Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
*sigh* I'm really sorry for making one of these apparent obnoxious threads, but I've searched the boards and haven't found anything to help me.

The thing is that whenever I try to edit anything on the profile/ style/ whatever from myO and hit the Edit My Profile button, I get the usual message that confirms my changes, but as soon as I return to see these changes, everything resets. Nothing I write or change stays changed (yes, I've changed from "off" to "on" almost everywhere). I hope I make sense...

Thanks very much in advance.
Posted
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sounds like you've been playing with the World settings accidentally. Here's what ya do.

1: Go to your little sign in box and click "MyOtaku." This should take you to your MyO page.

2: Go to the side bar over there and click "Backroom."

3: From there, there should be options for "Edit Profile" and "Edit Styles." That should be the stuff you need.

If this doesn't help, I wish you luck figuring out what the problem is.[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, one more thought. This has worked for me in the past.

If you're using Firefox, refresh the page while holding Shift.

If you're using IE, do it while holding Ctrl.

This refreshes the page using info on the site's server instead of your computer's cache. It's possible that it's not registering the changes because it's using previous settings that your computer has been to the page under.[/FONT]
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Sorry but I do have a problem with myO, my post styles has a serious problem my friend put a myspace code to make it cooler instead I cant see my page & I cant edited it at all it make me mad I ask an admin or someone but no one replyed or said anything I wonder can any1 help me please?
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Can you get to the [url=http://www.myotaku.com/account/life/styles/][u]Post Styles[/u][/url] page? If you can remove the code from there it should fix the problem.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Can you get to the [url=http://www.myotaku.com/account/life/styles/][u]Post Styles[/u][/url] page? If you can remove the code from there it should fix the problem.[/color][/QUOTE]

Im sorry but thats the problem I cant take out anything a certain code in the html prevente cause its not the same I cant toch anything I thin I may have to delete my pro if possible
Posted
[color=#4B0082]That's weird, I wouldn't think custom HTML would be able to affect the backroom pages.

I'd send a PM to Panda about this, either here on OB or on theOtaku. She's an admin on theO/myO and I think she should be able to reset your post styles for you.[/color]
Posted
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]I've seen this happen before actually. Certain code can break the text boxes and cause the backroom to be completely unusable. An admin can reset these fields without the need to delete your profile so I'd definitely recommend taking Desbreko's advice and contacting Panda.[/COLOR][/FONT]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]That's weird, I wouldn't think custom HTML would be able to affect the backroom pages.

I'd send a PM to Panda about this, either here on OB or on theOtaku. She's an admin on theO/myO and I think she should be able to reset your post styles for you.[/color][/QUOTE]

Thanks alot I hope this can be fixed
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Amaterasu
Posted
i have a problem with myo also, :animedepr i cant seem to get a wallpaper to work for mi main page, like i have the code and all and it always worked before they upgraded the otaku to version vibrant but now when i edit mi profile and use a wallpaper, and then i go to mi site and theres no wallpaper its a white bg. can neone help me? plz
Posted
[color=#4B0082]It looks like you've got a wallpaper as your myO page's background to me. Or are you trying to switch it to a different one?

I checked the source code on your myO page, though, and it looks like you've got a [url=http://media-wallpapers.theotaku.com/1280-by-1024-557152-20080706055723.jpg][u]wallpaper[/u][/url] set as your background through the backroom Edit Styles page and a [url=http://media-wallpapers.theotaku.com/1280-by-1024-569023-20080818080909.jpg][u]different wallpaper[/u][/url] overriding it through CSS in your introduction. In order for changing the background on the Edit Styles page to work you'll have to remove the background style code from your intro.[/color]
  • 3 months later...
Posted
I know its super late to reply but it has not got any better its still the same im sooo sad this was sooo depressing I can deal with this is there any way I can delete myotaku & make a new one this is the worst problem I ever had & im sick of dealing with it so can sum1 plz tell me how to delete my old Otaku
Posted
[FONT=Arial]Did you send a message to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Panda[/COLOR] about the issue? I'm certain one of the TheOtaku staff members could reset the coding to its original settings.

I'll ask [COLOR="DarkRed"]SunfallE[/COLOR] about that next time I see her.[/FONT]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]Thanks Allamorph.

Animepunk420, we'll try one more time - hopefully someone can restore those settings to the default so that you don't have to start again.

If nothing can be done we'll remove that account if you like.[/font]
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Animepunk420']I know its super late to reply but it has not got any better its still the same im sooo sad this was sooo depressing I can deal with this is there any way I can delete myotaku & make a new one this is the worst problem I ever had & im sick of dealing with it so can sum1 plz tell me how to delete my old Otaku[/quote]You don't want to delete it since myOtaku isn't open to creating new accounts. You can make a new one at theOtaku, but those are not set up to let you have a fully customized myOtaku so all you can do is log in for commenting on other member's sites who joined before the change like you did.

I talked to Adam about it and the problem was with your post style codes, which have now been removed so your page is loading again. You might want to check that before you try and reapply it so the same problem doesn't happen again. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]You don't want to delete it since myOtaku isn't open to creating new accounts. You can make a new one at theOtaku, but those are not set up to let you have a fully customized myOtaku so all you can do is log in for commenting on other member's sites who joined before the change like you did.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, this is a really important point that I forgot to mention! :catgirl:

Removing your myOtaku account means that you are essentially stuck with theOtaku/Worlds if you want to start again. And obviously Worlds don't have the same kind of customization, so you must consider that.

Fingers crossed anyway. Hopefully it will work now!

Thanks to SunfallE and Adam for following this up. :catgirl:[/font]
Posted
Ty if it doesnt work at all you can delete it I dont mind

[COLOR=Blue][b]Edit:[/b][/COLOR]
Did my eyes decive? it think it good im on a library comp so I cant be sure I cheak @ home later tonight & hope this isnt a trick

[COLOR=Blue]I merged your two posts. Please use the edit button (or delete and re-post) if you need to post again.
-Petie[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=Blue]What do you mean? I'm assuming you're referring to your myOtaku site and the fact that the posts can now be seen. If that's the case, then your eyes do not deceive. Just make sure you're careful about what code you use in your post styles/intro in the future as broken code can cause the same problem you just fixed to resurface.
[/COLOR]
Posted
OMG I checked on my computer now its fixed this was the 1st problem I ever had with myotaku *& I been using it for nearly 10 yrs now*thank you though seriously for a moment I though there was no solution for this problem:smirk:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...