OtakuBoards

The Hit 2

Zen

[size=1]I really liked this chapter :] White/8Bit is growing on me here. He's a smart-mouthed kid with a new toy, for sure.

[b]“And the name’s Zen now, 8bit.”

“Fuck if I care. You’re gonna be called dead in a few minutes anyways.”[/b]

My favorite part ;D Let's see more of 8Bit and Retri, and maybe even some DW (cough, jk), and whip up another chapter, cap'n! ;][/size]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Stephen just completely went Terminator! I honestly did not expect that in the story; although, it does make good for a nice twist. I also did not expect me to fly across the room when I'm so tiny. Then again, the smaller you are, the lighter you are? Something like that?

Whatever. Let's get some more chapters going, Mike. The action's just getting good.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"]Wow, so 8-Bit's done a Robocop job has he ? Gonna be interesting to see how Mike deals with this, even if having a gun pointed right between his eyes isn't anything really that new to him. Heh.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Wow, awesome! I'm liking the fact that I have inhuman strength and cybernetic limbs. I'm really quite honored to have this incomprehensible strength. Thank you, everyone! :bow:

The action in this chapter seemed more quick and to the point this time around, which I felt may have come off a little rushed. However it was still very thrilling and I wasn't disappointed at all. Excellent chapter. :animesmil

And like DW, my favourite part was definitely...

[quote=Mike][size=1]?And the name?s Zen now, 8bit.?

?Fuck if I care. You?re gonna be called dead in a few minutes anyways.?[/size][/quote][/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]

[b]OOC:[/b] I'm going to try something different now. Something that I don't think has been tried outside of Kill Adam and a few select RPGs. I'm gonna try to get a soundtrack going for each fight scene. So, if you want to hear some music while you read to add some mood to the action, feel free to click on the youtube window.

If not, just read, I'm sure the experience won't be that different, I just thought it'd be interesting and kinda cool. Enjoy.[center][color=royalblue]

[YOUTUBE="The Hit 2 Soundtrack: 8bit vs. Zen"]zG8Q9zUkVqQ[/YOUTUBE]

[b]Chapter 23:[/b] Unleashed
[/center]

A hot flash of instinct and anger overcame my mind and body, starting from my heart and pulsing through my veins with a healthy dose of adrenaline. My eyes dilated, the hair covering my body all stood on end, and a wave of heat overcame me. My muscles all tensed at once and suddenly my left hand, as if on its own, whipped forth and snatched the barrel of 8bit's APS. My eyes looked into his, an expression of unshakable fury carved into my features. A look of fear slowly spread over 8bit's face, and I knew then that I would not lose.

Because I was a killer.

I pulled the APS down to the floor just as 8bit began firing rounds off in a panic, sending pieces of broken marble into the air. I roared with a fiery battle cry and brought my blade down on his arm, aiming for his shoulder, but he quickly realized the danger and released his weapon. Stepping back several steps, he put up his hands, ready to fight. I smiled, showing my teeth like an alpha male wolf ready to defend his territory. My legs pushed from beneath me and propelled my body across the room at my opponent; a flurry of sword slashes erupting from me. 8bit expertly dodged, blocking the odd strike with his cybernetic arm.

I saw through the corner of my eye his leg shoot up to counter attack, but I blocked with my blade's side and pushed it back to the floor. Swinging around in a three-sixty, I raised my own foot into the air and slammed it aside 8bit's face, causing him to stumble a few feet before throwing another attack me, this time a straight punch to my jaw with his normal hand. My head jerked back, but 8bit and I both knew that he couldn't match me in a hand-to-hand battle. He ran for his APS left on the floor behind me, but I threw my blade like a spear in between him and the gun, causing him to spin around and look in my direction. However, I was already in the air, my leg cocked in, ready to unleash a straight piercing kick onto 8bit's head.

His body quickly ducked beneath my attack, but my second leg shot out as well, bashing 8bit's surprised face, sending him onto his back. I grabbed my sword as he quickly did a kip-up, and once again tried to assault me with hand to hand. His movements were quick, but it was obvious that he didn't possess the talent to back up his newly gained body. He screamed aloud in frustration while I danced around his various punches and sloppy kicks, [b]"Stand still, you bastard!"[/b]

I didn't respond, I was in the zone. My fight mode had been engaged for once, unhindered by fear or surprise attack. For the first time in a long while, I felt as though I was fighting at my peak, at last. 8bit threw yet another messy high kick at my head, but I ducked beneath it, and in a swift counter attack, I brought my blade across his still-flesh abdomen. His clothing tore open and blood spilled from the deep gash, spreading across the room as he ended his rotation from the kick. He growled in pain, and grabbed at his chest.

Normally I would've given an individual the option of ending the fight now, and seeking medical attention. However, this wasn't the first time 8bit had tried to kill me, and I wasn't going to risk him coming back a third time. A hoarse roar belted from my lungs as I ran forth for the final blow, but 8bit blocked swiftly with his cybernetic arm. This time, however, it didn't hold up as well, and my blade cleaved directly through his wrist, effectively severing his hand.

Black lubricating oil and electrical sparks burst out from the wounded prosthetic, and 8bit was clearly afraid for his life at this point. He withdrew from his battle position for a moment, as if attempting to contemplate whether or not he should run. But I wouldn't give him a choice. My attack continued, I ran forth several feet and then planted my right foot onto the floor, leaping into a spinning slash, I brought my blade down across 8bit's left arm at the bicep, leaving behind a deep gash in the muscle. My blade continued along its path and left another laceration in his upper torso. Blood splashed from the wound onto my clothing and face.

8bit howled in agony, and dropped down to his knees, leaping off to the side and rolling. Slowly gaining his footing again, his left arm hung useless from his side, unable to move due to a severed bicep. His right arm, minus a hand, was equally useless at this point. However, 8bit still had an undaunted look on his face, despite the blood gushing from his lips and abdomen. [b]"You motherfucker... do you see *cough*, do you see what you've done to me?!"[/b] he spit a large glob of blood onto the floor and grimaced. [b]"You'll pay!"[/b]

He rushed forward head first with a raised cybernetic stump over his face. He recklessly swung at me with his legs, kicking and swinging his shins around attempting to land a blow on my head and chest. I dodged three swift, but clumsy attacks, and then ended 8bit's attempts by severing his left leg at the knee with a powerful slash. Similar oil and sparks burst from the limb as his shin and foot fell to the floor. He screamed in hatred at me as he fell to the floor, now useless.

All mercy had left my psyche as I looked down without remorse at downed opponent. A frown spread across my lips and I put my foot down onto 8bit's heaving chest. [b]"Now you listen to me."[/b] I spoke in a cold tone, no emotion. [b]"You're going to tell me who sent you... now!" [/b]I placed heavier weight onto my foot over his sternum.

8bit coughed up blood and spat the crimson up at me. [b]"Fuck you!"[/b] he screamed as he squirmed beneath me. It crossed my mind what he'd said before, and it was evident by his obvious anger and bared emotion that he had no secrets he was holding.

[b]"Go to sleep."[/b] I lifted my odachi into the air and plunged the blade into 8bit's heart, ceasing his breathing and movement. His faced grimaced once last time as he looked up to my eyes with pure anger, as if cursing my soul before dying. With once last cough, a final burst of blood gurgled from his lips and his life finally ceased.

At that very moment, Retribution saw from across the room my last action. No longer focused on the fight with Erica, he shouted in rage and sorrow at me. [b]"Bit! YOU FUCKING BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!"[/b] He screamed as he ran past Erica, his gun pointed at me, firing as he ran towards me foolishly. Unfortunately for Retribution, I was still in kill mode. I ducked low and zigzagged in-between his random shots, and with a single motion, brought my blade across his belly and liver. The rest of my body continued past Retribution. Slowly stumbling to a stop, he fell to his knees behind me, and then onto his face.

A puddle of blood surrounded Retribution as he bled out rapidly. I steadily paced back towards him as he breathed his last breath. I raised my sword to end his life mercifully, but I stopped when I realized sounds emitting from his lips. Laughs.
[b]
"Hehehehe... We aren't the only ones.... Hehehehe... You will die, you bastard. You will die."

"What? Who? Who's coming?! Who hired you?!"[/b] my angered voice spoke, attempting to get answers from the dying man.

But he was already dead.

[/color][/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Alas, for I detest angsty metal with no true purpose. Next time consult the girl that actually spends time listening to good hard rock before killing all of our eardrums.

*backhand*

Oh yes, and it's been too long since we've seen the Crusader and his gorgeous wife. Although that makes me sound like a side dish. It's been too long since we've seen Raiha and the Crusader.

....but that doesn't work too. Help me here people.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Woah, this is getting crazy :] What's even going on anymore? You weren't kidding when you told me on AIM it got intense and people got their bodily fluids splattered everywhere. As much as I love 8Bit's character, the death seemed appropriate. But you're a bastard anyway :P[/size]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]And here I was, like with D'Ann's last installment of [B]Hell Is Where The Heart Is[/B], half-expecting [B]Retribution[/B] and Erica to [i]at least[/i] have a larger fighting scene. Then again, the title did say: 8Bit VS. Zen; which I would like to say was not the way I thought it would end. It was bloody, gorey, and definitely had a bit of a [B]Kill Bill[/B] feel to it. I was and am impressed.

Moving on, I think it's time that the lovely cake-sexed couple make their way back into the story. I think, for now, they can suffice with the amount of alone time they've had. They'll have plenty of opportunities to kiss-and-make-up later.[/size][/color]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Being that the story is being told through a first-person perspective, it'd be unrealistic to say that I was watching your fight while simultaneously fighting my own cybernetic opponent. But I'll try my best to have a fight scene where I can highlight certain people other than myself (maybe have me step back and watch).

And yes, Gavin and Raiha are coming back in the next chapter. Again, its hard to tell multiple story lines using a first person perspective. So every character involved has to be currently involved with Zen, otherwise he has no idea what they are up to or doing or thinking.

Look to the bright side, Raiha and Reve. Atleast you didin't get chopped to pieces like 8bit or Retribution.

But thanks for the comments everyone. I'm glad you are enjoying the story.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]Damn that was pretty gory, not that I have a problem with it, but damn, you sliced those two up pretty bad didn't you Mike. Makes me wonder what Gavin knows about all this, seeing as he arrived before all this occurred, calling himself Zen's guardian.

Cool idea with the music by the way, definitely an interesting addition.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Oh dude that was brutal. I love the way you don't make the action seem too flowery, you just get down to the bare bones of it and make it as bloodthirsty as possible.

Nice to leave it a little open-ended as well - looks like people are coming directly for Zen this time, rather than him just getting in the way. Looking forward (I think) to seeing what Gavin and Raiha have been up to in the time you've been off flirting with Erica.

The music is a nice addition, too.
[/SIZE]

[size=1]

[b]OOC:[/b] Thank you all for the comments. The music addition will only be for fight scenes to add mood, because I don't think it will always fit in every situation, but I do plan on using music more often in the future. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Also, please forgive grammatical errors until I get them corrected. Microsoft Word hates me.

[color=royalblue]
[center][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5513/hitmantextxp7.jpg[/img][/center]

[b][center]Chapter 24:[/b] Don't Come A Knockin'.[/center]

Erica and I were very fortunate that our fights had been brief. Police sirens could be heard far off in the distance, and a small crowd of curious onlookers had begun to gather outside the now abandoned sushi bar. Rubble, gore, and empty shell casings now filled the once prestine cafe. The two of us would have to be quick in our escape, and leave behind the bodies of our opponents. Hopefully we didn't leave any DNA back on the scene.

Grabbing my weapon, the two of us pushed our way through the shouting, grabbing crowd, stained with crimson and sweat. The jog to the hotel was one of the longest three blocks I've ever encountered in my life. I found myself looking over my shoulder every few seconds, paranoid of the police and stray followers from the sushi bar. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I was also afraid of seeing the shadowy visage of an assassin trailing me, as Retribution had warned with his dying breath.

Asserting ourselves rudely through pedestrian traffic, we caught many strange, questioning looks, which only served to make me even more nervous. Approaching the tall hotel, we slowed our pace and attempted to appear incognito, walking in calmly and scanning our room key at the front desk for entrance. The clerk gave us a forced smile and welcome, and we continued along the elevator. We entered the first one to arrive, which happened to be crowded already by various individuals.

The elevator ride was almost as long as the walk. I attempted to look dead ahead of me and avoid the odd stares shot at me from the various business men and tourist aboard. Stinking of blood and persperation. I could only imagine what this looked like. I decided just to stay queit.

When we arrived at our floor, me and Erica stepped off quickly. As soon as our feet left the elevator, a suspicious looking older Japanese businessman began to frantically press the door-close button. As the two steel slabs began slowly close I gave the man a cockeye and flipped the bird before it completed. He gave me a disgusted and fearful look just as the door shut. As soon as the doors closed, I heaved a huge sigh. It was the first time I'd breathed since leaving the cafe. I think Erica released some pent up air herself before we made our way back to the room.

[b] "Man... I can't believe I'm actually happy to be here..."[/b] I said with relief as Erica slid the key into the door. Opening the sliding door, a thick odor of bodily fluids and hormones floated into my nostrils. [b] "Ah! What smells like sex?!"[/b] I half-groaned and shouted as I stepped in to see Gavin and Raiha curled together on the floor with several pillows and blankets over and beneath them, both a satisfied and tired look on their faces.

[b] "You might want to get us some new sheets, there, Zen."[/b] Raiha laughed at me, a lit cigarette hanging from her lips.

[b] "Aw! Gross!"[/b] I spat. Normally sex wouldn't gross me out, but the general intensity and warmth spread across the room let me know that some freaky stuff had gone down, along with the several red scratches and bite marks spread across Gavin's large body. Not to mention the smell.

[b] "Come now, Zen? Was it now? It's just love making between husband and wife."[/b] Gavin's spoke with a smile, as if he were my older brother.

[b] "What the hell? A guy whom I've had a fight to the death with just blew his load all over my sheets! This is by and far the weirdest situation I've ever walked into."[/b]

[b] "You obviously haven't known Raiha a long time, Zen."[/b] Erica chimed in from behind me, stepping into the room and retrieving her personal bag. [b] "I'm going to go freshen up,"[/b] she gave me a quick once over. [b] "I suggest you do the same."[/b]

Erica stepped past me back into the hallway towards the bathroom. [b] "What's that supposed to..."[/b] I looked down at my messy, bloody clothes and skin and realized that she was right. [b] "Oh."[/b]

[b] "You look like you've been through something, there, old friend."[/b] Gavin gave a concerned look at my appearance.

[b] "Yeah, me and Erica ran into some trouble out th-, wait, did you just call me old friend?"[/b] Gavin shrugged with a smile. I might as well forget any grudge, because it was obvious he already had. [b] "Nevermind... we ran into two assassins while we were out. Retribution and White, or 8bit, whatever... they're dead. We got away before the cops showed up."[/b]

[b] "That was faster than I expected. Black Hand works fast..."[/b] Gavin spoke contemplatively.

[b] "What do you mean? You knew about this?"[/b]

[b] "Of course, word travels quick through the underworld. Black Hand knows about James' little deal with you, Zen. They've probably hired some of the world's best to take care of you... But you say you killed them?"[/b]

[b] "Yeah. I'd fought them before but apparently I didn't do a good enough job.... One of them told me that more were coming before he died."[/b]

[b] "I think I might know who he meant..."[/b]

[b] "What?! How? Who?"[/b] My heart sank slightly and I could feel my eyes widen.

[b] "The Riot."[/b]

[b] "But I thought you-"[/b]

[b] "They got away, I'm afraid, after you beat them to James..."[/b]

A cold sweat began to well up on my forehead and fear ran up my spine and through my veins. Black Hand wanted me dead in the worst possible way if they were willing to hire psychopaths like The Riot.

Raiha laughed and snuggled into Gavin. [b] "Well, you're pretty much fucked, huh?"[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Another top-notch installment, Mike; even after your long hiatus, you still manage to break out amazing lines. I'm still impressed. Though, I've got to say, you've created a lifetime of mess for yourself. I mean, really you've opened a wormhole and create a lifetime of messes- however short that lifetime may be.

[quote name='Zen'][size=1][color=royalblue]Raiha laughed and snuggled into Gavin. [b] "Well, you're pretty much fucked, huh?"[/b][/color][/size][/QUOTE] She definitely took the words right out of my own mouth.[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh come on, don't begrudge the wife and her long lost husband. They haven't had sex in years. It's not their fault!

Stands to reason they have plenty to make up for. Time, distance, etc. You should be happy they're getting along. When they are, your odds of survival dramatically increase.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]A guy you...blew his...ew...

You hurt my mind with this installment I must say. I need to go and wash it - preferably with bleach. And it will be interesting to see the Riot back in action - they were always fun.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You should be happy they're getting along. When they are, your odds of survival dramatically increase.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Just what I was thinking. If you want to take out The Riot, obviously the best solution would be us, and even more deadly assassin couple. It'll be interesting to see them back in action again anyway, the Riot that is.[/SIZE]

I haven't commented since it's start, but I just thought I'd say real quick like, that I love the story so far. It's very entertaining, and your fight scenes are more coherent than the first time around which makes me very happy

[center][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5513/hitmantextxp7.jpg[/img]

[b]Chapter 25:[/b] Hello Tomorrow.[/center]

Blood and dirt flowed with the water off of my body as I stood in the shower, my head down as the hot water poured down my neck and back. Several large bruises were scattered along my body, but I felt lucky for the lack of gunshot wounds and broken bones. However, I was afraid that I may have some deep muscle or bone bruising. Note to self, mechanical men tend to hit a little harder than regular joes. I stood nude in the steaming hot shower for some time, plotting in my mind the next move I should make. I could either wait for The Riot to find me, lay in waiting for them, and by God's good graces come out victorious before rushing off to do what I came to do... Or I could risk being attacked by the Riot while my pants were down facing another opponent like last time. Option A sounded much better, but I could only wait for so long. Or I could be worrying for no reason. For all I knew, Gavin's hunch could be wrong.

But I doubted it...

After toweling off, I looked myself in the mirror. I looked pretty horrible still. My eyes were visibly tired, and my face was still swollen from being pistol whipped into eternity earlier. I brushed my teeth and shaved. Taking a moment to have a good look at myself in the mirror, I looked into my own brown eyes and ran a hand through the short auburn hair on top of my head. I wondered how many more times I would see my own reflection, or if that reflection would be the same me. I'd changed. I could tell. A killer instinct had reawaked in me that I'd lost. But something new was coming into the equation, and I wasn't sure if I liked it...

I returned to the room where everyone else was fast asleep. Erica slept on the top bunk on the left side of the room while Gavin and Raiha laid sprawled on the floor to the right. I shrugged and laid down on the bottom bunk-hole in the wall. I wore nothing but my boxers, but I doubted modesty would be an issue with company like this. I crawled beneath my covers and before I could even get comfortable, I was asleep. It'd been a long day.

I dreamed again. A vivid vision of battle as me and Gavin ran fearlessly into battle against a thousand foes. Death poured from our weapons as we slaughtered the men before us mercilessly, and I roared in triumph and blood thirst. I watched myself in battle from out of my body and I saw a monster. Rage and joy mixed in a contorted expression on my face, my eyes burning red with blood.

I woke to a forceful nudging at my side. I turned to see Erica's bespectacled, her hand poking my side with an pointing finger. [b] "Come now, its almost noon."[/b]

[b] "Am I still in Japan?"[/b]

[b] "Yes. And we have a lot of work to do, so get up."[/b]

[b] "What's on the menu today, then?"[/b] I pulled the covers from off of myself, forgetting that I was mostly naked. Erica blushed visibly, but kept her composure.

[b] "We're going to go chase down a few leads to find the Black Hand's headquarters."[/b]

[b] "Well,"[/b] I stood up and began pulled my bag towards me, rummaging for clothing, [b] "where are we starting?"[/b]

[b] "Just get dressed and meet me outside."[/b] Erica stood up straight and began to make her way out the door. She wore a trendy outfit comprised of a pair of vintage jeans, bright sneakers, and a green button-up pattern shirt with rolled up sleeves. It was the first time I'd seen her in anything other than business attire. I guess she really was just a normal young woman after all. Even if she was a world-class bodyguard and assassin.

I'd finished dressing myself in a pair of loose blue jeans, black Adidas Sambas and a tight Bruce Lee t-shirt. I grabbed my odachi and tossed it over my shoulder, holding it from its long black rope cord. Before leaving the room, I styled my hair in a mirror and attempted to pump myself up. I hoped that maybe I wouldn't have to kill anyone today.

I stepped into the elevator and made my way down. The door opened and I saw that Erica, Gavin, and Raiha all stood together talking, waiting for me I could guess. Raiha was dressed in a dark outfit of a violet hood jacket and black a black tank top and goucho pants. Gavin wore his normal slim black suit, but carried no cross with him, though I was certain he was still armed. I walked to them and spoke. [b] "Yo, we ready to go?"[/b]

[b] "You took long enough... we gotta get going."[/b] Raiha started walking as she talked, the others followed to the door. [b] "James told us that there is a local night club that's a front for drug distribution around the area. We're going to go there now and stake out for a bit before making our way in and-"[/b] Raiha stopped as the sliding door opened in front of us and we looked on to the hotel court yard. The four of us all stood dumbfounded at the site before us.

Two figures dressed in black cargo pants and tank tops stood in front of us. A man and a woman, both holding weapons and looking directly in front of us. Joe and Annie. The Riot. Joe lifted both arms up, holding a round-clipped R.P.D.* in each hand, a maniacal and excited smile on his face. Annie lifted her own platinum plated Desert Eagles as well, a sly smirk on her lips.

Joe grinned maliciously and spoke in a gritty rasp, [b] "Time for some fun!"[/b][/color]

*R.P.D. = A Soviet made light machine gun, normally mounted or wielded with two hands.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You meant...Raiha not Erica when describing the second outfit the second female was wearing? Yes? Oh well. I'll proceed as normal. Dibs on gouging out Annie's eyes.

Wait your turn Eriju. *prod*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You meant...Raiha not Erica when describing the second outfit the second female was wearing? Yes? Oh well. I'll proceed as normal. Dibs on gouging out Annie's eyes.

Wait your turn Eriju. *prod*[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ooops. Well, I fixed that little error. Thanks for pointing it out for me.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You meant...Raiha not Erica when describing the second outfit the second female was wearing? Yes? Oh well. I'll proceed as normal. Dibs on gouging out Annie's eyes.

Wait your turn Eriju. *prod*[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=#8B008B]Wait my turn, she says. AND she prods me, as well. How rude~!

Fine, fine. But I get to shoot someone in the balls...and I get to kick someone's head in. Please and thank you.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"]Poor Annie and Joe, they're out-numbered and really, out-classed. I give them a chapter or two before they go the same way as 8-Bit and Retri.

On a side note Mike, slim black suit for Gavin, nice choice, very mortician. Heh.[/SIZE]

[center][size=1][color=royalblue][YOUTUBE="The Hit 2: The Riot"]wR9Ot2HAxLw[/YOUTUBE]

[b]Chapter 26:[/b] Riot Control[/center]

Joe's eye caught a sparkle, and we all moved instantly as a hail of gunfire blasted from the mercenary's dual machine guns. Sparks and ricochets surrounded me in particular as his fire focused on my location. I quickly leapt behind the courtyard fountain along with Gavin while Erica and Raiha bravely confronted the Desert Eagle wielding Annie. She fired wildly at the two while Raiha began loosing her needle arsenal. Erica, meanwhile, reached into her button shirt and withdrew a black Glock. Both women maintained a zig-zag movement as they approached their target. I watched Erica raise her gun steadily just as my line of sight was interrupted by a chunk of flying rubble.

Gavin leapt from his cover and withdrew two AK-47u's from his person. The miniature versions of the Russian assault rifles seemed like cap-guns in Gavin's large hands. I started to feel left out, as I was the only person without firearms. Gavin began to walk sideways and let off bursts of fire at Joe, who simply stayed his ground without hesitation. I watched as short spurts of blood flew off his person, bullets grazing his arms and torso. He hardly seemed to even realize that he was being shot. Gavin was unable to get a clean hit as Joe had yet to end his own firing. Large machine gun shell casings fell into piles at Joe's feet. Blocks of concrete and rubble burst out of the pavement and marble fountain as the vicious gunfire flew through the air. It was a literal firestorm occurring, and the surrounding Japanese residents were terrified, every pedestrian for several blocks had ran scared into the distance.

While Joe and Gavin occupied one another, I took my opportunity to rush Joe from the side. Unsheathing my blade, I ran low to the ground with my sword and sheath to my sides. Joe caught my movement from the corner of his eye and turn one of his RPD's in my direction, simultaneously firing at me and Gavin at once, all the while manically laughing. My speed accelerated and I began to leap side to side in bursts in order to avoid his already shoddy aim. The massive recoil of the weapons didn't provide steady shooting, but the immense fire power and large ammunition more than made up for that. Pieces of sidewalk and cement flew into my face as the large bullets bounced around my feet.

I leapt forward and planted my feet firmly before pulling into a double leg misty flip, closing the distance finally between me and Joe. Before I could go into attack mode, Joe was already turning his body to assault me with the RPDs, now like heavy clubs. I dodged the slow, trudging swipes easily and swung my blade across his chest. He slid back, but I still managed to make a shallow cut on his sternum. However, his counter was unflinching as he brought his heavy booted foot into my stomach hard, causing me to keel over and cough harshly. I felt blood enter my mouth from my esophagus and quickly realized that Joe's brute strength was on par with Gavin's.

Before I was able to recover, I felt the hot steel of a gun barrel smash against my chin. The uppercut gun butt sent me reeling backwards and I fell onto my back. As I attempted to look up, all I could see was a large machine gun barrel pointing down at me. Behind it was Joe's heinous grin. He licked his teeth as he slowly brought his finger down onto the trigger. Then, out of nowhere, Gavin's enormous body flew across the pavement and slammed into Joe hard with a powerful shoulder ram, which sent the mercenary rolling across the ground. Gavin raised his two weapons as my eyes drifted towards his face, a murderous, berserker-like expression on his face. Bloodthirst in his eyes. The Crusader had awakened.

[b] "Amen."[/b][/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]Well now, how's Joe going to get out of this ? Seeing as I've effectively ripped off the eye-patch and decided I can have some fun with him. OK, well maybe not get out of it, but at least not die straight away.

And get to the girl-on-girl action damn it Mike.[/SIZE]