OtakuBoards

A Bun in the Oven

Patronus

I'm going to be a father... Sort of.

Recently, my boyfriend donated his sperm to a lesbian couple who are friends of ours. We've tried it two times before, but as I'm sure the majority of you know, pregnancies (especially with circumstances such as these) aren't a perfect science. This time, however, we have high hopes -- Brittany has been noticing varying changes in her body and hasn't had a period this month. Here's hoping.

The most exciting thing -- to me, anyways -- is that Brittany and Ashley want us to play an active part in the baby's life. We'll undoubtedly be the "uncles," which isn't as prolific as a parental role, but it's just going to be nice to see how he/she grows up.

It's also amazing to me that in such a conservative area of the nation (northern West Virginia), two homosexual couples come together to form a family.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Congratulations are in order I suppose. But don't count your eggs before they're fertilized and whatnot. Most pregnancies end in spontaneous abortions anyway but woah. You don't need to hear that from me.

Just so long as there's plenty of love and support and good parenting I can't object.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"] But don't count your eggs before they're fertilized and whatnot. Most pregnancies end in spontaneous abortions anyway but woah. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Way to offer congratulations! :rolleyes:

Anyway, seriously, congratulations - at least, if she really does turn out to be pregnant! Hopefully it all works out for her.

It will be exciting for you to have a baby around and you'll be able to get a feel for what it's like to care for a child (even just as an uncle). I think that's always a good thing.

You'll have to let us know if her pregnancy gets confirmed. I think she won't have to wait long to know for sure, anyway.[/font]

[color=#9933ff]Hey serious congratulations. It's really wonderful of you and your boyfriend to make it possible for someone to start a family of their own. Really it's a wonderful gift that the two of you are giving someone.

Whoa, hand that off to Hallmark and give me the royalties will ya?

So anyways, aside from the missed period, what else has she noticed? Sensitive breasts, nausea at certain times of the day. (Morning sickness is a seriously misleading phrase.) Being very tired is also a sign of pregnancy. Of course she could do it the old fashioned way and buy a pregnancy test then go to her OBGYN.

But again congratulations. And I think it's great that you two will be able to be involved in the baby's life. It's like an open adoption, but with no forfeited parental rights.[/color]

First off I wish you well, secondally I wish you could get ahold of some camera's and send a copy of the video (well I guess DVD now a days) to the California state capital. I know this isn't marriage but hell that bill shouldn't have even been on the ballot.

Okay done ranting, don't want to take anything away from the Prop 8 thread.

But honestly congratulations are in the highest order, you'll have to pass that on to the couple from the boards.

[SIZE="1"]Congratulations Patronus, here's hoping everything goes as well as you guys hope it will. I'm sure this child will have the fortune of having not two but four parents to care for him/her which makes them very lucky indeed.[/SIZE]

Yay! We're all happy! Congratulations! Wooo!!!!!:animesmil:catgirl::animesmil

With what all the world has going on in its insanity, this adds just a little more joy and hope.

And again, WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Now if only I could get our local gay/bi/straight guy to date me.... I mean, he has his own crowd of fangirls!:o

and by gay/bi/straight, I mean one day he's gay, the next he's bi, and the next next day he's straight. With him, you never know.

By the way, he's not on the 'boards, just to keep things from getting messy in my PM mailbox.