OtakuBoards

What Classic Books wouldn't you mind seeing an Anime version of?

onenuttytanuki

The Howl's Moving Castle novel utterly pwns the movie in every respect imaginable, but they're so different that I prefer not to compare them, really. The movie is a lovely if somewhat slapdash piece of work. More than that, though, it's worth bearing in mind that Miyazaki came in relatively late in the production process.

~Dagger~

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TwistedChick'][B]Orson Scott Card's [I]Ender's Game[/I][/B]

If they never get around to doing a live action american film, I think an anime would be suitable. Supposedly a film is being done, but I just can't buy that yet. With the main character going from 5 years old to mid-teens, it might be most believable in an animated or fully CG format. Plus, all the Battle Room sequences could be handled really well that way. But, God, I really want a live action film that Card has a direct hand in. That would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Very good choice; I enjoyed that one, it could be done well I think.

Books I would like to see as anime- 1984, Vurt by Jeff Noon, The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson, Pappilion, anything by Carlos Castenada, anything by Edgar Allen Poe, The One Who Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, anything by James Clavell. I cant think of more at the moment, but thats a good start.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I wouldn't mind seeing [B]Titus Andronicus [/B]brought to film or series. It is Shakespeare's bloodiest tragedy ( might have been the first one he did too ). It'd be quite the treat with all of the tragedy, intrigue and horror that it brings. An anime version of the '99 film with Anthony Hopkins would be cool as well, since that had some modernization to it ( like when the Romans marched in from their victory, they had motorcycles flanking them. )[/COLOR][/SIZE]