OtakuBoards

EA tells Jack Thompson to get bent...

Non Fiction

...in the most polite way possible.

[QUOTE]
You might recall that last week Jack Thompson offered to come to Electronic Arts assistance in their attempt to try and buy-out Take-Two. (Funny enough, when I first emailed Jack about this he said he didn't care.)

Today Electronic Arts told Jack thanks, but no thanks:
-----------------

Mr. Thompson,

We have received your letter to EA's shareholder site. In response to your offer to assist in the proposed acquisition of Take-Two, we would strongly prefer that you not get involved in this matter. EA is a strong supporter of creative freedom for game developers. We feel that your past statements - including false claims about content in our games - make any collaboration with you impossible.

Sincerely,
Mariam Sughayer
Sr. Manager Corporate Communications
Electronic Arts, Inc.
-------------------

Wow, that's about the nicest **** off I've ever heard. Now get back to the kid's table Jack, the adults have to talk about important things.[/QUOTE]

Source: [URL="http://kotaku.com/364195/ea-tells-jack-thompson-to-get-bent"]http://kotaku.com/364195/ea-tells-jack-thompson-to-get-bent[/URL]

All I know is, I lol'd.

Jack Thompson has gotten to the point where nobody wants to here him ramble. The only people who really care about what he says are idiots who can't speak for themselves. He's beating a dead horse, and the more he talks, it seems that more people end up against him. He's a complete idiot.

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkred][size=1]Careful Jack! If you tick off enough gamers, we'll train up on our murder simulators and come get you!!

Seriously, how is this blowhard still credible enough to make it in the news? Guess I really shouldn't talk, since I made him the villain of my web comic, heh.

--Chris[/color][/size]

[quote name='JCBaggee'][color=darkred][size=1]Careful Jack! If you tick off enough gamers, we'll train up on our murder simulators and come get you!![/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Just what I was thinking, God knows how good we've gotten with sword swinging motions after the Wii.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=JCBaggee][color=darkred][size=1]Shhh, he's listening. If he gets word of that, we'll be accused of training to become barbarians or something.

--Chris[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]What if we're training to become a Night-Elf Mohawk?

>_>[/FONT]

[quote name='JCBaggee'][color=darkred][size=1]Shhh, he's listening. If he gets word of that, we'll be accused of training to become barbarians or something.

--Chris[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE=""]4d4NvVlL69I[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]You mean something like this ?[/SIZE]

• 2 months later...
Bumping this since it's only a couple months old and I don't feel like making another thread about Jack Thompson.

[URL="http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080520-judges-report-in-jack-thompson-case-guilty-on-27-charges.html"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Guilty.[/U][/COLOR][/URL]

I really don't like to gloat about people getting so epically served in such a career-crushing manner, but even as someone who's only ever played one M-Rated game and as such can care less about how horrifying he finds GTA, I still don't like the guy.

Basically it comes down to this: I've been considering law as a career for a while now. When I see someone like Jacky boy making a fool of himself in court in full attire with his attorney's badge on, it makes me angry. He's a terrible excuse for a person in a career that already has enough negative publicity, so it's nice to see him get what he deserves.

Hopefully they'll have his badge.

[quote name='Aceburner']I really don't like to gloat about people getting so epically served in such a career-crushing manner, but even as someone who's only ever played one M-Rated game and as such can care less about how horrifying he finds GTA, I still don't like the guy.[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]He hasn't been served quite yet. Those were only recommendations; he won't get a real verdict for a little while, it seems.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]Even though they're just court recommendations, hopefully this will mark the end of a disgraceful career of an utter idiot, who's done more harm to his profession than his intended targets.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]He hasn't been served quite yet. Those were only recommendations; he won't get a real verdict for a little while, it seems.[/color][/QUOTE]Yeah, I read the article and was... [I]damn[/I] when I realized it was only recommendations and not a verdict. Hopefully each and everyone will become so.