OtakuBoards

Which Songs Mean the Most to You?

Aberinkula

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]So, yeah, I'm bored... so I decided to post a thread in my favorite part of the forums. Anyways, I just wanted to ask you which song(s) have the most meaning to you. Meaning being which songs have inspiration/importance to you.

[B]Crawling - Linkin Park[/B]
The song itself is about being in an abusive relationship. But to me it's about dealing with dangerous behavior. For me it means a lot because lately I've been wrapped up in trying to better my personality (from reading a bit my behavior resembles that of a passive-aggressive) so really, it helps me deal with myself in a way that the person in the song is cured of her problems in the video.

[B]Seize the Day - Avenged Sevenfold[/B]
Well, last year I had a friend who moved away after I met here the previous school year (I developed a crush on her the first day she was there) and this song just made me cry when I thought of her. Now every time I hear this song I become sad a bit, and rarely do I cry to it anymore.

[B]The Quiet Place - In Flames[/B]
It's about your mind of coarse, it being 'the quiet place.' The song's meaning is noticeable imo, as I usually am stuck in my quiet place, where do you think my stories come from?

[B]Welcome Home & The Willing Well IV: the Final Cut - Coheed and Cambria[/B]
Both songs are about betrayal of some degree, and being that these guys are my favorite band, I can easily grasp the concepts. And also, I've been betrayed and it isn't pretty.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I think it'd be easier to just [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/allamorph/view/11415/thoughts/"][COLOR="Blue"]link to it[/COLOR][/URL].[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]Haha... You yourself, a mod, and you don't even know that the point of these threads is to actually [I]discuss[/I] the music. But I hear you mods have a way with linking. Interesting, indeed.

[B]"The Light and The Glass"- Coheed and Cambria[/B]
Easily one of my favorite songs ever. This song just... Argh. Strikes up so many emotions in me, and has such an epic feeling. The chant at the end of course, just makes me want to cry. This song means alot to me, definitely.

[B]"If These Bullets Could Talk"- The Number Twelve Looks Like You[/B]
You can tell these guys poured everything they had into this song. The emotion is just... unbearable. I love this song, absolutely. My favorite band, and this song just shows a few reasons why. I've seen a great show they did, and this song was amazing. They were in a small apartment with the guys from From A Second Story Window.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fxQi2cN_Rc[/url]

[B]"So This Is Our Home"- I Would Set Myself On Fire For You[/B]
Argh. This song is just so sad. The whole song is comprised of a bass riff, and vocals... Yet, there's so much in it. Lyrics like "Together, We'll walk these roads, To Hell with your streets of gold." and "Take These Family Portraits off the wall... Because That's Not Who We Are." make me tear up a little bit. If you want to hear a sad, but gratifying song... Listen to this song.

I have two albums, that without all of the songs on both of them, well... I'd feel pretty lonely.

[I]Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear.[/I] by The Number Twelve Looks Like You and [I]A Retrospective[/I] by Saetia. A Retrospective is probably the CD that means the most to me out of any... It's a sad CD. And the band is amazing, and add so much emotion to their songs. [I]Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear.[/I] is just an amazing CD. What can I say?

I have lots more, but I'll get to those later. :][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Teal"]The songs that mean the most to me are:
[U][B]Every Time I Hear Your Name[/B][/U] by Keith Anderson - This song means alot to me, mostly because I'm kinda going through it, and at the dsame time, I really fear being put into this situation.

[U][B]Tough[/B][/U] by Craig Morgan - This song always brings tears to my eyes. This is the kind of mother and wife that I want to be. I also fear getting cancer to an extreme, and if I ever do, I want to be tough the way that she was.

[U][B]I Want to Live[/B][/U] by Josh Gracin - Sometimes I feel like this, and this song reminds me that I just need to snap out of it and go and live life. It makes me what to really experiance what it is to live.

[U][B]Best I Ever Had[/B][/U] by Gary Allen - Another song I feel I'm kind of stuck in.

and
[B]I Wanna Feel Something [/B]by Trace Adkins - This one has the same explanation as I Want to Live. I want to not have to guard my heart and live life and just have a good experiance while I still have it.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann][SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]Haha... You yourself, a mod, and you don't even know that the point of these threads is to actually [I]discuss[/I] the music. But I hear you mods have a way with linking. Interesting, indeed.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Try following it next time. 'Cause that was where I had discussed it already.

[strike]And keep your sass to yourself.[/strike] (^_^)[/FONT]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]Haha... You yourself, a mod, and you don't even know that the point of these threads is to actually [I]discuss[/I] the music. But I hear you mods have a way with linking. Interesting, indeed. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]No, the true point of music is to [I]listen[/I] to it. All the words in the world won't even come close to explaining why something means the most to you. But I digress...

It's next to impossible for me to pick only a few songs that have the most meaning to me, I've come to love so many. However if you were to go on stuff that is more recent in terms of really enjoying it; as well as having meaning for me. Then I would go with this song here: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCLxso5XDN4"][U]Mendelssohn Violin Concerto[/U][/URL] Why does it have meaning? It's one of those pieces that no matter how my day has been, lifts my soul and just makes me feel refreshed to listen to it.

Another piece that does the same is [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpmKVTvuiLo"][U]Brahms Piano Concerto No.2[/U][/URL] Mind you this is in addition to the pieces by Rachmaninoff that I love for the same reason.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Try following it next time. 'Cause that was where I had discussed it already.

[strike]And keep your sass to yourself.[/strike] (^_^)[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]
I did, fine sir. Surely you'd understand when I'm being serious, and when I'm not. No, no. I wouldn't seriously take on a mod.

[strike]Love you too.[/strike]

[strike] cough.[/strike]

...Did I mention my own songs mean alot to me? That's what I wrote them. Sigh.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"Melodies of Life" by Nobuo Uematsu. It's the ending song of Final Fantasy IX.

It just means a lot to me because my best friend and I listened to this song and played the game for endless hours during our fourth grade year. She moved out-of-state nearly two years ago, and I don't talk to her much. So, every time I hear the song, it just brings back a lot of happier memories.[/FONT][/CENTER]