OtakuBoards

suicide

woody

well Murder would be to kill someone... generally refering to one person killing another... suicide would be killing yourself, but essentially it's still killing someone... regardless, killing is wrong, whether it be yourself or another... as many times as I have thought about suicide, I'll never be able to do it... Suicide is for the weak... people who can't face life, no matter the bumps in it... life can only get better if it's that bad you think you need to kill yourself, so why not let it get better... you are only hurtning other by killing yourself... anyway, I kinda got off topic.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Suicide is for the weak... people who can't face life, no matter the bumps in it... life can only get better if it's that bad you think you need to kill yourself, so why not let it get better... you are only hurtning other by killing yourself... anyway, I kinda got off topic.[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely, Cap'n. My dad committed suicide, and I resent him for his flagrant and ignorant display of cowardice.

IMO, the only way suicide would be like murder, is if you consider it as murdering yourself, or your soul.... depending on how you think. Oh boy.... it's 1 am. I need zeeeep. :sleep:

I'd have to agree with both of them. Suicide is murder..you're killing a living being, yourself. Not only is suicide just plain selfish and cowardly but you're also hurting the ones you love (parents, siblings, friends, etc). When people commit suicide, they don't see what's in front of them, they're precious life. Ok, i'm getting sarried away...lol

*turns to *GaLxY-GiRl**

er...go to sleep hun...you know you're killing precious brain cells when you don't sleep when you need too? :D yup...take it from someone who knows from experience..lol:laugh: :D

I guess suicide could be considered murder...if you don't succeed you get arrested for self-endagernment and inflicting emotional and in some cases, mental harm and anguish on those close to you. You get placed in a psychiatric treatment, and in some cases a prison psychiatric ward

And GaLxy-Girl, I am so sorry to here that....I could never imagine all the emotions you feel when that happens.... :confused:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i]
[B]Do you think suicide is murder? [/B][/QUOTE]

depends on your definition of murder...
If you see murder as killing someone with intent, then yes...
but if you refer to cold-blooded murder, then no.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i]
[B]It's your body, you have the right to do what ever you want. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you don't have the right to hurt your family.. to hurt your friends... to hurt anyone you love by taking your own life...

By law, if you aren't 18 you still are your parents possesion... you have no right to take yourself away from them... Attempting suicide is against the law... and thats why it is... you are hurting yourself... for what reason? Because you are too weak to face the realities of life? Because you don't like the way things are going? Because there's no other option?.... Those are all your opinions.... sadly they are mostly wrong.... Like I said, if you truely think that death is the answer you are basically saying "things cannot get worse" and if they can't get worse they can only get better.... but if you can't realize that, then you are weak, and you go to proove the fact those who commit suicide are weak...

You have the right to do what you want to your body, but you do not have the right to hurt your loved ones.... so you better figure out something else to do with your body.

Guest Voodookanaka
no. i cant really explain. it would b doubly hard as everyone here seems to have different views on murder to me neways.

I like Dante's depiction of suicide in his The Divine Comedy. In it, suicides are symbolically turned into trees that can only speak when they are hurt and bleeding.

This is symbolic of suicides because when you kill yourself, you're expressing yourself only through your own blood. If you're upset with something, there are much better ways to express your dissatisfaction with that thing than through your own self mutilation.

-Adam

[SIZE=1]As my mother says, 'Suicide is not an option'. Which is true, no one should consider suicide as an option. Not only is it stopping your life, it's a selfish act that only a fool would do for whatever reason. Like TN said, 'Suicide is for the weak'. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Life is made up of obstacles, and it's the job in life for every human being to over come them. Not to give up and take the easy way out. Suicide is murder upon the person who commits it, and to the families' feelings as they would feel like they have brought up their kin the wrong way. or maybe they have.... Either way, suicide is a foolish act, and I will never even think about commiting it. [/SIZE]

i don't like people saying "suicide is for the weak" & such things as that b/c suicides are victims of something... otherwise they wouldn't have killed themselves.

having said that, i think this thread should be closed b/c it is really offending me. i'm not trying to be a b*tch, it's just the way i feel.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i don't like people saying "suicide is for the weak" & such things as that b/c suicides are victims of something... otherwise they wouldn't have killed themselves.

having said that, i think this thread should be closed b/c it is really offending me. i'm not trying to be a b*tch, it's just the way i feel. [/B][/QUOTE]
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, and I agree on your point actually. Once again I apologise, and maybe this topic should be closed, because it might hurt other people.

there are many differnet views to consider when thinking about this topic: no one has mentioned that many of those left when someone commits suicide will blame themselves for the rest of their lives. for two diff reasons-not seeing the possibility of the person commiting suicide, and for not doing enuf to stop it from happening. personally, i see suicide as giving up on life, i do not fear death, but there is no reason to bring it early.