OtakuBoards

Legalization of Marijuana

Ellerby

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Also, you missed the point about someone dumping a friend who wouldn't smoke with them. They got so caught up in wanting that fix that nothing else was important. Instead of thinking it was only their problem, consider that until they started smoking, they had never been like that. It's[I] oh so easy[/I] to think it was their problem instead of owning up to it could have been the substance they were abusing. [/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'm not trying to convince you that pot should be legal or anything. The point of this thread was more for me to see the different points people would bring up (wether they're for or against legalization). But when you call smoking pot "a fix" then I get a little irritated.

That makes it sound like it's some hardcore drug with addictive qualities. It's not. You can become addicted to it, but that depends on the person, not the pot. I believe it should be legal for the many of us who are responsible enough to use it properly.

And there are a lot of us.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Yes, advocate responsibility, but don't let it be their own problem. It's also the job of the state to have as many people as possible functional in society. Someone who gets in trouble with drinking or drugs only ends up costing money and being useless for a big deal. So stating that "that's their problem" is not correct in anyway, but a ridiculous one.[/size][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]Right, but the use of marijuana does not render you a dysfunctional member of society either. Similarly, the use of alcohol does not straight-away make you an irresponsible person, there's an undeniable level of [i]self-moderation[/i] that's necessary. You can die if you don't drink responsibly -- but does the state ban booze? No, because it trusts that citizens will look out for their best interests. The state certainly could simply ban it, but instead it assumes that people will not abuse the substance and still go to work/school, pay bills, and run families properly.

People drink, life goes on. Few are showing up to work drunk, few are neglecting to pay the bills because of alcohol, etc. There is simply no reason to believe that weed cannot and will not abide by that same principle.

All I'm trying to say is that marijuana should be similarly self-regulated. If you enjoy it, go ahead and smoke it. If you do not, stay away. Citizens should have the maturity to smoke when appropriate and abstain when not rather than have the government tell them what is morally fitting.[/font]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Don't worry, I'm not trying to convince you that pot should be legal or anything. The point of this thread was more for me to see the different points people would bring up (wether they're for or against legalization). But when you call smoking pot "a fix" then I get a little irritated.

That makes it sound like it's some hardcore drug with addictive qualities. It's not. You can become addicted to it, but that depends on the person, not the pot. I believe it should be legal for the many of us who are responsible enough to use it properly.

And there are a lot of us.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Whether or not that fix is hardcore or not doesn't matter, the point is... just like anything,[I] it is a fix[/I]. Whether it's physical or mental doesn't matter. On some level it is addicting or you wouldn't bother to smoke it. It's not like water and food that you need to survive. And how many there are of you who claim you are responsible enough for it is also irrelevant in my opinion. None of you are qualified to truly judge if it's a safe drug to make legal or not. Unless one of you is hiding a degree in medicine that I am unaware of. I'm more inclined to listen to someone who actually knows what they are talking about instead of people who are going on personal experience and what they've gotten off of the Internet.

Just as you are going on personal experience to demand legality, I'm going on personal observation that's saying, until someone can say otherwise, I see no reason to support a movement to make it legal.

And there are a lot of us.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Instead of getting into all that was said, I'm going to just answer the inital question that was presented in the first post. [quote name='8bit][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So do you think it should be legal? Why or why not? [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]No. Religious reasons. Specifically, I was raised to follow a code that prohibits using substances that are harmful to the body, for recreation reasons only. Not to be confused with genuine medical substances that can save a person's life. Anyway, some of those substances are already legal (cigarettes, alcohol, etc) but I'm not going to support making even more of them legal.

Oh and one other thing, Rach is right; there are a lot of us who feel the same way.[/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]But this sparks my real question: How the hell did you make the leap from weed to heroin?

Nevermind. I don't want to know. On the other hand, why let your negative experiences with substances ruin your life? It's not like you died from it all. And if your life is ruined, that's odd. Because you're clearly typing coherently and capable of getting online and talking to other humans. Wouldn't "ruined" be more fitting if you lost control of your limbs, or your brain, or your ability to breathe?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#4863A0]First off, it wasn't like I decided one day that "Hey, heroine is a good idea." Look back at other posts I've made and you'll get your answer.

And yes, it did ruin my life. I hit rock bottom. I was homeless, had no money, no where to go, and no one that cared about me. People do go into recovery. They do get better. I am in recovery and have been clean for several months now.

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][INDENT]
I think you mean a nice fat "J." As in joint.[/quote][/color][/font][/indent]

No, I meant "l" as in a blunt.

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]No. It's not a gateway drug. The only reason it's considered a gateway drug is because it's the most readily available illegal drug.[/quote][/font][/color]

Okay, believe what you want. It is a fact. Go to any rehab, school, D.A.R.E. program, anywhere that is affiliated with education on drugs and alcohol. Go to hopsital, your doctor. You'll get your answer.

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]What the hell kind of weed did you smoke? Was it laced? Because as far as I'm concerned, weed does [i]not[/i] make you depressed, especially not enough to make you end your life. Weed makes you happy.

I know a girl, whose name will be Susan, who just got really down on herself a lot. She started seeing a therapist and taking prescription pills to fight the depression (that was about a year ago). Three months ago she started smoking weed and it has helped her immensely. Even the therapist agreed that as something she could keep to herself from her parents (her parents nosy personalities were part of the problem), it's made her more secure. Now it's not like weed changed her life or anything. She has a long way to go still, but at least it's giving her a shove in the right direction.[/quote][/color][/font]

Once again, weed = depressant. It gets you high which makes you happy but it depresses the mind and body, when you are high and after you come down.

There isn't much more I can say. From my experience, and people that I have had experiences with, it has lead us to use other drugs and get very down ourselves. It lead to lack of motivation, loss of interest, and so on and so forth. Thats my opinion on the matter. If you don't believe what I have to say or are not willing to listen, by all means, have fun. Some people aren't like me, and I know this. This is just the way I feel about the situation.

EDIT: I don't know what therapist she's seeing, but that person should lose their right to be a therapist. Any therapist that suggests using drugs to get rid of problems shouldn't have a license.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Epitome'][size=1][color=#4863A0]

EDIT: I don't know what therapist she's seeing, but that person should lose their right to be a therapist. Any therapist that suggests using drugs to get rid of problems shouldn't have a license.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]What about drugs that aren't illegal? Marijuana only has a bad rep because of it's street use - anti-depressants are a helpful drug, but they're not considered bad because no one uses them as recreational drugs on the streets. Then you have morphine, used on the streets and also in medicine - is that bad when it helps the pain?

I know a lot of therapist who subscribe marijuana. There was one skater, who I forgot the name of, dying of a brain tumour whose doctor actually subscribed marijuana in his final days.

Anyway, my opinion? Make it legal, don't make it legal. People are still going to get wrecked off the stuff. Maybe making it legal will get rid of such a bad rep.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Whether or not that fix is hardcore or not doesn't matter, the point is... just like anything,[I] it is a fix[/I]. Whether it's physical or mental doesn't matter. On some level it is addicting or you wouldn't bother to smoke it. It's not like water and food that you need to survive. And how many there are of you who claim you are responsible enough for it is also irrelevant in my opinion. None of you are qualified to truly judge if it's a safe drug to make legal or not.[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]To be frank, this is ridiculous. Your language is far too strong -- to assert that people who participate in an activity not 100% essential to base survival are "addicted" on some level is silly. What about reading a good book, or eating a candy bar? You don't get "addicted" to those, you simply enjoy them due to an association of pleasure (satisfaction, a sweet taste, etc). Addiction implies substance dependence, and insofar as a candy bar is "addicting," so is marijuana.

Even if one joint has as much carcinogenic content as a pack of cigarettes (which I highly doubt, but whatever), I would not say the risk to health is enough to warrant the criminalization of it, because let’s be honest, the reason it’s illegal is not due to health concerns. The government (and by extension, police) is not busting kids for possession of marijuana because they’re afraid their citizens will contract cancer. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll know and understand that the criminalization of marijuana is due to its perception as “addictive” or “dangerous” and its status as a purported gateway drug. And of course like most things taken in excess it is unhealthy (ex: alcohol). I can’t stress this enough, folks, moderation.

Epitome, most of the sources you listed have an agenda outside of presenting nonpartisan medical/sociological information to the public. Those agendas (supporting the drug war, deterring children from drugs via scare tactics, deterring drug users via scare tactics, etc) leave me skeptical at best. By the same line of logic, one should believe alcohol to be a “gateway drug.” After all, it is a depressant, it alters your state of mind (and most people would agree it is somewhat pleasant being tipsy). And by your logic, the drunkenness would stop being enough, and they might drink more or move onto drugs… but this does not happen in the vast majority of people. I can only conclude, therefore, that your previous experiences have left you [understandably] biased. But please do not assume that because it happened to you, it will happen to most others. Perhaps you are just predisposed to addiction.

Generally speaking, I’m seeing that most arguments against weed legalization are personal morals, misinformation, or a poor previous experience. Not to say that having a moral code against drugs is bad or anything (lol), nor am I saying it’s wrong to judge things on past experience (that’s what humans are designed to do). But I am saying that if you look at the issue objectively, and take into account the fact that both cigarettes and alcohol are legal (and harmful and/or potentially dangerous in their own respects) it should yield at least tolerance for marijuana. I know that we’ll never persuade one another, but I guess I don’t see how one can feasibly maintain the position against marijuana when other potentially harmful things are out there and in widespread, legal circulation (and doing far more damage that weed is at the moment).[/font]

[quote name='Retribution;814116][font=Arial]To be frank, this is ridiculous. Your language is far too strong -- to assert that people who participate in an activity not 100% essential to base survival are "addicted" on some level is silly. What about reading a good book, or eating a candy bar? You don't get "addicted" to those, you simply enjoy them due to an association of pleasure (satisfaction, a sweet taste, etc). Addiction implies substance dependence, and insofar as a candy bar is "addicting," so is marijuana.[/font][/QUOTE]To be frank, your insistence that I see things as you do is what?s ridiculous. You said it later on in this reply; I am basing this on what I have seen. You are also ignoring that I already said I was willing to listen to someone who has far more knowledge or experience on this than either you or I do. Addiction can apply to anything, not just stuff that is literally physically addictive. The moment something moves into taking away from normal activities (which as I already pointed out is what I?m talking about) is the moment I consider it addiction. I call it like I see it and if the strong language offends you, so be it. [quote name='Retribution;814116][font=Arial]Even if one joint has as much carcinogenic content as a pack of cigarettes (which I highly doubt, but whatever), I would not say the risk to health is enough to warrant the criminalization of it, because let?s be honest, the reason it?s illegal is not due to health concerns. The government (and by extension, police) is not busting kids for possession of marijuana because they?re afraid their citizens will contract cancer. If you?re honest with yourself, you?ll know and understand that the criminalization of marijuana is due to its perception as ?addictive? or ?dangerous? and its status as a purported gateway drug. And of course like most things taken in excess it is unhealthy (ex: alcohol). I can?t stress this enough, folks, moderation.[/font][/QUOTE]Back up a bit here; if that's really true then back it up instead of expecting me to take your word for it. So far no one seems to be willing to do that (perhaps because they can't). They just say "you're wrong" and leave it at that. I'm supposed go change my opinion just because you say so? o_O[QUOTE=Retribution'][font=Arial']Generally speaking, I?m seeing that most arguments against weed legalization are personal morals, misinformation, or a poor previous experience. Not to say that having a moral code against drugs is bad or anything (lol), nor am I saying it?s wrong to judge things on past experience (that?s what humans are designed to do). But I am saying that if you look at the issue objectively, and take into account the fact that both cigarettes and alcohol are legal (and harmful and/or potentially dangerous1 in their own respects) it should yield at least tolerance for marijuana. I know that we?ll never persuade one another, but I guess I don?t see how one can feasibly maintain the position against marijuana when other potentially harmful things are out there and in widespread, legal circulation (and doing far more damage that weed is at the moment).[/font][/quote]No deal, you claim misinformation and yet everyone in this thread so far has yet to literally back their claims with genuine information on the subject. In that respect all of us are blowing out hot air since as I said, not one of us is truly qualified to say with any level of certainty that it?s okay to legalize it.

You say to look at it objectively, but honestly, it sounds like your idea of objectivity only exists if my opinion changes to match yours. How many times do I have to say it before you get it? In my opinion, there is no need to legalize even more stuff that is harmful. Whether or not something else is worse is beside the point. That?s being used as an excuse instead of a real reason for making it legal. The lesser of two evils has never been an argument that would change what I think.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff]You?re also missing what I?m saying here, [B]those are the reasons why I would not vote yes[/B] for it being legalized. [B']Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant.[/B][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]This is exactly why I wonder at the continuation of this thread. Four resurrections, and we [I]still[/I] can't grasp the idea that some people use it, some people don't, some people don't give a flying monkey's arse, and [I]there is never going to be a case made for it.[/I]

Apparently the fact that it's illegal [U]and[/U] that people are doing it anyway without being caught is enough reason in and of itself to just not bother at all. If you want to find the gaps in the system to exploit, and if you can find them, and if so far life has been blowing you roses for it, then why [I]oh why[/I] are we wasting our breath on this subject?

I see the same situation here as I saw back in high school with the dress code. People are chafing at an arbitrary rule that they do not understand, when all it is is an attempt to protect those people who are completely irresponsible and who otherwise would be incapable of coming to a public venue in aught else but their lingerie?or in this case, who are the ones who turn marijuana into a gateway drug. Of [I]course[/I] there are people who can regulate themselves, but those people also have the brains not to get caught breaking the rule, so what's the big deal here?[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]And here I was about to say that I understood why Sir Allamorph pointed out that this has already been brought up so many times. Because really, all people are doing is this:

[IMG]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1641/beatdeadhorseplzbymelihbr3.gif[/IMG]

You asked for people's opinions on the subject, you got them. How about trying to accept them instead of getting so busy trying to poke them apart when it's clear you aren't going to agree?

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh and for the record, I seen nothing wrong with basing my opinion on my own code of morals or rather those I was taught via religion. [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]And here I was about to say that I understood why Sir Allamorph pointed out that this has already been brought up so many times. Because really, all people are doing is this:

[IMG]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1641/beatdeadhorseplzbymelihbr3.gif[/IMG]

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh and for the record, I seen nothing wrong with basing my opinion on my own code of morals or rather those I was taught via religion. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yay! I love that emote! Anyway, I completely agree. Personally, since I'm "[I]that[/I] guy" who never buys and I smoke it the second I get it, the only thing I'm at risk for is losing a job if I were given a random drug screen. But you can beat those. I've never had to do it, but I've heard several different methods.

So, I'm not opposed to legalization, but I don't care either way. And I do base my opinion on morals. Which was why I brought up the discussion with Rach in the first place: living in hick town in midwest America, I know people who display those same attributes. Only it's to alcohol. To me, the two substances are the same.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial] Of [I]course[/I] there are people who can regulate themselves, but those people also have the brains not to get caught breaking the rule, so what's the big deal here?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Best response in the thread so far.[/font]

[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]I know a lot of therapist who subscribe marijuana. There was one skater, who I forgot the name of, dying of a brain tumour whose doctor actually subscribed marijuana in his final days.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#4863A0]That is not a therapist. That is a doctor who treats [b]cancer[/b]. Thats totally different. Whoever is telling someone to deal with their emotional problems or feelings by using drugs, is just a rotten therapist in my opinion.

But yes, I agree with what Retribution said. Most of this debate is based off personal morals, so it tends to be moot. So with that, I pass.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Of [I]course[/I] there are people who can regulate themselves, but those people also have the brains not to get caught breaking the rule, so what's the big deal here?[/FONT][/QUOTE]Exactly.

Also, I said I won't vote yes but at the same time if they did legalize it... in my opinion, so what? All I've been saying is I wouldn't help with any push or vote to get it there and the reasons why I came to that decision.

Oh and I agree Darren, I've seen people using alcohol display those same attributes too. I wouldn't be sorry if that stuff dropped off the face of the Earth either, but, it is legal so the only thing I would push for is stricter laws for those idiots who drink and drive and so forth.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Holy crap, guys. This is ridiculous. I wanted to make a thread about Marijuana because it's an activity I participate in from time to time that I enjoy and I wanted to share that with OBers. I made it about the legalization of marijuana so I could, you know, involve other members that [i]don't[/i] smoke and maybe have a friendly, civilized debate with them. But apparently that won't happen.

If it's that big of a deal then let's just make it a thread for Pot and leave it at that.

[quote name='Rach']And there are a lot of us.[/quote]
[quote name='Rach']To be frank,[/quote]
And the sarcastic remarks weren't necessary. Really.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Epitome'][SIZE=1][COLOR=#4863a0]Whoever is telling someone to deal with their emotional problems or feelings by using drugs, is just a rotten therapist in my opinion.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I feel that something needs to be said about this comment. The term drugs encompasses an awful lot of things, including prescription anti-depressants and similar such medications. These are things that many people RELY on to get through circumstances. My father is on an anti-depressant right now, because he's emotionally crashing thanks to a work injury that has completely stopped most of the things he could do before it occurred. He doesn't want to be on it, but he needs it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]So if someone finds that pot works for them (and may very well be cheaper, considering the costs of prescription drugs if you don't have insurance), then maybe the therapist that says they should continue using it, but be careful for all of the obvious reasons, is doing exactly what they should. Hell, the side effects of pot are a lot less dangerous than the side effects of a lot of antidepressants and other medications prescribed for 'mental issues'.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Oi. I strongly disagree with anything that limits brain use. This includes: Humanity, Drugs, Politics, Homo Sapiens, Television, commercials, people, alchohal, and of course the human population.And for some unknown reason my usual impeccable spelling is declining.

Well, now that I got that out of my system I just was wanting to say that I don't believe anything that is bad for you should be legal. We could totally start a new good society like in that one movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger where he gets frozen. And then be much better off. Drugs like that just put personal limits on society and skip over time. I hate that. Our lives are finite, yet so many waste precious time trying to get that high for really no good reason. I hate even sleeping because it represents wasting time.

Either way we're stuck as a species. We could keep letting people be 'free' until they destroy themselves, or start putting on major lifestyle restrictions that change the whole world for the better. I would hate both realties, because there is no way for a human to be free and safe. We're just to destructive, too dumb. Drugs are nothign more than an escape from our pitiful existance.

Arg.

[quote name='8bit][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]If it's that big of a deal then let's just make it a thread for Pot and leave it at that.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Yes, well. Hindsight is 20/20, now, isn't it? :animesmil

And the sarcasm was flying on both sides, man. Pot to kettle. (Oooh. Bad pun, that one.)

Also, debate for the sake of debate is ludicrous.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='8bit;814186][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Holy crap, guys. This is ridiculous. I wanted to make a thread about Marijuana because it's an activity I participate in from time to time that I enjoy and I wanted to share that with OBers. I made it about the legalization of marijuana so I could, you know, involve other members that [i]don't[/i] smoke and maybe have a friendly, civilized debate with them. But apparently that won't happen.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Before you get on that high horse let me remind you of your own opening post.[quote name='8bit;813948][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"] So do you think it should be legal? Why or why not? [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Don't ask a question and then later come back and chastise people for answering it[I] [U]honestly[/U][/I]. You can't tell people that they are being ridiculous when they're doing [I][U]exactly what you asked them to[/U][/I]. [QUOTE=8bit;814186][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]If it's that big of a deal then let's just make it a thread for Pot and leave it at that.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Say that upfront next time but don't go blaming others or getting annoyed that they don't see things the way you do, that's just silly really.[QUOTE=8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]And the sarcastic remarks weren't necessary. Really.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]If you don't want sarcastic responses, don't dish it out to begin with. All Rach did was toss your own flippant remark back into your face, the way I see it, you had it coming for being snarky to begin with. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Kenso'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I feel that something needs to be said about this comment. The term drugs encompasses an awful lot of things, including prescription anti-depressants and similar such medications. These are things that many people RELY on to get through circumstances. My father is on an anti-depressant right now, because he's emotionally crashing thanks to a work injury that has completely stopped most of the things he could do before it occurred. He doesn't want to be on it, but he needs it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]So if someone finds that pot works for them (and may very well be cheaper, considering the costs of prescription drugs if you don't have insurance), then maybe the therapist that says they should continue using it, but be careful for all of the obvious reasons, is doing exactly what they should. Hell, the side effects of pot are a lot less dangerous than the side effects of a lot of antidepressants and other medications prescribed for 'mental issues'.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#4863A0]Excuse me, illegal mind altering substances. Not medicine that can be subscribed legally by a doctor.

And one more thing, back to what was said about using pot for cancer related issues. They now use a THC pill to help rid of nausea and up appetite for terminal disease. In some places they do still allow the smoking of it, but the amount of that is going down due to the fact that the pill is safer than smoking it. It doesn't get you high because it is ingested instead of smoked or cooked than eaten.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm sorry. I know I'm breaking a promise with this, but...

You're looking for "prescribed.":p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#4863A0]*Smacks self in head*
Doh. Yes, I did mean prescribed. lol. ^_^[/size][/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]Don't ask a question and then later come back and chastise people for answering it[I] [U]honestly[/U][/I]. You can't tell people that they are being ridiculous when they're doing [I][U]exactly what you asked them to[/U][/I].[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I have no problem with people answering the opening post honestly, that's exactly what I wanted. But I think a lot of us (including myself) got way too defensive about the topic and [I]that's[/I] why I said that a friendly, civilized debate is clearly not going to happen.

[quote name='Indi][COLOR="Indigo"']If you don't want sarcastic responses, don't dish it out to begin with. All Rach did was toss your own flippant remark back into your face, the way I see it, you had it coming for being snarky to begin with.[/COLOR][/quote]
[quote=Myself][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Don't worry, I'm not trying to convince you that pot should be legal or anything. The point of this thread was more for me to see the different points people would bring up (wether they're for or against legalization). But when you call smoking pot "a fix" then I get a little irritated.

And there are a lot of us[/COLOR][/FONT].[/quote]
How is that being snarky? Maybe you disagree but I don't think I did anything to deserve the sarcastic response.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]How is that being snarky? Maybe you disagree but I don't think I did anything to deserve the sarcastic response.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Look again... the phrasing was the same: [B]And there are a lot of us.[/B] If you claim he was snarky, so were you. That's what I'm saying. You ended with there are a lot of us who see it this way and he used your own words to say the same was true on the [I]other[/I] side of the argument. If you think that's snarky; it goes both ways. [/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]Look again... the phrasing was the same: [B]And there are a lot of us.[/B] If you claim he was snarky, so were you. That's what I'm saying. You ended with there are a lot of us who see it this way and he used your own words to say the same was true on the [I]other[/I] side of the argument. If you think that's snarky; it goes both ways. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Fair enough. I saw it more as him just mocking what I said but alright. And I didn't say he was being snarky. [I]You[/I] said [I]I[/I] was being snarky. I said he was being sarcastic, by repeating what I said.

I'm over it, regardless. lol[/COLOR][/FONT]