OtakuBoards

Jacks & Aces

Annie

[size=1][color=red]This RPG will contain graphic nature. Watch for the language, and violence.[/color]

[b][u]Jacks & Aces[/b][/u]

There once was five of us. Everyone had their negative, and sometimes hateful, opinions, and everyone had their special bonds. Yet, we all seemed to get along, despite our differences. Even still, there was one element that was not taken for granted; and that was the element of trust. We depended on one another, but not one of us mongrels would put our own life in the others? hands. We would find out the hard way. But, as our lives would have it, we always had the difficult path.

[I]Fend for yourself, but don?t leave another behind.
Take what you can get, but never too much.[/I]

That is our motto. This was the way of the modern day cowboy; the bounty hunter.

[b]_________________________________________________[/b]

[color=darkslategray]This is an RPG about, you guessed it, bounty hunting. A group of five, very well orchestrated bounty hunters. They call themselves ?The Rough?, due to the fact that despite their clever takes, they are all rough around the edges. Each of them unique and with their own skeletons?it was a matter of time before shit hit the fan.

If you got the impression, something bad happens to this awkward friendship. What they were always paranoid about finally happened, during a job to their dismay. Betrayal. Three of the five turned on their comrades. This time, differences couldn?t be settled, and tempers flared. Was it about the cash? Was it about a power struggle? Was it desperation?

Perhaps a mix of all three. What better catalysts to spark a mutiny?

What I?m looking for in this RPG is that the story develops along the way. Of course, there is a plot. And that is for three people to sort of come to a council and plan to conduct a mutiny. The fourth person is to go through with the plan up until the last minute, and try to help the fifth bounty hunter. In result, they too will be turned on. The two don?t get away easily, of course, and have to outrun not just their betrayers, but the law as well.

Now, I?m not going to go into specifics about the three conspirator?s plot because I?d like some creativity and team work. So the three people who decide to take this route will have to conduct their plan amongst each other. Which I?d like to see in the RPG, but the actual rough drafts and ideas I would like for the three to carry out through Private Messaging. One of you three shall designate who reports to the group, and to myself. Even though I like the element of surprise, I?d like to be able to see if the plan will work or totally destroy the RPG. I?ll say one thing that your guys? plot will have to revolve around; you turn the leader in during the job.

Of course, I?d like to be one of the two other characters. If someone wishes to be the leader, please inform me via Private Message. Keep in mind that if you are the leader, you?ll still have to okay things with me. The two of us will have to try to plot against our betrayers, in efforts to set things straight with the law?while trying to run away and live to fight another day.

How this RPG is going to start, and how the mutiny starts, will be run a little differently. I will make an Underground thread where we will get our ?reports?. That?s where we?ll get our job. At first, to get us all in the swing with each other, I?ll post some random, small job. That way we can see how the group works..and see everyone?s unraveling patience. Then once that job is done, I?ll post the next.

The RPG is set in modern day, with a twist of futuristic technology. Sort of like [b]I, Robot[/b]. And as for how the story runs, think of [b]The Italian Job[/b]. Only it?s two against three, rather than several against one.

Sign-Ups are pretty simple. Try to keep them realistic, not to ?anime-ish?. There is one other slot that?s out of the bounty group. There should be one person who is the ?law?. Someone who helps the two good guys. Your sign up will be relatively the same.

[u]For the Bounty Hunters[/u]
[b]Name-
Age-
Gender-
Appearance-
Role- [/b] (This is your skill. IE, explosives, computer hacking, expert driver, etc)
[b]Where you came from-
Why are you here?[/b] (What got you into bounty hunting)
[b]What is your purpose?[/b] (This is where you get to explain your character?s personality, and what side they wish to choose. Be the betrayer, or the loyal.)

[u]For the Law[/u]
[b]Name-
Age-
Gender-
Appearance-
Why are you helping?[/b]- (You?re the law, so why are you helping the people who supposedly ?did it??)

I don?t care what form you use to describe your character. Story form, by the sign-up, however..just hit all key points. Any questions? PM me.[/size][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Name: Lace McGoldrick

Appearance: See attachment

Role: Assassination; stealth killings.

Where you came from: Ellie's Orphanage for Criminally Disturbed Children; Wyoming, U.S.A.

Why are you here? Well nobody told ever told me it was wrong.

What is your purpose? Vengeance; to find my once comrades that betrayed me and my partner. But before that, I was simply doing what I did best. I tried the whole 'real job' thing for awhile, but I failed miserably at it. Probably because I was so hot, all of my past bosses tried to force themselves on me to such a degree that it was classified assault. But who cares? I don't do that anymore. I just kill now. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][B]Name[/B][/FONT][FONT=Arial] - Adam Stratford[B]
[/B]
[B]Age[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Arial] - 28[B]
[/B]
[B]Gender[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Arial] - Male
[B]
Appearance[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Arial] - Attached[B]
[/B]
[B]Why are you helping?[/B][/FONT] [FONT="][FONT=Arial]- Placed into an investigation team on the case, Adam immediately became suspicious of the whole thing. He belives in the possibility of the two bounty hunters the FBI are pursuing have been, in some way, wronged and framed by the people who tipped the feds off. He is now trying his hardest to work faster than his colleagues to see if he can get to them first and see what is going on that they don't know.

[B]OCC:[/B] Just PM me if you would like me to change anything in my post.

[/FONT] [/FONT]

[COLOR="Blue"][B]Name:[/B] Alex Tonk

[B]Age:[/B] 27

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/GeneOutlaw/Dexter3.jpg"][U]Alex[/U].[/URL] He's about 5'9 and weights about 145 lbs.

[B]Role:[/B] Computer Hacker

[B]Where he comes from:[/B] Born and raised in Orlando, Florida.

[B]Why he's here:[/B] He's just in it looking for a good time. He was born a rich boy who lived a privledged life, with only the finest schooling and upbringing. Unfortunatly, conventional is far too boring for his tastes. He enjoys using his knowledge and skills to capture and exploit others. The thrill of the chase.

[B]What his purpose is:[/B] After 3 years of hunting criminals and terrorists, his taste for this thrill was fading. But this simply wouldn't do. It was at this time that his two comrades brought forth this elaborate plot. Criminals were easy since they were so stupid and couldn't really fight back, but what would it be like to try and take out his former comrades. This idea brought back that sense of thrill. He hopes desperatly that the two of them serve to be entertaining.[/COLOR]

PM me if there is anything you'd like me to change.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"][B]Name-[/B] Mr. B

[B]Age-[/B] 26

[B]Gender-[/B] Male

[B]Appearance-[/B] See Attachment

[B]Role- [/B]Cars, baby. Cars. You tell me to strip the stock D series out of a Civic and slap in a H22, I'll do it. Want a 351 Cleveland in that heap of a car you call a Ranchero? I'm your man. Need to get away from a bank in a hurry while under police chase? Yeah, okay, I guess I could do that to but let's get back to the part where I said I could work on any car.

[B]Where you came from- [/B]Really want to know? Midwest. Not much to do there but work on cars and inevitably race them.

[B]Why are you here?[/B] Was tired of the boring life in the midwest so I took a cabbie job out in New York city, which was the catalyst for me becoming a professional getaway driver. With a taste for speed, a lust for trouble, a happy trigger finger, and skills that would blow your doors off it was all in good time.

[B]What is your purpose?[/B] Ever hear the phrase 'never bite that hand that feeds'? Well, for me, thats just it. Driving is what I do, aside from killing when needed, so why in the hell would I ever want to leave the paying side?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Name: Maj. David Player -Ret.

Role: Assassinations, management.

Where he comes from: Birmingham, Alabama.

Appearance: attached

Why He's Here: After serving in the US Air Force Air Intelligence Agency as a case officer, he became disillusioned and decommissioned. He found he missed the life and eventually found himself managing contracts for assassinations is Zurich, Switzerland. He doesn't carry out the assassinations himself, but he does work as liason between the assassins and their benefactors.

What's his purpose: To find out who was in on the betrayal and effectively "terminate" their contracts to restore his credibility. The plan was too perfect and he feels he should have seen the betrayal coming.

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][b]Name:[/b] Lily Moon
[b]Age:[/b] 26
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Appearance:[/b] [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/Minneymin/yunjin.jpg][b][u]Lily[/u][/b][/url]
[b]Role:[/b] Gadgetry and explosives, hand-to-hand combat

My hometown actually sounds a lot like an English word: Seoul is pronounced the same as soul. But I left Korea almost five years ago, after my husband passed away. I was on the run, and I chose to leave everything behind; it was what I had to do to survive. It all began with the accident – no, I suppose you could say that it all began the day I was married to my high school sweetheart. I hadn’t even finished school yet, but at 17 I thought I would ride on the wings of love forever. It’s so odd how even after the dream ends, we choose to delude ourselves and hope that some of it still exists. He was so loving and attentive, the man that any girl would be lucky to have…but he was dangerous too, and nursed a smoldering anger. I don’t know what happened to him that made him harbor such rage, but I know that I was forced to wear the marks of it on my body night after night, year after year. But for some reason I never thought about walking out on him – he was my soul mate, however flawed he was.

The day I finally left him was the day I shoved his body into the oven and turned on all the gas. I don’t remember much about the night he died, but once he was cold I knew there was nothing keeping me there. I left immediately, taking nothing with me, and later in a subway station I remember seeing the news report about the apartment exploding, killing the occupants. They believed I was dead as well, and it might as well have been true. After that, everything else came naturally. I had been a chemistry and technology geek, and after spending time in the underworld of Korea I came out with a new occupation. Right before I left the country I visited my younger sister. It was odd, but she wasn’t really surprised to see me; she said that somehow she knew I couldn’t have died, despite what everyone else said. She was the outcast of the family, because she had carried on an affair with a married man and then gotten pregnant; but she never seemed sad or depressed.

She sent me a picture of her baby after the birth, a healthy and chubby little boy that looked nothing like her. By that time I had become a household name…well, perhaps not with your everyday household. But my contacts in Korea recently informed me that she had died from an illness, and my family was refusing to take the boy in. But she had made me promise to look after him if anything happened to her; she might have even known that she wasn’t going to live long enough to raise her son. So now somehow I have to get out of this life, and to create a new one that will ensure that my enemies will never find me or the boy. Somehow I’ll have to go back to that place…although I don’t think my soul ever stepped foot off that peninsula. In this case, only money can provide protection, and to disappear with that much money...well, sometimes the easiest targets are the ones you work with.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=darkslategray][b][u]Betrayers[/b][/u]
[list][*]Starwind
[*]silpheed
[*]Cyriel[/list]

[b][u]Betrayed[/b][/u]
[list][*]Athena
[*]Neuvoxraiha[/list]

[b][u]The Law[/u][/b]-
[list][*]inwardscream[/list]

[b]Malkov[/b], sorry dude. If you have an issue with my not choosing you, please feel free to PM me.

All right people, the RPG will be up shortly. I'll edit my post in the Backstage as to what we will be doing first. So, once that is up, then I'll post the thread. Once you see the RPG up, be sure to go look in the Backstage thread to see what the agenda is for the start of the RPG.

Here is my character:[/color]

[b]Name[/b]- “Grim”
[b]Age[/b]- 28
[b]Gender[/b]- Male
[b]Appearance[/b]- [see attachment]

[b]Role[/b]- Thief, fighter, ex-law enforcement…ex-leader

My story? Well, I was born and raised roughly in the Boston, Mass. Had the typical upbringing of a third class, Irish household. Both parents worked two, and sometimes three, jobs to make ends meet. Me and my sister had to pretty much fend for ourselves. Well, I did most of the “fending”. She was three years younger, and definitely couldn’t keep her stand in the streets. Then the worst hit us at the ages of 14 and 11; our parents died in a car accident. We were bumped around from foster home to foster home. I fought and struggled to take care of Marie. Which ultimately lead to thievery. Had all sorts of trouble with the law, but cleaned my slate by serving time doing the thing I couldn’t stand; being a police officer.

See, I had two options: do time in jail, or do time in service. I couldn’t do my sister any good in prison, so, I became a pig. Gave her a better, and more comfortable life. I loved her dearly. More than anything. She was my life. She died at the age of twenty, no thanks to the jealous, mother fucking bastard of a human being.

By this time, I gave up on my police department. They did nothing. I went my own way, as a rogue…

I started bounty hunting to find the man who murdered my sister. It just went from there. My name became reputable, and I ended up getting jobs. I will find any man, put them behind bars…or make them disappear, sometimes.

What happened to me? I’ve been betrayed, so I’m trying to survive and justify my innocence. Am I surprised? Not really. It’s happened before. Been ditched at a job, called out during a job. But…something about this time really gets me, you know? This isn’t right, and I am going to find out why.[/size]