Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, I haven't really found a recent thread on this, sooo...what's your opinion of these guys? I love them! My favorite song by them is Nine In The Afternoon!!! It's just so care-free and mood-lightening. YAYS!:animesmil
Posted
I think the reason there hasn't been a recent thread on P!ATD is because they're has-beens... :animesmil

I'm just playing. I don't particularly enjoy their music, but from time to time, you'll hear me listening to one of their hits. (Only the hits; the rest of it didn't impress me enough to care)
Posted
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]They're okay I guess. I don't mind hearing them, but I don't like them enough to bother and actually get one of their albums. Their sound is a bit too old school styled for my tastes. It reminds me of older stuff I've heard my mom play. >_>[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Tahoma"]I liked their original album for all the criticism they garnered and I must confess master that they have some of the best music videos out there. For all that they're on the same label as Paramore [who has totally terrible albums and often bad songs] and Falloutboy [who all make me want to cut myself repeatedly to make their sounds stop]...

I enjoy their often lightheartedness and the way they take themselves less seriously in their sophomore album. Perhaps their third will bring even better things. Favorite song? "I Write Sins, not Tragedies." Check the music videos. They're like absinthe fueled moulin rogue parties. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Tahoma"]Check the music videos. They're like absinthe fueled moulin rogue parties. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Their videos are odd, but I like weird! And I'm also a big fan of "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies"!:animesmil
Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]My friend got their new album. It's like a bad pop band that wanted to be a bad pop and folk band. I didn't enjoy the songs on the album. Not a very excited album, for me, or my friend. I never heard their debut, but I'm assuming many fans will be or have been disappointed by their new sound. :/[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Guest TheDumbening
Posted
they suck.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][size="1"]TheDumbening, all of OtakuBoards frowns upon short posts without any substance. It's perfectly alright to think something sucks, but simply just saying so doesn't allow for any conversation and would be better off having never been said at all. Please try to put more thought into your posts. -Clurr[/size][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='TheDumbening']they suck .[/QUOTE]

Umm...okay? Do you have any particular reason for [I]why[/I] you feel this way? ex. you don't like the genre of their music, you don't like the lyrics, you just plain don't like the sound, or what? :confused:
Posted
[size=1]*refrains from making 'your mother' jokes*

Anyway, ignoring two word posts, haha, I'm not a big fan of Panic but I do tend to listen to them occasionally. I also like them because they took their name from [i]Name Taken[/i], who're cool in their own right.

I'd have to say I prefer the videos to the music though. Mostly 'I Write Sins...'; I always dreamed of having a wedding like that, even if my bride did turn out to be a whore, it'd still be cool to have all the circus freaks there. Also, the lead singer has something about him (he reminds me of Whiplash from the Deathstars) that's almost intoxicating. Or maybe that's just me.

They're not too bad song wise, quite fun in fact, makes a difference from all the depressing or 'grr destroy' crap I listen to.[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Or maybe that's just me.[/size][/QUOTE]

Oh, it most certainly is not. Trust me! For me, there's something about his eyes that seem a little zombie-fying. Yes, zombie-fying.....shut up.:animeshy:
Posted
I like their music. It's okay, I guess. I have their first cd, but I don't really listen to it all that often. I suppose if I actually had something to play it in.. never mind. Anyways, I like that it's different from most music today. And the videos are sweet.
Posted
[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]*refrains from making 'your mother' jokes*

Anyway, ignoring two word posts, haha, I'm not a big fan of Panic but I do tend to listen to them occasionally. I also like them because they took their name from [i]Name Taken[/i], who're cool in their own right.

I'd have to say I prefer the videos to the music though. Mostly 'I Write Sins...'; I always dreamed of having a wedding like that, even if my bride did turn out to be a whore, it'd still be cool to have all the circus freaks there. Also, the lead singer has something about him (he reminds me of Whiplash from the Deathstars) that's almost intoxicating. Or maybe that's just me.

They're not too bad song wise, quite fun in fact, makes a difference from all the depressing or 'grr destroy' crap I listen to.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]How would anyone remind of you of someone from Deathstars?!! Haha. Deathstars is just creepy looking. It seems to me they try too hard to look scary, while Panic tries too hard to look old school. So uh. Has anyone here have anything to say about Panic! other than their video singles?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]It's the hair he has on the 'Sins video, I think. And the make-up is the same that the lead singer for the Deathstars wore (I do agree they're creepy looking - I love it really! You should see them live, it's the most glamorous freakshow I've ever seen, not to mention Mr. Whiplasher leaned on the crowd and we got the grope a feel of his deliciously delicate chest). They don't try too hard compared to most other bands... pictures from their 'normal' outings show 'em dressed the same as the stage haha XD

Furthermore, I don't actually know anything to add other than I just like the videos X3.[/size]
Guest TheDumbening
Posted
[quote name='TheDumbening']they suck.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][size="1"]TheDumbening, all of OtakuBoards frowns upon short posts without any substance. It's perfectly alright to think something sucks, but simply just saying so doesn't allow for any conversation and would be better off having never been said at all. Please try to put more thought into your posts. -Clurr[/size][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
hey, i just have nothing else to say. Isn't it okay to have a short post with nothing else to explain? Do i have to spell it out for everybody and go on a rant?
Posted
[quote name='TheDumbening']hey, i just have nothing else to say. Isn't it okay to have a short post with nothing else to explain? Do i have to spell it out for everybody and go on a rant?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Actually a rant would be a lot more informative than the oh so prosaic 'you suck.' It would tell us that a: you are capable of thinking in complete sentences that contain more than a noun and an adjective. And b: that you're capable of doing more than just jumping on the PATD! hatred bandwagon.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='TheDumbening']wat go die[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Oh ****. You... didn't...

To stay on topic, because I go off topic far too often nowadays, does anyone know why Panic! tend to have such long titles? It's really something that puts me off their songs.

Also, is the new album worth downloading? I say downloading because I haven't paid for a single album in a good few years. I was just wondering if it was worth the disc space.

*sets up a camera for Raiha's reaction*[/size]
Posted
[quote name='TheDumbening']wat go die[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I'll work on that. Perhaps someone will write a Panic at the Disco! song about it, cementing everyone's view that they're relatively emo.

But wait!

That song's already been written. Oh yes, and the new album isn't bad, just different from their first one. And I have no idea why there are such long titles. Just go with it.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='TheDumbening']internet=serious business[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This is the point where I'd be fetching my popcorn and preparing for a massive lulzrocket to take off if we were in chat. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post that short here on most occasions so I'll just say this: You've called out the thunder, pal. The boom, she is coming.

Anyway, on topic. I've heard some Panic! and I think they're alright. They're not my favorite band ever, but they're pretty decent. I wouldn't mind sitting in a room with their music playing in the background. I'd prefer Ok Go, but that's just me.[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]I'm with Ace on the OK Go bit. I've been listening to Panic!'s new album, and even though it has the "panic" sound to it, I definitely liked their first album better. But I've go to admit, I do like "That Green Gentleman". [/FONT]
Guest Naikori
Posted
I'm not really a fan of their music. When they're first video came out, I was in to them. The lyrics/video were cool to me. Then after about 1 or 2 months after the video came out, they're style of music and lyrics didn't grow on to me as they did before.
Posted
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Green"]Pretty. Odd. is my happy cd.:animesmil 9 in the Afternoon is definitly my favorite. I like most of their other songs, and they're wonderful to daydream to. Not dance, daydream. ^^
Posted
[quote name='sleepy_chan14']Not dance, daydream. ^^[/QUOTE]

Because we both know neither of us can dance, right?:p Luckily, though we're pretty good at daydreaming, huh?:animesmil

Yeah, but sleepy_chan14 just leant me 'Pretty Odd' so I could download it onto my itunes software. I really like the song 'Do You Know What I'm Seeing?' on that CD.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...