OtakuBoards

Vote for a New Anime Forum!

James

Which new forum should we start with?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which new forum should we start with?

• Naruto
    • Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Death Note
    • Fruits Basket
    • Bleach

[font=franklin gothic medium]As you may know, we are looking at introducing specific forums for certain anime franchises here at OB. We hope that this will better-serve our anime community, so that fans will have dedicated locations for their favorite anime franchises.

As you can imagine it's pretty tough to decide which anime goes first! This will be a big test of whether or not we'll continue down this path.

So, I'm keeping it simple: I want you guys to vote. The nominees are drawn from theOtaku.com's featured anime - so hopefully there will be a choice here for every fan.

Please feel free to vote and discuss your choices in this thread. :catgirl:[/font]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm gonna go ahead and back Fullmetal Alchemist this round. A couple of reasons:

- Out of these choices, FMA, Bleach and (though I regret to report it) Naruto are ongoing, with enough material on the way to keep people interested in discussion.
- Naruto and Bleach are basically defaults since they're both so popular, so I'd go with the less predictable one since it's almost given that the other two will get their own forums, if this is based on popularity.
-The new anime series is bound to spark a renewed interest in the franchise.
-FMA doesn't suck, as opposed to Naruto.

A couple of other series that may warrant their own forum, but tend to be less hyped on this particular site would be [B]One Piece[/B] and [I]just maybe[/I] [B]Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann[/B]. Just puttin' it out there, if one of the goals is to attract new members.[/FONT]

I agree with Ace here. Bleach and Naruto's a given. (They can even be taken off the poll XD)

I'm actually gonna go a different route and vote for Death Note seeing how FMA will also get its own forum eventually.

So would the manga counterparts go into these anime sub-forums or just stay where they are?

Edit: [strike]I'm actually a bit surprised to not see that Mel....something of Haruhi ...... (Sorry fans, I just can't remember that title for nothing.) seeing how it's quite popular.[/strike]
Whoops. I totally missed the whole "TheOtaku" stuff. Forget you even read that. :D

[font=franklin gothic medium]As mentioned Magus, these options are based on the featured series over at theOtaku right now. I figure they should be our first port of call before we start going beyond that.

Whichever anime receives the most votes here will get its own forum first, but that certainly won't be the last! If we get some good feedback on that first new forum we'll be sure to expand the lineup.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, I suspect manga discussions will remain in our existing manga forum. We'll try this on and see how it fits, but there will be plenty of room for change as we go. For instance, it could be that if you had a [b]Bleach[/b] forum, [i]everything[/i] Bleach-related would go there. I'm open to that if we need to do it. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]As you may know, we are looking at introducing specific forums for certain anime franchises here at OB. We hope that this will better-serve our anime community, so that fans will have dedicated locations for their favorite anime franchises.

As you can imagine it's pretty tough to decide which anime goes first! This will be a big test of whether or not we'll continue down this path.

So, I'm keeping it simple: I want you guys to vote. The nominees are drawn from theOtaku.com's featured anime - so hopefully there will be a choice here for every fan.

Please feel free to vote and discuss your choices in this thread. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE]

I do want to be part of the vote and discussion!

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I voted for DeathNote, because I think that it's relatively undiscussed when compared to more well-known anime like Naruto or Bleach, and that it has a lot of discussion potential. That, and I personally would love to see a DeathNote forum. I love Naruto and all, but there are so many different forums for it, it's almost over discussed.

Just my opinion! :animesmil
~Rex[/FONT]

[COLOR="Teal"]I voted for Fullmetal Alchemist. Although I agree that it would be interesting to have a Death Note Forum for the simple fact that it would be nice to be able to discuss this series, I choose FMA because I think it'll attract more people. This show is getting a new season, and I think it'll draw more people. Personally, I'm tired of discussing the other shows listed (besides Death Note).[/COLOR]

I'm all for FMA. People who have lost interest in the show will probably be back to discuss the new upcoming season. I'm excited about it after going to a panel with three of the voice actors recently at SacAnime last weekend. They said the new season is based more off of the manga than the previous one.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I haven't really seen Death Note or FMA, however with FMA having new material coming out in the future, I think it would get more attention and would have more people interested in discussing it.

And since I just voted for it, I probably should actually watch it. ^^[/FONT][/COLOR]

well naruto and bleach dont really need to have a forum because its already a given. so i voted for full metal alchemist. i heard that it fma is coming out with a new season so i think that if theres a forum on FMA, it will attract more people to discuss it. and plus it sounds like an interesting forum to discuss:animesmil

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'm not a big fan of any of those series, but I sorta like Death Note up to episode 25. However, I've been meaning to read the Full Metal Alchemist manga, since I liked the beginning of the anime (later in the series got confusing for me, but my friends told me that it isn't as confusing in the manga). So I voted for Death Note, since it's the only option that I know well enough.

I prefer older animes, but of the few newer animes that I like they probably wouldn't make a very good forum. I like Hellsing, which takes a long time to make (although I can still see some good discussions coming from that anime and manga). And I like Claymore, but I think they're just dubbing it now and the manga is incomplete as well (also, it's not as popular, so not much discussion there). That's pretty much it for the newer animes that I really like. :catgirl: Sorry for boring you to death there. :animeswea[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#9933CC]I, also, voted for FMA, because of the new season, and because I've just been getting back into the series lately, and I feel like it has a lot of potential for discussion: morality issues, alchemy stuff (there are some interesting and FUN alchemy references in the series), family relationships (*grin*), etc.

For that reason, I also *almost* voted for Death Note, because that has a lot of potentional for discussion, too. So if you add another forum (after adding FMA), please consider that one. ^^;

[size=1]P.S.: Where's the choice for Digimon forum? J/k...[/size][/color]

I must "ditto" the last few posts - FMA due to the upcoming new series. I've been following all five of these series, so I'd have to say, the featured franchises over on theO are right on target. ^.^ Death Note has finished. Fruits Basket, other than a few manga volumes to be released, is said and done. Naruto and Bleach have a ways to go, especially the anime, but the hype around a [I]new series[/I] overshadows the mid-end section of something else for me. I'd do my best to support all of them, though. ^_^

I vote for FMA for two main reasons:

1) Basically what everyone else said about the new series and discussion material, plus I like the series a lot.

2) I think they kind of over-did it with some of the other anime series. I missed a few episodes of One Piece, and I got completely lost. And Naruto seems like it's been going on forever.

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]As you may know, we are looking at introducing specific forums for certain anime franchises here at OB. We hope that this will better-serve our anime community, so that fans will have dedicated locations for their favorite anime franchises.

Please feel free to vote and discuss your choices in this thread. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE] how long has this been out? im sorry, i just havent been on in a while and am getting used to the website again. also, im not supprised if death note wins. FMA is great but Death Note can be beaten by FMA...even though it have more episodes.....:animeswea.......but i dont care about how many episodes, its all wabout quality and how much you like it yourself.:animesigh

I have to go with FFMA. As much as I love Naruto and Bleach, FFMA is completed. And unlike Deathnote, FFMA gives a full spectrum of the genre wheel.

EDIT: However, now that I've actually read and understand the meaning of this thread I think there should be some more choices. Because there are ALOT of awesome series that could possibly be good choices.

But now that I think about it, these 5 series really sums up anime in general. So don't listen so me.

• 4 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]I voted for Naruto since it's the only series on the list that I watch. I don't even know what Fruits Basket is, but the others I simply haven't seen.

I think a welcome return to series-specific anime forums is quite timely, I never got used to the one-thread-per-anime idea. It works when the conversation revolves around the latest episode, but when threads about other aspects of the series are merged into the one thread to compete with other conversations on that anime, it can get quite jumbled and confusing. Maybe it's just me, but I do think having anime-specific forums will encourage more activity in the Anime Lounge.

Having said that. I do hope a forum for my favourite anime, One Piece, makes it up there eventually.[/COLOR][/SIZE]