OtakuBoards

Vote for a New Anime Forum!

James

Which new forum should we start with?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which new forum should we start with?

• Naruto
    • Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Death Note
    • Fruits Basket
    • Bleach

[font=franklin gothic medium]The FMA forum is now live, guys. Thanks so much for your votes. And don't worry, even if your favourite series isn't up there yet, this likely won't be the only sub-forum we'll add over time.

You can access the FMA forum from the main page (the link will be under Anime Central) and you can also see the forum at the top of Anime Central when you visit it.

At the moment it only has the one general thread, but please feel free to create new threads on anything related to the franchise.

Also I want to look at putting little blurbs or quotes for the franchise-specific forum descriptions (rather than the boring old "Discuss FMA here!" type stuff).

Perhaps a notable quote from each franchise would be a good idea as we add these forums. Any suggestions?[/font]

Something to do with tiny mini-skirts...? That's the only thing I can think of that's notable at the moment. Full quote was something like, "All female officers will be required to wear tiny mini-skirts!" ~Mustang~

Perhaps that's used entirely too much these days though... "shrugs"

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Ace']Out of these choices, FMA, Bleach and (though I regret to report it) Naruto are ongoing, with enough material on the way to keep people interested in discussion.[/QUOTE]
Double-edged sword, as part of the problem is these topics are [i]everywhere[/i].

I didn't see an option to discuss [i]future[/i] anime/manga releases (still navigating the site), so I voted for Fruits Basket.

This show made me laugh out loud.

• 4 months later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]So I have a question about this thread. Now that we have our Fullmetal Alchemist forum, I am wondering whether we should begin implementing new series-based forums from this poll (so Death Note would be next) or, should we do a new poll with new options?

What do you guys think?[/font]

[quote name='UncleYaris'][COLOR=Red]It was a difficult toss up between Alchemist and Bleach...but ultimately decided on FMA[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]We already have an FMA forum though - I'm thinking about whether we should hold a new vote with new options.[/font] :catgirl:

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]So I have a question about this thread. Now that we have our Fullmetal Alchemist forum, I am wondering whether we should begin implementing new series-based forums from this poll (so Death Note would be next) or, should we do a new poll with new options?

What do you guys think?[/font][/QUOTE]New poll. Just create a new thread or edit the poll in this one and simply remove FMA from the list since it already has it's own forum. You could even ask Adam what other series is on the top over at theO to replace FMA.

I'm just thinking that people's interest in what they'd like to see, may have changed since the last one was done. You could even ask people to suggest something else they would be interested in seeing that isn't in the current poll.

[color=#4B0082]I also think a new poll would be best. It's pretty easy for interests to shift after a couple seasons.

Inuyasha has a new TV series coming up next season, for example. I wouldn't be surprised if talk about that flares up again.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Inuyasha has a new TV series coming up next season, for example. I wouldn't be surprised if talk about that flares up again.[/color][/QUOTE]
X_X... I have issues with the Inuyasha fandom. (huge issues.) I hope I don't run into any since it's being animated again.

[quote=James]So I have a question about this thread. Now that we have our Fullmetal Alchemist forum, I am wondering whether we should begin implementing new series-based forums from this poll (so Death Note would be next) or, should we do a new poll with new options?

What do you guys think?[/quote]
New poll. Last time I voted for Death Note because I didn't want FMA to win (I know, quite the shady one.), but to be honest I don't think there's anything to really talk about that hasn't been discussed already in the Death Note thread itself especially considering the anime and manga has ended. Unfortunately, I think Des is right on the money. Inuyasha and other long running series are pretty much the way to go at the moment, but then again I suppose that's being like everyone else and we gotta be different.

Are there any shorter series that recently came out with a huge fanbase?

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082]Well, there's a few current series I could name but there's no way they'd be able to support their own sub-forum. Usually when I watch anime and I'm in theO chat, I do a little action message to announce what I'm watching. And most of the time no one but the people who know me have heard of the anime I mention. So it's hard to do something different when the majority of the members don't know about anything other than really mainstream shows.

I've been trying for about a year now to spread interest in lesser known anime with my Anime Club chats and so far I haven't managed it. :animesigh[/color]

• 1 month later...
We could always consider[B] Monster[/B] for it's own forum. Its not super well known but it does have a fairly decent fan base. Also, it's being dubbed and aired on SyFy starting October 12, so getting to finally see the dubbed version is bound to renew interest in the series. I know I plan on watching it.

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I've been trying for about a year now to spread interest in lesser known anime with my Anime Club chats and so far I haven't managed it. :animesigh[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]Library War[/I] and [I]Minami-Ke[/I] are still pretty damn awesome, if it makes you feel any better. Just sayin'.[/FONT]