Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#9933ff]I guess like Caturdays only political. Yeah... bored and I should go to bed. But first...

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/priceless.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, you knew that one was coming.[/color]
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sorry, unamused. In fact. Offended. So she did advocate abstinence only education. But attacks on her daughter are unwarranted and unworthy. Her daughter didn't choose an abortion, she chose to marry her boyfriend and carry her baby to term.

Even Obama's said hands off her family. And that's probably the only other time I'll agree with him too.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sorry, unamused. In fact. Offended. So she did advocate abstinence only education. But attacks on her daughter are unwarranted and unworthy. Her daughter didn't choose an abortion, she chose to marry her boyfriend and carry her baby to term.

Even Obama's said hands off her family. And that's probably the only other time I'll agree with him too.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

When your mouth says "Abstinence education works" and your family says the exact opposite, you look like a fool.
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sorry, unamused. In fact. Offended. So she did advocate abstinence only education. But attacks on her daughter are unwarranted and unworthy. Her daughter didn't choose an abortion, she chose to marry her boyfriend and carry her baby to term.

Even Obama's said hands off her family. And that's probably the only other time I'll agree with him too.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]


[color=#9933ff]That wasn't an attack on her daughter. That was an attack on abstinence only education. If it's so great then why doesn't it work? Uh I don't know, because abstinence only is total BS. Yes, you can tell your kid to say no, but obviously that wasn't enough with her daughter and it's not enough in Massachesettes either. There's a pretty good reason why this country okayed birth control, so people would use it.

I didn't do this to get into a political debate, and hello, I may be pro choice, but I don't advocate abortion either. I'd never tell someone that they shouldn't get one, but if there's a chance I can talk someone out of it then I'd at least try. Adoption for one is a great alternative- there are plenty of families out there waiting for children who they can afford to raise.

Get a sense of humor about it- or at least try to understand that I WASN'T ATTACKING HER DAUGHTER.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Morpheus']When your mouth says "Abstinence education works" and your family says the exact opposite, you look like a fool.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]No, you look human. This happens to people all over America. Every freaking day. I have a sense of humor but this is simply not amusing in the least.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#9933ff]*sigh* Hey how about we get back on topic? We can save the Sex ed debate for another thread.

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/werent-soldiers.jpg[/IMG]

Not exactly a caption, but I'm too lazy to go right click and add to photo bucket- even though I found another good one.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"]If you guys want to get offended, I'm looking at you Raiha, do it elsewhere. In the mean time, lighten up and [I]get a sense of humor[/I]. It's a silly thread about political captions that poke fun of politics in general. Not. To. Be. Taken. Seriously.

Keeping that in mind, I present this:
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/816/128649356280126807as2.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/COLOR]
Posted
I'm 100% pro Mcain/Palin, but you do have to laugh, obviously America's laughing since the two are still climbing the polls. You have to respect the irony...If you get too caught up in taking things seriously than you need to avoid posting. Chibi started this thread as something humorous, if you didn't find it funny than just don't go and turn this into a debate. Put something you DO find funny, that's the whole point of this thread....sorry I guess I just became a hypocryte seeing as I didn't post a picture either.
Posted
[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][CENTER][IMG]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7453/1219373006081gz7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Remember kids, Politics = Serious Business.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff']That was an attack on abstinence only education. If it's so great then why doesn't it work? Uh I don't know, because abstinence only is total BS.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Logic fail.

Regardless of abstinence education, it was still her daughter's choice to have sex, and her daughter's choice to have the baby. The daughter is not bound by the decision(s) of the family . . . unless you want to back to the patriarchal rule system. Abstinence education is obviously not a substitute for parents teaching their children moral values (OMG LIEK NO WAI I SAID MORALS), but it does show that the state supports the idea.

Also, the phrase is "the sins of the fathers will be visited upon the sons", not the other way around.

So basically, how's about we keep the thread for political [I][U]humor[/U][/I], and leave off the political [I][U]mud[/U][/I] [I][U]slinging[/U][/I]. That seems fair.[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][QUOTE][FONT=Arial]So basically, how's about we keep the thread for political [I][U]humor[/U][/I], and leave off the political [I][U]mud[/U][/I] [I][U]slinging[/U][/I]. That seems fair.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I suggest people listen to this advice.

Anyway...

[CENTER][IMG]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7181/andyoudon12851294922187ab1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#9933ff]Just to prove that I'm an equal opportunity offender:

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/hilary.jpg[/IMG]

But now I wonder if that belongs in Caturdays[/color]
Posted
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I think the real question with Palin and her daughter shouldn't be whether abstinence only education works or not, but instead should be why Palin still supports it when she's got a prime example that it doesn't work right smack dab in her own immediate family. I mean c'mon! Open your eyes, Palin!

Sorry... i just had to say something.

Let me try to find a political funny now...

::rummage::

[IMG]http://punditkitchen.wordpress.com/files/2008/04/political-pictures-mccain-puppies.jpg[/IMG]

Best i could do. [/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
::rummage::

[IMG]http://punditkitchen.wordpress.com/files/2008/04/political-pictures-mccain-puppies.jpg[/IMG]

Best i could do. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]HEy I liked it../

Okay well here's what I have....

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/runningprincess.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, not funny, but not evil either.[/color]
Posted
[IMG]http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0107/BidenImage3.jpg[/IMG]
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Not quite in the same font, but some people can't be bothered to find actual images of brainz.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]The second I saw that Hillary photo, this popped into my head. Caption isn't great, but I couldn't think of a better one.

[CENTER][IMG]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/HillaryPalpatine.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Posted
[color=#9933ff]Hey Gavin, I'm surprised you didn't try this one:

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/skywalker.jpg[/IMG]

And you all should feel sorry for me she's still my state senator. But actually she's the best we've had in a long time- she gives a damn about Western New York.[/color]
Posted
I got a good laugh out of these two. Mostly the first one. =P

[CENTER][IMG]http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/5579/politicalpictureschinaozl6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2089/politicalpicturesgeorgeyr6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Posted
[color=#9933ff]Because there just isn't one up yet of the Canadian Prime minister and I for one think there should be

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/howdyeh.jpg[/IMG]

And because this just made me laugh a lot [/color]

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/conjurefire.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/13/128658131545724482.jpg[/IMG]

Now I couldn't let a picture like that go without a Star Wars reference.

Second best idea: Pope Barack I
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Seems this thread kinda merged over with the funtime one, I'll see if I can rummage up a few good pics.

[CENTER][IMG]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-sarah-palin-fine-example-family-values.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-john-mccain-governor-palin-alaska.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-barack-obama-official-act-first-sell-alaska.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE]
Posted
That last one is great Gavin. Heh.

[CENTER][IMG]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-us-senate-emptying-treasury-complete.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-washington-for-sale-trade-pork.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-sarah-palin-helping-choose-obama-wink.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...