OtakuBoards

Heavy Metal: A Head Banger's Discussion Thread

Justin

[COLOR="77656"]No Panache, no. Not all good metal bands are satanists. And who siad soome of them are, it could just be a scene thing. Who knows, there could be a super good band out there and the message they send is love Jesus.

Anyways, enough about what makes good metal, time to talk about a metal band. Ahem, I bought Blood Mountain today, even though I procrastinated most of the time, I finally got it, with a DVD too. Right now I'm half way through Capillarian Crest, and teh whole album is amazing so far. Can't wait for the last song which is clocked at 22 mintues and counting.

I'll post a full review when I'm finished.[/COLOR]

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]No Panache, no. Not all good metal bands are satanists. And who siad soome of them are, it could just be a scene thing. Who knows, there could be a super good band out there and the message they send is love Jesus.

Anyways, enough about what makes good metal, time to talk about a metal band. Ahem, I bought Blood Mountain today, even though I procrastinated most of the time, I finally got it, with a DVD too. Right now I'm half way through Capillarian Crest, and teh whole album is amazing so far. Can't wait for the last song which is clocked at 22 mintues and counting.

I'll post a full review when I'm finished.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Sorry to disappoint, as I was, bbut that song is only 7 minutes, then you wait the remaining 15 for a dumb message, lol. Still on eof the best songs on there thuogh.

Capillarian Crest is a riffgasm.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]No Panache, no. Not all good metal bands are satanists. And who siad soome of them are, it could just be a scene thing. Who knows, there could be a super good band out there and the message they send is love Jesus.[/QUOTE]...Sarcasm...that was pretty obvious sarcasm...

[quote name='Jakehammaren']Nope. You're wrong.[/QUOTE]

Aw, shoot. I got Jake'd. XD

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]No Panache, no. Not all good metal bands are satanists. And who siad soome of them are, it could just be a scene thing. Who knows, there could be a super good band out there and the message they send is love Jesus.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yes, but unfortunately, loving Jesus makes me want to stop listening to them. Immediately.

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]Anyways, enough about what makes good metal, time to talk about a metal band. Ahem, I bought Blood Mountain today, even though I procrastinated most of the time, I finally got it, with a DVD too. Right now I'm half way through Capillarian Crest, and teh whole album is amazing so far. Can't wait for the last song which is clocked at 22 mintues and counting.

I'll post a full review when I'm finished.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Mastodon is a decent band, but their Blood Mountain album, for me, was very hit-or-miss. Some of the songs were well-written and performed, but most of them got boring after hearing the first few seconds.

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]I skipped right to the ast song, I was enraged. A message in silence? What is it? Waste time to hear a message that I couln't hear. But the first mintues were great. And I agree about Capilarian Crest[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]It's a fan message by Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, about a minute before the song ends. And if you say anything negative about Josh Homme I will find you and eat your soul.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="77656"]I like Queens of the Stone age, so why would I want to bad mouth Josh Homme? I don't have any albums mind you, but I like them.

I thought Bladecatcher was an awesome song, among hte best on the album, along with Colony of Birchmen, Capillarian Crest and Hand of Stone.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="77656"]I bought an issue of Metal Edge today. Metal Edge... whatever. Well I got it becuase it had an interview with Claudio Snachez. But to the point. It came with a CD of 15 songs, and an Electric Wizard song was on it . Good song, but I'm not convinced as to why you like them. It also ahd a funny guide to naming a metal band, it was by some guy from Ackercocke. Who BTW, are satanists.

The magazine has some metal, rock and metalcore, so they should rename the mag. The only metal magazine that's has mostly metal is Metal Mania.[/COLOR]

[quote name='0ber0n the Neko']Dopethrone, IMO, is their best. Check out Vinum Sabbathi and the title track. Slowest and heaviest stoner doom out there.[/QUOTE]
I had that song long before I had Dopethrone. But I got dopethrone for Christmas. And I wasn't saying witchcult was the best. I was just saying it was really good. Any real Electric Wizard fan has to have heard at least one song on dopethrone...

My favorite song on that album is we hate you...mostly because of the message(guess what it is!)

Electric Wizard sucks because they don't record in frostbitten forests beneath the ancient Northern fullmoon amidst weeping oaks and silent pines that are cloaked in the white robes of winter while the wolf howls cryptic tales of forgotten misery to eldritch gods upon astral thrones of antediluvean grandeur. Have you all learned nothing?

And don't steal any of that. I think I'll use it as lyrics.

[quote name='Jakehammaren']Electric Wizard sucks because they don't record in frostbitten forests beneath the ancient Northern fullmoon amidst weeping oaks and silent pines that are cloaked in the white robes of winter while the wolf howls cryptic tales of forgotten misery to eldritch gods upon astral thrones of antediluvean grandeur. Have you all learned nothing?

And don't steal any of that. I think I'll use it as lyrics.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Hardly doom at its best. Maybe stoner metal at it's best, but definitely not doom.[/QUOTE] But what about when you said this? And when you said they were good(couldn't find that post).(I know you weren't being serious)

[quote name='Jakehammaren']Electric Wizard sucks because they don't record in frostbitten forests beneath the ancient Northern fullmoon amidst weeping oaks and silent pines that are cloaked in the white robes of winter while the wolf howls cryptic tales of forgotten misery to eldritch gods upon astral thrones of antediluvean grandeur. Have you all learned nothing?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That's the most beautiful thing I've ever read, Jake, I had no idea you were so linguistically talented. Reading it while listening to The Misshapen Steed is perfect. [/COLOR]

Didn't you hear? Their album was recorded in the monoliths of antarctica's ice as the mist receded, revealing a wasteland of frozen white, pale and untrodden by man as Odin smiled down from Asgard, crying out heathen mockeries to the new moon's black splendor, and the last light of day disappeared from the land, covering all in darkness eternal as silence swept like wind through the frost.

But, then again, I guess it wasn't frostbitten forests beneath the ancient Northern fullmoon amidst weeping oaks and silent pines that are cloaked in the white robes of winter while the wolf howls cryptic tales of forgotten misery to eldritch gods upon astral thrones of antediluvean grandeur.

Shoot, Jake'd again.

[quote name='Panache']Nah they wrote it on the toilet smokin a joint Inside the deepest depth of of the Naglfar whilst the souls of the damned wailed in pain as they approached the citadel of agony.[/QUOTE]

Why did you have to bring the Naglfar into something so stupid? Smoking joints whilst sitting on toilets is one of the least Norse things I can think of. Go away.

[COLOR="77656"]Besides Panache, the Norse didn't even have toilets back then, think, and maybe listen in history class. Are you mocking the gods with talk of joints and toilets?! May thor's hammer crash the mightiest of thunder down on your party of tomfoolery, and mockery. [/COLOR]

It has nothing to do with musical genres. Smoking joints on toilets is for lesser-minded philistines who have no self-respect or ability to make themselves useful - quite contradictory to the might and glory of the Norsemen. Do not be so foolish as to disrespect as carelessly as you have. You and those of your bloodline will pay dearly at the hands of flame and thunder if you do so again.

[quote name='Jakehammaren']It has nothing to do with musical genres. Smoking joints on toilets is for lesser-minded philistines who have no self-respect or ability to make themselves useful - quite contradictory to the might and glory of the Norsemen. Do not be so foolish as to disrespect as carelessly as you have. You and those of your bloodline will pay dearly at the hands of flame and thunder if you do so again.[/QUOTE]

Side note: Many of those who make the choice to smoke weed actually DO have self-respect and often do make themselves useful - especially when it comes to community service and the arena of music.

Plus, you do realize that a lot of norsemen embraced the use of hallucinogens and stimulants in battle and attainment of prophesy... right? The norse were unique, however, in their self-control in such applications.

Side note: Flame and thunder don't have hands.

[quote name='panache']Nah they wrote it on the toilet smokin a joint Inside the deepest depth of of the Naglfar whilst the souls of the damned wailed in pain as they approached the citadel of agony.[/quote]

Also, you fail.

[QUOTE]Smoking joints on toilets is for lesser-minded philistines who have no self-respect or ability to make themselves useful [/QUOTE]You do know a good number of metal bands do some form of drug right(at least one member)? Unless you are mad about them doing drugs on the toilet specifically. And Electric Wizard is STONER metal. Hence they do drugs of some sort (unless they sit there and sing about drugs but have actually never done them which would be stupid). I suppose Electric Wizard band members would be doing acid.

No one was actually being serious about any of that crap though...so like why does it matter?

[COLOR="77656"]Panache, right now your probably just covering your tracks. Honestly DON'T EVER do anything like you did to insult old culture, especially Norse culture. THey didn't sit their ***** on toilets smoking joints, they did work, they did battle, they did more for themselves then you could I bet.

I may not be patriotic, but that would be like me saying [B]''**** the forefathers of the revoloution, dirty bastards." [/B]That would be desecrating the past hardships they faced to make the US. You need to respect history imo. Even if you were joing, obviously we didn't think so at all.

[QUOTE]Electric Wizard is STONER metal.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a waste to do joints on the toilet, it's called the shitter, not the high-machine.[/COLOR]

Way to blow something completely ****ing out of proportion. If I need a lecture I will go ahead and ask my history teacher. So hop off your soapbox. It was a joke and it was obvious that I wasn't trying to insult Nordic culture. I respect history. Now if there are any more problems pm me about them because this is ****ing stupid.