OtakuBoards

Juno

eleanor

[font="trebuchet ms"] Was written by a woman who worked as a sex-phone talker/stripper. Which is sort of awesome, lol.

For those of you who haven't heard of [i]Juno[/i], it's the story of a 16-year-old who gets pregnant, decides to give the baby to an adoptive family, and on the way finds herself. It's sort of like an indie film/avant-garde thing, which can turn some people off, but I thought they pulled it off pretty well.

I was pretty pumped to go see the movie, because the previews were funny and I like Michael Cera, but I was sort of disappointed. Granted, the movie was still good and solid, it just wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. There were lots of funny one-liners, none of them incredibly memorable (except maybe "Your eggo is preggo", love Rainn Wilson), a lot of teen slang (some of which I didn't recognize), and good acting, but it just didn't stand out to me. I will say that the character Juno was pretty unique; I expected her to be sarcastic and witty, but she was so upfront and comfortable with it around [i]everyone[/i] it came off as original.

Did anyone else watch this?[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
I actually loved Juno. I thought it was hilarious and witty, and the soundtrack is pretty awesome, in my opinion. (It turned me on to Kimya Dawson, actually.) And the character of Juno reminds me a lot of a friend of mine (sans the pregnant part), with which I saw the movie. There are great one-liners, such as my favorite,[SPOILER] when she's going into labor, she says "Thundercats go!"[/SPOILER] heh.

I also loved how sweet it was. Her relationship with her family, and Bleeker (Michael Cera), as well as with the adoptive parents is just SWEET. [SPOILER]She was just so [I]vulnerable[/I] when she was in the process of giving birth to her baby[/SPOILER].

I am kind of crazy about this movie, heh. I'm rather tempted to go and see it again. Any other thoughts?

I loved the movie. Granted, I don't remember teenage pregnancy being that funny, but it was really good.

And memorable one-liners: "Honey, Doctors are just sadists who like to play god and laugh at lesser people's pain"

Seriously... I liked it so much, that I've seen it twice, and I really haven't stopped thinking about those really funny moments of the movie. I think one the really great things about the movie is that it's real in an unrealistic way. Like, I know a lot of people from my school who remind me of the characters in the movie, but at the same time, the characters seem to manipulate the plot to make it comedy.

It really makes you think how funny real life could be if everyone was just more laid-back. :animesigh

A+ (And in my top 3 movies of all time)

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Yes! I'm glad people are saying good things about it, because I wasn't sure if it looked good or not. I was sort of waiting for the internet to start talking baout it. For those who don't know, I'm a huge fan of teen pregnancy/girls with kids, no, please, do not ask me why, okay. In any case, I like the kid from arrested development (man, does he ever have a habit of getting into weird relationships XD) and Juno seems like a great character, so I'll probably lke it, as much as I normall hate teen movies. [/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I loved this movie; I just saw it yesterday. The sense of humor suited me down to the ground. In fact, Juno herself is a lot like my sister in the way she talks and her sense of humor (sans pregnancy, of course).

I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in quite a while, really. In my view this was sort of like a much wittier version of Napoleon Dynamite. Kind of.

Beautifully written, incredibly funny...and the characters were all wondeful. I loved Juno's parents (especially her mother).

I'd definitely recommend this to everyone.[/font]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Man, I'm also the only person who's not in love with the duet Michael Cera* and Ellen Page. lol

But [i]Juno[/i] was nominated for Best Original Screenplay for the Oscars, and it damn well better win. :)

*Also the only teenage girl not in love with this guy[/font]

[FONT="Arial"]A lot of my friends are going crazy over this movie and have seen it 3+ times, and are probably planning on going to see it again, again, and again. (Of course they don't invite me so I can find out what's so special about it for myself, harumph! jkjk)

My friend told me his mom has a screener of it, so maybe I should just borrow that from him. Depending on whether or not I'd be able to actually see the movie through any kind of marking or whatever.[/FONT]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]In my view this was sort of like a much wittier version of Napoleon Dynamite. Kind of.[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
I have no idea why I kept thinking that. I haven't even seen any previews for it and it still reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite! Maybe it's just that it's a purportedly funny indie film?[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]A lot of my friends are going crazy over this movie and have seen it 3+ times, and are probably planning on going to see it again, again, and again.[/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] That's the kind of thing I don't get. It's good, but it's not that good. I have no idea why some people are going absolutely batshit insane with this movie.[/font]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]For those who don't know, I'm a huge fan of teen pregnancy/girls with kids, no, please, do not ask me why, okay.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]That is creepy beyond my ability to express.

I loved [i]Juno[/i]. I saw it a couple months ago, and was completely charmed. I really liked the soundtrack, too?I never notice soundtracks when I am watching movies, but I noticed this one. I loved every song on it... except for that "I am a Vampire" song during the credits, which is a horrible mutation of catchy and grating.

I watched it again last night with some friends, and I liked it just as much this time. It's a sweet little love story?funny and awkward, realistic and unrealistic in all the right ways.

I'd like to own it.[/font]