OtakuBoards

Jonas Brothers & Camp Rock

Lunar

I hate the Jonas Brothers... omg... I don't know how my friend is obsessed with them, they irritate me XD...

I thought that Demi Lovato was pretty good in Camp Rock though, but that's just my opinion :animeswea

It does piss me off that the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana are like taking over the music world, for younger kids at least. We could probably find people more original and more talented... but oh well >_> :animecry:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Arial"]I'm sure I've already said this in this thread, but I wish it a was a law that you're not allowed to say someone has no talent just because you don't like them.

I will give you people Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus; her voice is grating and I have no idea how people can listen to her music.

But the Jonas Brothers actually write and play their own music, and already perform to humongous venues at very young ages (I don't think the oldest is much over 20). It takes skill to be a teenager and in a band as successful as the Jonas Brothers.

And I don't even listen to them! It's not my taste. But I do recognize the talent in that band.

PS - To offer MY opinion, I really don't understand how someone can complain about how the Jonas Brothers "have no talent," then shower the likes of Fall Out Boy with praise.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]PS - To offer MY opinion, I really don't understand how someone can complain about how the Jonas Brothers "have no talent," then shower the likes of Fall Out Boy with praise.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh, c'mon! They had at least a [I]couple[/I] good songs! (Fall Out Boy, not the Jonas Brothers.)
It's sort of hard to put my finger on what I dislike about them talent wise. I suppose it's because their voices just sound, how do I put it...fake. It's like they're not really singing, but trying to act out the song vocally. That makes no sense, I know...but I can't really describe it...:animeswea

[quote name='chibi-master']I suppose it's because their voices just sound, how do I put it...fake. It's like they're not really singing, but trying to act out the song vocally.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Incidentally, that's what vocal majors get trained in on the collegiate level. In fact, getting the right emotions into the voice while singing is a skill that some singers struggle to master.

No, my dislike of them has two reasons. They sold out to Disney, and they write pop.

And who the heck has been praising Fall Out Boy? My gosh. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And who the heck has been praising Fall Out Boy? My gosh. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]At least they aren't Disney?

Okay I admit it. I like Fall Out boy. But I can't stand Miley Cirus- I mean did anyone see her at the CMAs this past May? She sang like a cat who has its tail slammed in a door and it was almost like she was trying to upstage her father- who BTW she owes her fame to her father.

I also don't like the Jonas Brothers. Not only is it not my type of music, but they look like they'e trying to be some 80's band and they were born like twelve years too late to even try and be anything close to an 80's band. And what is with that one guy and the sideburns?[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]Okay I admit it. I like Fall Out boy.[/color][/QUOTE]

Don't say it like you're ashamed!:animesmil

And I detest Miley Cyrus with a passion that would decimate the eyes of anyone that observed me in my 'Hating Miley' state.:flaming:

And I think I just realized what it was about the Jonas' singing that annoyed me! I don't know why, but to me it sounds like they're trying to sing through a styrofoam cup.:animedepr

[font=trebuchet ms] I feel like I'm 14 but I legit love the Jonas Brothers now. They're just, just... lol. I love them. I love how Kevin is the rejected one. <3

I've gone as far to make a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hywnu5k3QHw][u]music video[/u][/url] with their song Burnin' Up with my friends.

Joe Jonas is clearly the most fabulous of them all.[/font]

[quote name='Lunar'][COLOR="Navy"]Me too, not so much the music(SOS is an exception), but looks....................not a fan of Miley Cyrus, though.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Funny enough, I'm not joking when I say their music isn't bad. Even critics (EW, Time, Rolling Stones, Blender, to name a few), for the most part, recognize that it's a solid album. Not awesome or groundbreaking or anything, but it's a catchy album with ballads, rock-infused pop, and nice three-voice harmonies. *shrug*

And even so, [i]Lovebug[/i] is one of my favorite songs now, the Jonas Brothers legitimately branched out of their comfort zone and just did it.

I realize I'm going back on what I said earlier, but Nick Jonas is just serious jailbait. He looks like he's at least 17. His being and "15 years old" just do not equate to me on any level. Man, those boys are just well put together. I used to hate them for wearing skinny jeans but now I just love it, their stylist rocks.[/font]

• 1 month later...
For the people who hate JB:
wow, ya'll should be friends with my sister. casue she has no taste. LOL kidding. I wont bash ya'll. even tho I am a HUGE Jb fan. make fun, idc.
I'm a christian, they're chirstians, and they rock.
they r actully VERY sweet, i've met em.
I think they are amazing singers, and amazing people.
and they're rly cute.

y start this post when u hate em?
to me it makes ya look like ya wastin ur time. cause theres more JB lovers than haters.
but thats what I think.
peace~

P.S, I'm listening to em now! tee hee.:animesigh:animeswea:confused::animestun:

[quote name='Anime_girl5']For the people who hate JB:
wow, ya'll should be friends with my sister. casue she has no taste. LOL kidding. I wont bash ya'll. even tho I am a HUGE Jb fan. make fun, idc.
I'm a christian, they're chirstians, and they rock.
they r actully VERY sweet, i've met em.
I think they are amazing singers, and amazing people.
and they're rly cute.

y start this post when u hate em?
to me it makes ya look like ya wastin ur time. cause theres more JB lovers than haters.
but thats what I think.
peace~

P.S, I'm listening to em now! tee hee.:animesigh:animeswea:confused::animestun:[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] OMJ your post is approved.
[img]http://xs432.xs.to/xs432/08414/thumbsup904.jpg[/img]

Whenever I talk about the Jonas Brothers online my typing goes total LiveJournal style.

ily bb nick.

P.S. Btw they are making Camp Rock 2.[/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'm Christian, too. I didn't know they were. Still, they suck, and they don't look the best in the world. I'm listening to smooth jazz right now if ya want to know.:catgirl They're making a second camp rock???? Hm, didn't know that either. It's just that it's such a big thing, the jonas brothers. Not to mention HSM, Hannah Montanna and ICarly. (ugh) I completely forgot about this thread to tell you the truth. I apologize to all the people I yelled at. I was so immature back then..............
[/COLOR]:

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Indigo"]they don't look the best in the world.
[/COLOR]:[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Look at this. Look at this every day. Don't be afraid to cry tears of joy.

[img]http://xs132.xs.to/xs132/08414/nickbeingbeautiful468.jpg[/img][/font]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Agh!!! So cute............................................well, then, fine Lunox, you caught me. Nick is so fine, I admit it!!!!!!:animeangr But look, you can't really forget about guys having dimples.............that's what my weakness is. There was this boy named J.P........................ah, the memories. Oops.:animeblus[/COLOR]

I wanted to go crazy when I first read this post. But I didnt. lol.

Oh I would have never guess that u were a chirstian. ( dont get me wrong)
it's hard to find christians these days... thats all i'm sayin.
but yeah their dad was a pastor in NJ. so yeah they're christians. they dont believe alot like I do. but oh well, theres alot of things that JB and I would agree on. lol

Pic approved! JB SUPER CUTE!

for me,
Joe, Kevin, then nick. lol

to bad joe is taken. ( I am too tho) so i guess it rly doesnt matter. lol:animesigh:catgirl:

[quote name='Anime_girl5']I wanted to go crazy when I first read this post. But I didnt. lol.

Oh I would have never guess that u were a chirstian. ( dont get me wrong)
it's hard to find christians these days... thats all i'm sayin.
but yeah their dad was a pastor in NJ. so yeah they're christians. they dont believe alot like I do. but oh well, theres alot of things that JB and I would agree on. lol

Pic approved! JB SUPER CUTE!

for me,
Joe, Kevin, then nick. lol

to bad joe is taken. ( I am too tho) so i guess it rly doesnt matter. lol:animesigh:catgirl:[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
NO HE ISN'T!!! Him and Taylor Swift just broke up!!!! It just popped up when I was looking at um.......stuff. Seriously!!! I WAS NOT READING EVERY SINGLE THING TO KNOW ABOUT THEM!!! :animeshy: and, yes, I know it's hard to find Christians these days.........[/COLOR]

[quote name='Anime_girl5']
to bad joe is taken. ( I am too tho) so i guess it rly doesnt matter. lol:animesigh:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] False, Joe and Taylor Swift have broken up. Or so the rumors say, since they never really "confirmed" it. Gratuitous Joe picture:

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08415/t0panl577.jpg[/img]

[/font]

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]Lunox........................................why? That picture just erased my beautiful image of Nick. WHY DO YOU DO SUCH THINGS?!!!!:animecry:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I'm sorry bb. One of all three will make it better.

[img]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08415/normal_bloo3473.jpg[/img]

Also to make this more on topic, their music video for Lovebug is coming out October 19. It's [url="http://xs132.xs.to/xs132/08414/jonas_brothers198.jpg"][u]40s style[/u][/url], which makes me melt. Apparently the story will be of a solider leaving for war and his girlfriend, or something. [/font]

[CENTER]

[IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/16/128660810964199781.jpg[/IMG]

[/CENTER]

[FONT=Arial]That out of the way, I don't mind that they have fans. I mean, that's fine. So did Richard Simmons. I just don't see that they're doing anything in anyway either unique or masterful, so call me when we get another Kansas for our era.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Right...................Lunox, show me another picture of Nick. He's the only one that holds my interest....................I don't mind that they have fans, either. It's just the fans kinda go way overboard is all.:catgirl:[/COLOR]

I just found out that they started going out!

They cant break up that dang soon! lol

I LOVE that pic of joe. amazing!
ALL PIX OF JB APPROVED!!!!!!! :D

all I know is that they were going out. my sister told me. lol

I dont believe rumors... maybe ya'll shouldnt.. lol

cause it will mess peoples lives up. which ya'll prob already know that.

tee hee, I love JB.

I hope i'm not getting a bad rep on this forum. :animesigh

I figured I'd throw my two cents in here. The problem I have with the Jonas Brothers is they set an unattainable standard of beauty that most guys can't hope to.....oh dear that just about went horribly wrong.

I don't think they're the greatest in the world, but they're a decent band. The fact that they're another disney creation kind've sucks though. It seems like now a days that if you're on the disney chanel you're going to become a famous singer...

Well I guess it's always been that way now that I think about it. Britney Spears, Justin Timerlake, Christina Agu....can't remember how to spell that and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Well with that news out, hoozah to JB.