting an A at difficult two out of three times and then falling off the board in a rush and hurting my ankle. That's why I usually don't try to beat Mugen.

My X-Box360 decided to go on strike or something, won't play anything. I sent it back to the company, and by the time I get it back I'm definately going to get X-Box live so I can make a good use of Halo 3. Without X-Box live it's pretty much the most useless game I have.

[SIZE=1] I've been playing GTA IV for the past couple of days, and I have to say it's pretty damned good.

really sucks that I have to return it tommorow.
I'll end up quelling my GTA fix with more Rock Band, heard that the new Disturbed tunes came out this week, I might download Inside The Fire along with all those other tunes I've been wanting.

other than GTA and Rock Band, I downloaded Audiosurf [demo] from steam this morning, and I just have to say, it's really addicting, aside from being a rythmn game, it's given me a chance to expand my playlist, what I dont understand is what is the difference between the demo and actually buying the game?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Grid and Ninja Gaiden 2.

One is perfect and the other could have been so much more. Can you guess? Be you'll be surprised.

Grid is the most perfect racing game I have ever played. There is a fine line between simulation and arcade and either the game crosses that line or it doesn't.

Codemasters decided; 'Hey, you know what? Why can't we have it all? Why not be able to race on tight technical track and then swap over and drift down Japanese mountain passes and then, heck, why not toss in destruction derby?'

Now, there are some things about the game that could have been better like the ability to customize your ride but it doesn't hamper the games ability to dish out the greatest racing experience on console video games. Aside from that it's the best looking racing game around and with some of the most realistic damage modeling I've ever seen. Puts Forza to shame.

Now, on another note I'm playing Ninja Gaiden 2 and while I love me some brutal super ninja-ing I can't help but wonder if the game SHOULD have been so much more. Ninja Gaiden 2 is certainly one of those games that tries to ride on the success of it's previous incarnation by bringing slight alterations to the table. Now, Gears of War 2 is going to look the same as it's predecessor and generally play the same but that sequel is only roughly 2 years apart as opposed to 4 years with Ninja Gaiden plus several attempts at making the first game even better.

Simply put; Ninja Gaiden 2 should have looked MUCH better, had a more consistent difficulty, had better more varied backgrounds, and and been as a whole more next-gen. This is not the Ninja Gaiden 2 people were waiting for. Sorry try again Team Ninja, with or without Tobunobu.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I borrowed my brother's SNES to play some older games like Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore. Naturally the graphics are pretty outdated and such. But it's kind of fun to take a trip back into older games like this. When I get done with those two I plan on playing Illusion of Gaia.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I restarted [B]Pokèmon Emerald Version[/B] the other day. I never use the grass starters, so I started with Treecko just to mix it up a little. I'm actually impressed. Lil' guy's pretty decent.

I also started to play Final Fantasy V. I got stuck a while ago right before the last crystal. Then I lost my file. Now I'm at the fire crystal again. Hopefully I'll be able to at least hurt those cannons again when I get there.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I just started playing [B]Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King[/B] So far I'm loving the cell shading and the characters. I'm not that far along but it looks like it's going to be a very interesting and fun game to play. I like have the choice to develop the characters in different skill sets instead of being stuck with just one. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I lost interst in Rogue Galaxy. It's messed up when a ton of disc error messages can make you lose interest in a game. In any case, I'm also playing [b]Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King[/b]. I'm loving this game. Like the poster above me stated, the cell shaded graphics are enjoyable. I also like the idea of being able to build your characters up differently with different types of skills. It's a lot more refreshing then giving characters materia.

I like this game a lot more than Final Fantasy X, which don't say much when since I can't stand that game lol. It's a lot better than the Kingdom Hearts series though.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest EternalMidnight
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, let's see...on my PS2 I've been playing Katamari Damancy. I'm still trying to make the Moon(so close, too!). I still need to go back and find the rest of the presents, I've only gotten the Crown.

On my Game Boy Advance SP(Jeebus! That's a long title) I've been playing a mix of Pokemon Gold Version and Kingdom Hearts:CoM. My gold game is kinda retarted, so I can't save my games..so I guess I could say that I'm still in the beginning? In KH:CoM, I'm in Reverse/Rebirth, on the Castle Oblivion level.[/COLOR]

[quote name='EternalMidnight'][COLOR="DarkRed"]On my Game Boy Advance SP(Jeebus! That's a long title) I've been playing a mix of Pokemon Gold Version and Kingdom Hearts:CoM. My gold game is kinda retarted, so I can't save my games..so I guess I could say that I'm still in the beginning? In KH:CoM, I'm in Reverse/Rebirth, on the Castle Oblivion level.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hmmmmmm...

Methinks someone's internal battery is running low. Normally I wouldn't recommend a ROM, but you DO own the game, so....[/FONT]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

[b]Battlefield: Bad Company[/b]. I downloaded the demo onto my X-Box yesterday and it is a BLAST! Easily the best multiplayer FPS on the 360 right now, taking away Call of Duty 4's finesse. Destructible enviroments, awesome (and numerous) vehicles, an original class-system, and NO martydo or juggernaut. Infinite sprint, a classic health system, plentiful ammunition, and a wealth of weapons to choose from. And that's just the multiplayer on ONE STAGE and ONE GAME TYPE over and over again. I'm no-where even near tired of it, due to the moving battlefield and constantly altering enviroments.

The single-player adds humor and a good campaign. And this is all coming form a demo. It's gonna be a definite buy for me.

I also picked up [b]Devil May Cry 4[/b] and [b]Grand Theft Auto 4[/b] (it's been a good year for the number four). Both of those are amazing, as I don't need to tell anyone. So that's what I'm playing.[/color][/size]