OtakuBoards

The Hit 2

Zen

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Yes, I completely agree with Gavin. Get on with the girl-on-girl action, Mike. I'd like to see what Annie brings to the table against Erica and Raiha. Hopefully the two'll have some fun before they get tired of her.[/size][/color]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zen'][SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Then, out of nowhere, Gavin's enormous body flew out of nowhere,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Not a bad chapter overall, but what's with this line? It just doesn't read well at all. I don't have a suggestion for fixing it at this moment, but have two 'out of nowhere's in one sentence just doesn't work.[/SIZE]

[quote name='MoyakuKeramushe'][SIZE=1]Not a bad chapter overall, but what's with this line? It just doesn't read well at all. I don't have a suggestion for fixing it at this moment, but have two 'out of nowhere's in one sentence just doesn't work.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that. I changed it. My Microsoft Word doesn't work anymore, so all my typing is being done on an AOL mail document for spell check.

Egh... it still hurts.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Damn, Mike. I wish I got into this when it first started.

It's amazing how well you write and it never gets tiring. I can't wait to see what happens next.

This is so kick ass, lololol.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]

I'm sorry for the obscene hiatus, it's been a busy week for me. Enjoy.[color=royalblue][center]
[YOUTUBE="The Hit 2: The Riot Part II"]2Eo4RR012qI[/YOUTUBE]

[b]Chapter 27:[/b] Rest In Peace[/center]

Gavin stood heaving through his clenched teeth, his armed raised stiffly, holding an automatic weapon in each hand. This was the man I'd grown to fear before he became my self-appointed guardian. I could feel his intent to kill in the air around him. [b] "DIE!"[/b] he roared in a monstrous tone as he began to pull the triggers of his AK-47u's. A burst of bullets erupted from the barrels at the downed Joe, who's body reacted with surprising speed and agility. Leaping from the ground, he rolled and ducked behind a near-by steel mailbox while Gavin continued his onslaught.

A feminine grunt directed my attention away from the current conflict, bringing my eyes to Erica and Raiha, who were in the midst of battle with Annie still. Both women dodged dead-aim shots from Annie with amazing agility and reflexes. Erica ran low to the ground and attempted a sweep kick at Annie, who jumped into the air in order to dodge before being assaulted by a flurry of needles up high by Raiha. The thin pins lodged themselves into her guarding forearms, but I knew immediately that once they had made contact, things were over for Annie. The poison would soon work it's way through her body. The immediate pain of the needles left her off guard, and Erica was able to land a more potent attack on her with a rising three-sixty turning kick into her midsection, a forceful blow that sent the woman tumbling across the ground in a heap.

Both Erica and Raiha made their way to her, probably to finish the job. I was in no mood to watch her demise so I refocused on Joe and Gavin. Both were trading gunfire, Joe still hiding behind the mail box while Gavin simply stood out in the open, slowly approaching the steel box firing consistently. This provided me with an opportunity to sneak up on Joe while Gavin distracted him. I started to run to the far right on the side of a neighboring building and made my way quickly to Joe's cover. The clattering gunfire disguised my footsteps as I swiftly sprinted to his position with my blade drawn and ready. Sliding across the pavement to a stop, I leapt into the air as I came down onto Joe's position. His eyes widened as they looked up to me falling from the sky onto him, my blade pointed down in a stabbing position.

Quickly leaping aside, he barrel-rolled into a kneeling firing stance and unloaded at the mail box, but I had already disappeared. I fell from the air once again, this time my sword was raised high over my head, and coming slowly down onto the assassin. He wasn't fast enough this time, and my sword slashed him across the collar-bone and chest diagonally, causing gore to spill onto the pavement as he leapt back. The cut was deep, but he was saved from death by his last jump. This didn't help him escape danger, however, as Gavin was already behind him, aiming his gun into his back. Joe's instincts served him well, though, and he quickly spun around and brought a harsh elbow across Gavin's face. Both men were disarmed from the impact, the four heavy Russian fire arms falling to the ground.

Joe continued his hand to hand assault on Gavin, showing off surprising close-quarters skills as he unleashed short punches and knees onto vital points all over the giant man's body. I ran into the fight myself, but Joe had been expecting this, and spun his body around Gavin, keeping me from using my blade on him. As I hesitated, he pushed Gavin's body onto me, causing me to also drop my weapon. I felt another huge push as he lunged forward with a front kick and knocked both of us down with his brute strength. As I lay with Gavin's heavy body on top me, I looked up to see Joe coming down onto us, airborne with both knees pointed towards Gavin's back.

Then, as if in a flash of lightning, Gavin's body jerked forward onto his hands, and bringing both legs into the air, he double mule-kicked Joe back with amazing force. Continuing through the motion, he stood back up, and ran towards Joe while he recovered. He brought a heavy leg across Joe's side as he landed, causing the man to tumble to the side. However, he did a fast kip up and was back on his feet, going at Gavin once again. Gavin leaned forward into a heavy straight right, but Joe's martial skills showed still, as he dodged and grab tightly onto the arm with both hands before heaving his body upside down, hanging from the arm and bringing it in between his legs. A flying armbar, I couldn't believe it. Gavin's strength held him suspended for a long moment, and it looked as if he were about to powerbomb Joe onto the concrete. But Joe jerked his body sharply back, arching his spine and flexing all his body's muscles. A sickening sound resonated through the air as he dislocated Gavin's elbow. Gavin's face showed no expression of pain, but we all knew that his was in trouble.

Joe released the arm and landed back onto his feet and brought his boot up again to kick him. However, Gavin's dexterity and endurance shined through and he instinctively caught the kick with his left arm. Joe's expression was surprised and I instantly knew now was the time to end it. Throwing myself across the battle-ridden courtyard, I arched my sword across my shoulder and with a growling war cry, I brought the blade across and through Joe's neck. My body landed several feet away from the two, but a loud thump on the concrete followed by the crumpling of a body let me know my job had been done.

Not a second later, Annie came rolling across the ground. She layed onto her back splayed out and helpless, her body now limp from the poisons circulating through her veins. Tears ran down her face as she looked upon Joe's decapitated body and I saw her mouth begin to speak his name as she wept, but a foot dropped down onto her throat, effectively killing her instantly. Erica stood over her triumphantly as she removed her shoe from the dead woman's neck. Raiha walked up to the dead woman and began to collect the several needles sticking out of her body. It was over. The Riot was dead.

We'd won.
[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]The elbow thing made me want to cry. I've dislocated my shoulder more than once, and that hurts like hell. I can't imagine what a dislocated elbow would feel like.

Anyway, very nice scene. I especially approved of the little detail of Erica needing to remove the shoe from Annie's throat.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Funny that I was actually just speaking to Annie for the first time in months before I read this.

Quite the battle, although I have to admit, I winced at the elbow dislocation, even if all Gavin will probably do is straighten out his arm, pop it back into place, flex his fingers and then smile maniacally.

Just something I'm going to incorporate into the character in Contracts Mike, after a major kill, Gavin will mutter a few prayers over the bodies of the deceased. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Just something I'm going to incorporate into the character in Contracts Mike, after a major kill, Gavin will mutter a few prayers over the bodies of the deceased. [/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=#8B008B]That totally reminds me of 'The Boondock Saints'- great movie, by the way- and how they always said a Latin prayer before executing a kill and, I think they did one after.

It's odd though, a few days ago I was talking to Mike about 'The Boondock Saints' too. Funny how people's minds work.[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Revelation'][size=1][color=#8B008B]
It's odd though, a few days ago I was talking to Mike about 'The Boondock Saints' too. Funny how people's minds work.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Or perhaps the prayer of Black Lagoon from the Loveless family. Raiha would say that just to be a bitch. And so would Erica.....you know how it goes.

[center][i]"Una bendicion por las vivos"
[/i]
"Mercy for the living.
A bouquet of flowers for the dead,
With a sword of justice,
A punishment of death for the wicked,
Like this we arrive at the altar of the saints.
But we are not joining the line of the saints."[/center][/FONT][/COLOR]