OtakuBoards

The First Ever OtakuBoards Presidential Election (Tell your friends!)

Charles

Do you have what it takes to become the first ever President of the Forums of OtakuBoards?

Here's how this is going to work: If enough people bother to sign up for this game, I'm going to have the participants divide themselves up into political parties. Your party can be big or small. Your party can consist of whomever you wish to allign yourselves with. Once you form your parties, it will be up to you to name your party, pick an animal to represent it, and perhaps even make up a logo featuring said animal.

And then--we'll take it from there.

Eventually we'll have official debates and the entire process will culminate into an official election that could perhaps take place in the Community Events forum. This thing could be pretty big if people get behind it.

If you're interested, please sign up with some basic information about yourself. You can choose how to present this. I suggest stating whether you are more liberal or conservative. What are your basic political views? Also, what are your views concerning OtakuBoards? Do you want to see drastic change or are you more conservative? With this informaiton, you will be able to divide yourselves into groups easier when the time comes.

Any questions, let me know.

Does it really have to be an animal? I mean, the symbol of the party? I know you Americans have your donkeys and elephants for some reason, but parties in European countries tend to use more abstract symbols in their logos. Stylished flowers are popular, but so are globes, people and mere letters as well.

So... does it matter if the symbol isn't an animal?

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Oh why the hell not?[/i]

Name: Katherina Wessels

Sex: PG has implied sex Sandy....all the time. Oh yes and Monica Lewinsky was an INTERN?

Biography: Perfect attention to detail, office keeping skills of any military man, and the body of a Victoria's Secret model, Katherina is an excellent addition to any political candidate's office. Highly ornamental, known for her firm sticking to 'declined to state' status, but occasionally overtaken by bouts of conservatism, she's a hot commodity. Bought and traded like a baseball card, Katherina's been sent to more meetings and functions then the average personal assistant. It could be just me, but I think her cleavage is to blame. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']Does it really have to be an animal? I mean, the symbol of the party? I know you Americans have your donkeys and elephants for some reason, but parties in European countries tend to use more abstract symbols in their logos. Stylished flowers are popular, but so are globes, people and mere letters as well.

So... does it matter if the symbol isn't an animal?[/QUOTE]

Haha, nah, that's a good point.

It doesn't have to be an animal. I guess I'm just trained to think a certain way in these things, heh.

[B]Edit[/B]: Come on now. What the hell. You morons let something good, like Project Gamer 2 never get off the ground, but now this? This is too good of an idea to pass up. This game has too much potential to simply be left to languish here. Get off of your lazy asses and sign up for my RPG so that we can all have fun or I'm going on a banning spree. :animesigh

This idea is unique; it would be a shame if we didn't at least give it a try. One thing I don't understand about OtakuBoards is how apathetic and lazy the user base can be.

God damn it. What is wrong with you people?

[quote name='Charles'][B]Edit[/B]: Come on now. What the hell. You morons let something good, like Project Gamer 2 never get off the ground, but now this? This is too good of an idea to pass up. This game has too much potential to simply be left to languish here. Get off of your lazy ***** and sign up for my RPG so that we can all have fun or I'm going on a banning spree. :animesigh

This idea is unique; it would be a shame if we didn't at least give it a try. One thing I don't understand about OtakuBoards is how apathetic and lazy the user base can be.[/quote]

Speaking of which, I restarted the motivational poster thread of yesteryear. care to give it a shot, Charles?

Anyway, I'll go for this:

Name: Ace Dockman (It's an alias. Sue me.)

Sex:No tha-oh. Male.

Viewpoint: I am generally in the midpoint. I don't really lean one way or the other. If something works, let it continue. If not, change it.

Viewpoint about the View: It's early morning pro wrestling with crazy middle-to senior-age women. Not my thing. (Where did this come from?)

Biography: Young, ambitious, and ready to serve the Otaku. I'll take a stand for what I believe is right, but not pursue it to the point of troll.

[quote name='Charles']Yeah, I'll be giving the motivational thread a shot.

Also, I like your sign up because honestly, this thing doesn't have to be oh-so-serious politics.

It's just a shame that more people don't "get it."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a shame tis isn't catching on. I was kind of looking forward to [SIZE="1"]ruling the world[/SIZE] some good debates. I wonder if I can get Sojiro back for a bit...

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Name[/B]: Johnathan Vicks

[B]Age[/B]: 20

[B]Sex[/B]: Male

I'm a staunch Neo-Radical Minarchist Non-Conformist Adhocratic Pantarcrat, and a member of the [B]National Radical Meadow Party[/B].

That being said, I am also a Nihilist Existential-Fatalist Pseudo-Muslim Solipsistic Post-Christian Liberal Fallibilist Anti-Aristotelian Fascist Right-Wing Yuppie Southpaw Jewish Pro-Forward-Advancement Democratic Self-Governing Carpet Bagger.

And I like [B]cats[/B].[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I'll give it a try.

Name: Jerome Resso

Sex: Male

Background: Moderator of [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57159"]"The Anime Feud"[/URL]

Political Beliefs: Slightly Conservative. Believes in the quote, "Do what is right, avoid what is wrong", "no promises" type of guy, supports change in OB if it's for the better. If given a choice, would prefer to be Independent, but still open to aligning with others.

You know what? Every day, usually multiple times a day, I'll go to OB, open a few forums that I feel I might get some entertainment out of, usually fail to, and hardly ever contribute anything of my own to the forum, so... what the heck. I'll try something like this for once.

Hi. I'm John Cook. I don't have any opinions until my lobbyists' checks have gone through, but I'll be more than happy to keep you updated on this.

[FONT=Georgia]Finally someone has the gall to put up something that we can all argue about...political views.

I'll sign up.

Name: Fayth Robertson (because using an alias is just plain cooler)
Political Party: The We bomb Dissidents...er....We encourage faith in our system party.
Symbol:[IMG]http://www.chaptercheats.com/downloads/avatar/200702190722326945serious%20sam%20bomb%20logo.gif[/IMG]
Background/political background: An older user of the boards, in senority, not age, Fayth Robertson (Who concidentally refuses to divulge his real name, even though everyone can see this a ruse) believes in an OB where the people rule and the Mod team is there to persuade dissidents to avoid stepping out in direct line of fire....er....to maintain a certain level of posting equal to that of the intelligence of the users inhabiting it. He believes in helping newer members learning the ropes and does his best to keep his credibility and his self image in only the best of lights. He has been known to throw some pretty wild parties on MyO, espcially that time where he and------

*The previous announcer of this campaign background has now been sacked.*

Moving on, Fayth Robertson, if elected President, promises to maintain the order of the boards with an iron fist....of love and care.[/FONT]

[I][B][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"]I'm Faith Robertson and I approved this post.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/I]

Guest The Blue Jihad
My only real motivation for this is to screw with you people.

So vote for me or get maimed horribly.

EDIT: My platform? My party? My politics? You don't need to know any of that. Just know that I'll promise [B][I][COLOR=Red]red hot dickings[/COLOR][/I][/B] for everyone.

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']EDIT: My platform? My party? My politics? You don't need to know any of that. Just know that I'll promise [B][I][COLOR=Red]red hot dickings[/COLOR][/I][/B] for everyone.[/quote] Well, you've got my vote.

My name is Jeremiah. I'm running for president because I want to share my vision for a better board with the constituency and would relish the opportunity to make it a reality.

We can learn from the past. One of my first tasks as a president would be to reinstate the link to OB on theotaku.com's sidebar. I would also work toward reinstating other gems like the classic OB Picture Forum, while leaving the trash, such as Newbie Lounge to its fate.

I do not beleive that OtakuBoard's is dying, it is an ever-changing and vibrant forum, that has grown and matured over the years. Since the life of the forum ultimately rests with a flow of new-blood members to replace those who leave in their own good time, I would work to encourage member growth with a wide range of strategies, keeping the forums in step with time soe they remain an enticing attraction for anime fans and non anime fans alike.

I look forward to representing the OtakuBoards as we look toward an exciting future, together.

[color=navy][size=1][font=garamond]Now now now, everyone calm down, the best hasn't even been introduced yet.

My name is Bryan, and I've been here (off and on) since 2001. Yeah, it's been a while. Anyway, here's the thing. OB rocks, I rock, you rock, so we all rock, right? Wrong! Not till I'm president. After I'm the president, well then OB will really rock. It's going to grow, it's going to be huge. Well not huge, maybe just better. I tend to like the small town feel of this board.

Furthermore I will push for a more thorough otakupedia. Otaku will continue to be a safe haven for all of us, however, if you don't vote for me, I can only imagine what will happen.

Desbresko will become the national otaku squire. (Atleast he'll obtain the official title) So basically, it's gonna be fun, real fun. I mean REALLLY fun. The kinda fun that Raiha likes. So vote for me ;)[/color][/size][/font]

• 5 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]I know I'm a bit late, but maybe I'll bring some renewed interest.

[center]•••[/center]

The ambient light dims until all that is visible is a single circle cast by a spotlight at center stage. Slowly from the side of the stage the red tip of a cigarette is seen making it's way to to the spot. It stops halfway there, rising, glowing brightly, then falling to the floor, extinguishing. A man steps into the light, dressed in a camouflage shirt and pants, a black sash over one shoulder with silver medallions emblazoned on it, military issue boots laced up to mid calf, a black beret on his head and a M-4 Carbine assault rifle across his chest.

"I!" His eyes survey the onlookers, attempting to look into each one of theirs. "Am Corey Lenser! I am with The Peoples Republic of Otaku! Each one of you have a duty to your boards." Pause for dramatic effect. "A duty to not allow a controlling, tax-raising, job-relocating, WOMD-fearing, mod-rodding, backpedaling contender into this position! Do not allow someone with the sole purpose of furthering their own extensive career to take over these boards!" He paused, deliberately adjusting the rifle, bowing his head.

"I have proof." He raises his head slightly, eyes still hidden in the shadow of the beret. "Proof of my loyalty to you, the people of Otakuboards. Proof that I will do anything to make this place a utopia where everyone is given an equal voice. Where everyone can voice their concerns, while maintaining a zero tolerance policy in regard to [i]TERRORISTS[/i]!!" He thrust his fists into the air, as the crowd cheered. "That is to say spammers, flamers, and trollers." He glances offstage, a small smile spreading over his face.

"I have proof..." He walks offstage, and disappears. The snap of a bone and an agonizing scream echo from behind the curtain. He reappears with an associate hauling a semi-conscious, handcuffed man with a black bag over his head, clothed in only a pair of bloodied, torn jeans. "This man has been disgracing this good nation with his attacks since it was formed. He has been exiled, publicly humiliated, reviled and pitied. But this nation has no room for pity..." His associate backhands the masked man. A small trickle of blood begins running from the bag. "Some of you might not know this man. He came around before your time, if this is the case. But he should be no less revolted for that fact. He has been on the run for a long time, but as proof of my dedication to this great nation I have spent the money, time, and countless nights tracking him down." Corey's eyes narrow to slits. "Ladies and Gentlemen... May I present to you..." He grabs hold of the top of the bag and yanks it off.

"Kuja." The hackers jaw hangs at an obviously broken angle. He whines, incapable of speech, tears seeping out of his eyes, arms restrained behind his back, he's forced to his knees. "You have been tried, and found guilty. Your punishment is death." Corey removes a hidden pistol from the back of his waistband. Takes aim, and fires once. Kuja drops to the floor with a dull, lifeless thud, a small hole right above his left ear.

"That is my proof, my fellow members. My proof that I will not abandon you in your hour of need. That I will not settle for second best when we deserve the top tier. We are strong. We are united. We are... OTAKU!" The spotlight switches off, bathing the hall in darkness. The crowds cheers rock the highest beam. The lights flash back to life as the candidate is nowhere to be seen. Hung from the front of the curtain is a large black flag with a bloodied red fist. Under the image 'Power through Unity'.[/SIZE]