OtakuBoards

Go-Go AKA the worst music genre ever

Panache

Well in the past few years of my enrollment in school I have noticed a genre of music. It is called Go-Go. In the past few years people have been talking about it more and more and more people are going to parties where these GO-GO "bands" perform their "Music."

This year I became curious what all the fuss was. This is what I found.
[url]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=183878863[/url]

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT KILL YOURSELF AFTER LISTENING TO THIS! I know the temptation is there but resist it.

So um how the hell could anyone actually enjoy this?

(The kids at my school say that the "band" above is far better than anything in the rock genre...)

Well I looked into this music genre to see how it actually survived. Apparently it is just as old as hip hop and only just recently has it been turned into this monolith to ignorance. 80's apparently was it's golden era.

Actually this old stuff is pretty damn good. It's like jazz+funk.

How the hell is this ******** and old chuck brown in the same genre?

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms'] Would I really use the phrase "pleasurable experience" if I were being serious? lol[/font][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Yes you would, and you know it. =P

Regardless, there's not a whole lot of high-quality mainstream stuff out there right now; so if "Go-go" is getting popular, judging from the general taste of society I'd hazard that it was called something completely different back then, and was probably a lot better. Surely there was more effort at originality.

I maintain my earlier description. Especially the undead part.[/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] Would I really use the phrase "pleasurable experience" if I were being serious? lol[/font][/QUOTE]
Most definitely.

[QUOTE]Regardless, there's not a whole lot of high-quality mainstream stuff out there right now; so if "Go-go" is getting popular, judging from the general taste of society I'd hazard that it was called something completely different back then, and was probably a lot better. Surely there was more effort at originality.[/QUOTE]
Well it's getting popular in my slum of a city. And it was called go-go back in the day too. These new ****s are just raping the name and shoving its face in the dirt.

Oh and I talked to some of my dumb **** friends and they insist that old go-go is crap and this new ******** is the greatest thing ever.

This was the first time I seriously shoving a sharpened pencil into someones eye.

[QUOTE=Lunox][font=trebuchet ms] Only when told. :catgirl:
[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Well, that's what I'm here for. (^_^)

[B]Edit:[/B]
[quote name='Panache']And it was called go-go back in the day too.[/quote]
Seriously? Jeez. Terrible name. I mean, when I think "[URL="http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5660/gogoea5.jpg"][COLOR="Blue"]go-go[/COLOR][/URL]"....[/FONT]

Can't say I care for the music. Not my thing even if it was good, but it doesn't sound good to me. XP[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Seriously? Jeez. Terrible name. I mean, when I think "[URL="http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5660/gogoea5.jpg"][COLOR="Blue"]go-go[/COLOR][/URL]"....[/FONT][/QUOTE]I clicked on that and went... O_O But then my mind added an s to the last go and it had me thinking of this: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq42To1QgtY"][U]Click[/U][/URL] I think I'll stick with that image over the other one. XP

Interesting sound, but most of the songs sound the same or have that same style, which bugs me.
I'd rather listen to reggae and dub instead of bad rap with reggae influenced beats with some bad keyboard in the background.

[quote name='Aceburner']I won't lie, that is some head-bangin' rhythms.

The kind of head-bangin' my avatar is doing, incidentally. Does anyone have an ear band-aid?

Sad, since the name makes me think of:

[YOUTUBE="GO SPEED RACER GO!"]ALzDcMDhf2o[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE]
Nice one Ace.

[QUOTE]What are you trying to prove with this thread?[/QUOTE]
Uh nothing really. Just showing some of my local music...which happens to be horrible but was OK at some point. Do I have to be proving something?