Ravenstorture Posted July 4, 2008 Posted July 4, 2008 [color=darkgreen][font=garamond]Using the powers of the internet for good, not evil! (but balance is the key ;) ) Nobody knows everything, and we all know something - so let's share the love. Post something you have learnt, whether it is just to store the tomato paste upside down in the fridge or that blood is thicker than water or whatever you like. Big or small. Something that you learnt today, or generally in a lifetime. Here's one: [b]other people don't see you the way you see yourself! [/b] That's something I know in theory but it's a hard one to accept. Another one: brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, and kohlrabi (whatever the hell that is) are all the same species! (Brassica oleracea) They have just been selectively bred for different parts eg big leaves, big flowers etc etc. There you go - if you felt guilty for forumwhoring when you should be studying or cleaning the windows, this should be good justification for logging in. :animesmil Your turn! [/font][/color]
Raiha Posted July 4, 2008 Posted July 4, 2008 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I have [b]learned[/b] about the reproductive habits of pheasants and the different varieties that can be produced via cross-breeding.[/FONT][/COLOR]
eleanor Posted July 4, 2008 Posted July 4, 2008 [font=trebuchet ms] I have learned that some people really enjoy have sex with dolphins, and oh-so-kindly posted a video of themselves doing it.[/font]
Ravenstorture Posted July 4, 2008 Author Posted July 4, 2008 [quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][b]learned[/b][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [font=garamond][color=darkgreen]Haha.. see I can get away with it, where I am. But don't let it fool you! That's another thing I have learnt today. :p[/font][/color]
Sabrina Posted July 4, 2008 Posted July 4, 2008 [FONT="Tahoma"]I have learned that people post things online that I wish I had never seen or read. XP Though that's a no brainer, but still... sometimes I wonder about people. o_O [/FONT]
Roxie Faye Posted July 5, 2008 Posted July 5, 2008 [color=#9933ff]In my lifetime (so far), I have learned that you can't fix people. People can only changes themselves if they want to. You can lead them to changing, support and guide them in their quest to change, but you can't fix them. And it's insulting to them for you to try.[/color]
chibi-master Posted July 5, 2008 Posted July 5, 2008 I have learned that the voices in my head will not go away no matter how hard I try. And because of this knowledge I have also learned to make friendly conversation with the voices [I]instead[/I] of punching my head in hopes that they'll shut up.:animesmil
Sabrina Posted July 5, 2008 Posted July 5, 2008 [FONT="Tahoma"]I've also learned today that people who get drunk and drive are complete and total morons. :animesigh I already knew this of course, but sometimes the sheer stupidity of the act never fails to amaze me. Honestly, I often wish they'd just lock the fools away and toss the key away for good. Especially when they keep doing it. [/FONT]
The Spectacular Professor Posted July 5, 2008 Posted July 5, 2008 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I learned that I am a total nutjob. Also, a sense of humor can get you further in life than an Elementary school-level education.[/FONT]
Lady Aura Posted July 8, 2008 Posted July 8, 2008 [CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I've learned that your worst enemy will help you when you need someone, and will most likely become your best friend later on in life. That's how I got my best friend.[/FONT][/CENTER]
Allamorph Posted July 8, 2008 Posted July 8, 2008 [FONT=Arial]I have learned that MontyOum is the hero of amateur fan choreography and that cats cannot speak proper English. And that AIM can keep you up all night if you're not careful. >_>[/FONT]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now