OtakuBoards

Cats or Dogs?

Akieen Cloud

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]A controversial question between all animal lovers, which do you prefer, cats or dogs and why?
I personally like both, I have both a dog and a cat and I love them both but I'm more of a dog person. I love dogs due to the fact that no matter what they'll loyal to a fault and they want to be with you no matter where you are and just want to be with the family. They're great with kids and will protect their family at the cost of their own lives if it came down to it. But I like cats as well cause when your having a bad day and just want some company they'll be there to just sit in your lap and purr and make it all better. [/FONT][/COLOR]

It's hard to say, there are things I like better about both. Dogs are great since they tend to be more social than cats. At least in my experience. And cats are great since they're more independent so they don't require as much attention.

The only thing I really dislike with one is how cats will scratch things to pieces. I know not all of them do, but everyone we had when I was growing up was like that. Drove my mom a bit nuts.

I don't have either at the moment so it doesn't really matter. Though if I do get one, it will probably be a dog instead of a cat.

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I love dogs due to the fact that no matter what they'll loyal to a fault and they want to be with you no matter where you are and just want to be with the family. They're great with kids and will protect their family at the cost of their own lives if it came down to it. But I like cats as well cause when your having a bad day and just want some company they'll be there to just sit in your lap and purr and make it all better. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I choose dogs over cats! And what you said up there is exactly why! I adore anything/person that is loyal!:animesmil Plus, dogs are just plain lovable!

[SIZE="1"][B]Cats[/B], all the way.

I've grown up having cats, but I have had a few dogs in my life. To me cats are much more fun, and much less of a hassel. I'd rather clean a litter box than worry about the "presents" in my backyard, lol. I'm more for purring than barking. Currently I have two cats.

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs too, I'm just more of a cat person.[/SIZE]

It's really a toss up for me. I guess I'd have to go with dogs but only by a heir.

Dogs are loyal, but to an extent. I don't care what kind've dog you have, but let that dog leave your yard and go eat food another person gives it and you have a dog that will be loyal to two families.

Cats are about the same on the loyalty scale, they won't defend the families they live with so that's where they lose out....though my grandmother had a cat growing up that had to be locked up becasue it would attack anybody who wasn't my grandmother, and that includes my grandfather.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Cats all the way. Somehow the idea of constantly walking an animal and picking up its steaming leftovers in the dead of winter with a plastic bag doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'm weird. :P

Seriously, Cats don't need attention but they are very affectionate and make great sleeping buddies since that's pretty much all they do. They're also much quirkier and have pretty distinct personalities, I've found.

Also, stupid dogs barking is probably one of my least favourite sounds on the planet. A cats meow, however, is more cute than irritating (unless they're intentionally whining at you but dogs do that too).[/COLOR][/FONT]

Easy. Dogs all the way...

My puppy (even though she's getting old, she'll always be my puppy) is like a friend. And you know what they say, mutts are the best kind of dog. I don't know why, but I believe it. Every dog I've ever owned has been a mutt and they're all the best.

And loyalty to other people only goes so far with my dogs since I always rescue them from the street or the animal shelter. I think animals know when you've saved their lives and that's a loyalty that strangers can't attain by giving them food.

Dogs are more affectionate, more playful, (which is better to an active person like myself) and I love the way she lays at the foot of my bed every night like a guard dog (even though she's just a lab mix and very wimpy)

I don't dislike cats, but my mom and dad do... So I've always just grown up around dogs. And cleaning up their messes isn't bad at all. If you've got a really obedient dog (like mine) you don't even have to go outside with them when they need to go... I just let her out, she does her business and comes back to the door. And she usually only goes in one spot so I never have to worry about stepping in a surprise when I walk through my front lawn.

Dogs for the win!

[B]Cats[/B]. Never anything else.

Beautiful, mysterious, exotic. We had a cat for sixteen years (he died in the summer) and we all loved him.

Plus they are quiet. Dogs bark too much, especially around here. I don't like that noise. Cat's are also better at their own grooming.

[size=1]I have two cats and a dog so I like both.

My cat (literally all mine! =D ) isn't lazy like normal cats. She's quite young so she's a bit insane... or rather a lot... and best mates/enemies with the dog. She sleeps in his basket and he'll either let her and squeeze in with her, bark at her or try and push her out. We have the cutest pictures of them sleeping together - Lucky has a cat grin and my dog, Chance, looks relatively grumpy.

All in all I like both. If it came to it though and I lived on my own I'd get a cat, since it doesn't require as much attention as a doggie.[/size]

I love cats! Well, dogs too but I prefer cats. They're more independent, but still need lots of loves from us. I used to own like probably 7 cats in one go. I was so happy then. I've been keeping cats as pets since I was but a little girl. :animesmil

[QUOTE=Meet the Parents]
[SIZE="1"]Jack: Greg, how come you don't like cats?

Greg: I don't not like cats. I-I just-- I just prefer dogs. I mean, I'm just more of a dog kind of, you know--Come home, wagging their little tails, happy to see you kind of--

Jack: You need that assurance? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal? You see, Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

hilarious.

------------------

I'm a dog person.

And dogs do have their own unique personalities. Mine is energetic and lazy. It all depends. If nobody has left/come, he'll just lay down in the sunniest spot he can find. When the sunlight moves, he moves to that spot. He loves to sleep under the covers, he's very loving and will always try to comfort me when I'm depressed, he loves on you when you're sick... the list of his intelligence/stupidity is endless! He's afraid of his own shadow, both figuratively and literally, except for when it comes to me and my brothers. He is loyal to my family and only them. Nothing could change this, not even all the hairbands, steak bones, and blankets in the world (he really likes hairbands, blankets, AND my hair...).

Then again, maybe I'm a dog person because cats always flee the area when I come along, while dogs will just walk up to me and love on me, even if they've never seen me before. I think cats fear me because I just pick them up to much...

I love my beagle!

And mutts are full of more love than regular dogs. My grandmother has a mutt. She's really old now, but I've known her since she was a pup. As soon as we get to my grandmother's house, she comes right up to me specifically. She has always sat with me, and always comes up to be pet, get a belly rub, or a hug. She and I are really close.

The dogs' names... the one at my house is Copper Sparks, though I just call hum Copper or Buddy, (Sparks came from the fact there's a lightning bolt pattern at the base of his tail) and my grandmother's mutt is MC... or at least, that's how I think it's spelled. She's also got another dog that her boyfriend (has been with her since before I was born...) picked up at his place of work. They called him Prince because he likes to be the center of attention. He and MC get along well. She will play with him, even when she's tired.

In the end, dogs are my favorite. They are way more interesting than cats. They are always different, especially mine... he's too easy to screw with, and it can be absolutely hilarious sometimes.

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"]If I have to go off the animals I have now, I'd definately say cats are better. My mom has two pomeranians (cute, but insanely annoying most of the time) and my sister has this awesome, laid-back cat. I'd choose the random noms of the cat over the constant, high-pitched, headache-inducing barking of the dogs any day.

Though I will say that there is an exception: big dogs. Big dogs tend to be alot easier to get along with, as far as my experiences with them go. They're amazingly less annoying, as long as you keep up with the shedding.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

• 1 year later...
Hi Guy's,

According to me Cats are great furniture, but a dog will save your life, man. Best concomitant in the world.i love dogs specially mutts are the best kind of dog. I don't know why, but I believe it. Every dog I've ever owned has been a mutt and they're all the best.