OtakuBoards

What have you learnt?

Ravenstorture

[color=darkgreen][font=garamond]Using the powers of the internet for good, not evil! (but balance is the key ;) )

Nobody knows everything, and we all know something - so let's share the love. Post something you have learnt, whether it is just to store the tomato paste upside down in the fridge or that blood is thicker than water or whatever you like. Big or small. Something that you learnt today, or generally in a lifetime.

Here's one: [b]other people don't see you the way you see yourself! [/b]

That's something I know in theory but it's a hard one to accept.

Another one: brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, and kohlrabi (whatever the hell that is) are all the same species! (Brassica oleracea) They have just been selectively bred for different parts eg big leaves, big flowers etc etc.

There you go - if you felt guilty for forumwhoring when you should be studying or cleaning the windows, this should be good justification for logging in. :animesmil Your turn!

[/font][/color]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][b]learned[/b][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=garamond][color=darkgreen]Haha.. see I can get away with it, where I am. But don't let it fool you!

That's another thing I have learnt today. :p[/font][/color]

[color=#9933ff]In my lifetime (so far), I have learned that you can't fix people. People can only changes themselves if they want to. You can lead them to changing, support and guide them in their quest to change, but you can't fix them. And it's insulting to them for you to try.[/color]

I have learned that the voices in my head will not go away no matter how hard I try. And because of this knowledge I have also learned to make friendly conversation with the voices [I]instead[/I] of punching my head in hopes that they'll shut up.:animesmil

[FONT="Tahoma"]I've also learned today that people who get drunk and drive are complete and total morons. :animesigh I already knew this of course, but sometimes the sheer stupidity of the act never fails to amaze me. Honestly, I often wish they'd just lock the fools away and toss the key away for good. Especially when they keep doing it. [/FONT]