OtakuBoards

MyOtaku=The Past=Bad?

sbsp13668

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I've been getting the impression that MyOtaku is being ignored in all these changes/improvements because some people think that those who are sticking with MyOtaku are unwilling to change. The fact is that some people are sticking with MyOtaku because they don't like change and other people are with MyOtaku because they simply don't like the changes that have been made around TheOtaku and MyOtaku. There are many reasons people don't like these changes, they're inconvenient and they're seperating TheOtaku and MyOtaku. Maybe I'm a little late in voicing this, but this point of view needs to be voiced and it would be great if something could be done about it.

The first change should be well known by now, since many Otaku-ians agree that it's caused some inconveniences for them. That change would be the limit placed on pictures, music, and videos in Worlds. The limit on pictures in World blogs disables users from joining clubs, since the club banner is a picture. Of course several users also like posting a few images in their posts, such as avatars, captioned pictures, photos, and pictures of the week (or however often the user posts). Then there's the no playlist rule, which makes Worlds dull compared to MyOtaku sites. Besides, some people post rather long posts and one song just isn't going to last long enough for a music lover to get through the whole post with their sanity intact. Well, I think you get the point here; Worlds aren't as interesting as sites.

Another inconvenience created by Version Vibrant is commenting and private messaging. On a similar note with the picture, music, and video limit, the new comment system is dull. No colour and no font styles=no fun. Comments are [I]always[/I] interesting to read, but font style and colour allow users to get a little more creative with their comments and it can show off personality or identification. Some users use colours to identify themselves, such as Raina always using the blue font and Magnus Lensherr always using the indigo font. Also, the new comment window on TheOtaku doesn't work so well with older computers; sometimes the comment box takes [B]forever[/B] to open or just freezes the computer up. As for the PM problem, the link between both websites in PMs was a luxury we all took for granted. Those on MyOtaku are forced to go to TheOtaku to read their PMs, so it seems that the two websites are being divided purposely, since the only link still holding the two together is the portfolio link that everyone's used to. I could go on for ages about the inconvenience of the PM problem, but I don't have ages to go on about something and I'm sure other members have already voiced their opinion on this problem too.

Here's the major point put up against people still hanging out on MyOtaku: those who stick with MyOtaku are anti-social and are mean to the new members for not wanting to talk to them. [I]Not true.[/I] Now that TheOtaku and MyOtaku have been divided, some people have chosen TheOtaku blogging and others have chosen MyOtaku blogging, the smart people have chosen both. It doesn't sound totally fair to be choosing sides (or to even be forced into choosing sides), but MyOtaku-ians prefer the friends who are still on MyOtaku too. Whereas, TheOtaku-ians prefer the friends who've gone to TheOtaku. Then there's smart members, such as ElvesAteMyRamen, who are blogging on TheOtaku and MyOtaku, so they don't have to make people choose. Therefore, users still on MyOtaku aren't being mean towards new members or anti-social, they're choosing (what they believe to be) a sort of lesser of two evils. Most MyOtaku-ians are blogging on MyOtaku to keep their better friends stuck to MyOtaku happy, but are commenting on Worlds as well. (I think Elves' approach to this issue is still the best though, since it allows both types of Otaku-ians to feel comfortable).

The next change serves as an inconvenience and a separation, subscriptions. Subscriptions are a great feature, they really let you keep up with your friends' activities. However, if you've subscribed to a lot of members, you won't be able to keep up with a lot of their activities. The list showing new updates from the subscribed members only shows about 15 of the newest updates and bumps any older updates on the list. So people who are subscribed to a lot of members can't keep up with all the updates, since they keep getting bumped off the list by other updates. MyOtaku allows users to see who's updated most recently, but that's only for blogs, so even that has a downside. If Version Vibrant hadn't come along, users would be able to keep track of subscribed members' artwork and blogs through MyOtaku's backroom and the Artist Tracker feature that used to be on TheOtaku.

Lastly, MyOtaku acted as a home to several members, expecting them to leave those memories and friends to make Worlds isn't fair. The Guestbook and Archives on MyOtaku are full of memories for members who've been around a while. MyOtaku has a few flaws, but with all these changes happening to TheOtaku it's being ignored. The reason for the lack of acknowledgement seems to be the idea that MyOtaku-ians will never accept change and that TheOtaku is better than MyOtaku. Both sites are awesome, but improvements need to happen to[I] both[/I] sites. I'm not saying stop blogging on TheOtaku, or that MyOtaku is better than TheOtaku. I'm saying that introducing a different blogging system was a screw up (and it can't be helped now), but there are more improvements needed on MyOtaku as well as on TheOtaku in order to satisfy all members. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, it's just an opinion. A poorly written opinion that I might have to come back to later, but at the moment I'm out of time. So try to understand this and let's all try to push for[I] better[/I] changes. :catgirl: LOL! I never liked OtakuBoards very much, but I'm kinda glad nothing bad has happened to [I]this[/I] website at least! :catgirl:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I've been getting the impression that MyOtaku is being ignored in all these changes/improvements because some people think that those who are sticking with MyOtaku are unwilling to change. The fact is that some people are sticking with MyOtaku because they don't like change and other people are with MyOtaku because they simply don't like the changes that have been made around TheOtaku and MyOtaku. There are many reasons people don't like these changes, they're inconvenient and they're seperating TheOtaku and MyOtaku. Maybe I'm a little late in voicing this, but this point of view needs to be voiced and it would be great if something could be done about it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

Fire away.

[quote]The first change should be well known by now, since many Otaku-ians agree that it's caused some inconveniences for them. That change would be the limit placed on pictures, music, and videos in Worlds. The limit on pictures in World blogs disables users from joining clubs, since the club banner is a picture. Of course several users also like posting a few images in their posts, such as avatars, captioned pictures, photos, and pictures of the week (or however often the user posts). Then there's the no playlist rule, which makes Worlds dull compared to MyOtaku sites. Besides, some people post rather long posts and one song just isn't going to last long enough for a music lover to get through the whole post with their sanity intact. Well, I think you get the point here; Worlds aren't as interesting as sites. [/quote]

First of all, the term is "Otakuite," you hoodlum. :smirk: Also, while I agree with many of your statements, your "point" happens to be an opinion. It would be best if you state it as such.

[quote]Another inconvenience created by Version Vibrant is commenting and private messaging. On a similar note with the picture, music, and video limit, the new comment system is dull. No colour and no font styles=no fun. Comments are [I]always[/I] interesting to read, but font style and colour allow users to get a little more creative with their comments and it can show off personality or identification. Some users use colours to identify themselves, such as Raina always using the blue font and Magnus Lensherr always using the indigo font. Also, the new comment window on TheOtaku doesn't work so well with older computers; sometimes the comment box takes [B]forever[/B] to open or just freezes the computer up. As for the PM problem, the link between both websites in PMs was a luxury we all took for granted. Those on MyOtaku are forced to go to TheOtaku to read their PMs, so it seems that the two websites are being divided purposely, since the only link still holding the two together is the portfolio link that everyone's used to. I could go on for ages about the inconvenience of the PM problem, but I don't have ages to go on about something and I'm sure other members have already voiced their opinion on this problem too.[/quote]

Most of this is probably to avoid cluttering up the sites and eating away bandwidth. Also, I'm pretty sure comments aren't necessarily supposed to be "fun." They're a way for users to discuss work and give criticism or show interest. Besides, we have those cute little emotes now.

[quote]Here's the major point put up against people still hanging out on MyOtaku: those who stick with MyOtaku are anti-social and are mean to the new members for not wanting to talk to them. [I]Not true.[/I] Now that TheOtaku and MyOtaku have been divided, some people have chosen TheOtaku blogging and others have chosen MyOtaku blogging, the smart people have chosen both. It doesn't sound totally fair to be choosing sides (or to even be forced into choosing sides), but MyOtaku-ians prefer the friends who are still on MyOtaku too. Whereas, TheOtaku-ians prefer the friends who've gone to TheOtaku. Then there's smart members, such as ElvesAteMyRamen, who are blogging on TheOtaku and MyOtaku, so they don't have to make people choose. Therefore, users still on MyOtaku aren't being mean towards new members or anti-social, they're choosing (what they believe to be) a sort of lesser of two evils. Most MyOtaku-ians are blogging on MyOtaku to keep their better friends stuck to MyOtaku happy, but are commenting on Worlds as well. (I think Elves' approach to this issue is still the best though, since it allows both types of Otaku-ians to feel comfortable). [/quote]

Now I'm positively sure I missed something. When did a war start over a blogging system feud?

[IMG]http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/internet-24591.jpg[/IMG]

[quote]The next change serves as an inconvenience and a separation, subscriptions. Subscriptions are a great feature, they really let you keep up with your friends' activities. However, if you've subscribed to a lot of members, you won't be able to keep up with a lot of their activities. The list showing new updates from the subscribed members only shows about 15 of the newest updates and bumps any older updates on the list. So people who are subscribed to a lot of members can't keep up with all the updates, since they keep getting bumped off the list by other updates. MyOtaku allows users to see who's updated most recently, but that's only for blogs, so even that has a downside. If Version Vibrant hadn't come along, users would be able to keep track of subscribed members' artwork and blogs through MyOtaku's backroom and the Artist Tracker feature that used to be on TheOtaku.[/quote]

This is a good point and I can see your concern.

[quote]Lastly, MyOtaku acted as a home to several members, expecting them to leave those memories and friends to make Worlds isn't fair. The Guestbook and Archives on MyOtaku are full of memories for members who've been around a while. MyOtaku has a few flaws, but with all these changes happening to TheOtaku it's being ignored. The reason for the lack of acknowledgement seems to be the idea that MyOtaku-ians will never accept change and that TheOtaku is better than MyOtaku. Both sites are awesome, but improvements need to happen to[I] both[/I] sites. I'm not saying stop blogging on TheOtaku, or that MyOtaku is better than TheOtaku. I'm saying that introducing a different blogging system was a screw up (and it can't be helped now), but there are more improvements needed on MyOtaku as well as on TheOtaku in order to satisfy all members.[/quote]

Homes? Leaving memories? Are we talking about a website or an impoverished 3rd world country here?

[quote][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, it's just an opinion. A poorly written opinion that I might have to come back to later, but at the moment I'm out of time. So try to understand this and let's all try to push for[I] better[/I] changes. :catgirl: LOL! I never liked OtakuBoards very much, but I'm kinda glad nothing bad has happened to [I]this[/I] website at least! :catgirl:[/color][/QUOTE]

[I]I[/I] happened to this website. Beware.

Seriously though, I understand your concern, but I think you're overreacting.

Actually, I'm pretty annoyed with theotaku's changes! Some quizzes won't show up, only the "ask guru" button! I want to create a quiz but I don't know how anymore and I can't figure out how to send the e-cards! It might just be that I'm a moron but that doesn't stop my confusion!:animecry:

[size=1]It would have been really easy to discontinue myOtaku in launching Worlds (which is undoubtedly a superior blogging platform,) but Adam was considerate enough not to. theOtaku is a very large site with a huge amount of content; although some of the features are limited right now, I imagine things will be firing on all cylinders again soon.

I'd try my best to be patient with the site. I have been actively visitng theOtaku for nearly a decade now, and Adam has always made a great effort to keep up with the concerns and interests of his visitors.

However, Adam only rarely visits OB. Have you considered sending him these concerns directly through an e-mail or PM?

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Then there's the no playlist rule, which makes Worlds dull compared to MyOtaku sites. Besides, some people post rather long posts and one song just isn't going to last long enough for a music lover to get through the whole post with their sanity intact. Well, I think you get the point here; Worlds aren't as interesting as sites.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ack! Real quick before I forget: There's these neat programs on most computers that allow you to download CD's to your computer, keep backups of the songs and play them whenever you like. Some people may not know this, but you can actually use those while browsing the internet! I do it all the time. Sometimes I do it while playing video games, too.

[quote]Here's the major point put up against people still hanging out on MyOtaku: those who stick with MyOtaku are anti-social and are mean to the new members for not wanting to talk to them.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I have never seen this sentiment, although I don't doubt that it may exist.

Unfortunately these sorts of divisions happen when a site moves to a new system - Worlds is definitely the future of the network, but it's certainly nowhere near perfect in its current form. I do know that new themes are being developed, but I also hope that there will be added options and flexibility.

I can't speak for Adam's reasoning in terms of why Worlds is so limited compared to myOtaku (although I think a lot of it has to do with ease of use for people who don't have the time or in-depth knowledge to do all of the HTML). However, I'm sure that we can add more features and options to Worlds [i]without[/i] over-complicating the system.

So in that sense I'm very much in the same boat as you. I don't know how Worlds will evolve in the coming months, but [i]my[/i] hope is that more sophisticated options will be added for the "power" users, who [i]want[/i] to move from myOtaku but can't because Worlds doesn't offer what they need.

I am sure Adam is aware of this need and I'm sure that Worlds will continue to grow - we shouldn't assume that its current form is the way it will be forever. I think the foundations are strong, but I also think that more options are needed.

I don't believe that the addition of Worlds was a screw up at all though. There are multiple reasons why it was necessary to develop a new blogging system - the foundation for Worlds is far more powerful than myOtaku and there's an added flexibility for the developers as well.

I think the key point here is that myOtaku is being kept largely to satisfy members who want to keep their myOtaku pages. But my understanding is that there will be no new developments on myOtaku. Worlds is essentially the "new" myOtaku and so it will receive the development upgrades and so on in future.
[/font]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='sbsp13668;809559][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I've been getting the impression that MyOtaku is being ignored in all these changes/improvements because some people think that those who are sticking with MyOtaku are unwilling to change. The fact is that some people are sticking with MyOtaku because they don't like change and other people are with MyOtaku because they simply don't like the changes that have been made around TheOtaku and MyOtaku. There are many reasons people don't like these changes, they're inconvenient and they're seperating TheOtaku and MyOtaku. Maybe I'm a little late in voicing this, but this point of view needs to be voiced and it would be great if something could be done about it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]I'm not sure if I would agree with inconvenient, for the simple reason that the changes aren't finished. Though I suppose it's inconvenient to wait on those changes to be finalized. I would still be more inclined to refer to it as a preference in how one likes to be able to blog since clearly Worlds at theOtaku is quite different and it's also clear that we are a long ways away from seeing everything Adam has in mind for the site.[quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]The first change should be well known by now, since many Otaku-ians agree that it's caused some inconveniences for them. That change would be the limit placed on pictures, music, and videos in Worlds. The limit on pictures in World blogs disables users from joining clubs, since the club banner is a picture. Of course several users also like posting a few images in their posts, such as avatars, captioned pictures, photos, and pictures of the week (or however often the user posts). Then there's the no playlist rule, which makes Worlds dull compared to MyOtaku sites. Besides, some people post rather long posts and one song just isn't going to last long enough for a music lover to get through the whole post with their sanity intact. Well, I think you get the point here; Worlds aren't as interesting as sites.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]Though I agree that the change limits how many pictures and videos one can put on a site, visually that is, it does not stop one from being a member of a fan club. It simply requires you to use a link to the banner instead of having it displayed along with other pictures as well. So though a member may prefer to have that banner showing along with other pictures, to say it keeps you from being a club member is incorrect.

As for music, again you're going by preference. I can see how people who like having music on their blog find it annoying, but on the other side of the coin, I hate visiting a site where music starts playing the moment I arrive. So in all honesty, that's a feature that I don't miss at all. Since I've never required music in the background in order to read a post. ^_~ Whether or not the music will return as a feature, I don't know. [quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Another inconvenience created by Version Vibrant is commenting and private messaging. On a similar note with the picture, music, and video limit, the new comment system is dull. No colour and no font styles=no fun. Comments are [I]always[/I] interesting to read, but font style and colour allow users to get a little more creative with their comments and it can show off personality or identification. Some users use colours to identify themselves, such as Raina always using the blue font and Magnus Lensherr always using the indigo font. Also, the new comment window on TheOtaku doesn't work so well with older computers; sometimes the comment box takes [B]forever[/B] to open or just freezes the computer up. As for the PM problem, the link between both websites in PMs was a luxury we all took for granted. Those on MyOtaku are forced to go to TheOtaku to read their PMs, so it seems that the two websites are being divided purposely, since the only link still holding the two together is the portfolio link that everyone's used to. I could go on for ages about the inconvenience of the PM problem, but I don't have ages to go on about something and I'm sure other members have already voiced their opinion on this problem too. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Pm's inconvenient? This is a complaint that on some level I just don't agree with. Why? Because if you have any sort of e-mail, you have to log into that separately don't you? In that respect I don't see having pm's in only one location as an issue at all. And when you consider that the new system is a part of theOtaku, they've become closer in that respect.

Now as for the comment system, like everything else, it's new. So that's something that I imagine will only grow with time. Since I'm quite sure that it's possible to add new features to it like different fonts and text colors. As for the box loading, I do know that if I use IE I get that freezing issue you mentioned. But the moment I switch to Firefox, I no longer get it. As for older computers, not much I can say about that. [quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Here's the major point put up against people still hanging out on MyOtaku: those who stick with MyOtaku are anti-social and are mean to the new members for not wanting to talk to them. [I]Not true.[/I] Now that TheOtaku and MyOtaku have been divided, some people have chosen TheOtaku blogging and others have chosen MyOtaku blogging, the smart people have chosen both. It doesn't sound totally fair to be choosing sides (or to even be forced into choosing sides), but MyOtaku-ians prefer the friends who are still on MyOtaku too. Whereas, TheOtaku-ians prefer the friends who've gone to TheOtaku. Then there's smart members, such as ElvesAteMyRamen, who are blogging on TheOtaku and MyOtaku, so they don't have to make people choose. Therefore, users still on MyOtaku aren't being mean towards new members or anti-social, they're choosing (what they believe to be) a sort of lesser of two evils. Most MyOtaku-ians are blogging on MyOtaku to keep their better friends stuck to MyOtaku happy, but are commenting on Worlds as well. (I think Elves' approach to this issue is still the best though, since it allows both types of Otaku-ians to feel comfortable). [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]I'm afraid I have to disagree with you just a tiny bit here. I do agree that for the most part those who are sticking to myOtaku are not mean nor anti-social, however, there are some who have made the others look bad by viciously speaking out against others who favor the new Worlds blogging system. As well as alienating the new members who were not around for myOtaku. I have to say that because it's the truth. I'm sure being staff at theOtaku contributes to them ranting in my direction, since they are only frustrated, but still, I've been at the receiving end of some very nasty rants and personal attacks over the change.

Now I do not see it as a trend nor do I think all myOtaku users are like this, I'm only saying that I can see how such a belief or rumor is floating around. Because there is some level of truth to it. But again, that's more of a case of individuals and not an indication that myOtaku users in general are like that.

Now as for preferring one site over another, I think ElvesAteMyRamen has the right approach, not expecting either group to choose. I don't blog at both sites, but that's more because I prefer to stick to the change, and an issue of time too, though I do log in and check up on those friends of mine who have stuck with myOtaku.[quote name='sbsp13668;809559][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]The next change serves as an inconvenience and a separation, subscriptions. Subscriptions are a great feature, they really let you keep up with your friends' activities. However, if you've subscribed to a lot of members, you won't be able to keep up with a lot of their activities. The list showing new updates from the subscribed members only shows about 15 of the newest updates and bumps any older updates on the list. So people who are subscribed to a lot of members can't keep up with all the updates, since they keep getting bumped off the list by other updates. MyOtaku allows users to see who's updated most recently, but that's only for blogs, so even that has a downside. If Version Vibrant hadn't come along, users would be able to keep track of subscribed members' artwork and blogs through MyOtaku's backroom and the Artist Tracker feature that used to be on TheOtaku. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]This is a concern that I've noticed myself, that the list is only so long, making it easy to miss an update. I would suggest addressing this with Adam directly at his world blog since I'd like to see a change made to that as well. I would imagine that making a change so keeping track of updates is easier is certainly possible. I imagine that one of the biggest benefits of the change is from a developing point of view, I'm positive that it has far more potential for adding features that myOtaku probably was not set up for on account of how old it is.[quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Lastly, MyOtaku acted as a home to several members, expecting them to leave those memories and friends to make Worlds isn't fair. The Guestbook and Archives on MyOtaku are full of memories for members who've been around a while. MyOtaku has a few flaws, but with all these changes happening to TheOtaku it's being ignored. The reason for the lack of acknowledgement seems to be the idea that MyOtaku-ians will never accept change and that TheOtaku is better than MyOtaku. Both sites are awesome, but improvements need to happen to[I] both[/I] sites. I'm not saying stop blogging on TheOtaku, or that MyOtaku is better than TheOtaku. I'm saying that introducing a different blogging system was a screw up (and it can't be helped now), but there are more improvements needed on MyOtaku as well as on TheOtaku in order to satisfy all members.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]Fair to who though? As much as I love myOtaku, I'm still not the one footing the bill. I'm not the one putting my time ([SIZE="1"]well maybe a little since I work as a moderator for free[/SIZE]) into it. What's not fair is expecting someone who has provided a service for free all these years to only do things based on how some of the members prefer it.

As much as I'd like to see both sites receive improvements, I have to wonder from a developing side if doing so is really feasible. Adam has already kept it online so that those memories won't be lost, and since it's usually common for an older blogging system to be retired when a new one is launched; I think that's more than fair.

Other than to maintain myOtaku, I imagine the main improvements are going to happen at theOtaku since I'm sure it's much easier and can do so much more. So I do not agree that the new system is a screwup. Things, especially software, become obsolete over time, requiring a change to keep up. I don't know how far behind myOtaku was, but I do remember comments to the effect that making changes was a royal pain on account of how it was set up.[quote name='sbsp13668;809559][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, it's just an opinion. A poorly written opinion that I might have to come back to later, but at the moment I'm out of time. So try to understand this and let's all try to push for[I] better[/I] changes. :catgirl: LOL! I never liked OtakuBoards very much, but I'm kinda glad nothing bad has happened to [I]this[/I] website at least! :catgirl:[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Your opinions are certainly welcome. ^_~ Though you might want to take them to Adam's World blog or address them in a pm or via e-mail. That would be the best way to get them addressed.[quote name='chibi-master'']Actually, I'm pretty annoyed with theotaku's changes! Some quizzes won't show up, only the "ask guru" button! I want to create a quiz but I don't know how anymore and I can't figure out how to send the e-cards! It might just be that I'm a moron but that doesn't stop my confusion!:animecry:[/quote]Right now the quiz system is not fully up and running other than the already existing quizzes. Once it is, you'll be able to submit quizzes again. As for sending an e-card, I'd have to take a look since I have not sent one since the change, I've been using the share links and inserting those into pm's or e-mails instead. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback, I'm aware of all the issues you mentioned, though obviously some are more important than others.

The main note I want to make is that we only launched a month ago...when MyOtaku launched in 2003 it was AWFUL. 50% of it didn't work, there was no customizability, the site was dead slow. Version Vibrant was a much bigger project than myOtaku and launched really far along.

Sites take a long time to evolve and we're evolving theOtaku faster than ANY other site out there. How many features/improvements have we made since launch? At least 15.

My best advice is to focus on the positive, not the negative. This isn't just for websites, but applies in all areas of life. You can always find reasons to complain or nag but it's ultimately healthier to find reasons to be appreciative.

[FONT=Arial]If I may add to the discussion here....

[quote name='sbsp13668;][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Lastly, MyOtaku acted as a home to several members, expecting them to leave those memories and friends to make Worlds isn't fair.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]
Do you mind if I make a quick analogy? Because I don't agree with that sentiment at all; not about the home part, but about the leaving.

When I was in the fifth grade, the plant my father worked at began laying off employees left and right because of financial concerns. My father had almost ten years on the job, but he wasn't sure that even tenure would protect him after long, and so he began searching elsewhere. He found another job in about three months. The job offer was in Tennessee. We lived in South Carolina at the time.

So we moved.

When we got there, and bought a house, we had no clue how the town worked. We had to spend the next few weeks learning all the little things: public trash pickup, and what day it came on; where the supermarkets, churches, utilities, and the library were; how the streets flowed together, especially in our neighborhood, where people from the other side of town tended to get lost; what school zones we were in.

We didn't get the option to "keep things the same". We had to change. And the memories we had at our old home?

We [I]kept[/I] them.

That's what memories are. That's what they're there for. They're not dependent on the environment they happened in, because they exist in the minds and hearts of the [I]people[/I] they happened to.

No one is asking you to leave memories behind. Honestly, that's physically impossible.

However, you [I]are[/I] being given the opportunity to make [I]new[/I] memories. Take advantage of it.

[INDENT][I]Make new friends, [U]but keep the old.[/U]
One is Silver, and the other Gold.[/I][/INDENT]

—A[/FONT]

[quote name='sbsp13668;809559][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"] Worlds aren't as interesting as sites. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]I'm going to take most of what you said as personal opinion, because other than a few points, that's what your post is about really. Like this point I quoted, I actually find Worlds more interesting because of the potential of what one can do with them. From multiple worlds to guest posting and so forth. And I see that becoming even more fun further down the road since it has so many possibilities in my mind. What makes a blogging system interesting to me isn't how one can dress it up with pictures or code, but rather the level of interaction one can have with one's friends. [quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I'm saying that introducing a different blogging system was a screw up (and it can't be helped now), but there are more improvements needed on MyOtaku as well as on TheOtaku in order to satisfy all members. [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]In my opinion, the real screw up would have been to hang on to the older site instead of building a new one that has far more potential to grow. I honestly think part of the problem is that people are assuming that what they got is all they are going to get. That they are forgetting that any new site takes time to get use to. Just as they are assuming that Adam won't add more features when he's already been doing that from day one. I think patience is in order really, for not only giving it time, but as Adam said, to think about what you've gained and what you will gain as time goes by.

That's just my opinion though. But I am satisfied with the change since I know that Adam will keep working to improve it. His actions thus far already prove that. Anyway, since the other concerns were already addressed, I'll leave those be.

[font=franklin gothic medium]sbsp, please don't think that we are entirely unsympathetic.

As I mentioned earlier, many of us have used myOtaku for years. And we got used to its features, especially its degree of freedom/customisation.

However, I think we are trying to make the most of Worlds. Objectively speaking, Worlds offers several key features that myOtaku doesn't. The ability to have multiple Worlds, guest posters and other elements is actually a pretty big deal - some members have really taken advantage of this and produced great sites.

I believe it is important to remember that Worlds is not a static site, just as myOtaku wasn't. As Adam mentioned, it's been launched with far better quality than myOtaku was back in 2003.

As time goes by, I am sure you will see further additions and changes to Worlds. Adam and co. have never been satisfied to just sit back and leave things the same - Worlds will be no different in that sense.

Like you, I have a number of suggestions on how to improve Worlds and make it a truly desirable option compared to myOtaku. But, you know...that will come in time. For now, my advice is to continue to enjoy myOtaku and to take some time to explore Worlds and see what you can do with it. You may surprise yourself. :catgirl:[/font]

I really like Worlds, but I am curious why, in 2008, such a big and powerful site does not support RSS. Every blog site I've been to has RSS, so I do not know why it is so elusive. I figure it is an easier way to [strike]stalk[/strike] follow friends than having to log into the site and check, only to see no updates. It may sound like no big deal, but those "just check" times, and for multiple sites, add up - not to mention are a waste of time.

Personally, compared to Worlds, myO is clunky. I never liked the heavy modifications many members made that broke the consistency of the site.

[quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I've been getting the impression that MyOtaku is being ignored in all these changes/improvements because some people think that those who are sticking with MyOtaku are unwilling to change. [B]The fact is that some people are sticking with MyOtaku because they don't like change [/B]and other people are with MyOtaku because they simply don't like the changes that have been made around TheOtaku and MyOtaku. There are many reasons people don't like these changes, they're inconvenient and they're seperating TheOtaku and MyOtaku. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]I'm not going to address most of your post since the others already did and because I never was a member of myOtaku. But I do have to wonder at the frame of mind behind this bit here, primarily what I highlighted. I'm going to dive a bit into philosophy here because to be frank the idea of someone who is a teenager complaining over change... I can't help but blink and wonder if I'm hearing things. Usually it's the other way around, the kids telling the adults they need to keep up with the changes.

Anyway, my point is that everything is always changing and moving, and has some aim, goal, or purpose. Why do I say that? I'm old enough to remember when the Internet didn't really exist like it does today. To remember when CD's and DVD's didn't even exist yet. When blogging sites such as myOtaku did not exist. Just as I remember how much people were downright afraid of such change. Because it was not what they were use to and I even recall speculation on how e-mail would result in regular mail falling apart.

Now I'm not saying you don't have valid concerns in regards to the new service, but I am saying that not liking change is kind of short sighted. And clinging to the past so hard that you lose sight of the future isn't healthy either. I've seen quite a bit of ranting over the change when I've browsed around and all I can think is how [I]impatient[/I] people are for the new system to receive similar upgrades or features. Or how unwilling they are to even attempt to find the benefits of the newer system.

Now since this is really about a move, I'd be telling people the same thing I told my children when we moved from one state to another, not my youngest but my eldest. The move isn't going to change, adapt, learn, and for heaven's sake! Get out there and find something fun to do instead of lamenting your old neighborhood. Unlike a true move, your friends can still follow you and I'm positive that it will only get better.

[quote name='AzureWolf']I really like Worlds, but I am curious why, in 2008, such a big and powerful site does not support RSS. Every blog site I've been to has RSS, so I do not know why it is so elusive. I figure it is an easier way to [strike]stalk[/strike] follow friends than having to log into the site and check, only to see no updates. It may sound like no big deal, but those "just check" times, and for multiple sites, add up - not to mention are a waste of time.

Personally, compared to Worlds, myO is clunky. I never liked the heavy modifications many members made that broke the consistency of the site.[/QUOTE]

We'll get to RSS eventually...The thing with RSS is that our audience generally doesn't use readers. We had an RSS feed on theO for years and the subscriber numbers were negligible (like 200 people out of our 700,000 visitors a month)...implementing RSS on WORLDS or member updates takes a lot of work because we'd want to make it scalable to potentially millions of feeds, so the cost/benefit ratio makes it less a high priority area...

[quote name='Adam']We'll get to RSS eventually...The thing with RSS is that our audience generally doesn't use readers. We had an RSS feed on theO for years and the subscriber numbers were negligible (like 200 people out of our 700,000 visitors a month)...implementing RSS on WORLDS or member updates takes a lot of work because we'd want to make it scalable to potentially millions of feeds, so the cost/benefit ratio makes it less a high priority area...[/QUOTE]I see... Well, that makes perfect sense. It is a bummer, but hey, Worlds is awesome, so this minor nuisance is nothing.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I'm not too keen on the worlds yet, but I'm still trying to get used to them. I figure once I get to know my way around everything will be peachy.

I'm just not too happy about my portfolio being totally empty now. I didn't have much uploaded to begin with, but now I have to do it all over again. *sigh*

Guest RikuHeart
Version Vibrant, I think, is pretty awesome. Having multiple worlds is really nice (though I still haven't done that yet out of lack of need) and a single, easy-to-remember URL for your entire portfolio organizes things by a ton. The design is very pretty and easy to navigate.

And this is coming from a user of myO for almost five years. :animesmil

I'll have to admit, it took me quite a while to get used to everything, having already been so accustomed to myO. I am also rather disappointed that we cannot have as much customization with Worlds as we do with myO - of course a certain degree of standardization is necessary (something that myO pretty much lacked) but I would still like to be able to see more customizable features such as a few more pictures (not a lot!), maybe a music player, etc. I also feel like myO is being left out in the dust. Everything is torn apart and just as it was wayyy back when, before the last change to theO even. Many members are staying with myO because they are more comfortable with what they already know, and others want to keep in touch with their old friends...etc. I think we myO members who built the very foundation of this site's community deserve an upgrade too.

Still, I'm very satisfied with VV. I just think that myO should get an update also.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='MomoDesu']I'm just not too happy about my portfolio being totally empty now. I didn't have much uploaded to begin with, but now I have to do it all over again. *sigh*[/QUOTE]I'd ask someone to check into that for you. I mean everything in mine transfered to the new one without a hitch. The same for my other friends too.

Anyway, in all honesty, even though myOtaku was fun and I enjoyed it. I like Worlds a lot. I do miss some of the customization but at the same time I hated all the hacked sites. The ones that looked pretty, but you couldn't access anything beyond the front page since it broke the rest.

But that's not the point, what is, in my opinion is that I find it exciting to see so many positive changes happening around the network. ^_^ From the update to OB last year to the new skins and to all the new features at theOtaku. VV, if I understand things correctly, opened it up so a lot more can be done and so the site would continue to grow.

Also, I'm really glad the pm's were moved to the newer blogging system only. One of the new features is the ability to block members and I've had members be downright nasty to me at myOtaku. So being able to simply turn my page off there so they can't leave comments, also means that with the new system, they can't send me hateful pm's anymore either.

That more than anything really makes me happy. I haven't gotten a single one since the change, which is really nice. I was getting tired of getting rants because I moderate here. I mean, it made no sense because OtakuBoards staff and theOtaku staff are separate. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Hmmm... being one of those members that joined after the change, I can't really say much about the other since I was never a part of it. I can say how much I really like the current system. I've had nothing but fun and met a lot of really great people since I joined. :catgirl: I'm not really all that familiar with how websites or blogging services work, but if all of the submissions were imported to the new system, is it possible to simply import the blogs from the old one over too? I say this since the biggest complaint I see is that the older system isn't getting the updates or improvements anymore.

I mean if the other one really has become more difficult and obsolete or rather out of date, making it difficult to implement changes. Then it makes no sense to divide your resources, maintaining something that isn't going to be updated like the newer one is. Though my understanding of that kind of thing is limited, so for all I know, doing that isn't possible either. Or practical.

I'm just thinking of my business and marketing classes I've taken and how decisions to retire older models, regardless of the medium, are often based on a necessity. That splitting one's time, money and focus is counter productive. It sounds cold and cruel, but if you don't compete, you fold. Members may bring in activity, but that doesn't pay the bill. Anyway... about the claims older members are anti-social and mean...

Based on some of the ugly fighting I've seen going on, something that as an adult I find a bit surprising to see, (though I probably shouldn't). But to see someone who is 25+ taking offense with younger teens, who though perhaps not as clear in their words, are merely stating what they think. Now that is not very mature in my opinion. It wouldn't matter what was said. I would not take my personal life or frustrations out on a total stranger, especially when said stranger is someone a lot younger than me.

So I have to agree with the earlier statement about some of the older members being mean to those who like the new system, I've seen it. >_< I'm just glad there are a lot of others out there who are nothing like that. Plus I know better than to think a few represent the community as a whole. [/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]First of all, I'm so sorry I never got back to this! XD (I get busy sometimes). Once again, sorry for the poorly written original post there doesn't seem to be a point in fixing it now though, since everyone seemed to understand it well enough anyways ^.^ Anyways! I'm here to give a few replies that I should've given sooner...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][quote name='Aceburner']Ack! Real quick before I forget: There's these neat programs on most computers that allow you to download CD's to your computer, keep backups of the songs and play them whenever you like. Some people may not know this, but you can actually use those while browsing the internet! I do it all the time. Sometimes I do it while playing video games, too.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I love doing the same! I like Windows Media Player and YouTube to listen to my music mostly. ^.^ However, by listening to other people's playlists I get to hear new music too. So I like the playlist feature mostly to hear different songs my friends are interested in, so I may discover music we both enjoy. *^.^*

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I can't speak for Adam's reasoning in terms of why Worlds is so limited compared to myOtaku (although I think a lot of it has to do with ease of use for people who don't have the time or in-depth knowledge to do all of the HTML). However, I'm sure that we can add more features and options to Worlds [i]without[/i] over-complicating the system.
I don't believe that the addition of Worlds was a screw up at all though. There are multiple reasons why it was necessary to develop a new blogging system - the foundation for Worlds is far more powerful than myOtaku and there's an added flexibility for the developers as well.[/font][/QUOTE]

I think you're right, it might be limited to avoid over-complication or because the site might to be able to handle that much data (I've heard of that happening to some forum sites, so I dunno if it can happen to others...).

"Screw up" was the wrong choice of words; Worlds aren't terrible, the point of blogging is to communicate with friends. Much of MyOtaku's additional features, such as having control over making the site and adjusting the layout, were just extras to go with the blogging system on MyOtaku. So I agree with you on that point as well, as a blogging system Worlds can be better than MyOtaku, since it's straight to the point (and simple) when it comes to posts and communicating through blogs. But part of MyOtaku and TheOtaku's success is partly due to the wonderful "extras" the sites offer to members that make the sites different from all those other blogging sites and anime sites. (This reply would go for Rachmaninoff too).

I'm sticking to my opinion on this one, I still think that MyOtaku deserves some changes to stay as an "extra" at least. Or that Worlds can become MyOtaku by having the features MyOtakuites (< thanks to Aceburner for pointing that out to me, and I love saying "hoodlum!") loved having on MyOtaku (that control over the layout and such). I'm willing to wait for the changes, I'd just like to know what changes are going to happen and for that I'm gonna go contact Adam personally after this. ^.~

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]sbsp, please don't think that we are entirely unsympathetic. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE]

No worries, I never thought anyone was being unsympathetic. In fact, I'm glad this got so many replies because I like hearing the other side of the argument (so to speak, not really an argument...) and any helpful tips that can help get around some of my troubles with the new system. :catgirl: I can see how my absence could make you think I felt this way though, and I'm really sorry for that ^.~

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'm not sure if I would agree with inconvenient, for the simple reason that the changes aren't finished. Though I suppose it's inconvenient to wait on those changes to be finalized. I would still be more inclined to refer to it as a preference in how one likes to be able to blog since clearly Worlds at theOtaku is quite different and it's also clear that we are a long ways away from seeing everything Adam has in mind for the site.Though I agree that the change limits how many pictures and videos one can put on a site, visually that is, it does not stop one from being a member of a fan club. It simply requires you to use a link to the banner instead of having it displayed along with other pictures as well. So though a member may prefer to have that banner showing along with other pictures, to say it keeps you from being a club member is incorrect.

... Pm's inconvenient? This is a complaint that on some level I just don't agree with. Why? Because if you have any sort of e-mail, you have to log into that separately don't you? In that respect I don't see having pm's in only one location as an issue at all. And when you consider that the new system is a part of theOtaku, they've become closer in that respect.

... I'm afraid I have to disagree with you just a tiny bit here. I do agree that for the most part those who are sticking to myOtaku are not mean nor anti-social, however, there are some who have made the others look bad by viciously speaking out against others who favor the new Worlds blogging system. As well as alienating the new members who were not around for myOtaku. I have to say that because it's the truth. I'm sure being staff at theOtaku contributes to them ranting in my direction, since they are only frustrated, but still, I've been at the receiving end of some very nasty rants and personal attacks over the change. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'll admit, I don't have a World myself yet. ^.^; So it was a friend of mine who was having this problem with the clubs, but thanks for the suggestion for putting the club image in a link! I'll pass that advice onto my friends who might not have thought of that yet. Thanks! :catgirl:

With the PMs you have to log into both sites, but with e-mail you only have to log into one (or with mine I do). I think it's the same thing with wanting to comment on MyOtaku as well, you can't leave a comment unless you're logged into the other site. Just a simple link to our inboxes on MyOtaku would be more convenient.

Unfortunately, I have seen some older members be so rude to the new members too. I think such rude behaviour is a disgrace to the MyOtaku/TheOtaku name, and I'm not standing up for those members. The MyOtaku/TheOtaku community is the [B]best[/B] community I've found on the internet (and still is, despite the changes, since the people here stay the same ^.^), but it's not only on MyOtaku that new members encounter such rude older members, so that's not to be used against MyOtaku (though I don't think you meant it that way anyways). I heard that Halo websites are particularly evil to new members, but that's just what I've heard ^.~

Well, my main reason for sticking with MyOtaku is the subscription issue I'm having and having control over making my site/blog as creative as possible, which Worlds (I find) limit. I think some changes are going to happen to Worlds to decrease this limitation though too :animesmil

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I'm not going to address most of your post since the others already did and because I never was a member of myOtaku. But I do have to wonder at the frame of mind behind this bit here, primarily what I highlighted. I'm going to dive a bit into philosophy here because to be frank the idea of someone who is a teenager complaining over change... I can't help but blink and wonder if I'm hearing things. Usually it's the other way around, the kids telling the adults they need to keep up with the changes.

Anyway, my point is that everything is always changing and moving, and has some aim, goal, or purpose. Why do I say that? I'm old enough to remember when the Internet didn't really exist like it does today. To remember when CD's and DVD's didn't even exist yet. When blogging sites such as myOtaku did not exist. Just as I remember how much people were downright afraid of such change. Because it was not what they were use to and I even recall speculation on how e-mail would result in regular mail falling apart.

Now I'm not saying you don't have valid concerns in regards to the new service, but I am saying that not liking change is kind of short sighted. And clinging to the past so hard that you lose sight of the future isn't healthy either. I've seen quite a bit of ranting over the change when I've browsed around and all I can think is how [I]impatient[/I] people are for the new system to receive similar upgrades or features. Or how unwilling they are to even attempt to find the benefits of the newer system.

Now since this is really about a move, I'd be telling people the same thing I told my children when we moved from one state to another, not my youngest but my eldest. The move isn't going to change, adapt, learn, and for heaven's sake! Get out there and find something fun to do instead of lamenting your old neighborhood. Unlike a true move, your friends can still follow you and I'm positive that it will only get better.[/QUOTE]

LOL! I know I can sound a bit like an old geizer when it comes to certain topics, and I could go on and on about how the darkness in the world has been forcing us young people to "mature" faster, but I don't want to bore anyone to death with my cynical antics. XD You're totally right about what you're saying to those members who don't like change simly because it's [I]change[/I] ("it's different, it's new eek!"), so I encourage anyone who's like that to read this... actually... that's an order, so read it change dislikers! Rar. ^.^

[quote name='RikuHeart']Version Vibrant, I think, is pretty awesome. Having multiple worlds is really nice (though I still haven't done that yet out of lack of need) and a single, easy-to-remember URL for your entire portfolio organizes things by a ton. The design is very pretty and easy to navigate.
Still, I'm very satisfied with VV. I just think that myO should get an update also.[/QUOTE]

If I haven't already said this, then I'll say it now... I don't [I]hate[/I] Worlds, like most people I think they could just use some improvements. I think the Worlds system is really great for those Portal discussions (dunno what they may officially be called), because they really help generate ideas/topics about certain events in an anime, game, manga, or whatever the Portal is for. And I'm glad you agree with me that MyOtaku needs some changes as well :catgirl: By the way, to those who's quotes I've shortened please don't feel offended that I'm not including every part, I'm just saving space and I certainly read all of your replies. :catgirl:

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Hmmm... being one of those members that joined after the change, I can't really say much about the other since I was never a part of it. I can say how much I really like the current system. I've had nothing but fun and met a lot of really great people since I joined. :catgirl: I'm not really all that familiar with how websites or blogging services work, but if all of the submissions were imported to the new system, is it possible to simply import the blogs from the old one over too? I say this since the biggest complaint I see is that the older system isn't getting the updates or improvements anymore.
Based on some of the ugly fighting I've seen going on, something that as an adult I find a bit surprising to see, (though I probably shouldn't). But to see someone who is 25+ taking offense with younger teens, who though perhaps not as clear in their words, are merely stating what they think. Now that is not very mature in my opinion. It wouldn't matter what was said. I would not take my personal life or frustrations out on a total stranger, especially when said stranger is someone a lot younger than me.

So I have to agree with the earlier statement about some of the older members being mean to those who like the new system, I've seen it. >_< I'm just glad there are a lot of others out there who are nothing like that. Plus I know better than to think a few represent the community as a whole. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Welcome to TheOtaku and OtakuBoards! *^.^* I'm sorry that you've had the misfortune of running into some of those nasty older members (by "older" I don't totally mean by age either, mainly as just been a member longer) and I'm glad you didn't let them get you down in staying on TheOtaku. And like I've said, MyOtaku is not to be associated with members like these, since you can find them on all sites and they aren't sharing the TheOtaku/MyOtaku spirit. Anyways, I'm really glad you're enjoying TheOtaku as well, and I hope you've made a lot of nice friends there! :catgirl:

[quote name='Adam']Hello!

Thanks for your feedback, I'm aware of all the issues you mentioned, though obviously some are more important than others.

The main note I want to make is that we only launched a month ago...when MyOtaku launched in 2003 it was AWFUL. 50% of it didn't work, there was no customizability, the site was dead slow. Version Vibrant was a much bigger project than myOtaku and launched really far along.

Sites take a long time to evolve and we're evolving theOtaku faster than ANY other site out there. How many features/improvements have we made since launch? At least 15.

My best advice is to focus on the positive, not the negative. This isn't just for websites, but applies in all areas of life. You can always find reasons to complain or nag but it's ultimately healthier to find reasons to be appreciative.[/QUOTE]

You're welcomes for the feedback, and thank you for listening! ^.~ You guys really are doing a great job by doing all these changes, I don't even know how busy you are, but thanks for all your time and effort. Some of them are fantastic, such as having fan comic descriptions work, a simpler Portal system, a better search, and lots more, so I'm not saying I don't like [I]all[/I] the changes. However, there are some changes that could be improved, and for those I'll e-mail you or PM you. (I hope you're not too busy with all those other PMs because you said you were getting a lot of them when you told people to suggest improvements as comments on your MyOtaku site).

Lastly, I'll still take your advice (and pass it on) more as an approach to my real life, but not my internet life, since that is a life I think that needs constructive criticism to help be improved (if that sounds... somewhat sane to you). I look on the negative side too much in real life, which has created my attachment to the internet. So if I follow your advice by applying it to my real life, my internet life won't get me as worked up which sounds like a good solution to me! ^.~ Thanks!:catgirl:

This doesn't have as much to do with your comment as it does have more to do with TheOtaku and MyOtaku in general: Thanks so much for creating these sites! TheOtaku/MyOtaku are the only sites I truly adore and value, so kudos to their creator! Woop! [/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkorange"]Alright, that's it for my belated replies (if anyone wanted me to reply to their comments, but I didn't get to them, please just tell me to). I'll admit I have no life, so that's why I'm so concerned about MyOtaku. I still look forward to seeing some of the great changes in store for TheOtaku, but I'd like to see some for MyOtaku ^.~ And I'm going to put this out there just as a blast from the past: I miss the jukebox, if anyone can remember that thing! XD I don't care that much that it's gone, but it was a fun little thing, wasn't it? I won't lie, other than having a friend already on TheOtaku, it was the jukebox that made me join! :animeswea Well, thank you for all the replies! I never imagined I'd get so many, and I value and have learned from your opinions. :catgirl: Thanks![/COLOR] [/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="darkorange"] I miss the jukebox, if anyone can remember that thing! XD I don't care that much that it's gone, but it was a fun little thing, wasn't it? I won't lie, other than having a friend already on TheOtaku, it was the jukebox that made me join! :animeswea[/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]I wasn't around for the jukebox, but the Caramelldansen style has one. :catgirl: It only plays that song, but I'm addicted to the thing when I'm browsing, the song is just so silly and fun! XD[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't know how popular the Jukebox was on theOtaku, but it was never terribly popular at OB. In fact, I don't think it was responsible for anyone visiting or staying here.

Right now we link to theOtaku's podcast (other than on the Caramelldansen skin, of course). It makes a bit more sense this way, although I suppose having the Jukebox [i]and[/i] the podcast would be good. We don't want things to get too confusing, though.[/font]

[quote name='sbsp13668'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkRed"]LOL! I know I can sound a bit like an old geizer when it comes to certain topics, and I could go on and on about how the darkness in the world has been forcing us young people to "mature" faster, but I don't want to bore anyone to death with my cynical antics. XD You're totally right about what you're saying to those members who don't like change simly because it's [I]change[/I] ("it's different, it's new eek!"), so I encourage anyone who's like that to read this... actually... that's an order, so read it change dislikers! Rar. ^.^[/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]I can relate, because I can turn around and counter that darkness with how much the world is better since I also remember how hurt people were by world war II while I was growing up. Along with a lot of other things as well, so that kind of debate just goes in pointless circles.

That's really my whole basis about accepting change, you can always find something bad to be unhappy about. Whether it's the things missing, or the 'darkness' in the world, etc. No generation can make the claim that they understand it better, or feel loss better. So in the end, other than legitimate concerns to address things that can be improved, whining is just that, [I]whining[/I], and really needs to end. ;)

Momodesu, you are not alone. I lost my portfolio on TheOtaku. But look at the bright side: at least it's still on MyOtaku.

As for which one I now visit, it's neither. As it goes for me, if it confuses me or I can't decide, I go somewhere else. Since the change, I went to Gaia Online and Runescape. It works for me, but it does not work for everyone. So I suggest if you cannot decide, go somewhere else. It solves my confusion!:animesmil:animeswea:animesmil