Vigilance Posted February 14, 2008 Posted February 14, 2008 What about putting anime videos on this site? Think about it, maybe people will come on this site to watch and anime. I think that it would be a good idea because most other site that have lots of anime video and their site has lots of people. So what I'm trying to say is that if there an anime video here, on this site, then lots of people will come and member's of the OtakuBoards will be happy too. I'm talking about the anime fans.
James Posted February 14, 2008 Posted February 14, 2008 [font=franklin gothic medium]Our real focus is for fans to create content that they can share with each other. I mean, we have built the world's largest anime fan art community and all of the elements that go along with it. I don't think you will ever see anime video on our network, unless some specific deal is struck with a distributor. The main issue, I think, is copyright violation. A lot of sites garner huge visitor numbers because they freely violate copyright and distribute material without the publisher's consent. We are really not interested in doing that. So for the time being, I think you'll find that our network will remain dedicated to all things related to anime fandom. If we ever do something like this in future, as I said, it will likely come down to some sort of specific deal with a publisher.[/font]
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 Wow, I was thinking about something to this extent the other day. Not exactly, but something to this extent: I know for a fact that it is possible to imbed youtube videos on VBulletin sites. Not only that, but Otakuboards is VBulletin powered, no? Here is my thought: We post a lot of news articles and such, an accompanying video may be kind of helpful at times. Of course, there would probably need to be guidelines, but that could be easily solved by outlinking or content warning. Besides that, There's some pretty funny stuff on youtube sometimes, too. Just a thought. It may work, it may not, but I like the idea.
Desbreko Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 [color=#4B0082]It's possible to make a custom bb tag for embedding YouTube videos in posts, yeah. It would probably be pretty simple too since all I'd have to do is adapt the code the site gives you for embedding a video. I don't think we'd need to add any rules for it though. Embedded videos could be handled pretty much the same as images and we already have a rule against linking to copyrighted materials.[/color]
James Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 [font=franklin gothic medium]I would like a YouTube embed tag, for sure. I think there are a million great uses for it on OtakuBoards (even potentially in RPGs). So the usefulness would far outweigh any copyright concerns I have.[/font]
ZeitGeist Posted February 15, 2008 Posted February 15, 2008 [quote name='James'][FONT=franklin gothic medium]I would like a YouTube embed tag, for sure. I think there are a million great uses for it on OtakuBoards (even potentially in RPGs). So the usefulness would far outweigh any copyright concerns I have.[/FONT][/quote] Plus, if you find any violators, you can delete 'em! :catgirl: I like the YouTube tag idea, it would certainly add something extra to threads such as the recent YouTube one. Playing linked videos on the forum itself would be much more convenient.
Desbreko Posted February 16, 2008 Posted February 16, 2008 [color=#4B0082]Yay, it's done. Instructions for using it are on the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/misc.php?do=bbcode][u]vB Code List[/u][/url] page as always. I'm also planning on making a button for it to go with the other post formatting options on reply/edit pages. (And, in fact, I should really get around to adding buttons for other custom tags I've made as well.) Enjoy.[/color] [center][youtube=Introducing theOtaku.com Version Vibrant]jnuUkoC44Qc[/youtube][/center]
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 16, 2008 Posted February 16, 2008 You rock, Des. Now, to [strike]spam up[/strike] post awesome Melee videos in the Brawl thread.
Vigilance Posted February 19, 2008 Author Posted February 19, 2008 The what video in the Brawl thread? Did someone put a video in a thread?
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 19, 2008 Posted February 19, 2008 Hai. I put two in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl thread. They're basically people with too much time on their hands playing Smash.
ZeitGeist Posted February 21, 2008 Posted February 21, 2008 [kuja] So do you put the whole embed code inside the tags, or do you just use the direct url? 'Tis a nifty little player. :D[/kuja]
Desbreko Posted February 21, 2008 Posted February 21, 2008 [quote name='ZeitGeist'][kuja] So do you put the whole embed code inside the tags, or do you just use the direct url? 'Tis a nifty little player. :D[/kuja][/QUOTE][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Instructions for using it are on the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/misc.php?do=bbcode][u]vB Code List[/u][/url] page as always.[/color][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]You put the video ID from the video's URL between the tags, as shown on the vB Code List page I linked to there. Because the embed code for inserting a video links directly to the video itself, copying the URL from a video's web page on youtube.com wouldn't work. I also added a button on the message editor for automatically inserting the tags, as well as a little Help button that links to the vB Code List page so people can see how to use all the different tags available.[/color]
Allamorph Posted February 21, 2008 Posted February 21, 2008 [FONT=Arial]Well, there's this nifty little Help tag in the comment box that links to all the coding lingo; it does a good job of explaining the tags there. Should look like this: [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Navy"][B][SIZE="1"]Help [?][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/FONT] Also, [I]why are you using the kuja?!?!?!?[/I] [B]Edit:[/B] Darn you, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Des[/COLOR], for sniping! :p[/FONT]
ZeitGeist Posted February 21, 2008 Posted February 21, 2008 [quote name='Desbreko'][COLOR=#4b0082]You put the video ID from the video's URL between the tags, as shown on the vB Code List page I linked to there. Because the embed code for inserting a video links directly to the video itself, copying the URL from a video's web page on youtube.com wouldn't work. [/COLOR][/quote] [kuja] I missed the end of that page, perhaps it didn't load for me the first time around. All I got last time was the initial codelist. :)[/kuja]
Guest coolj89186 Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 AMV section would be the best to add!:smirk:
Boo Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 [size=1]You can post up your own selfmade AMVs in the Art Studio if you want to post them. :)[/size]
Guest coolj89186 Posted March 13, 2008 Posted March 13, 2008 [quote name='Boo'][size=1]You can post up your own selfmade AMVs in the Art Studio if you want to post them. :)[/size][/QUOTE] Where is that located?
Desbreko Posted March 13, 2008 Posted March 13, 2008 [color=#4B0082]It's one of the forums in the Cultural District section.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now