OtakuBoards

Otakuboards eBay

TheResplendent

[FONT="Tahoma"]An interesting concept for a sort of game I had gotten. What this idea entails is pretty much taking anything from OB, whether it be a thread or something having to do with a member, something virtually well known enough for most people to appreciate the post, and putting it/him/her on sale on eBay.

This should include what the item is, the price, and a description of the item, pretty much anything in classic eBay format. I shall start it off with an example:

[center]* * * * *[/center]

[b]Item[/b]:[u]SunfallE's "E"[/u]
[b]Seller:[/b] BKStyles (2129)
[b]Price:[/b] 39.99
[b]S&H:[/b] 4.98
[b]Condition:[/b]Used

[b]Item Description[/b]: You are bidding on the very "E" in Otaku Lounge moderator SunfallE's name! As a personal collector of all sorts of things rare and common, I have personally taken the E off of her name and you can be the lucky owner of a used, but a very good condition "E"!

Without her "E", SunfallE is just Sunfall. Be the owner of this historical event in which one of OB's moderators will have to be forced to be known by only part of her name! Own her "E" now! Put it on your name:

[center][img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Bklynstyles/AE.png[/img]
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Bklynstyles/SE.png[/img]
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Bklynstyles/DBE.png[/img][/center]

Put it on your wall! Or wear it around your neck! You can do pretty much anything with SunfallE's "E"!

Don't delay on this extraordinary deal! Next day shipping is available, paypal preferred. All sales are final, there will be [b][u]NO REFUNDS[/b][/u]. Bid with confidence, and enjoy SunfallE's "E" now!

[center]* * * * *[/center]

Hope it catches on, just thought it would be interesting to give it a try.[/FONT]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]And here I thought this was a topic about out eBay buying habits. :animesigh

At the risk of a castigation from Beth, I just don't think her "E" is worth 39.99, maybe start at 1 cent and work your way up with bids. It'd be more fun that way. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]And here I thought this was a topic about out eBay buying habits. :animesigh

At the risk of a castigation from Beth, I just don't think her "E" is worth 39.99, maybe start at 1 cent and work your way up with bids. It'd be more fun that way. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Would be quite redundant and spammy if part of the game was to place bids for something fictitious. The actual point of interest would be the creativity and humor put into the item description, but hey knock yourself out. If you wanna talk about eBay buying habits, then knock yourself out as well. Doesn't matter to me, jus wanted to give the idea a shot. [/font]

Perhaps the question here is how Matt supposedly got the E in the first place. Knowing Beth... It's likely that he stole it. Since I can't imagine her just handing it over. lol In which case I say we track down Matt's e-bay account and beat him up. :p Or simply snatch the BK from his user name and sell it for a penny. Sounds about right to me.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Rachmaninoff'] Or simply snatch the BK from his user name and sell it for a penny. Sounds about right to me.[/QUOTE]I'm sure I have a penny somewhere... Though I'd be willing to be generous and give you two. lol

Anyway, oh how people are missing out on a bit of silly fun here. Mock bids on items and not to be taken seriously or such. So, in the spirit that this thread is intended, I propose that the next item to consider would be the custom title: [B]The Irishman[/B] from Gavin's profile. ;)

I mean what woman doesn't want an Irishman? Or what guy doesn't what the chance to be one so he can get the ladies? And since Gavin suggested that starting from a penny would be a good way to go since the other price for the E seemed so expensive to Gavin, the starting bid for his custom Title is $0.01 Though if you wish it back, it will cost you more than that Gavin. lol :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]I'm sure I have a penny somewhere... Though I'd be willing to be generous and give you two. lol

Anyway, oh how people are missing out on a bit of silly fun here. Mock bids on items and not to be taken seriously or such. So, in the spirit that this thread is intended, I propose that the next item to consider would be the custom title: [B]The Irishman[/B] from Gavin's profile. ;)

I mean what woman doesn't want an Irishman? Or what guy doesn't what the chance to be one so he can get the ladies? And since Gavin suggested that starting from a penny would be a good way to go since the other price for the E seemed so expensive to Gavin, the starting bid for his custom Title is $0.01 Though if you wish it back, it will cost you more than that Gavin. lol :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I bid a dime to get my BK back, damn extortionists. [/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Gavin;792269][SIZE="1"]At the risk of a castigation from Beth, I just don't think her "E" is worth 39.99, maybe start at 1 cent and work your way up with bids. It'd be more fun that way. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]Pfft! Thanks a lot traitor. [quote name='Rachmaninoff;792297]Perhaps the question here is how Matt supposedly got the E in the first place. Knowing Beth... It's likely that he stole it. Since I can't imagine her just handing it over. lol In which case I say we track down Matt's e-bay account and beat him up. :p Or simply snatch the BK from his user name and sell it for a penny. Sounds about right to me.[/QUOTE]Damn straight I didn't give it to him. XP So I'm all for clobbering Matt for doing so! :p[QUOTE=BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"']I bid a dime to get my BK back, damn extortionists. [/FONT][/quote]Hmmph, well I raise the bid to $0.15... Stealer of E's You'll have to do better than that to get the BK back. lol

Also... What a wacky thread! *pokes Matt* And since Gavin mentioned it... When it comes to e-bay, I almost always do the buy now option instead of bidding. I'm not interested in outbidding others to get something I really want. If I see something that catches my interest... I just get it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]So, in the spirit that this thread is intended, I propose that the next item to consider would be the custom title: [B]The Irishman[/B] from Gavin's profile. ;)

I mean what woman doesn't want an Irishman? Or what guy doesn't what the chance to be one so he can get the ladies? And since Gavin suggested that starting from a penny would be a good way to go since the other price for the E seemed so expensive to Gavin, the starting bid for his custom Title is $0.01 Though if you wish it back, it will cost you more than that Gavin. lol :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]:animeangr This means war.

On the same token, I'm offering up Crystia's [color=indigo][B]indigo font colour[/B][/color], that's right, now you too can post in her famed shade of purple in the Otaku Lounge. Want to pretend you're the infamous leader of the terrorist group known as Desbreko's Fangirls ? Or perhaps you want to use the font to frighten Rat Boy back into place, if so start bidding now, this handy-dandy font comes to you for only 1c, that's right, just 1c.

[[i]Pays the $1 Buy it Now price on my custom user title.[/i]][/SIZE]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Pfft! Thanks a lot traitor.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, sorry. :animeswea[/SIZE]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]When it comes to e-bay, I almost always do the buy now option instead of bidding. I'm not interested in outbidding others to get something I really want. If I see something that catches my interest... I just get it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm the same, the only time I'll ever get into bidding is if I see something I can't get anywhere else and there's only bidding available on it. Last thing I got that way as a old VHS of [b]The Last Starfighter[/b], because it kicked such ***. [/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][[i]Pays the $1 Buy it Now price on my custom user title.[/i]][/SIZE][/QUOTE]Oh hell! Just my luck for being too late to snatch that up. XP I would have so bought that custom title! :p Guess I'll just have to up the stakes on Matt's [B]BK[/B] and pass SunfallE's bid and offer $0.20 for it. After all... Pft! Matt tried to steal my dog the other day too! :animeangr

In fact that gives me an idea... I say he needs no [B]BK [/B]in there at all so next up is his custom title... [B]BK = Ratings[/B] Just think! Once I get the [B]BK[/B] you can have both for $0.50, a matched set if you will. Why would you want it? Cause seeing him running around with only the [B]styles[/B] for a user name would be pretty funny. :catgirl:

As for bidding habits. XP I don't have a credit card or a paypal account so I can't really use e-bay. I usually have to get my dad to do it when I want something, and in the rare times that he does... It's always a buy it now deal instead of bidding since he finds bidding annoying. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]:animeangr This means war.

On the same token, I'm offering up Crystia's [color=indigo][B]indigo font colour[/B][/color], that's right, now you too can post in her famed shade of purple in the Otaku Lounge. Want to pretend you're the infamous leader of the terrorist group known as Desbreko's Fangirls ? Or perhaps you want to use the font to frighten Rat Boy back into place, if so start bidding now, this handy-dandy font comes to you for only 1c, that's right, just 1c.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Oh fine! Be that way! lol [[SIZE="1"]hands over the $1 buy it now money for her font color[/SIZE]] The other terrorists would never let me hear the end of it otherwise! Heh.[quote name='Gavin;792347][SIZE="1"]I'm the same, the only time I'll ever get into bidding is if I see something I can't get anywhere else and there's only bidding available on it. Last thing I got that way as a old VHS of [b]The Last Starfighter[/b], because it kicked such ***. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]Same here. I rarely bid for anything. If it's reasonable at the buy it now price I simply buy it. [quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]In fact that gives me an idea... I say he needs no [B]BK [/B]in there at all so next up is his custom title... [B]BK = Ratings[/B] Just think! Once I get the [B]BK[/B] you can have both for $0.50, a matched set if you will. Why would you want it? Cause seeing him running around with only the [B]styles[/B] for a user name would be pretty funny. :catgirl:[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Oh I agree, it would be pretty funny so I'll hand over the required $0.50 and make[B] styles[/B] come to me to get it all back. lol After all he's had plenty of time to come and get it. Especially since I know he was online just yesterday evening. :p

Anyway... *looks for another victim* I say this time we go with a person and that would be [B]DeathKnight[/B]. I think descriptions as to why someone would want to have [B]DeathKnight [/B]are unnecessary. If you don't know why you would want him... you need help. lol So I'll start that at the standard $0.01 for bidding. Unless you want to buy yourself back DK, in which case the buy it now price is $1 ;)[/COLOR]

[quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]I bid a dime to get my BK back, damn extortionists. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well I'd like to buy the BK for $1.50... and since I do this on Ebay all the time... I'll put in a bid of 0.04 euros for the [b]deathknight[/b] No, I don't have any euros, but I'm sure I can go get my money exchanged at the bank.

Oh yeah, I'm selling my font (I'm not all that familiar with you all on here.. so I can't just up and sell someone... yet)

Item: CHW's Font
Seller: Chibi Horsewoman
Price: $1.50 USD
S&H: $3.67 USD (please include that CDS thing for Canadian buyers)
Condition:Used

item description: Like the fancy schmancy font that the Obscure Chibi Horsewoman uses? Well now you can buy it for yourself and she can go back to being like everyone else.

This font comes from a clean smoke free home. Shows no signs of teeth marks or chipping. Minor damage from being gently played with.

Buyer is soley responsible for any irreprehensible damage caused by item. There is no refund if this font doesn't work on your computer.

I only accept Paypal. No personal checks... money orders or offers of personal service[/color][/font]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well I'd like to buy the BK for $1.50... [/color][/font][/QUOTE]Hehe, it's too late... >_> I already sold it to indifference. XP And since I'm here... I up the bid on DeathKnight to 0.06 euros! :p

Oh and I don't have anything to offer at the moment, especially since if I had Desbreko? I'd just keep him for myself! XD[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hehe, it's too late... >_> I already sold it to indifference. XP And since I'm here... I up the bid on DeathKnight to 0.06 euros! :p[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=lucida calligraphy][color=#9933ff]I'll see your bid and raise you 0.20 euros... I have no idea why, I just want to win something.

Oh yeah I have a new item:

Item: CHW's signature
Seller: CHW
Starting Bid: 5£
Buy Now: 10£
S&H: 7.98£
Condition: Like New

Item discription: The overly crowded mess of stuff that is Chibi Horsewoman's signature is now on the auction block. You can put whatever you want (within reason) in the space.

Just think: You could leave a bunch of random gibberish in someone else's signature and she can't do a damn thing about it.

Item comes from a clean smoke free, sanity free environment Looks great with CHW's font.[/color][/font]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I would have bought the E for sure were it not that I already have the character limit in my name.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Say what you will, Rat Boy. According to the rules I can put you up for bid!

How about it? anyone want an annoying, psychotic Otaku who lives in his parent's basement and fends off rats? He'll grow on ya, trust me! Plus, you'll love him. Unfortunately, as I have discovered, it's impossible not to.

(Actually, this sounds like the kind of description I'd give myself. Go fig.)

Asking price: Howzabout I pay you? :animesmil

[quote name='Aceburner']Say what you will, Rat Boy. According to the rules I can put you up for bid!

How about it? anyone want an annoying, psychotic Otaku who lives in his parent's basement and fends off rats? He'll grow on ya, trust me! Plus, you'll love him. Unfortunately, as I have discovered, it's impossible not to.

(Actually, this sounds like the kind of description I'd give myself. Go fig.)

Asking price: Howzabout I pay you? :animesmil[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] It's late. So I'll bid 33¢
to start and a can of cheese whiz[/color][/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Hmmm... I say that it looks like [B]DeathKnight[/B] is going to [B]ChibiHorsewoman[/B], enjoy! ;)

So that means I need to put something else up yes? Hmm... I suppose since BKstyles already picked on SunfallE how about I pick on the other moderator of OL? So with that in mind I place [B]Rachmaninoff[/B] up for sale.

Why would you want him? If you love classical music, having your own musician would certainly be fun. Unless you don't like the Cello. lol And yes he really is good at playing since music is his career, at least it better be after all the money he wasted on buying a more expensive instrument! Anyway... The starting bid on that is of course $0.01 and like DeathKnight, if you want to buy yourself back Rach it'll cost you more than just a penny. :p [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]So with that in mind I place [B]Rachmaninoff[/B] up for sale.

Why would you want him? If you love classical music, having your own musician would certainly be fun. Unless you don't like the Cello. lol And yes he really is good at playing since music is his career, at least it better be after all the money he wasted on buying a more expensive instrument! Anyway... The starting bid on that is of course $0.01 and like DeathKnight, if you want to buy yourself back Rach it'll cost you more than just a penny. :p [/COLOR][/QUOTE]o_O It's bad enough that Matt stole Beth's E but you're going to shamelessly attempt to sell me? Damn extortionist! Just how much more than a penny are we talking about here. For me to supposedly buy myself back that is. XP

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]So that means I need to put something else up yes? Hmm... I suppose since BKstyles already picked on SunfallE how about I pick on the other moderator of OL? So with that in mind I place [B]Rachmaninoff[/B] up for sale.

Why would you want him? If you love classical music, having your own musician would certainly be fun. Unless you don't like the Cello. lol And yes he really is good at playing since music is his career, at least it better be after all the money he wasted on buying a more expensive instrument! Anyway... The starting bid on that is of course $0.01 and like DeathKnight, if you want to buy yourself back Rach it'll cost you more than just a penny. :p [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Like Gavin said earlier... This means war! :animeangr First of all [[SIZE="1"][B]hands over the $10 buy him now price[/B][/SIZE]] and second... How could you steal my online hubby and attempt to sell him! Gah!

Just for that I put [B]Crystia[/B] up for sell! If you thought having her Indigo font color was cool, just imagine how cool it would be to have [B]Crystia[/B] aka [B]indifference[/b] the[b] Category Moderator[/b] of[b] Entertainment [/B]to do whatever you wanted with! All for the starting bid of $0.01 However, a disclaimer if you will... Depending on what you buy her for... you have to accept any and all liability if she should decide to ban your butt if you upset her. >_> We hold no responsibility in regards to the outcome of this purchase. And there will be no refunds either.

As for [B]Rat Boy[/B], I'll out bid [B]ChibiHorsewoman[/B] and offer $5 for him. So I can smack him for wanting to buy my E. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Like Gavin said earlier... This means war! :animeangr First of all [[SIZE="1"][B]hands over the $10 buy him now price[/B][/SIZE]] and second... How could you steal my online hubby and attempt to sell him! Gah!

Just for that I put [B]Crystia[/B] up for sell! If you thought having her Indigo font color was cool, just imagine how cool it would be to have [B]Crystia[/B] aka [B]indifference[/b] the[b] Category Moderator[/b] of[b] Entertainment [/B]to do whatever you wanted with! All for the starting bid of $0.01 However, a disclaimer if you will... Depending on what you buy her for... you have to accept any and all liability if she should decide to ban your butt if you upset her. >_> We hold no responsibility in regards to the outcome of this purchase. And there will be no refunds either.

As for [B]Rat Boy[/B], I'll out bid [B]ChibiHorsewoman[/B] and offer $5 for him. So I can smack him for wanting to buy my E. :p [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]$200 for Crystia, I need to save the rest for...um...accessories ;). So do I win, do I win?[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]$200 for Crystia, I need to save the rest for...um...accessories ;). So do I win, do I win?[/FONT][/QUOTE]Does this mean I can't buy myself back for the buy it now price of $10 Beth? If not... Then that's a problem. Me being able to actually out bid that price, especially since I just put in an order for a new custom build computer so I'm 100% broke at the moment. I wouldn't even have the $10 except for what I got from you paying the buy it back price for Rach Beth. lol [/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
As for [B]Rat Boy[/B], I'll out bid [B]ChibiHorsewoman[/B] and offer $5 for him. So I can smack him for wanting to buy my E. :p [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] Pah I'll see your five bucks and raise it to 30 euros (Right now the Euro is higher than the dollar, so there ya go CHW for the win. I need an evening babysitter and someone to take a few of my clients![/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] Pah I'll see your five bucks and raise it to 30 euros (Right now the Euro is higher than the dollar, so there ya go CHW for the win. I need an evening babysitter and someone to take a few of my clients![/color][/font][/QUOTE]

I can imagine his response now... "You think I'm appropriate for CHILDREN?! Like the kind that watch... PUBLIC TELEVISION?!" [/blatant Strong Bad ripoff]

Also, I think I'll sell... The Super Smash Bros. Brawl thread! Who else feels like wasting their free time arguing over whether wifi NEEDS communication or not!